Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
chrome spyro and friends [CLOSED]
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1 Posted: 12:16:54 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
getting to know each other ...

[User Posted Image]
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#2 Posted: 12:21:29 11/06/2012
Awesome pic!but how come chrome spyros base Isn't chrome/silver?
#3 Posted: 12:23:32 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
it is chrome it is just freakin' hard to photograph, lol
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#4 Posted: 12:24:49 11/06/2012
Finally a live picture of the legendary articulated Spyro! Can you show me all the ones you have, youre so lucky! I cant tell you how lucky you are!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#5 Posted: 12:34:09 11/06/2012
Wow...and before Tuesday! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....did I mention HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! AWESOME!
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#6 Posted: 12:35:30 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
^ yup, usps to england faster than fedex cross country smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 13:02:26 11/06/2012
i really want a chrome E3 smilie
#8 Posted: 13:22:01 11/06/2012
Yeah...that's pretty crazy how that works when you think about the sheer distance traveled for it to get to you so quickly...ie like 2 days essentially...and that had to go through customs too I'd assume. smilie
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#9 Posted: 15:37:40 11/06/2012
Aww, how cute. Xero, you're so jelly. Man, Tig, I wonder how much you paid for that. I know you got it off Ebay, that's for sure.

Tuesday? That's for my second bling Spyro.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
jackidaniels Green Sparx Gems: 221
#10 Posted: 16:06:38 11/06/2012
Sick spyro collection bro... E3 chrome spyro prices seem to be decreasing on ebay so hopefully I can pick one up soon...
---
20 year old powerlifting, video game playing female. FTW
#11 Posted: 16:14:18 11/06/2012
I, for some reason, never saw the Chrome Spyro has going up in value, despite only 2000 being made. Here's hoping you can get you one, Jacki. Good things come to those who wait, so play it safe and you can probably get one on the cheap.
---
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#12 Posted: 16:39:01 11/06/2012
That's cool I love the way it looks. Spyro is by far my favorite character. I grew up as a kid playing the games. It looks awsome congrats on getting it.
---
37/37
#13 Posted: 17:14:48 11/06/2012
I need an explanation... how am I jealous of someone who got a cool toy? I have no desire to spend money on something I don't need. I spent 89 cents and 4 dollars on a can of chrome spray paint and made my own. A box and hanging one on my wall...sorry...no thanks. I instead picked up a nice video card to throw in my gaming rig to max out graphics on all the new games out. Yet your chrome spyro will collect dust on your wall...so where is the jealousy? I can gain a lot reading what someone writes...and you're not the brightest bulb. But that's okay...whatever you're passionate about...even if it is Skylanders...at least it's not drugs or something harmful. Enjoy that wall of plastic... smilie
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#14 Posted: 17:29:18 11/06/2012
^If you don't mind me asking, what video card did you purchase? I'm getting a new computer and I choose a Nvidia GeForce GTX 580, is that an okay card for gaming?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#15 Posted: 17:37:40 11/06/2012
I actually purchased the GTX 580 as well. I'm surprised you dropped that kind of coin on it as it's typically around 400-600 depending on brand. I went with the EVGA as I've had good luck with them. It was a huge step up from the 520 I had in there. It will never be a problem for you to run games for the next few years I figure. But make sure you get at least a 500W power supply. You must have bought a package deal. Make sure you get plenty of airflow in your case...as it does get a little hot, especially if you plan to overclock it. A couple side case fans would help circulate. It's a beefy card. smilie
---
#16 Posted: 17:53:57 11/06/2012
You're jelly, for the fact you felt the need to mention how you thought Tig got something before I did. I mean, it came totally out of left field, so something was obviously on your mind, that you just threw that out of nowhere. However, it's dumb anyway, to mention someone getting something before someone else. Only the resident minds filled with an inferiority complex would feel the need to think this is all a race.

It almost reminds me of Chaoswarrior's sig. He feels the need to mention what he has compared to me, as if he needs attention. However, to me, that is nothing more than someone's inferiority complex peeking through. It is un-needed, just as your statement was un-needed. But, people have told me numerous times in PM, or some have put it bluntly in topics, the people acting foolish, are just acting out of jealousy.

