Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Augmented Reality T-Shirts [CLOSED]
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#1 Posted: 09:10:58 22/07/2012 | Topic Creator
In this week's Target circular (US) there is a new thing I haven't heard of before: Zaparrel. These are licensed tees with an accompanying smart phone app (iOS and Android): Point the phone with the app at the tee to play a game, see a show, etc. The app is called Zappar, and looks to have been available for about a year.

Searching around the developer's site I see that these are at Walmart as well. Looks like youth sizes only; good for you younger members, good for the children of older members.

Here's the developer's site if you want to check it out: http://www.zappar.com/

Here's the image from the Target ad:

[User Posted Image]

I'd love to see the interactive content posted as a video, if anyone can pull it off. Please post here if you can!
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#2 Posted: 10:28:36 22/07/2012
awww... that is cool! smilie thanks for the pic and news.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 14:23:28 22/07/2012
Ah interesting. I remember seeing a Lightning McQueen shirt early this year when looking for Dino-Rang at Krogers. It was kind of like this, but I didn't think much of it.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
TheAceOfBreath Green Sparx Gems: 356
#4 Posted: 15:39:36 23/07/2012
^THERE IS A GREEN LANTERN ONE IM BUYING IT

eduhflsjdhlshdflsdhflsd

GREEEEEEEEEN LANTEEEEEEEERN
---
"We're talking about Hetalia."
"No wonder I don't understand."
erivera Green Sparx Gems: 111
#5 Posted: 13:55:11 25/07/2012
AR shirts have been around (commercially) since late last year, and they are beginning to spread to other brands. Website Visualitee.com carrying a bunch of what's available out there now and some retailers like Macy's and of course Target have brought them in as pilot programs. Looks like Target's pilot did well, so expect to see many other retailers follow their lead.

Big disclaimer: I am in the AR industry so I'm biased.
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#6 Posted: 14:34:52 25/07/2012
So what happens when you scan the Skylanders T?
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#7 Posted: 17:45:08 25/07/2012
Right. Someone download the app and scan this:

http://www.target.com/p/skylan...ue/-/A-14133474
#8 Posted: 20:49:58 25/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: EpicHiro
Right. Someone download the app and scan this:

http://www.target.com/p/skylan...ue/-/A-14133474

Hey! I didn't even think to look on the Target site!

OK, got it to work from the screen. It's pretty neat! The design pops off the shirt in 3D, a music loop plays, and there are element buttons for the three characters. Tapping the button makes the character react with an attack move. After you try them, they get a photo button below them. Tapping the photo button removes the background and turns on your camera. The character is animated and moving for the photo, but when you press the shutter button, a photo is captured with the Skylander in the scene...you can pose with Spyro, but you get him in whatever part of his animation cycle he is in at the time.

I'll see if I can't grab a video of this in action later.

NOTE: You download the particular AR app into the Zappar app on your device when you first zap the shirt. You still need the shirt to activate the AR when you want to play with it.

EDIT: Here's a picture of my son taken through the Zappar app on the iPhone. It's portrait on my phone, computer and in Dropbox, but landscape here for some reason...you'll have to tilt your head or your monitor...

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:54:15 25/07/2012 by matthewgerber
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 21:56:36 25/07/2012
lol. "Spiro". Twice.

Anyone willing to give you a dollar, eh Activision? smilie
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#10 Posted: 23:30:58 25/07/2012
Me and Bonbonsalad got them today!
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
#11 Posted: 04:15:48 26/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
lol. "Spiro". Twice.

Anyone willing to give you a dollar, eh Activision? smilie

^ For those wondering what in the heck he's talking about (and I had to go look and figure it out myself), in the app description of this AR, the developers spell Spyro "Spiro".

And yeah...they call Charlie Brown "Linus" in the description of the Peanuts shirt shown in the Target ad. Not too interested in research or proofing their work, I suppose. :-/
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me