Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > All Red drill Sergeant Wal-mart Exclusive?
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
All Red drill Sergeant Wal-mart Exclusive? [CLOSED]
bplayak Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 21:02:10 18/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Just saw this on ebay? Is this legit? I've seen no information of this variant anywhere.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item2ebf5647c0
---
37/37 + 18/18 Single Variants 6/6 triple pack variants + 2/2 store exclusives. Maximum Clubs Director at x360a
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#2 Posted: 21:07:53 18/06/2012
Interesting... It looks sealed so it could be legit but you're right... it's pretty uncommon to even see a Walmart Exclusive so I don't know...
---
Are you my mummy?
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#3 Posted: 21:09:56 18/06/2012
Hmmmmm thats strange, I don't ever recall seeing anything about such a variant anywhere myself. Looks cool but I would have to guess this isn't legit, if it is, none of us have surely heard of it before. (At least I don't think) :/
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#4 Posted: 21:10:12 18/06/2012
WAH!!!!!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#5 Posted: 21:13:15 18/06/2012
Hmmmm we should just wait until other people get him to be sure.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#6 Posted: 21:14:11 18/06/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
Hmmmm we should just wait until other people get him to be sure.

It's a Walmart Exclusive, which are no longer being produced. Other people won't be getting him.
---
Are you my mummy?
#7 Posted: 21:19:03 18/06/2012
But this red variant just got released (that is, if its legit) in the mean time, ill just wait until somebody gets a hold of red drillie to see if it is legit, you think they made 1?
---
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#8 Posted: 21:22:00 18/06/2012
How would they make something like that though? I mean, making a painted custom, yea. But a clear one like blue Bash?
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
#9 Posted: 21:24:43 18/06/2012
And the package looks competely unopened. And it's a out of print Walmart Exclusive. I want to believe that this is just some sort of factory error rather than a variant.
---
Are you my mummy?
#10 Posted: 21:31:18 18/06/2012
Oh, ok but still wouldnt more people have it though if it was real? Its strange that one person has it
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 21:31:55 18/06/2012
It's a little fishy that we've never seen one before this, so it can't be one of the old exclusives. Maybe TRU and Walmart are getting new variants in, allowing them to sort of have some sort of draw. (Especially since TRU gets the Legendaries and that Blue Bash)

Hah. Watch a Green Whirlwind variant pop up in the next few weeks.

I'd highly doubt someone would be able to pull of a fake of that sort; if it was painted, sure. But clear plastic? Unless someone was super good and faking things maybe. I'd say we should keep an eye on it until we see more go up for sale.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:33:18 18/06/2012 by spyroflame0487
#12 Posted: 21:34:19 18/06/2012
I would like a green whirly but if its a target exlusive.....

Americans: 4, Canada: 0
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#13 Posted: 21:51:09 18/06/2012
This is clearly legit. There's no faking translucent red. Sorry, skeptics.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#14 Posted: 22:07:05 18/06/2012
It looks real. I'm not getting it though.
Tempest Yellow Sparx Gems: 1807
#15 Posted: 22:08:53 18/06/2012
As far as I know, this is legit. For the sake of my curiousity, I think I'm gonna go for it. Even if it's custom, it's very cool looking. So if I win, I'll be sure to post pics and whether it's real or not.
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#16 Posted: 22:09:07 18/06/2012
im geeting it
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
#17 Posted: 22:09:40 18/06/2012
I'll go pick one up for sure. Walmart sells a dollar cheaper than other places as it is, they're practically on every corner, and if this is anything like Blue Bash, it shouldn't be such a tough find. Good going on this one, Walmart. An accessible variant, at last, and hopefully accompanied by another Target Whirlwind.
#18 Posted: 22:10:50 18/06/2012
And the search is on.
---
#19 Posted: 22:12:21 18/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Something tells me I should have waited until this auction was over and tried to win it before I posted it here, lol. smilie
---
37/37 + 18/18 Single Variants 6/6 triple pack variants + 2/2 store exclusives. Maximum Clubs Director at x360a
#20 Posted: 22:32:03 18/06/2012
Who do you think will get red drillie first in this forum?
---
#21 Posted: 22:34:13 18/06/2012
Judging by the location of the auction, they're filtering in from the West Coast as usual. Cali posters, GM78, and t7gga will probably have them first. Although, since this isn't the same thing as the typical rare variants, it's really anyone's game. They should be getting enough for everyone, considering that they seem to be using it as some kind of a promotion.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#22 Posted: 22:38:01 18/06/2012
Time to check Walmart
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#23 Posted: 22:39:31 18/06/2012
[User Posted Image]

That package has been opened. Bottom picture and left are taken from the Walmart site of the normal figure.

ShaneG.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:15 18/06/2012 by Plaag
#24 Posted: 22:42:26 18/06/2012
I don't see where on the all red one it was opened though?
---
#25 Posted: 22:42:33 18/06/2012
^ But what's inside of it, is not forge-able. There should not be any debate as to the authenticity of this. I defy anyone to say that's paint and not clear plastic.
#26 Posted: 22:43:00 18/06/2012
Don'tcha think its a bit odd that suddenly thers a Buy it Now price of 100 dollars on it?
Suddenly there seems to be ALOT of interest and BOOM buy it now price.....maybe I'm wrong or being too untrusting but I suspect the "New member" who posted this could very well be the seller of this item...

