Page 1 of 1
*UK News* Skylanders at Lollibop [CLOSED]
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#1 Posted: 10:33:04 02/07/2012 | Topic Creator
First off I'm not certain of this is in the right section as I don't know what will be at the event. It could be SA, it could be Giants, it could have figures - I don't know yet, I just wanted people to know. I will move the thread when I know for certain!

I was listening to the radio the other day and heard that Skylanders are to be at Loillibop. The Lollibop webpage had no information so I contacted them via the Facebook and got no reply.

This morning I rang Lolllibop (0208 365 9695 should you wish to call them too). The girl I got though to at first "hadn't heard of it", until I pushed her for more information. She went off and I got the following information:

• Skylanders ARE at Lollibop
  • They will be at a stand/pitch at all three days
  • It is a newer addition and not on the website yet
  • There will be "games for the children to play"

I wasn't given any other details than that and was told to send an email (which I will do shortly).

Just wanted to spread the word should anyone want to go!
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#2 Posted: 10:43:26 02/07/2012
I wish we could get ANYTHING special for Skylanders down in Oz. My bet's on a Giants demo, or at least a local PVP tourney/playgroup of some sort. Gaming in Australia has always and will always suck compared to everywhere else. smilie
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#3 Posted: 11:12:20 02/07/2012
Thanks for the info, haven't heard of this event before, will check it out.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#4 Posted: 21:51:51 02/07/2012
I have never even heard of Lollibop before.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#5 Posted: 00:30:58 04/07/2012
Ugh, I hope there wont be any exclusive variants there, even though I live in the US..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#6 Posted: 07:16:17 04/07/2012
Why would you hope there wouldn't be any exclusive variants then, Matteo?

In the US, you've had the chance to get the Flocked Stump Smash, which we didn't get, and you also have the red Drill Sergeant, which we don't have yet. So I don't see why you need to complain and wish negatively on other people.

As for this event, I never heard of it, but I think I would look a bit weird going all the way to London for an event for youngins, hahahah.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#7 Posted: 19:05:17 04/07/2012
The reason I don't want any variants is the price. Something you could have got for $8, sells on the internet for about 5x the original price.

Im not wishing negatively on others. I think its fine if there is an exclusive variant for this event..
---
#8 Posted: 21:26:21 04/07/2012
Looking at the pricing of the event, there's no way I'm taking my family. Shame because it looks great, but a min £80 + train fare for two adults and a child; and no picnics allowed...I'm out!
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#9 Posted: 01:56:26 05/07/2012
@Sunny Castanets @Matteomax You have to remember... In Australia there have literally never been the REGULAR variants in most areas. So I don't even have a CHANCE to find Blue Bash. For goodness' sakes, the Toys'R'Us closest to me has never even gotten a LEGENDARY TRIGGER HAPPY! So although I feel your pain somewhat... THANK EON YOU GET ANY! smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 14:18:02 05/07/2012
I actually have a good idea for a variant, Rainbow Whirlwind...
---
#11 Posted: 17:33:50 19/07/2012 | Topic Creator
Just an update with this scan from the Metro Paper today, Skylanders is 100% confirmed! (Sorry about the lopsided scan)
[User Posted Image]
Also a warning to childless Skylander fans, you either have to find one or go with someone else as no lone adults are allowed.

[Rant]I'm old enough to pay for a full set of Skylanders, but too old to attend an event with them @_@[/rant]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:34:15 19/07/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#12 Posted: 21:49:20 19/07/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
Also a warning to childless Skylander fans, you either have to find one or go with someone else as no lone adults are allowed.

[Rant]I'm old enough to pay for a full set of Skylanders, but too old to attend an event with them @_@[/rant]

I think it's probably just a precaution against dirty mac-wearing weirdos with their hands in their pockets... easier to ban all lone adults than to run background checks on everyone.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#13 Posted: 21:52:21 19/07/2012
It's for the best. Kids safety should always be a priority. Just bring a nephew or niece if you don't have kids. If you don't have a niece or nephew bring a neighbor or pay some kid to pretend to be your child for the afternoon.
#14 Posted: 10:01:05 07/08/2012
Slightly more info on the Skylanders aspect:

Quote:
Children will also be able to experience the Skylanders Giants characters for the first time at the show. They can play the Skylanders game on a giant Portal of Power at the show
---
EpicHiro Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#15 Posted: 12:50:12 07/08/2012
I wonder if we'll see any new giants, or at least some gameplay of Hot Head.
#16 Posted: 13:42:35 07/08/2012
Quote: wideawakewesley
Slightly more info on the Skylanders aspect:

Quote:
Children will also be able to experience the Skylanders Giants characters for the first time at the show. They can play the Skylanders game on a giant Portal of Power at the show

On a GIANT Portal??
---
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#17 Posted: 14:10:04 07/08/2012
^I have a lasting image now, of a photo of a kid standing next to one of those giant giants. The look of terror.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#18 Posted: 14:42:10 07/08/2012
Quote: Geekycat
^I have a lasting image now, of a photo of a kid standing next to one of those giant giants. The look of terror.

post pic or it never happen.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#19 Posted: 21:21:12 07/08/2012
And it's unfair that we get sidekicks.. Whatever.

