Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Custom Skylanders I have done [CLOSED]
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#1 Posted: 14:22:21 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Here ya go...life's been busy and I have more to come. But these are what I've worked on recently. I need to dig up more pics that I have on my phone...but that's what I have online at the moment.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:23:15 11/06/2012 by xerokills
jackidaniels Green Sparx Gems: 221
#2 Posted: 14:31:28 11/06/2012
Looks great! I want to get some doubles at some point so I can do some custom paint jobs as well.
---
20 year old powerlifting, video game playing female. FTW
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 14:36:15 11/06/2012
I have extras of smilie and smilie

How should I repaint them?

And i might get some extras of smilie to repaint after I get smilie and smilie
#4 Posted: 14:42:38 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
It is really up to you how you paint them. I personally would go maybe a purple metallic and gold version of Ignitor. A lot of people put black on Ignitor. Try to do something nobody else would think of. And don't paint the flames. That always tends to make it look crappy as the plastic on the flames is translucent. As for Wrecking Ball. Do him whatever color your heart desires. He is one that you can't go wrong painting. Maybe do a rainbow version or a metallic color. It's all up to you.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 14:50:38 11/06/2012
Quote: xerokills
It is really up to you how you paint them. I personally would go maybe a purple metallic and gold version of Ignitor. A lot of people put black on Ignitor. Try to do something nobody else would think of. And don't paint the flames. That always tends to make it look crappy as the plastic on the flames is translucent. As for Wrecking Ball. Do him whatever color your heart desires. He is one that you can't go wrong painting. Maybe do a rainbow version or a metallic color. It's all up to you.

I will probably do a metalic smilie

smilie was not made into a minion
She got metalic

smilie didn't get a minion
So metalic smilie it is!

As for smilie I might do a mlp:fim related repaint.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#6 Posted: 17:51:43 11/06/2012
The plates on wrecking balls back look like a pillbug. I'd like to see him painted like one.

http://www.squidoo.com/pillbugs
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#7 Posted: 18:14:42 11/06/2012
Nice designs! Your dark Cynder is awesome and you did a great job replicating the chrome effect on Spyro. I'm almost done with a repaint of mine but I can't seem to paint a perfect circle around my Whirlwind's eye, I might just paint them all one color.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#8 Posted: 18:19:12 11/06/2012
I really like the Gill Grunt and Cynder. Chrome/Silver Spyro looks great too. Nice job man.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
#9 Posted: 18:24:09 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: OpalOsprey
Nice designs! Your dark Cynder is awesome and you did a great job replicating the chrome effect on Spyro. I'm almost done with a repaint of mine but I can't seem to paint a perfect circle around my Whirlwind's eye, I might just paint them all one color.

I found the best trick is water down the black a bit and just work a little at a time...then come back with the other color to clean it up. It took about 3-4 coats to get it perfect. but then on top of it...the Wham-Shell glows. I've been doing customs for a group. And there are a total of 5 different Black Cynder that I have painted. I did a blue wing, purple, silver, pink, and the original I did. I got a lot of requests for that. Been doing them for free plus shipping. It's been pretty fun. I didn't do good on matching the Chrome. It needs more mirror shine to it...grrr.

Thank you for the compliments guys though. My favorite is still Gill-Grunt. I actually gloss coated him...need to post it...he looks cooler shiny.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#10 Posted: 18:48:07 11/06/2012
What kind of paint do you use? Where can it be bought?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#11 Posted: 19:03:51 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
it is actually cheap paint. The brushes I got at Walmart of all places for 5 bucks for 25 of em. The two smallest work great for detail work. I did go buy a number 0 brush at Michaels where I also got the paint. I bought the set of acrylics for about 8 dollars. They are the tube variety. I forget the brand. The metallic paints are the cheap 99 cent ones at Michaels. They carry the 5 colors. But long story short, Acrylic paints, not enamel. Enamel will work, but has a longer dry time. The metallic paints take a bit to dry, but are actually fairly fast. I use glow in the dark paint for the accents...it comes in a small bottle with a fine tip on it. I brush 2-3 coats on spots I want to glow. It works incredibly well. Haven't taken any glow in the dark photos, but people who have them have seen how nice they glow. Wham shell's eyes and teeth glow as well as his spikes. If you want to do the chrome or gold color over the whole thing...any spray paint will work. You just have to experiment. Napa and Autozone carry good chrome paints for about 6 dollars a can. It is hard to replicate chrome the way they did on the E3 spyro.

Hope that helps. Water down your colors to start and don't be afraid to wipe it off if you screw up...you can always paint over the top to fix it. Also a wet brush will wash away most fresh paint and works good for adding accents or giving a worn look.

Good luck! smilie
---
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#12 Posted: 19:44:02 11/06/2012
Forget chrome Spyro, I'll just repaint mine like yours! Looks so authentic!
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#13 Posted: 20:28:35 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Let me know if you need to know anything about painting it. Don't put primer on it. Just paint it straight. Buy autobody spray paint at a car parts store...chrome. And tape off the base really well...make sure the edges are sealed well. And don't touch it for a good 2-3 days for it to dry and cure fully. You can easily smudge the paint. It takes a good while to get it to harden up right.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#14 Posted: 20:37:41 11/06/2012
Neat, I already have those things, except metallic paints.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#15 Posted: 21:41:04 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
I don't think it's a matter of anything but imagination. Just find a black and white picture of it, print it out and color it.

[User Posted Image]

just print it and color it trying out different color combinations. If you like something, then paint it.

Hope that helps. Personally I have yet to see anyone paint her the traditional Green color a dragon is. I think a Green and yellow and red (similar to Camo) with black accents would be pretty cool to see. But I also think maybe a pure silver version could look pretty cool...consider she is in purple metallic, and crystal, then it would be appropriate to have her get the legendary and or chrome treatment.

Just play around and see what you come up with.
---
bungle-chops Green Sparx Gems: 304
#16 Posted: 22:42:57 27/09/2012
Love it! Thats kind of how Lazy-Daze started, google lazy-daze skylanders home if the link doesnt work. The black cynder looks very similar to a l-daze one,,, not the same, just a similar idea.
[http://www.lazy-daze.org/]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me