Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I just have a question... [CLOSED]
noco99 Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#1 Posted: 20:53:00 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Are you supposed to open variants or do you just sell them, and if you do open them, are they the same color in game? I have no variants, but in looking into buying a WERDS smilie.
---
How is Fun Size candy more fun than regular candy if it's less candy?
Write in my Gb or Pm me if you like Minecraft!
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#2 Posted: 20:59:27 10/07/2012
Long story short, it is up to you if you open them but they will lose their resale value if you do.

WERDS are very common so there is little foreseeable difference if you do.

But, no sorry, the variants are not the special colour in-game.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#3 Posted: 21:04:42 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Activision should make variants the same color, that way you at least get SOMETHING different than the original... But, are they lvl 5 when starting out
---
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#4 Posted: 21:08:08 10/07/2012
i know i just bought blue bash today and i'm like WHAT
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#5 Posted: 21:16:57 10/07/2012
Some theorize that the reason they don't look different in-game is that they were not planned during the development process at all, but rather, after production of the figures themselves had already begun. Personally, for how limited the production actually was, I think it would be a waste of developer time to program them, but the theory does make sense. Wait until Giants, and then we'll see what happens.

As for variants, it's up to you. If you're buying it for collection purposes, just keep it in the box. If you want to play with it, open it up. Value does diminish, as chaosworrier has stated, but to some, that doesn't matter. t7gga's collection of opened variants is actually quite cool, so there's some reason to want to.
#6 Posted: 21:24:54 10/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Personally, I think it would be AWESOME to have a clear smilie in game.
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#7 Posted: 04:59:06 11/07/2012
Dev time would have been minimal to provide an alternate skin/colour scheme but, yes, the consensus was that they were thought of after game production/finalisation.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me