Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Skylanders Sidekicks Out Tomorrow [CLOSED]
SkyDude Blue Sparx Gems: 621
#1 Posted: 00:36:08 18/06/2012 | Topic Creator
The skylanders sidekicks come out tomorrow
---
Join my Granite Crusher Fan Club tryin to get at least 50 members //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=61597
matrix Yellow Sparx Gems: 1441
#2 Posted: 00:40:07 18/06/2012
Not very related to skylanders giants, could you move this?
---
I like Skylanders...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 01:39:59 18/06/2012
Nope, we were looking at the wrong date. The Sidekicks promo doesn't start till July.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 01:42:34 18/06/2012
No... Sidekicks has been confirmed for June.
#5 Posted: 01:50:07 18/06/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
No... Sidekicks has been confirmed for June.

Source? The sell sheets we saw (giving the dates and things) has June 18th on it. Except, that's for some new chip flavors. The actual Sidekicks promotion isn't mentioned until farther down the sheet, and claims July 9th is when "Wave 1" will be out on store shelves.

Unless it was confirmed somewhere else?
---
#6 Posted: 02:03:36 18/06/2012
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rumor/29949
http://gamegravy.com/2012/04/2...ut-in-junejuly/
http://fusible.com/2012/04/act...action-figures/

Plus, it ends on July 13th. If it starts on the 9th, then why would acti give us only 4 days?
TubSinabs14 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#7 Posted: 05:21:32 18/06/2012
ZapNorris, hate to say but Spyro's got it right. Your first two sources are from back in April, also one has the word "rumor" in the title. The third source has the sheet in it and like spyro described clearly states the "Skylander" Promo starts July 9th for wave one.

Here this is a direct link from your third source, check halfway down the page under the "Skylander" section.
---
37/37 Werds BB GITDsmilie flockedsmilie Sidekicks Wave 1 Wave 2 smilieGranitesmilieGITDsmilie+portal+smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie. Expecting SEXY smilie. NEEEEED smilie
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#8 Posted: 05:59:17 18/06/2012
^ Where is the July 9th date located on that link you provided? Everything says "Date Not Available". There's something that says, "New application will be assigned to an examining attorney approximately 3 months after filing date." The filing date is listed as April 18th so three months from then is July 18th so is this the date for Sidekicks or is this a date for something else?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#9 Posted: 12:53:57 18/06/2012
Quote: TubSinabs14
ZapNorris, hate to say but Spyro's got it right. Your first two sources are from back in April, also one has the word "rumor" in the title. The third source has the sheet in it and like spyro described clearly states the "Skylander" Promo starts July 9th for wave one.

Here this is a direct link from your third source, check halfway down the page under the "Skylander" section.

Oh. I guess I'll just have to go to albertsons and see.
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#10 Posted: 13:31:57 18/06/2012
Quote:
MP BTS Skylanders KO’s Program

In-Store Timing:

4 Waves of KO’s:
Wave 1 - July 9th, 2012 (P7W4)
Wave 2 - July 23rd, 2012 (P8W2)
Wave 3 - August 6th, 2012 (P8W4)
Wave 4 - August 20th. 2012 (P9W2)

Event Description:

Partnering Skylanders and MP to deliver exclusive Skylanders consumer offer

$6.15 Classic Mix 20ct

$6.15 Flavor Mix 20ct

Merchandising Solutions:

Thematic KO’s

Launch Details

Reasons for Success

Consumer Insight:

Target Consumer is shopper mom with kids
Mom’s “new year” begins with Back to School and her activities and energy at this time are focused on helping her kids start off the school year strong
Back to School is a major shopping occasion, with estimated average HH spending of $603 during the 2011 BTS timeframe*

Business Insight:

Frito-Lay’s Classic and Flavor 20ct Variety Packs are the number one and two (respectively) selling multipacks during the back to school season.**
Frito-Lay’s Classic and Flavor 20ct Variety Packs turn at least 33% faster during the Back to School time period.**
Frito-Lay’s Multipacks bring in more than $215MM nationally during the Back to School time period.**

Support for Success

Merchandised through KO’s
Consumer offer will allow consumers to redeem a free Skylanders sidekick character with purchase.