Anyone else think this? Or am I just reading too much into it? LOL.

It does look legit in a way though, I mean I'd like to have it myself, but would rather wait to see if they pop up in the stores first...looks like I'll be sending my husband on the lookout (Walmart Employee)....we all could stand to see some affordable/easy to obtain variants thats for sure smilie
---
#27 Posted: 22:48:00 18/06/2012
Quote: Dunkin
Don'tcha think its a bit odd that suddenly thers a Buy it Now price of 100 dollars on it?
Suddenly there seems to be ALOT of interest and BOOM buy it now price.....maybe I'm wrong or being too untrusting but I suspect the "New member" who posted this could very well be the seller of this item...

Anyone else think this? Or am I just reading too much into it? LOL.

It does look legit in a way though, I mean I'd like to have it myself, but would rather wait to see if they pop up in the stores first...looks like I'll be sending my husband on the lookout (Walmart Employee)....we all could stand to see some affordable/easy to obtain variants thats for sure smilie

I think that's a realistic possibility. S/He probably created the account to promote the auction. Because as soon as we started talking about it being legit, there's a high but it now price. Once I see pictures of the same red variant from another user, opened, or I see it in stores, then I'll believe it.
#28 Posted: 22:51:35 18/06/2012
To me, it's a matter of plausibility.

Is it more plausible to think that this is a legit variant, released by complete surprise? Keep in mind that about half of the waves of actual figures were released by complete surprise, so there is nothing unusual about this. Camo, Warnado, L. Trigger Happy, Wham-Shell, Hex, Dino Rang and Wrecking Ball were released with absolutely no notice whatsoever; just like this, they suddenly appeared on eBay one afternoon, and just like this, half the forum thought their origins were dubious. In time, it was revealed that Activision really had ninja'd them into stores without so much as a press release, and that was that.

Or, is it more plausible to think that someone out there is molding their own Skylanders? Because that's what this would have to be--a mold. The auctioneer would literally have to be printing figures at home, and identical ones to the actual sculpts at that, because this is translucent red plastic, similar to Blue Bash in consistency. Not only would the individual have to be printing figures at home, but something would have prompted them to pick, of all things, a Walmart-exclusive Drill Sergeant? Wouldn't you think they'd have better luck selling a translucent green Camo or something?

To me, the only answer that makes sense is that a new, exclusive variant has just been ninja'd onto store shelves, and that they will be all over the place before we know it. Instead of maintaining arbitrary skepticism, I would advise checking Walmart.
#29 Posted: 22:52:40 18/06/2012
i saw one going for $30 dollars.

i'll check walmart tomarrow.
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#30 Posted: 22:54:49 18/06/2012
It would be in a Walmart ad..The Blue Bash from TRU was in its ad (twice now)..Walmart would not be doing this limited run without advertising something.

ShaneG.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:55:58 18/06/2012 by Plaag
#31 Posted: 22:55:58 18/06/2012
Well, someone just bought it, so let's hope he's a member of the forums, and that they'll post pics.
#32 Posted: 22:56:49 18/06/2012
They could be doing it this Sunday. Or the one after. Someone probably just got it out of a new shipment.
If not, they don't necessarily have to be doing it exactly like Blue Bash. They could still be Walmart exclusives just in a really small number and under the radar.
---
#33 Posted: 22:57:06 18/06/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
i saw one going for $30 dollars.

i'll check walmart tomarrow.

Same one. It appears as if the seller raised it to $100 as a buy it now and someone bought it.
---
Are you my mummy?
#34 Posted: 22:58:15 18/06/2012
Who's to say it won't be in this Sunday's? There are always stores that just stick things on shelves when they arrive. In April, several TRUs had Dragon's Peak, Zook and Rod out several days prior to the actual promotion. Some threw Blue Bash on the shelves early too. I agree with you, but to me, all that implies is that it wasn't supposed to come out today, not that it isn't real.
#35 Posted: 22:59:06 18/06/2012
Quote: Tashiji

Is it more plausible to think that this is a legit variant, released by complete surprise? Keep in mind that about half of the waves of actual figures were released by complete surprise, so there is nothing unusual about this. Camo, Warnado, L. Trigger Happy, Wham-Shell, Hex, Dino Rang and Wrecking Ball were released with absolutely no notice whatsoever; just like this, they suddenly appeared on eBay one afternoon, and just like this, half the forum thought their origins were dubious. In time, it was revealed that Activision really had ninja'd them into stores without so much as a press release, and that was that.

Or, is it more plausible to think that someone out there is molding their own Skylanders? Because that's what this would have to be--a mold. The auctioneer would literally have to be printing figures at home, and identical ones to the actual sculpts at that, because this is translucent red plastic, similar to Blue Bash in consistency. Not only would the individual have to be printing figures at home, but something would have prompted them to pick, of all things, a Walmart-exclusive Drill Sergeant? Wouldn't you think they'd have better luck selling a translucent green Camo or something?

