Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Who said that skylanders will not last and lose value!?!
Page 1 of 1
Who said that skylanders will not last and lose value!?! [CLOSED]
MRskylanderT Yellow Sparx Gems: 1080
#1 Posted: 01:32:24 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
It looks like they will be the next Pokemon......and maybe even better......possible trading cards on the way.....cartoon series.....film......who knows.......but I am glad I kept my set.
---
***** I have The Extremely Rare Arena Tour Dark Spyros *****
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#2 Posted: 01:49:47 25/07/2012
It's gonna get incredibly popular, no doubt, it already is but it will never, ever be better than pokemon. But honestly, if they keep making games like giants, which is going to be almost exactly the same as SSA, It'll die off real quickly.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#3 Posted: 02:12:06 25/07/2012
Quote: MRskylanderT
It looks like they will be the next Pokemon......and maybe even better......possible trading cards on the way.....cartoon series.....film......who knows.......but I am glad I kept my set.
Thats already happening.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#4 Posted: 02:22:26 25/07/2012
i'm bored of this game,i payed for all the figures i get,and i've waisted enough,and the game gets boring if you don't get new figures.
When you get a new figure,you get a refill,but after a while,your bottle is empty,leaving little to enjoy.
MRskylanderT Yellow Sparx Gems: 1080
#5 Posted: 02:26:37 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Do you think they will have rare trading cards?
---
***** I have The Extremely Rare Arena Tour Dark Spyros *****
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#6 Posted: 07:37:39 25/07/2012
Quote: spyro and sonic
It's gonna get incredibly popular, no doubt, it already is but it will never, ever be better than pokemon. But honestly, if they keep making games like giants, which is going to be almost exactly the same as SSA, It'll die off real quickly.

<sarcasm>Right. Those Pokémon games feature SO MUCH variety in gameplay.</sarcasm>

There's variety in Giants components...Lightcore, Giants, new characters. Of course the gameplay will be similar...or were you hoping for Skylanders: Karting? You don't know if the story will be engaging or unique yet...why not hope for the best?
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#7 Posted: 08:37:25 25/07/2012
Quote: spyro and sonic

Unless they actually start to make an effort on the actual game, it's not going to be anywhere like as big as Pokemon. The fact that now it's going to start costing hundreds of pounds in the middle of a global recession means that a lot of families are not going to be able to affors these new characters, and without the characters the game is very bad frankly.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#8 Posted: 10:22:37 25/07/2012
I just wanna put my hoof in and say that comparing Skylanders to Pokemon is like comparing Apple to Nintendo. One is successful, one is successful and makes amazing things.
Skylanders is a good idea for a game, and would be excellent, but there's just NO replay value- the furthest it goes is maxing Gold on each character. With Pokemon, for example, there are just so many to catch. If you don't want to catch them all, you can battle and perfect a team. And if you don't want either of those, you get a huge world to explore in if that's what you want. Heck, even the main game is longer, 5 hours versus 40. Skylanders is boring after one year, Pokemon is gold for a hundred.

And it's already happening... The figures will lose ALL value with Series Two. Let's compare selling values.

Right now, an E3 Trigger Happy and Chrome Spyro went together for $500. There are an unknown, small amount of the former, and they were never available by selling or giveaway, there are only 2000 of the latter.

Just a few months ago, a Crystal and regular Wham-Shell went together for $1600. Everyone knew that the former would become available in most American stores with the latter, which is also getting more widespread each week- across the globe.

If that's not losing value, I don't know what is.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:28:19 25/07/2012 by Nibelilt
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#9 Posted: 10:35:30 25/07/2012
Quote:
I just wanna put my hoof in and say that comparing Skylanders to Pokemon is like comparing Apple to Nintendo. One is successful, one is successful and makes amazing things. Skylanders is a good idea for a game, and would be excellent, but there's just NO replay value- the furthest it goes is maxing Gold on each character. With Pokemon, for example, there are just so many to catch. If you don't want to catch them all, you can battle and perfect a team. And if you don't want either of those, you get a huge world to explore in if that's what you want. Heck, even the main game is longer, 5 hours versus 40. Skylanders is boring after one year, Pokemon is gold for a hundred.

^ Agree 100%! Still love skylanders though smilie.
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me