darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > The Truth About Chinese Dragon Skylander
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The Truth About Chinese Dragon Skylander [CLOSED]
SkylanderLegend Green Sparx Gems: 227
#51 Posted: 15:21:14 13/06/2012 | Topic Creator
i never said that i know for sure but i did say that it is my personal opinion that i find to be somewhat reasonable.
---
It's not skill I'm just better than you.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#52 Posted: 15:54:46 13/06/2012
Quote: SkylanderLegend
The chinese dragon skylander is... Drobot
[snip]
Case closed problem solved

don't hate because you weren't smart enough to come to the right conclusion first or because you are disappointed with the truth because you were expecting more.

You never said the words "I know for sure." but the parts I bolded in the above 2 quotes are fairly conclusive...

I don't wish to be mean, I think your beliefs have merit and I can understand why you believe that, even though I don't agree... but basically you said "This is how it is, everyone else is wrong even though I don't have proof." which people in this thread have taken offence to. If you make unconditional statements about anything that isn't 100% provable people will rip you to shreds... it's just the way the world is.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#53 Posted: 19:17:29 13/06/2012
I'm very sorry everyone, I probably didn't explain and describe my idea very well, I tend to get very wordy so I'll try to clear it up a little bit.
Quote: Aura24
She didn't say anything about a 'scrapped' Sunburn. She said about a Skylander that was scrapped and Sunburn probably took its place.

^ Thanks Aura, this is what I was trying to say but didn’t word good enough.

I’m not trying to say that the Chinese dragon was going to be Sunburn, I was trying to say that Sunburn was made in the time of the video but wasn’t going to be the dragon of the fire element because Sunburn’s design was more bird/phoenix-like originally before the finalized design today and the possible change in his back-story about him being a dragon hybrid. I’m not trying to say that the dragon is a beta Sunburn - just another character that was going to be in the fire element but was removed due to Sunburn becoming the dragon of the element later after the video was created. I believe that the dragon was removed after the making of the video due to the change of Sunburn’s back-story and Sunburn became the new fire elemental dragon. I know that this is still a little wordy but if anyone has any questions or is having a hard time understanding this, please let me know. Thanks for your patients =)!
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:06 13/06/2012 by OpalOsprey
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#54 Posted: 19:30:31 13/06/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
I’m not trying to say that the Chinese dragon was going to be Sunburn, I was trying to say that Sunburn was made in the time of the video but wasn’t going to be the dragon of the fire element because Sunburn’s design was more bird/phoenix-like originally before the finalized design today and the possible change in his back-story about him being a dragon hybrid. I’m not trying to say that the dragon is a beta Sunburn - just another character that was going to be in the fire element but was removed due to Sunburn becoming the dragon of the element later after the video was created. I believe that the dragon was removed after the making of the video due to the change of Sunburn’s back-story and Sunburn became the new fire elemental dragon. I know that this is still a little wordy but if anyone has any questions or is having a hard time understanding this, please let me know. Thanks for your patients =)!

In the video, you can already see Sunburn, Eruptor, Ignitor, and Flameslinger...that's all 4 of the existing fire Skylanders, so you're proposing the mystery Skylander was supposed to be the 5th fire element Skylander then?
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#55 Posted: 19:36:18 13/06/2012
^ Yes, I believe that there could have been more characters that were in development that we didn't get to see due to them not being finalized and the character elements might have not been as structured as they are now ( such as some elements having more than 4 characters per element such as 5 and maybe even more than one dragon per element).

Edit: Remember Arbo who was going to be a life elemental but was scrapped and charnged as an NPC. The boss of Dragon's Peak was also going to be an undead Skylander.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:40:05 13/06/2012 by OpalOsprey
#56 Posted: 19:49:32 13/06/2012
Edit: Remember Arbo who was going to be a life elemental but was scrapped and charnged as an NPC. The boss of Dragon's Peak was also going to be an undead Skylander.

Oh, I did not know about that, please, link me to those sources, so I can read it for myself, Google is not turning anything up.
---
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6290
#57 Posted: 20:14:17 13/06/2012
Arbo's figure developing[User Posted Image]

Vathek source//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=49638
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:17:10 13/06/2012 by AJAwesome
#58 Posted: 20:50:04 13/06/2012
@AJAwesome: So, the sources are from other topics on here, darkSpyro forums? Thanks anyway.

Let's presume everything is accurate then. Even if I am okay with the Vathek e-mail, it's pretty clear Cynder took the place of Vathek and was not a 5th undead elemental Skylander. In fact, I can see no evidence of there ever being plans of having a 5th unique Skylander to any element outside of the upcoming Giants.

