darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > "Come Rang or Shine" Some thoughts on Dino Rang
Page 1 of 1
"Come Rang or Shine" Some thoughts on Dino Rang [CLOSED]
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#1 Posted: 15:40:55 17/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been thinking about posting this for quite some time now. I have tested Dino Rang in PvP against my little brother, who is probably better then me. After what I would say is around twenty matches here is some thoughts.

Note: I took my Dino Rang down Grand Boomerang master path.

1. Dino Rang belongs in the "S" Tier. I randomly found the Tier ranking thread a few weeks ago. I noticed D-Rang was in the upper A-Tier. That was good but as I started using him more and more I noticed that he probably belongs with the elite. Why? He can easily beat Stealth Elf, who is considered by many to be the best Skylander in the game. It's so easy. Set some traps, throw your bomber range. When she get's close use your traps and boomerang shield and waddle to another location and start again.

Now some of you are probably thinking (and rightfully so) Llama, your brother probably sucks, or he is playing as him wrong. My brother is almost fourteen (I'm almost eighteen) and beats the crap out of me in these types of games. I'm more of a sports/fps shooter/strategy game kinda guy. This style of game is his territory. I was also surprised when I beat stealth elf. Who would of thought Dino Rang was capable of such things.

2. Which brings me to my second point. His is sooooooo underrated. Why? Maybe he isn't as flashy as the others, or maybe everyone is busy thinking about Ignitor, Cynder, Drobot, etc. I don't know. He isn't the most exciting guy on the block, but he sure is one of the best.

It also doesn't help that he is in the Earth element. He is often overlooked by Terrafin and Bash. The earth element is the most powerful element in the game, easy.

3. Now he has struggles with Ignitor like any other skylander, but that's ok. He can beat Drobot, and can stay in their with the big dogs.

4. He has the moves that make a skylander great. He has a useful utility move in Boomerang finesse, which allows him to go around barriers and hit guys from afar. His Boomerangs are also very powerful and his rate of fire is pretty darn good. His HP is solid so he isn't going to get himself killed easily. (I'm looking at you Trigger happy, you sick, sick little man) He has a great defensive move in the traps, and he can finish a battle quickly. His speed ain't that bad too.

Overall I think everybody's favorite green Boomerang throwing dinosaur doesn't get the credit he deserves. I'm sure when the skylanders go off on some mission to protect skylands, everyone else takes the credit and Dino Rang just sits back with a smile on his face thinking "Kaos would be running this joint if I wasn't here ya Pillocks."

What do you guys think?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:44:04 17/07/2012 by Aquatic Llama
greenpuff Blue Sparx Gems: 648
#2 Posted: 16:16:11 17/07/2012
I think he is quite good. I lost him though.
---
Finished SG!
I got smilie and smilie
Tempest Yellow Sparx Gems: 1807
#3 Posted: 18:26:52 17/07/2012
Finally! Someone who has seen D-Rangs greatness! But seriously, though, he's one of my favorite Skylanders.
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#4 Posted: 18:38:33 17/07/2012
Acording to his bio, Dino-Rang is not actually a Dinosaur, and does not like to be called that. A fact that he his quick to correct with his boomerangs.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#5 Posted: 19:12:56 17/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tempest
Finally! Someone who has seen D-Rangs greatness! But seriously, though, he's one of my favorite Skylanders.

Mine too! Glad to see someone else likes him!

Quote: Reaganag
Acording to his bio, Dino-Rang is not actually a Dinosaur, and does not like to be called that. A fact that he his quick to correct with his boomerangs.

"Unlike most unruly dinosaurs, Dino-Rang has a calm and collected demeanor. However, if anyone calls him a dragon by mistake, Dino-Rang will lose his cool, resulting in a furious display of whirling boomerangs."

