Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I am so awesome! [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1 Posted: 22:40:27 20/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I passed a crystal wham shell today, and did not but it!
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#2 Posted: 22:53:05 20/07/2012
omg you're soooo cool, good for you
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:14:23 21/07/2012 by LevanJess
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#3 Posted: 23:00:18 20/07/2012
[User Posted Image]

You are my hero.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:35 20/07/2012 by Aquatic Llama
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#4 Posted: 23:06:48 20/07/2012
Stupid is as stupid does.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#5 Posted: 23:17:47 20/07/2012
I don't know why you didn't buy it.
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#6 Posted: 23:21:38 20/07/2012
^ This and the above post
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#7 Posted: 23:45:54 20/07/2012
uh...you could have bought it to sell at cost to someone...but alas...you did what you thought was a good thing. Wonder if it's on ebay yet.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#8 Posted: 23:58:13 20/07/2012
bro,u should haz sold it too Gm78 he dosent have 5 of em'
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#9 Posted: 00:02:36 21/07/2012
You've begun to resist the temptation. This is certainly a good thing.

@t7gga, You call someone stupid for not buying a skylander. No, just don't.
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#10 Posted: 00:18:54 21/07/2012
Quote: spyro and sonic
You've begun to resist the temptation. This is certainly a good thing.

@t7gga, You call someone stupid for not buying a skylander. No, just don't.

i've gotten bored of skylanders 2 months ago,i don't even know what i'M doing posting in this forum...
#11 Posted: 00:45:15 21/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah! Mee nott stooopid!
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#12 Posted: 03:37:57 21/07/2012
If you don't buy it then how not? When ever I see any rare ones or good skylanders like Cynder, then I sell it on craigslist like 10-15 bucks
---
words. letters. filler.
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#13 Posted: 11:06:09 21/07/2012
T7gga's right-you could have made a ton of profit, so it was a bit like looking at $100 on the floor and going right past it. If that's not stupid I don't know what is.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#14 Posted: 11:07:23 21/07/2012
^ this
#15 Posted: 14:51:06 21/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I am totally against selling for higher prices then need to be. I think it is stupid that you would want to take it away from an excited little kid! Don't go judging me!
---
#16 Posted: 15:05:24 21/07/2012
you say awesome while others say stupid ... no judgement just opinions
#17 Posted: 15:53:31 21/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh! Then you are so awesome!
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#18 Posted: 20:34:18 21/07/2012
Joe, it's like saying "I need 5 dollars but I only have 10..... I'll just throw the other 5 away smilie" If I saw a variant that I want/already have, I'd buy it and sell it for more money because I still need skylanders. I haven't yet gotten all 37
---
words. letters. filler.
camo1123 Blue Sparx Gems: 613
#19 Posted: 22:17:09 21/07/2012
you could have goten 300 dollers on ebay for that
---
Please call me mad jack
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:08 21/07/2012 by camo1123
#20 Posted: 21:06:26 22/07/2012
He could have picked it up and sold it at cost for someone in the group and done them a HUGE favor... sigh...
---
#21 Posted: 21:12:53 22/07/2012
^or he could have left it there, like he did, for someone else to get rather than being selfish and buying it just for personal gain. I mean, he had no interest in the toys so buying it for profit only makes you selfish.
#22 Posted: 21:55:43 22/07/2012 | Topic Creator
^ Thanks you.
---
#23 Posted: 13:22:52 23/07/2012
^or he could have left it there, like he did, for someone else to get rather than being selfish and buying it just for personal gain. I mean, he had no interest in the toys so buying it for profit only makes you selfish.

I said sell it to someone on the group "AT COST". At Cost means at retail price plus the cost to ship it to whoever wants to buy it. Do you really think the person who is going to get that figure is going to be a kid? Nope, it'll be a scalper more likely than it will be a kid. The point we are trying to make is if you could have afforded it, you could have at least gotten it to put it in the hands of a person on this group who actually wants it. I've purchased piles of figures and sold them at face value to get them in the hands of people who live in towns that have scalpers who buy out every store of the hard to find ones. It's not being selfish, it's being smart. *shakes head* I respect you leaving it for someone else, but I think it likely wound up on ebay over in your hands where it would have been assured it went to some kid who really wanted it.

Oh well...you were doing what you thought was right. So no skin of yours or anyone else's nose.
---
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#24 Posted: 13:31:42 23/07/2012

You mean so a scalper could get it? The likelihood of a kid actually buying it is about 1% I bet. I know that it feels nice that a kid could have got it, but you could have sold it on eBay and given the money to an orphanage or charity. That's hardly selfish is it-giving away hundreds of pounds to children who actually need it? Not saying what you did was a bad thing, but if you actually think about it...then you could have done a lot of good with the money you'd have made by selling it.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#25 Posted: 13:37:58 23/07/2012
Quote: xerokills

I said sell it to someone on the group "AT COST". At Cost means at retail price plus the cost to ship it to whoever wants to buy it. Do you really think the person who is going to get that figure is going to be a kid? Nope, it'll be a scalper more likely than it will be a kid. The point we are trying to make is if you could have afforded it, you could have at least gotten it to put it in the hands of a person on this group who actually wants it. I've purchased piles of figures and sold them at face value to get them in the hands of people who live in towns that have scalpers who buy out every store of the hard to find ones. It's not being selfish, it's being smart. *shakes head* I respect you leaving it for someone else, but I think it likely wound up on ebay over in your hands where it would have been assured it went to some kid who really wanted it.

Oh well...you were doing what you thought was right. So no skin of yours or anyone else's nose.

I understand your position and respect that but in my eyes that's selfish, while it might not be in yours. I see it as selfish because you are buying something you have no interest in for profit. You have no way of knowing who got the toy, for all we know some kid could have come and bought in a minute after joerox passed it up. Think about it, is he more likely to sell it for what he paid or for a large profit?