I found the Arbo topic which is also on darkSpyro forums and doesn't state Arbo was originally supposed to be a Skylander...in fact, quite the opposite, that it is common to prototype out characters which, of course, doesn't preclude them from becoming future Skylanders in Giants, but is certainly not confirmation that they were ever previously planned to be Skylanders.
---
voodood90 Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#59 Posted: 23:55:48 13/06/2012
its camo. they screwed up.
---
Haters gonna hate
Bakers gonna bake
Elevators gonna elevate
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#60 Posted: 00:03:32 14/06/2012
^Wrong answer, voodood.

How can this guy:
[User Posted Image]

Be Camo?
[User Posted Image]

Those who say that the Chinese Dragon Skylander is 'Camo' really needs to look at the differences.

Camo himself even appeared in the Beginning Trailer:

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:39 14/06/2012 by Aura24
#61 Posted: 01:55:06 14/06/2012
Quote: sykotek

Oh, I did not know about that, please, link me to those sources, so I can read it for myself, Google is not turning anything up.

^ I can't seem to find the interview that they discussed Arbo but I found that Spyro Wiki also states it "He was originally planned to be a playable Skylander, but that idea was ultimately scrapped." http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Arbo.

And Aura postited this on the forum about Vathek: [User Posted Image]

I hope this helps, sorry that I wasn't able to help more but I'll keep looking for more info =).
---

SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#62 Posted: 00:51:34 10/07/2012
Quote: AJAwesome
Arbo's figure developing[User Posted Image]

Vathek source//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=49638

i wouldnt say that he was planned to be a figure, it looks like he was a visualized character. first of all, the skylanders had a different development phase. and the life base looks very different from that. so my best guess would be that they wanted to show arbo outside the game.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
BlazinBlackMage Gold Sparx Gems: 2021
#63 Posted: 02:42:09 10/07/2012
This is gonna sound dark but, maybe the Chinese Dragon died in battle. I mean, the place did blow up, what if there were other unseen Skylanders that just didn't make it? Then again, kids game, death doesn't exist. orz Sorta.

Either way, chinese dragons rule and I hope we get a real explanation for him someday, for some reason I can't see him being one of the new Skylanders coming out for Giants, but hey maybe we'll get lucky. smilie
Though am I the only one that doesn't think he really looks like a legit Chinese Dragon? smilie He reminds me more of a Japanese Dragon.
---
Skylanders Collection: Completely lost count. OTL
WiiU ID: BlazingBlackMage (I accept all friend requests!)
Lost Islands Activate: BBMage
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#64 Posted: 02:45:07 10/07/2012
I don't really like him... He looks too "normal" to be a Skylander for my tastes. Then again, Lightning Rod is just a blue person with bracelets on a cloud.

I do like BlazinBlackMage's idea but I don't think Activision is even remotely cool enough for that.
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#65 Posted: 03:12:35 10/07/2012
Quote: BlazinBlackMage
This is gonna sound dark but, maybe the Chinese Dragon died in battle. I mean, the place did blow up, what if there were other unseen Skylanders that just didn't make it?

maybe cyclops slime
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#66 Posted: 06:38:25 10/07/2012
I love finding about scrapped characters, especially playable ones! even though he appears as a skylander maybe he was just a normal citizen trying to help out? or he didn't 'die' but maybe there were more skylanders and some of them have just haven't been found on earth yet? my thoughts though.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#67 Posted: 15:51:47 10/07/2012
I think what Opal is saying is,
Ya know how Whirlwind is not featured? Well maybe Sunburn was originally the Air Dragon Skylander, With a different name, but was changed to fire, in replacement of Yin Yang(CdS)? So know WW is air, SB is fire, and CDS doesn't exist?
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#68 Posted: 15:54:52 10/07/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
I love finding about scrapped characters, especially playable ones! even though he appears as a skylander maybe he was just a normal citizen trying to help out? or he didn't 'die' but maybe there were more skylanders and some of them have just haven't been found on earth yet? my thoughts though.

That's a pretty good idea. Dragons seem to have a presence on Skylands, perhaps they are the allies of the Skylanders?
#69 Posted: 22:30:44 10/07/2012
Quote: Aquatic Llama

That's a pretty good idea. Dragons seem to have a presence on Skylands, perhaps they are the allies of the Skylanders?

thanks smilie
yeah, it'd actually would make sense because there is obviously more enemies than the skylanders themselves could handle at the time if true.
- maybe they were trying to become skylanders themselves smilie
#70 Posted: 22:44:24 10/07/2012

thanks smilie
yeah, it'd actually would make sense because there is obviously more enemies than the skylanders themselves could handle at the time if true.