He is a Dinosaur. What are you taking about?
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#6 Posted: 20:04:05 17/07/2012
OH. I have not read that in a while, I should have checked before posting, sorry. But I do agree that Dino-Rang in very strong, and should be S-tier.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Maddoggy Green Sparx Gems: 293
#7 Posted: 20:52:32 17/07/2012
Upper a tier Dino rang is almost broken with his boomerang shield
---
My top 5 I own in no particular order. smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 20:52:42 17/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Reaganag
OH. I have not read that in a while, I should have checked before posting, sorry. But I do agree that Dino-Rang in very strong, and should be S-tier.

No problem, we all make mistakes.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#9 Posted: 00:26:19 18/07/2012
I would put him in S, no question. He's easily better than Bash in PVP, and arguably at least at Terrafin's level if not higher. Everything you've said is completely accurate. Dino Rang is underrated, but one of the game's top characters without question.
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#10 Posted: 00:36:38 18/07/2012
@Reaganag, I have seen that same bio, your'e not making it up. Maybe they changed it or something.
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#11 Posted: 03:25:11 18/07/2012
i'm geting him tomarrow he isn't rare here and i finally have some $
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#12 Posted: 03:37:28 18/07/2012
I put him on the Earthen Avenger path for cosmetic reasons.

I couldn't pass up that Mad Max style armor.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#13 Posted: 13:41:31 18/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tashiji
I would put him in S, no question. He's easily better than Bash in PVP, and arguably at least at Terrafin's level if not higher. Everything you've said is completely accurate. Dino Rang is underrated, but one of the game's top characters without question.

Agreed, he is easily the second best Earth Skylander, if not the first. Our discussion on my Prism Break thread motivated me to make this thread.

Quote: noco99
@Reaganag, I have seen that same bio, your'e not making it up. Maybe they changed it or something.

I din't mean to come off rude, I just didn't know where you got that from. Maybe the wiki screwd up?

Quote: spyrodadragon
i'm geting him tomarrow he isn't rare here and i finally have some $

Nice! Let me know what you think.

Quote: D-Rex
I put him on the Earthen Avenger path for cosmetic reasons.

I couldn't pass up that Mad Max style armor.

How is he on that path? I have to agree, the armor is pretty awesome.
#14 Posted: 14:25:13 18/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
I seriously love Dino-Rang.

Even at a low level, he's still pretty powerful (IMO).

I agree. I haven't seen anyone who hates, most just think he's good. He really does belong in the "S" Tier.
#15 Posted: 14:27:09 18/07/2012
i have a confession because i'm trying to collect them all if i see say wham shell or warnado i'll get him instead i have a list and he is #3
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#16 Posted: 14:31:43 18/07/2012
I haven't played him yet, but he sounds like he's at spot 4 just above Stealth and below Drobot, Zook, and Ignitor. I can't wait to... One of my most anticipated! But I plan to do him with Double Trouble so he'll need to wait a bit. smilie
a cat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1641
#17 Posted: 17:22:27 18/07/2012
Dino Rang is actually my number 2 Skylander! Hope he is reposed in Giants.
---
GRAND TOTAL SKYLANDERS: 540
#18 Posted: 17:26:22 18/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nibelilt
I haven't played him yet, but he sounds like he's at spot 4 just above Stealth and below Drobot, Zook, and Ignitor. I can't wait to... One of my most anticipated! But I plan to do him with Double Trouble so he'll need to wait a bit. smilie

He was the first one I tried out. Boy, he does not disappoint. I was pleasently surprised how good he was.
#19 Posted: 18:04:37 18/07/2012
first time he's on the portal he pwns a l trigg my bro just bought i wouldn't have bought him if you guys didn't say so everyone that has him in my neiborhood hates but me
---
#20 Posted: 20:08:10 18/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrodadragon
first time he's on the portal he pwns a l trigg my bro just bought i wouldn't have bought him if you guys didn't say so everyone that has him in my neiborhood hates but me

Glad to see you like him!
#21 Posted: 08:24:59 19/07/2012
Upper a tierrrrrr
---
#22 Posted: 12:33:51 19/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Maddoggy
Upper a tierrrrrr

No, he's in the S tier.
#23 Posted: 21:09:13 19/07/2012
Aghhhhh
---
#24 Posted: 21:42:09 19/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Maddoggy
Aghhhhh

What?
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#25 Posted: 17:31:33 23/07/2012
I really think he's S-tier. I'm pretty bad with him, but he still kicks butt.
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#26 Posted: 20:11:17 23/07/2012
Am I the only one who doesn't think Dino-rang belongs in the S-Tier?

