Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 636 of 934 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 634 635 636 637 638 ... 932 933 934
Personal Thoughts [STICKY]
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#31751 Posted: 14:55:52 30/07/2015
Quote: Greeble
Quote: AvatariDragon

A friend?

Quote: MagicFizz

Sorry for your loss. smilie

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/...he-lion-killed/

I saw that.

How can people be so cruel.

Yeah...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#31752 Posted: 14:57:33 30/07/2015

I saw that.

Yeah...

I don't understand why he payed $50,000 to kill the lion. You could buy a brand new Corvette for that price </3
#31753 Posted: 14:58:39 30/07/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

I saw that.

Yeah...

I don't understand why he payed $50,000 to kill the lion. You could buy a brand new Corvette for that price </3

Because he's a disgusting piece of **** smilie
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31754 Posted: 15:00:33 30/07/2015

Yeah...

It's disgusting to even kill a lion. But to pay 50K?
#31755 Posted: 15:01:43 30/07/2015

It's disgusting to even kill a lion. But to pay 50K?

Some people are just sick like that...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#31756 Posted: 17:07:09 30/07/2015
I hate people sometimes.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#31757 Posted: 20:05:20 30/07/2015
Idiots...
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#31758 Posted: 20:55:46 30/07/2015
so like why are people mad about the lion lol
---
words. letters. filler.
#31759 Posted: 21:04:39 30/07/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

Because hunting for sport is disgusting?
Here's an article talking about the incident: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/...he-lion-killed/
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#31760 Posted: 21:08:50 30/07/2015
yeah well zoo animals probably are killed every day, if not, then probably at least monthly. Same as people themselves, wild animals, pets.
The moment a well-known or close one dies, it's a big deal. Not trying to be harsh or anything, but that's how it is.
k25205 Green Sparx Gems: 194
#31761 Posted: 21:08:52 30/07/2015

Here's an article talking about the incident: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/...he-lion-killed/

Hunting for sport is not disgusting. It is a form of entertainment for some people. Just like some people like reading books or playing on the Internet.
---
why am i still here
#31762 Posted: 21:13:04 30/07/2015
Quote: weebbby
yeah well zoo animals probably are killed every day, if not, then probably at least monthly. Same as people themselves, wild animals, pets.
The moment a well-known or close one dies, it's a big deal. Not trying to be harsh or anything, but that's how it is.

Idk if you've noticed, but there are plenty of people who are opposed to zoos too, as well as just hunting in general.

Quote: k25205

Hunting for sport is not disgusting. It is a form of entertainment for some people. Just like some people like reading books or playing on the Internet.

So you think it's okay for someone to think that killing an innocent animal is fun? Are you ****ing serious? With that logic you might as well say that it's okay for serial killers to murder people because they enjoy it.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31763 Posted: 21:13:04 30/07/2015

So, we're pissed because someone enjoys hunting? That's stupid lol.
---
words. letters. filler.
#31764 Posted: 21:14:54 30/07/2015

So, we're pissed because someone enjoys hunting? That's stupid lol.

As I said already, killing something for "fun" is sick. It's one thing to do it for food, but this guy paid all of this money just so he can destroy an innocent life for literally no reason other than to have fun. It's ****ed up.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31765 Posted: 21:16:23 30/07/2015
^I agree.

You should only really be allowed to hunt like squirrels or ****.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#31766 Posted: 21:25:09 30/07/2015
@those like "wawawaAAA that's gross yOre sick": Why do we have to state things like fact? YOU think hunting for game is gross because YOU don't like it.
People like things you don't, big whoop. Please grow up. While I get kinda squeamish around corpses and such and I don't see myself hunting for the hell of it anytime in the future, I can at least stand for the preference of others. May that be a fair warning to anyone here that isn't straight, like half the world thinks you have problems. The animals that should be hunted in my opinion are ones on legal hunting grounds and are registered grounds for game that is on the LC list. Overpopulation is a thing, folks. We don't hunt, ecosystems get obliterated and go out of whack. Please leave your thinking caps on.