I see the skylanders as an emergency response team helping out all the various people of skylands. Kinda like the Jedi from Star Wars. The dragons probably had a small force to protect Dragons keep and what not. We know the Gillmen have an army. So i'm assuming other species have some form of ways to protect themselves from trolls and the cyclopses, who seem militaristic. In the video the Skylanders are heavily outnumbered. They must of had outside help. I bet the "Chinese Dragon" was sent from the dragons to help their allies.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:02:07 10/07/2012 by Aquatic Llama
#71 Posted: 22:53:16 10/07/2012

thanks smilie

I see the skylanders as an emergency response team helping out all the various people of skylands. Kinda like the Jedi from Star Wars. The dragons probably had a small force to protect Dragons keep and what not. We know the Gillmen have an army. So i'm assuming other species have some form of ways to protect themselves fro, trolls and the cyclopses, who seem militaristic. In the video the Skylanders are heavily outnumbered. They must of had outside help. I bet the "Chinese Dragon" was sent from the dragons to help their allies.

^ this makes so much sense smilie
I agree the skylands must have an army for every species and they protect their part of land and the skylanders come in an emergency. and since in this battle they must of been no creatures living there, there seemed to be not many people fighting against kaos. so the chinese dragon and possibly others must of come to help.
#72 Posted: 23:07:10 10/07/2012

thanks smilie

I see the skylanders as an emergency response team helping out all the various people of skylands. Kinda like the Jedi from Star Wars. The dragons probably had a small force to protect Dragons keep and what not. We know the Gillmen have an army. So i'm assuming other species have some form of ways to protect themselves from trolls and the cyclopses, who seem militaristic. In the video the Skylanders are heavily outnumbered. They must of had outside help. I bet the "Chinese Dragon" was sent from the dragons to help their allies.

^ this makes so much sense smilie
I agree the skylands must have an army for every species and they protect their part of land and the skylanders come in an emergency. and since in this battle they must of been no creatures living there, there seemed to be not many people fighting against kaos. so the chinese dragon and possibly others must of come to help.

Yeah, it looks like the battle is taking place in a large field. Reminds me of the beginning of lots the fellowship of the ring.
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#73 Posted: 23:26:42 10/07/2012
you see chinesse dragon twice maybe implying that there are more than one nice going aquatic llama
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#74 Posted: 17:56:00 12/07/2012
btw what other explanation is there for the chinese dragon skylander. there would be no reason for them to make an extra skylander, that would throw off the whole even class thing they have going and don't tell me it was just a fluke or a purposeful marketing attempt because when this video came out half of you didn't even know about the game and had never seen the video until you finally got into it. even activision and toys for bob didn't know it would take off as much as it has. if this was meant to be a marketing thing then they would have saved it for when the game was starting to peak. what other explanation is there? nobody has officially seen drobot out of his amor so this would make the most sense. if you have a great explanation i would love to hear it but until then don't hate because you weren't smart enough to come to the right conclusion first or because you are disappointed with the truth because you were expecting more.

I understand but you can't post something that seems like it's true and the rest of us feel tricked when we're faced with unbelievable fan speculation. Drobot and the Chinese Dragon thing look nothing alike even if he did take off his armor. Also, you're not so smart if you really thought what you said was true so don't insult people who know that this is a stupid topic built on nothing.

(P.S. For someone so smart you should know not to double post)

Another thing, don't say I'm being harsh or too serious because I won't stand being insulted by a person who has their info wrong and saying the rest of us aren't smart. We can give you no more explanation than that this was a scrapped skylanders who was replaced by a current skylanders. Like Cyclops Slime was replaced by Zap.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:01:51 12/07/2012 by imanirox890
ShadowTwisted Green Sparx Gems: 305
#75 Posted: 19:23:07 12/07/2012
Granted, the main argument I'm seeing is appearance based. It does seem pretty obvious that the dragon does not have brown extremities, but since that doesn't seem to be flying, let's actually dissect the theory on some other points.

1. And this should be the penultimate destroyer: The dragon in question appears BEFORE the Skylanders get blasted to Earth. The theory I saw is that this is Drobot with his armor stripped off during the travel to Earth. If so, where's the armor to get stripped off?