I don't much like your attitude either, you act like you are right while everyone else is wrong. There is no right or wrong in this situation. You're not right, I'm not right, no one is. This is all just opinions. Arguments based on opinion never get anywhere so let's just no do this, okay? Also @ your last paragraph: what exactly does that mean?
#26 Posted: 13:57:08 23/07/2012
The last line in my post is not in reference to you spyro and sonic...that is for Joerox. The kid thought he was doing what was right. I don't think however that you are getting what I was saying. So he sees it. He says, "Mom, I don't want it, but I know there are some people on Darkspyro that might want it. I could sell it to them for what I paid for it, and the cost to ship it to them. Can I?" Now, instead he turned a blind eye on a chase figure. We will never know what happened to that figure. Nor should we care. But at least if he bought it and then sold it to someone on here for the 11 pounds + shipping cost. Then we'd know that he did someone a nice favor and helped out. He'd have gotten nice accolades for it and he could feel good in doing so as well.

I was in no way telling him to scalp it. I was telling him to help out the community that is collecting. I am stating what he could and should do in the future to help him see different points of view. His view at the time was one of doing good. But it was blindly (possibly) doing good vs actually doing good by taking control of who would be getting it. So this isn't opinion...this is a fact. He made the wrong choice based on the possible outcomes. If he sat and waited for some kid to actually get it, then there would be no argument. But he let fate play it's role instead of controlling that figure's destiny of getting in the hands of a good soul at store price. I personally would have grabbed it. Held onto it and waited for a kid to show up with his/her mom and dad and given it to them personally. Or I would have purchased it for myself to keep or to give to the community at regular price.

This isn't even an argument. This is just someone clarifying his statements. If you dislike my attitude, that's on you. As for no skin off your nose...it means...you didn't hurt or harm anyone with what you did really...so it's pretty much a wash. And a few quick questions spyro and sonic. Are you a troll based on your signature? Is that your goal? To troll.
---
#27 Posted: 14:06:39 23/07/2012
Quote: xerokills
The last line in my post is not in reference to you spyro and sonic...that is for Joerox. The kid thought he was doing what was right. I don't think however that you are getting what I was saying. So he sees it. He says, "Mom, I don't want it, but I know there are some people on Darkspyro that might want it. I could sell it to them for what I paid for it, and the cost to ship it to them. Can I?" Now, instead he turned a blind eye on a chase figure. We will never know what happened to that figure. Nor should we care. But at least if he bought it and then sold it to someone on here for the 11 pounds + shipping cost. Then we'd know that he did someone a nice favor and helped out. He'd have gotten nice accolades for it and he could feel good in doing so as well.

I was in no way telling him to scalp it. I was telling him to help out the community that is collecting. I am stating what he could and should do in the future to help him see different points of view. His view at the time was one of doing good. But it was blindly (possibly) doing good vs actually doing good by taking control of who would be getting it. So this isn't opinion...this is a fact. He made the wrong choice based on the possible outcomes. If he sat and waited for some kid to actually get it, then there would be no argument. But he let fate play it's role instead of controlling that figure's destiny of getting in the hands of a good soul at store price. I personally would have grabbed it. Held onto it and waited for a kid to show up with his/her mom and dad and given it to them personally. Or I would have purchased it for myself to keep or to give to the community at regular price.

This isn't even an argument. This is just someone clarifying his statements. If you dislike my attitude, that's on you. As for no skin off your nose...it means...you didn't hurt or harm anyone with what you did really...so it's pretty much a wash. And a few quick questions spyro and sonic. Are you a troll based on your signature? Is that your goal? To troll.

Okay so we understand each other then. Let's just leave it at that, alright.

No I am not a troll. If I was I wouldn't make it so obvious as putting it in my sig. But having a different opinion does not automatically make someone a troll, I hope you know that.
#28 Posted: 14:12:52 23/07/2012
I wasn't accusing you of being one...was asking as your signature tends to lead us to believe you enjoy the art of "trolling". Not exactly sure the point of your signature at all really. And with that...that concludes our regularly scheduled programming.
---
#29 Posted: 14:29:52 23/07/2012 | Topic Creator
See. Spyro and Sonic, said my words for me!

I do not care that a scalper may have gotten it! Maybe a kid did get it? Who knows? We won't! And if I just made a kid happy rather then take it and sell it I feel happier than I would be with that Crystal Whammy! It is selfish to just take it! I mean basically what you are saying: is give to someone online, have them sell it for even more money, and them be happy! In my opinion 1 kid being happy is better than 3 people being greedy and selfish! And if you think it was right to buy it, go ahead! If you want too buy it, buy it! And plus, I don't sell stuff on the Internet! I am too young! I can't! But I am still very perfectly happy that maybe a kid got really happy that day, or maybe they didn't but that is all that matters to me!

\endrant/
---
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#30 Posted: 15:33:59 23/07/2012
I am totally with xerokills on this one. If I see a character that I know people can't find, I buy it and sell it to someone for the exact cost I paid (usually in a drawing). This keeps it away from the scalpers, and gets it into the hands of someone who wants it without having to resort to overpaying. I think of it as good karma. I have won a few drawings myself, and I love to pay it forward.

I had never heard of toy scalping before purchasing this game for son for Christmas. Personally, I could care less if people scalp the rare variants. They seem to be made for the collectors anyway. That people were buying up all of the regular characters really bothered me. I suppose that is the reason I am in Skylander groups now. I wonder if would even be thinking about this game right now if there were no scalpers? I've never collected anything before this, but I am some kind of addict for this stuff now. However, I will not pay over retail ever again (twice). Ever.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me