To me, the only answer that makes sense is that a new, exclusive variant has just been ninja'd onto store shelves, and that they will be all over the place before we know it. Instead of maintaining arbitrary skepticism, I would advise checking Walmart.

There is no way someone had their hands on a smilie mold. even if they did, they wouldn't have the plactic. THIS IS LEGIT.
AND GM78 NEEDS 5.
#36 Posted: 23:01:34 18/06/2012
Seeing as the package still has the plastic wrapping on top of it, it seems like an employee just bought it straight out of the box and then put it on ebay.
---
Are you my mummy?
#37 Posted: 23:03:23 18/06/2012
It also said the seller had it in CA.

guess where i live. smilie

it's smilie time....

YEAH-POW!
#38 Posted: 23:04:33 18/06/2012
Quote: Tashiji

Oh yes, I mean I believe you that this very well could be a real deal.
I just spoke to my husband (Who is at work as we speak) and told him about it, he says he knows squat about it, but will keep his eyes pealed for them.
That is the best we can all do for now is just keep a lookout ourselves. And hope that this isn't a hoax, but in fact, real. He looks pretty boss too so I'm rooting for it being authentic.

And apparently this item is now bought...wow that was fast smilie Someone really wanted that thing.
---
isuckathalo1 Red Sparx Gems: 35
#39 Posted: 23:06:39 18/06/2012
???aww someone just bought it smilie wonder if we will see more of them
---
I OWN smilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Want Metallic smilie
#40 Posted: 23:06:51 18/06/2012
I hope it was GM78! I know he wouldn't buy it without confimration about it being real, but I love seeing him update his Skylander vault! smilie
#41 Posted: 23:08:45 18/06/2012
Quote: isuckathalo1
???aww someone just bought it smilie wonder if we will see more of them

We will.

I'm gonna check some Wal-Marts soon.

And i will keep my eyes peeled for this guy.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#42 Posted: 23:10:24 18/06/2012
It is not impossible to create a fake translucent Skylander. You would need some mad mold-making and resin skills.

This is just an assumption: I would be hopeful and say that they are trying to make variants "accessible" to normal folk by making a few of them store exclusives (in addition to the normal ones each wave). Much like how Target/Walmart had one two pegs of just Whirlwind/Drill Sargent (before the craze), we can hope to see Walmart get a full box of these Drill Sargents.
This would be a smart move - to release a special version after the initial hype of the game, to draw in the collector to buy another one, or anyone else who needs a little push into buying a character they didn't buy before.

But of course, they also might repeat the blue Bash fiasco...
---
#all Spyros are valid
#43 Posted: 23:13:07 18/06/2012
Blue Bash was only such a fiasco because Toys R Us are relatively scarce, at least in comparison to Walmart. I have six Walmarts in the same geographic area as one TRU, and many people don't even have any near them at all. Due to the oversaturation of the store making the promotion, we have better chances.
#44 Posted: 23:14:19 18/06/2012
Well, speaking of Blue Bash, there were 3 possible colors for blue bash.

Blue (chosen)
Red (scrapped)
Green (scrapped)

But this is red... translucent red.

i hope they make a translucent green zook.

plus the blue bash voting stated it would be a color for a LINE...
#45 Posted: 23:21:21 18/06/2012 | Topic Creator
@Dunkin Yes definitely too mistrusting!LOL. If I had found that it would be in my collection as I started collecting the variants myself. I think that seller should pay me commission for mentioning it lol. I've just been lurking for awhile and decided to join. I'm from the staff over at x360a(The largest xbox achievement site on the net smilie and just happen to love all things skylanders and really like this community!!!
---
#46 Posted: 23:24:15 18/06/2012
Quote: bplayak
@Dunkin Yes definitely too mistrusting!LOL. If I had found that it would be in my collection as I started collecting the variants myself. I think that seller should pay me commission for mentioning it lol. I've just been lurking for awhile and decided to join. I'm from the staff over at x360a(The largest xbox achievement site on the net smilie and just happen to love all things skylanders and really like this community!!!

Ahhh I see, lol well my apologies smilie Thanks for bringing it up anyways, my husband (Who also happens to be a skylanders fan, who works at the walmart) is now on the lookout for one for our collection as we speak smilie

And totally since it sold for 100 bucks within minutes....
---
#47 Posted: 23:27:31 18/06/2012
Quote: Dunkin
Quote: bplayak

Ahhh I see, lol well my apologies smilie Thanks for bringing it up anyways, my husband (Who also happens to be a skylanders fan, who works at the walmart) is now on the lookout for one for our collection as we speak smilie

And totally since it sold for 100 bucks within minutes....

TIME FOR A HUNT!
#48 Posted: 23:29:27 18/06/2012
^ I second that motion for sure...I wish everyone here luck finding one for their collections.
---
#49 Posted: 23:34:25 18/06/2012
Alas, i am a spectator at this wonderful sport known as variant collecting. I have a big feeling that smilie here is an American exlusive.

Americans: 4, Canada: 0
---
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me