2. Drill Sergeant, Chop Chop, and Trigger Happy. Trigger Happy still has his guns, Chop Chop still has his sword and shield, and Drill Sergeant didn't arrive as a bucket of bolts. If we are to believe that Drobot's armor could be removed from the force of the journey to Earth, how are we to believe that that could happen without these characters having their items ripped out of their hands?

3. Drobot exists. If his armor had been stripped off, we would have never seen a Drobot figurine.

Anything else?
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#76 Posted: 19:42:09 12/07/2012
The Chinese Dragon Skylanders is the Chinese Dragon Skylanders.He is like Arbo got no figure or in game because both where planed to be skylanders but he was probably scraped and was not used at all unlike Arbo who got an in game appearance.So he/she is not Camo nor Drobot he is just a skylanders who did not appear in the game and only appeared in the trailer.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
BOOM Yellow Sparx Gems: 1265
#77 Posted: 16:11:00 13/07/2012
its not smilie or smilie i called the company they said it was a chinese dragon but unknown element and gender
---
why are you reading this? your wasting your time...
#78 Posted: 00:25:12 14/07/2012
i wonder why people dont just leave it as: he's a scrapped skylander. nothing to it.
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#79 Posted: 00:30:20 14/07/2012
Looking at it again I have no idea how you people think this is Drobot.

1. No armor and no red scales- Drobot's major athesetics.
2. Spikes along back. Painful to remove, no?
3. It has two horns on its head. I don't know how you could hide those underneath armor.
4. Completely different tail.
5. Overall, the green is a completely different shade.

I mean... I get how you could theorise over it... smilie But I doubt it. Any ideas on how these could just be hidden?
SkylanderLegend Green Sparx Gems: 227
#80 Posted: 01:40:44 23/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay so as it turns out i was wrong because i saw the picture with him as a toy meaning he was a last second scrapped skylander that was so far into the process that they included him in the commercial.
---
It's not skill I'm just better than you.
#81 Posted: 04:23:18 23/10/2012
Okay so as it turns out i was wrong because i saw the picture with him as a toy meaning he was a last second scrapped skylander that was so far into the process that they included him in the commercial.

[User Posted Image]
Where did you see the picture of him as a physical skylander? could you post pics?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#82 Posted: 04:30:48 23/10/2012
Here:
[User Posted Image]

The Chinese Dragon Skylander's developing name was Sun Dragon, his gender is male, and he was the early version of Camo: https://twitter.com/MikeDodger...836439583207425
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#83 Posted: 04:41:15 23/10/2012
Here:
[User Posted Image]

The Chinese Dragon Skylander's developing name was Sun Dragon, his gender is male, and he was the early version of Camo: https://twitter.com/MikeDodger...836439583207425

thanks, that's pretty awesome. but why was camo in the original trailer too?
---
#84 Posted: 05:10:26 23/10/2012
^ they must of added him due to popularity or to not confuse the fans.
Krownz Red Sparx Gems: 88
#85 Posted: 14:41:32 26/10/2012
Damn... Aura24 for the effing win.

Shut the entire thread right up. Lmao.
---
For the Horde!
#86 Posted: 23:31:39 26/10/2012
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
In reality, the chinese dragon was a scrapped skylander but for you fans that don't give up,
lets just say he was a skylander who died in battle. CASE CLOSED

i think we kind of covered that.
---
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#87 Posted: 20:46:38 27/10/2012
It's obvious this is a secret skylander he just might be realeased as a new skylander considering there is a lot of new normal skylanders hiding around the corner (spoilers kaos and flinn and all the other supporting chareters have been made as figures
#88 Posted: 17:54:33 03/11/2012
Quote: sonsilv2
It's obvious this is a secret skylander he just might be realeased as a new skylander considering there is a lot of new normal skylanders hiding around the corner (spoilers kaos and flinn and all the other supporting chareters have been made as figures

https://twitter.com/MikeDodger...836439583207425
That, and also the supporting figures have been made to help with game designers see what they are graphically designing and coding into the game.
---
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#89 Posted: 20:13:57 03/11/2012
Quote: sykotek
Besides the mystery Skylander, 5 other "dragons" are featured and can be easily identified in the video:
Fire: Sunburn
Magic: Spyro
Undead: Cynder
Life: Camo (can be debatable)
Water: Zap

If they did scrap the mystery Skylander, what element would it be for? The remaining possibilities are...
Air: Whirlwind
Earth: Bash
Tech: Drobot

Oooo. It could be earth. I think that makes sense. Also he could have been scrapped for a long time and just made a cameo.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:18:30 03/11/2012 by Ryanator20x6
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me