Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Best stores for not being guilty of scalper assistance?
Page 1 of 1
Best stores for not being guilty of scalper assistance? [CLOSED]
skyfan Green Sparx Gems: 410
#1 Posted: 02:18:41 07/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Any stores to avoid that stand out as never ever having any of the rare or hard to find ones that seem like scalper hotspots? I've read the posts about people with friends at Walmart that call them and they happily let them go through the boxes. I don't want to get that topic started because it's so frustrating to be a parent trying to find stuff for kids only knowing that some "people" make that impossible by getting them before they hit the shelves. Again, not the topic. My question is this....are any store chains apparently more guilty than others at letting employees get away with this and you should just stay away altogether? I called a Walmart last night and the guy told me there's no way I'd ever find a glow in the dark one because they cost so much on ebay and never show up on the shelves. Interesting he was so open with that.

I guess the best way to ask the question is which stores seem to be the best bet at actually putting stuff on the shelves and giving their honest customers a shot at finding something exciting? I'm sure this one will get plenty of sidebars, but hopefully we can stay at least somewhat on topic. Thanks!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 02:29:05 07/07/2012
I think Gamestop is one that someone mentioned all the stuff they get has already been picked through from corporate (which eludes to their variant bundles) so you can pretty much rule out that completely.

It really all depends on the area. If you're able to check a store as early as possible, then you might get an idea if there are scaplers in your town. If after a while you notice a store doesn't have stuff, you can probably make an inference that either someone is getting them from the back or scalpers are coming in early to get thing.

Although something to keep in mind is that when you don't find something, it doesn't necessarily mean an employee took/hid it or a scalper bought it. A young kid may have just come in before you and bought it!
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
TubSinabs14 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#3 Posted: 05:38:57 07/07/2012
For me it seems to all depend on who works at the store. I've had employees upright admit to getting variants and never even putting them on the shelves. Yet others are good about it because they don't know the value. It depends on what stores you go to, but also when you go (who is working at what time). I had an employee literally take a wham shell off the shelves and hide him in the back with the unstocked legos. Of course I got a manager to go back and get it. She was not happy with her subordinate. smilie Good Luck, I check daily and have found... wait for it... one. Blah
---
37/37 Werds BB GITDsmilie flockedsmilie Sidekicks Wave 1 Wave 2 smilieGranitesmilieGITDsmilie+portal+smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie. Expecting SEXY smilie. NEEEEED smilie
skyfan Green Sparx Gems: 410
#4 Posted: 05:48:52 07/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I realize the young kiddo factor but I've been going to Walmarts at midnight trying to get a "rare" one for my kiddos but it seems like as they are putting them out...the boxes are already opened and nothing ever comes out of them. Guess the obvious is right, just have to hope the right people are working the nights shipments come in. Congrats to everybody who has the rare ones...definitely envious!

I did have one nice kid go in the back at a Walmart the morning red drill sergeant came out and brought my son one. He was soooooo excited. I know there are some good employees still out there. smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:51:33 07/07/2012 by skyfan
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me