Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders toy sales “two or three times” Activision’s expectations
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders toy sales “two or three times” Activision’s expectations [CLOSED]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1 Posted: 08:34:08 26/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote:
“We had very high hopes for it, but it far exceeded our expectations as far as how hot it was. As far as toys to software, it was maybe two or three times what we thought it was going to be. It was a lot higher than we anticipated.”

Activision hasn’t ruled out the possibility of taking the franchise trans-media with a movie or TV series, either.

source: http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/2...s-expectations/

Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2 Posted: 12:53:29 26/06/2012
I would be surprised if there isn't a cartoon if Giants is as successful as the original. So many characters to build stories around, and a villain that is already comical. It's almost too easy.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#3 Posted: 18:43:00 26/06/2012
I'm glad the game is doing great. It's always nice to see great ideas become successful. Better then a lot of crap these days.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 21:48:22 26/06/2012
I think I remember hearing about them considering a show or movie in the future. Honestly, a direct to tv movie would be great, or even one direct to dvd/bluray (because then they could include a special figure with it!)

I can't really see a show working well, unless it had really great writers if not the ones who worked on the game. Shows like that always become awful.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#5 Posted: 22:10:30 26/06/2012
Lets get the creators of MLP to write it! YAY!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#6 Posted: 22:21:09 26/06/2012
Quote: AJAwesome

Yes. This. Say what you will about ponies, but that crew knows how to write an animated series. The very fact that we're debating whether or not ponies are awesome in the first place is testament to their skill.
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#7 Posted: 22:56:27 26/06/2012

Ummm...no.

The Skylanders story is written by writers from Pixar who wrote Toy Story. Who could write it better than that?
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#8 Posted: 23:17:25 26/06/2012
Quote: matthewgerber

Ummm...no.

The Skylanders story is written by writers from Pixar who wrote Toy Story. Who could write it better than that?

Pixar wrote Brave. They can't always win.
---
Are you my mummy?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 23:33:53 26/06/2012

Ummm...no.

If they make skylanders: the show...
THEN I WILL LOVE YOU ACTIVISION
mattun Green Sparx Gems: 204
#10 Posted: 00:24:22 27/06/2012
It'll be live action and called BOOM: Flynn's Adventures. Washburn in an animal costume hits on random women and gets rejected.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 00:36:32 27/06/2012
Quote: JuLeDoS

Hurf.
Just because they work at Pixar doesn't mean they've worked on other movies. In fact, it seems they've only worked on (as in, credits for Screenplay) Toy Story and TS2

And woah there trigger. Brave was good. If you wanted to make fun of them, you should have mentioned they worked on BOTH godawful Garfield movies and Daddy Day Camp. *shudders*
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:38:16 27/06/2012 by spyroflame0487
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#12 Posted: 02:13:55 27/06/2012
Quote: JuLeDoS

Ummm...no.

Yes, I saw Brave over the weekend too...definitely NOT my favorite Pixar movie (and I LIKED Cars 2...go ahead, pile on the abuse). But still...Toy Story! TOY STORY! Who doesn't love Toy Story? Show me someone who doesn't love Toy Story and I'll show you someone without a heart!

But then, Garfield? Really? Sigh...
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me