This lion getting brutalized was one thing, anyone that is for the kill is wrong by majority, but hunting in general on regulated lands are fine and if you don't like hunting, don't hunt. Easy as that. You will get nowhere wasting your time repulsing over hobbies you dislike.
---
BREATHE AIR.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:27:27 30/07/2015 by ThroneOfMalefor
#31767 Posted: 21:28:15 30/07/2015
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
@those like "wawawaAAA that's gross yOre sick": Why do we have to state things like fact? YOU think hunting for game is gross because YOU don't like it.
People like things you don't, big whoop. Please grow up. While I get kinda squeamish around corpses and such and I don't see myself hunting for the hell of it anytime in the future, I can at least stand for the preference of others. May that be a fair warning to anyone here that isn't straight, like half the world thinks you have problems. The animals that should be hunted in my opinion are ones on legal hunting grounds and are registered grounds for game that is on the LC list. Overpopulation is a thing, folks. We don't hunt, ecosystems get obliterated and go out of whack. Please leave your thinking caps on.

I mean if you think hunting and killing an already endangered species for fun is okay, that's your problem...

Edit: Didn't see that last part. But still, I've already established that doing it for food is fine. But there's no excuse for the others who hunt just because they think it's enjoyable.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:48 30/07/2015 by AvatariDragon
#31768 Posted: 21:30:15 30/07/2015

This lion getting brutalized was one thing, anyone that is for the kill is wrong by majority, but hunting in general on regulated lands are fine and if you don't like hunting, don't hunt. Easy as that. You will get nowhere wasting your time repulsing over hobbies you dislike.

i ****ing love you
---
words. letters. filler.
#31769 Posted: 21:30:28 30/07/2015
Who said anything about killing endangered species? Did you just not read my post?
---
BREATHE AIR.
#31770 Posted: 21:34:21 30/07/2015
Who said anything about killing endangered species? Did you just not read my post?

I've already established that doing it for food is fine. But there's no excuse for the others who hunt just because they think it's enjoyable.

-----
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31771 Posted: 21:37:07 30/07/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75

Hunting common animals, such as deer and pheasants, is perfectly fine.

However, hunting a lion is not alright whatsoever. Lions are endangered for a reason.

And I'm alright with hunting so long as:
You intend on eating the animal(s) you kill.
The animal you're hunting for isn't endangered. (As in if the animal is considered Least Concern on the Conservation Status, go for it - Anything below is a big no no)
The animal is not residing on protected grounds.
If the specific animal you're hunting has too high of a population to where in endangers the ecosystem it lives in.
If the animal doesn't belong in the ecosystem its currently residing in. (i.e Pythons in Florida)

Also, that analogy doesn't really work because reading and going on the internet doesn't kill anyone or anything, for that matter.

Why'd you edit that 7 times?
#31772 Posted: 21:38:32 30/07/2015
You did not read anything past the first sentence, I'm firmly sure about that now. Do you want our ecosystem to spiral out of control? People also hunt for stability of life.

edit: check em
---
BREATHE AIR.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:15 30/07/2015 by ThroneOfMalefor
#31773 Posted: 21:44:04 30/07/2015
Good ahead and hate on me all you want. But I will stand by what I said. He paid money for a clean business. To my knowledge, this man broke no laws. The world cannot change because you don't approve of something. My family regularly hunts. Yes. We always use the meat. But the reason they go out for hunting is not for the meat, but for the fun. They are good people and don't wasted the meat. I won't stand by hunters who break laws in order to hunt. But if they follow all laws. I will stand by them.
---
why am i still here
#31774 Posted: 21:46:24 30/07/2015
You did not read anything past the first sentence, I'm firmly sure about that now. Do you want our ecosystem to spiral out of control? People also hunt for stability of life.

No I read it and I get what you're saying, but we aren't talking about a deer or anything, we're talking about a lion. Lions are killed all the time, and it's not for food either. The way things keep going, lions and other animals will be nearly extinct before long. I don't know if you know this, but certain animals going extinct can cause a problem for the ecosystem too. And Cecil's death just shows how hunting is still an issue.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31775 Posted: 21:48:57 30/07/2015
Why'd you edit that 7 times?

1. Is that relevant at all to the discussion at hand?
2. Because perhaps I wanted to make sure that I got all of my thoughts out in an orderly manner?