America:
Sidekicks
Yes. We got FSS, WERDS, BB. So what?! They aren't rare or even special.

Australia:
Wham-Shell availability

Uk:
Dark Spyro Single
You get to try out GIANTS!!!!
Earlier release of giants game

Yes. We get the figures first. So what? It was developed in america. So naturally, well get the character first. You all can no longer complain. You've got two more awesome things than us. So from now on, shut the freak up!
/end rant

And yes. This is meant to be rude. You all have been complaining since we found out about sidekicks.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:21:49 07/08/2012 by Dmcrocks
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#20 Posted: 23:16:59 07/08/2012
Quote:

America:
Sidekicks

Australia:
Wham-Shell availability

Uk:
Dark Spyro Single

Yes. We get the figures first. So what? It was developed in america. So naturally, well get the character first. You all can no longer complain. You've got two more awesome things than us. So from now on, shut the freak up!
/end rant

And yes. This is meant to be rude. You all have been complaining since we found out about sidekicks.

You do realise we ALL get to play the game in the end, but we don't get sidekicks?

Screw the early gameplay! I don't get to take that home and add it to my collection.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:40:13 08/08/2012 by Nroc-Nuika
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#21 Posted: 03:28:57 08/08/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks

America:
Sidekicks

Australia:
Wham-Shell availability

Uk:
Dark Spyro Single

/end rant

Australia got NOTHING compared to anyone... Legendary Trigger Happy only JUST became common, variants are near impossible to find, and Wham-Shell's rarity only lasted for a month. Volcanic Vault was also nigh impossible. smilie
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#22 Posted: 04:08:09 08/08/2012
^ this, so much.
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#23 Posted: 08:38:20 08/08/2012
Quote: Dmcrocks

America:
Sidekicks

Australia:
Wham-Shell availability

Uk:
Dark Spyro Single

/end rant

So what if we get to try out the game? It only comes out in october. I'd rather have the sidekicks. And don't start ranting about us getting the dark spyro single. You want it, go by the starter pack. Search it on ebay. And I can understand why you got the figures first, but you got wave 4 before we got wave 3. You get all the special editions, and competitions, and the earlier release for Giants is what? A couple of days. Oooh, scary. We deserve to get the game first, so we can get all the figure we need before we never see a new one until February. Oh, and technically, you can't call us for complaining about sidekicks, considering your complaining about not being able to test the game.

Ranting terminated.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:40:12 08/08/2012 by Geekycat
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#24 Posted: 21:41:47 08/08/2012
You do realize that getting to play it is a big thing right? It's not just something you get to do everyday. How many American and Australian fans are with me?
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
juz Green Sparx Gems: 370
#25 Posted: 13:12:23 09/08/2012
Whamshell availbility in Australia... pfffffffffft! Yeah right. Even find a boomer down here now..all going for whamshell prices...

We pay over the odds for everything in Australia so we have to ship from overseas...

All my legendaries? from US
Whamshell? Just found one in UK

Giants starter pack..money is down relatives will be getting it from UK for my son.

My gpus, my ssds, even my laptop...US

Don't get me started on steam/origin...same distribution cost yet we in OZ pay 30-40% more than EU and US

Will we ever get sidekicks here? Will we flap...

Rant over PS whamshell 9quid at Game.co.uk smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#26 Posted: 20:28:32 09/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Personally I'm not commenting on any of the "who gets what" rants here, I have my own views but I'm not wasting anyone time by posting them here.

Anyway back on topic, it is now official that the event at Lollibop is an extension of Skylanders Arena Tour. Would have been nice if we could have had that information straight up and not the dripple of sparse information.

Should anyone be available the tour is in Birmingham this Saturday (short notice I know, blame the organisers). Some more information can be found over in the thread in the Giants section. Hope to meet a few forum heads there smilie
---
Skorus Green Sparx Gems: 492
#27 Posted: 11:19:18 16/08/2012
do you have to pay for lollibop to go there or can you enter lollibop free and go to skylanders i might go
---
Butt.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#28 Posted: 18:45:53 16/08/2012
Quote: Skorus
do you have to pay for lollibop to go there or can you enter lollibop free and go to skylanders i might go

You have to pay (about £30 pp) and lone adults are NOT allowed in.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me