Frito-Lay North America, Inc. © 2012

Creative Not Final

*National Retail Federation’s 2011 Back-to-School Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey, conducted for NRF by BIGresearch,

**IRI Liquid Data, Total US GDMx, July 31st – Sept 18, 2011, Frito-Lay Business Objects 2011 Dollar Sales

Featured Brands

KO Merchandising

BP# 20474 – 0, 1, 2 ,3

(972-334-5601)

KSS Opens Feb 27(P3W1) and Closes March 23 (P3W4)

Executional Summary

Frito-Lay North America, Inc. © 2012,

© 2012 Activision Publishing, Inc. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure is a trademark and Spyro and Activision are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved

Skylanders Insights:

Skylanders video game launched in Fall 2011 by Activision
Media campaign generated over 230MM impressions
Major sponsorships with ABC Family, Disney, Nickelodeon & Cartoon Network
Was voted the #1 Kids Game of 2011 by the NPD Group (a leader in consumer and retail market research)
Nominated for Game of the Year and Innovative Toy of the Year at the Toy Industry Awards

Creative Not Final

Creative Not Final

FL Multipack BTS with Skylanders

Products Included in Program

Classic Mix 20ct and Flavor Mix 20ct

Promotion

Knockout Merchandise Support

KO’s offered across 4 standard waves during BTS time period

NCP Lobby Integration

Offer communicated via Lobby/Perimeter kit

Free Sidekick Character – Exclusive to FL, Not distributed or sold anywhere else in the market

Packaging will highlight partnership with Skylanders which will be a recognizable property for Shopper Mom – packaging will communicate exclusive offer directed to Shopper Mom.

Back to School in stores' set ups wont be happening until the beginning of July - sorry kids, you haven't been on Summer vacation long and already you'll be reminded of going back to school. So this Frito Lay plan works.

ShaneG.
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#11 Posted: 14:16:31 18/06/2012
faun is reading a book which details the kind of marketing being done here. while faun is excited by the prospect of skylanders sidekicks (whisper elf, hooray!) it is still very eerie to see just how much marketers know and can predict about their customers.

semantics aside, are there any details on how these sidekicks will be obtained (besides the obvious: with chips)?
#12 Posted: 16:22:52 18/06/2012
Quote: faunatic
faun is reading a book which details the kind of marketing being done here. while faun is excited by the prospect of skylanders sidekicks (whisper elf, hooray!) it is still very eerie to see just how much marketers know and can predict about their customers.

semantics aside, are there any details on how these sidekicks will be obtained (besides the obvious: with chips)?

Either you will get the sidekick in the chip bag, have a code, ore just get it VIA Proof of Purchase.
#13 Posted: 16:56:19 18/06/2012
Plaag, where did you find that information? It looks like the figures could be in the actual chip bags and not a code. This would save them the time and money of shipping them out to everyone.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

PurpleRupee Red Sparx Gems: 44
#14 Posted: 17:20:16 18/06/2012
kids should go back to school earlier that way we could have our sidekick promotion start earlier :-)
#15 Posted: 18:26:50 18/06/2012
What Plaag quote d is from the sell sheet on the original link we found. (I think it's in Dark's post about it on the front page here)

If I'm looking at the dates right, it seems each figure will have about 2 weeks of release.

I REALLY hope they have them at all stores and not just Acme/Albertsons/whatever. Walmart would be perfect for this, but Target sells these chips too. I'm leaning more towards them being in the actual bags, which goes to that one pic posted on the regular Skylanders area that blogger took. It has the Chrome Spyro along with the Sidekicks, all in little baggies.

That'd save them from having to ship all the prizes out, and people sending in things at the wrong time, etc.
---
#16 Posted: 18:29:29 18/06/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
What Plaag quote d is from the sell sheet on the original link we found. (I think it's in Dark's post about it on the front page here)

If I'm looking at the dates right, it seems each figure will have about 2 weeks of release.

I REALLY hope they have them at all stores and not just Acme/Albertsons/whatever. Walmart would be perfect for this, but Target sells these chips too. I'm leaning more towards them being in the actual bags, which goes to that one pic posted on the regular Skylanders area that blogger took. It has the Chrome Spyro along with the Sidekicks, all in little baggies.

That'd save them from having to ship all the prizes out, and people sending in things at the wrong time, etc.

so, is it today or the 9th?
#17 Posted: 18:54:56 18/06/2012
^ The 9th is when the first character/wave of the Sidekicks will be released.

Edit: Thanks Spyroflame for the info.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:55:39 18/06/2012 by OpalOsprey
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#18 Posted: 19:56:57 18/06/2012
what the waves is there going to be more
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#19 Posted: 20:42:30 18/06/2012
Sad, i emailed frito lay and they said:
Only for USA!