It's all dumb no matter what. I mean people will even LOL at someone who was supposed to get something Tuesday, but got it today, making their statement backfire in their face, while making them look dumb in the process. It's just... childish. smilie
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#17 Posted: 18:08:58 11/06/2012
Thanks Xero. The computer is an Alienware Aurora with a solid state drive and is overclocked with liquid cooling. Hopefully the liquid cooling wont leak anytime soon. I'm pretty sure that the power supply is 500W or more but thanks for bringing my attention to that so I can double check.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#18 Posted: 18:16:24 11/06/2012
actually...I read the forums and more than just yours. The ongoing saga of the 3 of you chaos, t7gga and you is more than entertaining. And you're a hypocrite. You specifically stated you'd get it before he did....and you didn't. So you did point that out to us. It was just humorous to me that no matter what you do you wind up on the short end of the stick...even if in your own mind you aren't. To everyone else...you are. If anyone one wants to beat anyone at anything....you can just throw money at it and it'll usually get it there first. In that aspect it's nothing special. None of it at all is spectacular really. "Jelly"?? Creating your own words now? I think what rings true with me when I see posts in regards to you is the arrogance. And the ignorance. I really have nothing to be jealous of as if I wanted all of that, I could have it. But I don't have the personal desire to have that. You can believe what you want, just as we can believe a person can not be a certain way. I watched a show on morals last night on Discovery...and how the brain works. There is typically two choices to make in things. One person has good morals while the other has questionable morals, but when instinct takes over or they are forced into a situation, they take the less chosen path from the norm because they have corrupted morals. They say they would do one thing because that would be morally right, but in reality when it is forced upon them to make a decision, they led their instinctual morals take over and they choose the negative choice. You are someone I believe who is morally on that lesser side. You are someone who claims they help all the time. But in reality, you don't. If you walked into a store and another person walked into a store. There was 1 rare figure you REALLY needed. You both arrive at the same time. You are the type who would tell us, "Yeah...go ahead...you take it...it's cool." But in reality, you'd grab that figure out of his hands and insist it is yours. Because that's the internal morals that you have. You're selfish inside and you have to carry a persona on the outside. I witnessed it first hand when you found out there might not be enough Flocked Stump Smashes going around. So you panicked and ran to the Skylanders Trading group you are a former member of. And you were essentially begging people to help you get one. You pretty much pissed off the entire group. You proved you were out for your own good when you truly needed it most. A selfless person helps people with no reward in mind. You help people with the hopes that it will get you future rewards. That's called being selfish. Kids look up to you for your collection. They don't look up to YOU. There is no jealousy of you in all of this. It is for me more about rubbing your nose in it when you get made the fool on such a constant basis that you don't even see it with your own eyes. I only wish you could see from an outsider's perspective how pathetic your life is. Just think about it...seriously. Don't blow it off. Just think about your own actions and how people perceive you. It may not matter because you are so oblivious and think you're so dead positive that you are right. But stop and look. I don't even know why I care. That is my fatal flaw is wanting people to be better people than they are so they can be well adjusted normal human beings and not complete morons. Can't fix everyone... Oh well...I know you won't... We've done this dance before...you're a self absorbed person...so *brick wall* have a nice day.

smilie
---
#19 Posted: 19:26:46 11/06/2012
DANG! You think about me so much you put up a straight wall of text? YIKES!

Sorry, man, that's all clumped together. I can't read that mess. Like I said, bro, go outside and get some of that good weather. Or you can continue being so bored, you felt the need to write an essay about the happenings of this website.

Man... just, wow.
---
Sanctum Nomen Green Sparx Gems: 416
#20 Posted: 19:35:59 11/06/2012
Interpunction is a rare gift...
#21 Posted: 19:53:29 11/06/2012
Laziness apparently is a pretty common one too...my posts take all of 5 minutes to write...at most. Excuse me if I didn't take the time to break it down into paragraphs for you. It's called a flowing thought and it's from brain the screen...didn't take the time to just break it up for ya...but thanks for the 2 cents Sanctum.

I would love to go outside and enjoy the weather, but alas, I have a job, and I have been outside in it...but the people across the street or someone is burning something awful...or a raw sewage main broke...because it's foul outside right now.

I will take that advice however after my workday is done and I've earned my honest living... smilie
---
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#22 Posted: 21:01:00 11/06/2012
He feels the need to mention what he has compared to me, as if he needs attention

Proof that you don't need to live in Egypt to be in denial.

I get quite a few PMs myself on how I keep putting the noisy braggart in his place. I am not the one who continually posts self-love about their collection, I simply quietly achieve (hence the sig).

Inferiority? Let's analyse that:

Own my own house, not live in one given to me? CHECK
Have a well paying job that I sourced myself, not given to me? CHECK
Deprive others of variants by getting boxes opened in the back-room? NEGATORY

It actually seems to me that someone is compensating for having not achieved in life, hmmm? I have previously tried to be diplomatic about this, but I think we shall call a spade a spade.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#23 Posted: 21:06:04 11/06/2012
This all has absolutely nothing to do with t7gga's pic, which was awesome. Best Spyro collection I've ever seen, and the articulated variant looks excellent in person. It's funny how the chrome base just looks kind of grayish, but I guess it makes sense, considering the way that light would be reflecting off of it. Nice work, t7g.
#24 Posted: 21:09:45 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
thanks Tashiji,

and i agree this has turned into a very weird topic. but hey ho such is the interweb.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#25 Posted: 21:12:19 11/06/2012
Quote: t7gga
thanks Tashiji,

and i agree this has turned into a very weird topic. but hey ho such is the interweb.

