Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Does Skylander toy and PoP have metal? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 20:03:13 16/07/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been wondering about something, if you take your Skylander toys and Portal of Power to the airport, does the metal detector find any metal in any of them? I'm going out of state next week, and I'm planning on playing Skylanders with my cousin.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2 Posted: 21:48:42 16/07/2012
Just do this. Take all of them out of the backpack you will carry them in, show them, they will run it through the scanner thingy that looks through the backpack and they will let you. I went to my cousins in new york last month and I brought all of them and they just had to take em out and see what they were.
---
words. letters. filler.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 23:35:15 16/07/2012
Shouldn't. I've taken multiple games and DS-es through airport security and never had any problem with them.

Depending on what you're taking as your carry-on, you should have the figures in a separate bag clear plastic bag so in the event they do want to look at them, they can easily see them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#4 Posted: 01:32:49 17/07/2012
You can't run them through the scanner, they'll come alive. It's like a real life Portal of Power! smilie

Seriously though, the portal of power has metal in it.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:49 17/07/2012 by czs716
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#5 Posted: 03:51:16 17/07/2012
the rfid chip thats inside the skylanders is made of metal. aluminum i think. i dont think it would go off like crazy on a scanner, but youd probably have to show them what they are.

the portal has a giant metal ring and a bunch of circuitry in it. so would probably have to show that too. like that one guy said, big clear plastic bag with all your skylanders in it.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:53:28 17/07/2012 by exosquad
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me