This is an outrage! Why?!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
TubSinabs14 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#20 Posted: 20:43:18 18/06/2012
Quote: Cynder Lover25

There will be four waves, one for each character.
---
37/37 Werds BB GITDsmilie flockedsmilie Sidekicks Wave 1 Wave 2 smilieGranitesmilieGITDsmilie+portal+smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie. Expecting SEXY smilie. NEEEEED smilie
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#21 Posted: 20:44:40 18/06/2012
Quote: TubSinabs14
Quote: Cynder Lover25

There will be four waves, one for each character.

oh okay thanks smilie
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
SkyDude Blue Sparx Gems: 621
#22 Posted: 20:47:06 18/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: matrix

Does it really matter smilie
---
Join my Granite Crusher Fan Club tryin to get at least 50 members //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=61597
#23 Posted: 22:27:06 18/06/2012
Quote: SkyDude
Quote: matrix

Does it really matter smilie

It KINDA fits because they will Still work in giants
---
#24 Posted: 22:45:12 18/06/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
Only for USA!

Well, if i get extras, i will give them to you guys.
bonbonsalad Gold Sparx Gems: 2212
#25 Posted: 22:48:50 18/06/2012
Only for USA!

I thought Dark52 mentioned that it would be North America, not just USA. If they decided to just go with USA and forget Canada and Mexico, I'm really annoyed, since I live in Canada. And I think that they should do it in other parts of the world with Skylander fans, too. But since they probably won't change their minds, I expect things to get pretty crazy on eBay; people will sell their extra sidekicks if you can't tell which sidekick is in a bag like with cereal box prizes, and I don't need a crystal ball to know that there will probably be chip scalpers.
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:07:21 24/06/2012 by bonbonsalad
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#26 Posted: 23:13:20 18/06/2012
I am still seeing a lot of people writing about how the sidekicks are in the bag. I hope this is true but here is what the sell sheet has to dsay about this:

Consumer offer will allow consumers to redeem a free Skylanders sidekick character with purchase.

Other things I feel are notable and have gone under discussed from the sell sheet is the lack of commercials advertising the promo. (Although threy talk about the commercials the actual skylander toys and the game get on Nick and other kid networks). Also I see it is notable recommended retail price on these is less than it was for the Flock Smash promo.

It looks like the only real change from the Flock Smash promo is the offer will be available at all retailers and is now a redeemable offer and no longer a contest (Goodbye free sidekick hotline).
#27 Posted: 23:17:35 18/06/2012
Quote: bonbonsalad
Only for USA!

I thought Dark52 mentioned that it would be North America, not just USA. If they decided to just go with USA and forget Canada and Mexico, I'm really annoyed, since I live in Canada. And I think that they should do it in other parts of the world with Skylander fans, too. But since they probably won't change their minds, I expect things to get pretty crazy on eBay; people will sell their extra sidekicks if you can't tell which sidekick is in a bag like with cereal box prizes , and I don't need a crystal ball to know that there will probably be chip scalpers.

I'll send you my extras.

and chip scalpers would keep the stores safe for a while.
MRskylanderT Yellow Sparx Gems: 1080
#28 Posted: 23:33:02 18/06/2012
I live in the uk,London. It would be nice if someone in this forum can help a fellow skylander fan out with some sidekicks. smilie
---
***** I have The Extremely Rare Arena Tour Dark Spyros *****
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#29 Posted: 06:29:15 19/06/2012
Same, we always get the short end of the stick when it comes to international games. Even one of the last to get the waves.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
#30 Posted: 11:52:19 19/06/2012
Yeah....... Sad.
---
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#31 Posted: 16:59:50 19/06/2012
Quote: MRskylanderT
I live in the uk,London. It would be nice if someone in this forum can help a fellow skylander fan out with some sidekicks. smilie

Join the club (also London).

Seriously if these are going to be another North American exclusive, Activision/TFB/whoever is in charge of the promotion needs a huge kick up the arse. Skylanders are hot property right now, that's right now, in another few months the market wouldn't care and wouldn't want these promotions or whatever product they are associated with.

During the Flocked Stump Smash promotion bags of chips were flying off the shelves and people were calling the phone lines. All of this is big money for Activision. To keep up the profit they need to keep in the market and not rest up.

Here in the UK this is the only time most toy shops have shelves full of Skylanders. A few months too late for the post-Christmas market when demand was high. I do expect most those Skylanders will still be sitting on those shelves for another few weeks because the demand has gone.

Sorry for going on a bit, I got carried away today smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#32 Posted: 17:22:34 19/06/2012
I don't think it works that way...