1. No. Comments don't need to be relevant to the discussion at hand.
2. Then do it in one or two edits?
#31776 Posted: 21:52:29 30/07/2015

No I read it and I get what you're saying, but we aren't talking about a deer or anything, we're talking about a lion. Lions are killed all the time, and it's not for food either. The way things keep going, lions and other animals will be nearly extinct before long. I don't know if you know this, but certain animals going extinct can cause a problem for the ecosystem too. And Cecil's death just shows how hunting is still an issue.

I specifically stated killing only animals on the least concern list and on legal grounds with rightful permission can be subject to game. I also very strongly asserted that I am against Cecil's hunter's aforementioned actions. Just before, you stated killing any animal because it's 'innocent' to some degree is horrible no matter the circumstances and I set that straight.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#31777 Posted: 21:54:38 30/07/2015

ooooookay literally read the rules and come back to me and revisit the statement, also topics are called topics because you discuss the topic at hand
---
BREATHE AIR.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#31778 Posted: 21:55:06 30/07/2015
Well this topic blew up fast.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#31779 Posted: 21:55:31 30/07/2015

I specifically stated killing only animals on the least concern list and on legal grounds with rightful permission can be subject to game. I also very strongly asserted that I am against Cecil's hunter's aforementioned actions. Just before, you stated killing any animal because it's 'innocent' to some degree is horrible no matter the circumstances and I set that straight.

I see.

I said that it's horrible if the animal is killed for fun. I've already said like three times now that doing it for food is alright. I mean tbh I still feel bad for the animal, but we do what we must to survive.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31780 Posted: 21:57:02 30/07/2015

ooooookay literally read the rules and come back to me and revisit the statement, also topics are called topics because you discuss the topic at hand

No one on this 43 page topic stuck to the topic at hand and no mod has done anything about it.
#31781 Posted: 22:01:18 30/07/2015
Good ahead and hate on me all you want. But I will stand by what I said. He paid money for a clean business. To my knowledge, this man broke no laws. The world cannot change because you don't approve of something. My family regularly hunts. Yes. We always use the meat. But the reason they go out for hunting is not for the meat, but for the fun. They are good people and don't wasted the meat. I won't stand by hunters who break laws in order to hunt. But if they follow all laws. I will stand by them.

If you understood anything about the subject, you would know that lions are protected animals and therefore what this man did was illegal.

This man paid that much money to those men to insure he wasn't breaking any laws. He trusted them to guide Him so He would not break any laws. Therefore. This man should not be hated nor punished for something he didn't realize was wrong. He was mislead. And yes. Sometimes killing lions is legal and okay. It is very hard to do in today's world. But it's stil legal sometimes.
---
why am i still here
#31782 Posted: 22:01:54 30/07/2015

No one on this 43 page topic stuck to the topic at hand and no mod has done anything about it.

"They did something wrong so it makes it more right!" Also, this IS Stuff and Nonsense. That thread had no particular offending content or consistent topic. In a serious topic (quite like this one) where feedback is needed, you are expected to make a worthwhile contribution. Your contribution? There was none.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#31783 Posted: 22:02:35 30/07/2015

If you understood anything about the subject, you would know that lions are protected animals and therefore what this man did was illegal.

This man paid that much money to those men to insure he wasn't breaking any laws. He trusted them to guide Him so He would not break any laws. Therefore. This man should not be hated nor punished for something he didn't realize was wrong. He was mislead. And yes. Sometimes killing lions is legal and okay. It is very hard to do in today's world. But it's stil legal sometimes.

Even if it was legal, that doesn't make it okay to do something like that tbh
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31784 Posted: 22:06:41 30/07/2015

I see.

I said that it's horrible if the animal is killed for fun. I've already said like three times now that doing it for food is alright. I mean tbh I still feel bad for the animal, but we do what we must to survive.

Agreed, to some extent. I'm not a killer myself. But we still have some reason to ensue regulated population control. Glad we could make ends meet, it's the heat of the moment getting to us.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#31785 Posted: 22:09:14 30/07/2015

I see.

Agreed, to some extent. I'm not a killer myself. But we still have some reason to ensue regulated population control. Glad we could make ends meet, it's the heat of the moment getting to us.