Sure, he's good, but I don't see how he can be in a group with Drobot, Double Trouble, and Zook. He's just too slow to get close enough to throw his boomerangs, as they only really work in succession at mid-range. His remote control boomerangs can be difficult to steer, and Dino-rang is vulnerable while controlling it. And if it does hit, it doesn't do much damage compared to other similar moves like Ignitor's flame soul.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#27 Posted: 20:24:46 23/07/2012
^ maybe but he is good a high ranking tier and the second best earth champion (next I terrafin). When people think of top tiers they migh think of cynder drobot zook and stealth elf (who I think is overrated in battle mode) but exept for major fans most don't think of Dino rang as a top tier. However in some cases it depends more on the player then the character. Dino rang is good but with some can even take down the kings and queens of PvP like drobot ignitor an cynder.
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:25:57 23/07/2012 by Madhouse1
#28 Posted: 21:15:29 23/07/2012
The player makes a huge difference, that's for sure. For example, I suck as Ignitor. But that doesn't mean Ignitor is bad.

I just don't see how Dino-rang can compete with damage machines like Drobot.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#29 Posted: 22:32:24 23/07/2012
Because Dino Rang is a complete damage machine himself. He doesn't look as deadly, in terms of numbers, as he actually is, but when an opponent is caught in his boomerang shield attack they take several instances of 40 damage in a very short period of time, meaning absurdly quick KOs up close. From afar, Dino Rang's remote-control boomerang, which does 20~ish, can also hit repeatedly while you remain safely behind a wall. If anyone charges, sand traps can set them up for a near-instakill from a close-range boomerang shield. He also has higher-end HP.

So, we have a character who can fight from the entire screen away with remote-control damage, never placing himself in harm's way at all, who does insane numbers up close with compounding boomerang shield blasts against anyone foolish enough to actually charge him. Dino Rang is amazing because all he has to do is camp out with boomerangs until someone gets reckless and comes close, at which point he piles on the pain. If he couldn't control the boomerang, it would be another story, but his ability to thwart both keep-away and close-range attacks with ease is what puts him in S-tier for me. He's a character with very few weaknesses. Suffers against Ignitor, who's better at remote-control attacking, but that's just one of a huge cast that's guaranteed to give him problems. He stands up well against Cynder and Stealth Elf, manhandles Drobot because of the type advantage, and more or less sweeps the field below that.

I would try inserting him into your top-tier matches and just seeing how he does. He's really an excellent character who belongs with the best in my opinion.
#30 Posted: 07:51:27 24/07/2012
Thanks for the tips, I think I'll test Dino-rang against some of the S-tier characters and see how he does. He'd probably beat Drobot (type advantage) for a start.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:

crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#31 Posted: 07:55:44 24/07/2012
Dino-rang is one of my most powerfull skylanders smilie plus I just like playing as him smilie
#32 Posted: 07:58:06 24/07/2012
I've seen the awesomeness!!!
S tierrrrrrrrrrrrr
He is a beaaast
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#33 Posted: 12:59:28 26/07/2012
Dino-Rang is quite obviously S-Tier from the start. With every upgrade he gets stronger. He has so many ways to attack with such simple actions. He can dish damage out either close or long range with Boomerang Shields. That said, I wish the Boomerangs got bigger with the increased range in Boomerang Shield so they could hit the very small and sneaky minions that come right up to you and just miss it. And I haven't tried him in actual PVP yet. But he's DEFINETLY very promising.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:14 26/07/2012 by Nibelilt
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me