I think that Activision sells the exclusivity/contract to Frito Lay and then Frito Lay decides where to make the promotion.
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8936
#33 Posted: 01:11:41 20/06/2012
Sorry to say this, but it looks like the promotion ended. I went to the link below and it said that it did. They could be referring to the Flocked Stump Smash thing though.

http://profile.skylanders.com/...almart/hasended

This is what I hate about the Internet. I'm constantly running into outdated information, and when the info isn't outdated, it's usually not very clear or does not have its facts straight.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#34 Posted: 01:38:41 20/06/2012
Wait so when does the sidekick promotion start ? I'm so confused
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#35 Posted: 01:43:03 20/06/2012
Quote: Skyhunter
Sorry to say this, but it looks like the promotion ended. I went to the link below and it said that it did. They could be referring to the Flocked Stump Smash thing though.

http://profile.skylanders.com/...almart/hasended

This is what I hate about the Internet. I'm constantly running into outdated information, and when the info isn't outdated, it's usually not very clear or does not have its facts straight.

That was for the $1 off Coupon exclusive to Walmart stores.
Sunburn4ever Green Sparx Gems: 462
#36 Posted: 01:45:56 20/06/2012
So it looks like the sidekicks do nothing more than just follow you around in the game...would've been cool to have them fight and help out. Still though, Trigger Snappy is cool.
---
Roast 'N' Toast!
sarval Green Sparx Gems: 158
#37 Posted: 10:46:36 20/06/2012
Skylanders fan in norway also wants them....
Anyone got spare?, willing to swap some hard to find figures.....
---
have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie
cocoandlola Yellow Sparx Gems: 1110
#38 Posted: 19:51:35 01/07/2012
Im pretty sure that the skylander sidekick attack because trigger snappy has tiny little guns
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#39 Posted: 21:39:20 01/07/2012
Quote: cocoandlola
Im pretty sure that the skylander sidekick attack because trigger snappy has tiny little guns

i don't see any tiny little guns ...

[User Posted Image]
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#40 Posted: 05:55:48 03/07/2012
Lol WHY YOU NO ATTACK
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#41 Posted: 05:56:09 03/07/2012
Atleast there nice looking figures
---
DSD Green Sparx Gems: 246
#42 Posted: 05:02:18 04/07/2012
I Got a chip pack today it comes with a card you fill out and send it 2$(S&H) and it says anywhere from 8-10 weeks to get here.
---
Admin of the spyro wiki http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page all things Spyro.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#43 Posted: 21:02:24 04/07/2012
EVERYONE CHECK YOUR STORES. ALL STORES CLOSE TO ME HAD FRITO LAY RESTOCKERS PUTTING THE SIDEKICKS BAGS. Check behind the old ones. They stick the sidekick bags behind it or if their out of stock of one flavor bag, its in the front. GO GO GO!!!!!!!
---
words. letters. filler.
chopchop Blue Sparx Gems: 552
#44 Posted: 21:58:06 04/07/2012
I don't really care about sidekicks
---
This user has died
#45 Posted: 22:18:10 04/07/2012
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
EVERYONE CHECK YOUR STORES. ALL STORES CLOSE TO ME HAD FRITO LAY RESTOCKERS PUTTING THE SIDEKICKS BAGS. Check behind the old ones. They stick the sidekick bags behind it or if their out of stock of one flavor bag, its in the front. GO GO GO!!!!!!!

Found a Sidekick bag behind some olds
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#46 Posted: 02:55:19 05/07/2012
Quote: chopchop
I don't really care about sidekicks

Then why post in a sidekicks thread?
---
words. letters. filler.
#47 Posted: 03:22:52 05/07/2012
Are they going to make an 800 number to get these or no bc u have to pay for shipping
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#48 Posted: 06:58:00 05/07/2012
Quote: L-Sunburn
Are they going to make an 800 number to get these or no bc u have to pay for shipping

no, because each sidekick is $2 shipping
FFM1994 Blue Sparx Gems: 772
#49 Posted: 15:29:59 05/07/2012
Hopefully ill get to the store today and look for them
---
List of all figures & much much more: http://skylandersspyrosadventu...ll-figures.html
3DS Friend Code: 1977-0335-5200
pakman916 Green Sparx Gems: 309
#50 Posted: 22:32:39 05/07/2012
I just wanted to confirm that I found these at Wal-Mart today. For everyone's sake, I hope they release these similar to the last Fritos promotion where every grocery has a different promotion. The reason why?

At Walmart, you have to send in $2 for shipping and it's a limit of 4 per household. What you get is random. I was hoping for the sidekicks in the bag, but that was not the case.

I'll have pictures and scans up in a bit.

Edit: I see others already have scans up. Check the threads.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:05 05/07/2012 by pakman916
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me