It depends on the animal imo, but yes I agree.
And mmhmm, yes.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31786 Posted: 22:12:11 30/07/2015

"They did something wrong so it makes it more right!" Also, this IS Stuff and Nonsense. That thread had no particular offending content or consistent topic. In a serious topic (quite like this one) where feedback is needed, you are expected to make a worthwhile contribution. Your contribution? There was none.

Then why are you making a big deal about it? Just ignore it and move on.
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#31787 Posted: 22:13:47 30/07/2015

But he did break laws. To quote Zimbabwe National Parks, “In this case, both the professional hunter and land owner had no permit or quota to justify the offtake of the lion and therefore are liable for the illegal hunt." (source)
Zimbabwe Conversation Task Force has also confirmed the hunt was illegal.

This man killed the lion for the sole purpose of taking a trophy. He took the lion's head and skin and left the rest to rot. That is wasteful, not to mention the underhanded baiting he and his guides used to purposefully lead the lion off protected grounds.

Also, as one of the sources pointed out, he has been in trouble for manipulating a hunt before in an attempt to make an illegal hunt appear legal. A perfect example is when he hunted a bear, killed it outside of his legally allowed range, and then dragged it back in the range in order to register it. He said he was misled on this one and didn't realize it was wrong. Given his past, I'd say he knew damn well what he was doing.
#31788 Posted: 22:14:23 30/07/2015

Please just go, you are making absolutely no sense right now.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#31789 Posted: 22:16:16 30/07/2015

Please just go, you are making absolutely no sense right now.

lolkden
#31790 Posted: 22:23:06 30/07/2015

My family hunts regularly. I have an uncle with 11 children. And that's a lot of mouths to feed. Hunting is a cheap, and a way he enjoys, to get meat for his family to eat. He's not a blood thirsty criminal. He enjoys spending the day up in a tree with his sons. Waiting. Talking. Sharing stories. It's a way his family bonds. When you hunt. You try and make the kill as painless as possible. But honestly. Those animals were put on earth to be eaten. Whatever God you believe in but then here for us. Criticizing someone's lifestyle is not a good thing to do. I'm assuming you've been raised in a city all your life. Because out here in hickville USA. hunting brings people together. It bonds people. A group of guys go out hunting. Bring the animal back. Butcher it. And then the women cook it. We then all gather around the fire as it cools and shares stories. My stepdad tell how his bro almost fell out of the tree because a squirrel scared him.

Hunting is something some people enjoy. Get over it. It's a way some people provide food for their family. I am not defending illegal hunting. I am defend hunting for sport and legal hunting.
---
why am i still here
#31791 Posted: 22:39:25 30/07/2015

My family hunts regularly. I have an uncle with 11 children. And that's a lot of mouths to feed. Hunting is a cheap, and a way he enjoys, to get meat for his family to eat. He's not a blood thirsty criminal. He enjoys spending the day up in a tree with his sons. Waiting. Talking. Sharing stories. It's a way his family bonds. When you hunt. You try and make the kill as painless as possible. But honestly. Those animals were put on earth to be eaten. Whatever God you believe in but then here for us. Criticizing someone's lifestyle is not a good thing to do. I'm assuming you've been raised in a city all your life. Because out here in hickville USA. hunting brings people together. It bonds people. A group of guys go out hunting. Bring the animal back. Butcher it. And then the women cook it. We then all gather around the fire as it cools and shares stories. My stepdad tell how his bro almost fell out of the tree because a squirrel scared him.

Hunting is something some people enjoy. Get over it. It's a way some people provide food for their family. I am not defending illegal hunting. I am defend hunting for sport and legal hunting.

You still don't seem to get my point, but okay.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#31792 Posted: 22:55:35 30/07/2015

You still don't seem to get my point, but okay.

I'm sorry. But I believed I got your point. I was just adding more to my defense.

My apologies again for offending you in any way.
---
why am i still here
#31793 Posted: 22:58:12 30/07/2015
And then the women cook it.

Is this the 1930's?

One thing I forgot to mention. My family is extremely sexist. I am biologically female so I know what I'm talking about. My family follow a lot of those old fashioned gender roles. I'm not saying I agree. It's just what they do.
---
why am i still here
First | Previous | Page 636 of 934 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 634 635 636 637 638 ... 932 933 934

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me