I think you should post the other pic you took of just the chrome one here as the base looked much better in that one.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#26 Posted: 21:14:01 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
ok ...

[User Posted Image]
#27 Posted: 21:15:38 11/06/2012
Well...t7gga...you unfortunately MUST share the spotlight with a certain other member...as you can see...that any chrome thread that pops up he gets in on and posts pics of it to let everyone know. I apologize for verbally sparring, though it's not like he has much fight in him...he knows better than that. He doesn't have a leg to stand on. Guess that's why his crowning moment is his Skylanders collection.

As for your pic. That photo literally is done beautifully. If you put a color background behind it it will take that color to it and looks ridiculously cool...try it out.

Well done sir...and very modestly stated. smilie
---
#28 Posted: 21:22:32 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
no need to apologize, i understand only too well .
#29 Posted: 21:23:18 11/06/2012
another question...would you say he's painted, plated or actually solid plastic chrome...ie special plastic. Just curious...probably a chrome 2-3 part spray process is my guess.

hmmm
---
#30 Posted: 21:24:06 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
hold on while i scratch some off so i can tell you

... painted
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:26:16 11/06/2012 by t7gga
#31 Posted: 21:27:01 11/06/2012
another question. You have quite the collection of skylanders t7gga. I'm actually curious what other collecting you've found yourself getting into. I think we all have that collecting side to us. I resist it on a daily basis, but what other things do you collect as a hobby? For some it's toys, games, knick knacks and even things like bottle caps. For me growing up it was firstly Masters of the Universe and then M.U.S.C.L.E.S. I also did the baseball cards, collectible card games too. Thank God I steered clear of Magic...lol.

Just curious...time to go enjoy that sun. smilie
---
#32 Posted: 21:30:48 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
^ massive disney tigger collection now in storage ... lots of toy story 1, 2 and 3 figures that now decorate my sons bedroom shelves

skylanders do seem to be scratching the itch at the moment though. i have however made a conscious decision only to collect the figures and to make sure they can be played with as intended.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:22 11/06/2012 by t7gga
#33 Posted: 21:44:09 11/06/2012
you're kidding about scratching it off. Yeah...I think I know the paint they used. It's the 3 part process...bastards smilie Gonna go see if I can find some more 89 cent spyros this afternoon. I'm almost out of figures to customize at the moment beyond a stray trigger happy. I should pick up some of the gamestop used ones today...or I should get back to working on some art like I said I would...lol.
---
#34 Posted: 22:17:51 11/06/2012 | Topic Creator
^ do some art or start cutting up skylanders to articulate them smilie
#35 Posted: 22:51:40 11/06/2012
I actually read that guy's articles on how to do it. I wanted to do an articulated repaint similar to his flameslinger. He looked awesome. It isn't like I don't have the capabilities...I work in a machine shop essentially...lol. I need to find the ball joints...that's the issue...bit or research should get me there I figure. And it looked like his flames and such is just hot glue done in layers...was reading that on his site. He's definitely been doing that awhile...he's got a gift with his attention to detail.
---
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#36 Posted: 06:42:37 12/06/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
ACTUAL QUOTE REMOVED BECAUSE I'M SICK OF READING GARBAGE

No one cares man, can I look at a post without you whining or bragging throughout it, Please?

xerokills, I watched, well listened to that same show last night while painting the kitchen, get way to apply it to skylanders lol
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:49:01 12/06/2012 by NinjaHarley
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#37 Posted: 07:01:57 12/06/2012
Quote: NinjaHarley

No one cares man, can I look at a post without you whining or bragging throughout it, Please?

LOL THIS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anywhoooooo Thats a nice collection you've got there smilie That articulated L-spyro is boss (I like it better than the chrome E3 spyro) Guilty of being a fan of that guy's work, its just amazing. I'd love to have one of those myself, I've been tempted to ask him on DA if he'd let me pay him to have one of mine shipped to him and he articulate if for me and send it back...been debating about it...but I'm sure he'd be way to busy to bother smilie Especially since he makes bank on the ones he sells on ebay...I saw what sunburn went for.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:02:45 12/06/2012 by Dunkin
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#38 Posted: 08:46:20 12/06/2012
Quote: NinjaHarley

That's impossible for him.
#39 Posted: 16:46:53 12/06/2012
Quote: xerokills
I'm just glad this is the only forum I have to read with him involved in it. I think the biggest thing that bothers me is the behaviors he exhibit reflect poorly onto kids. He is idealizing something to kids that is not healthy. The way he acts show kids that bragging is something that is acceptable behavior. I see little kids in here envying his collection...which I can understand, but it also trickles down to how they develop and think. I think we all know the type of kids that like his posts. The adults here all see things pretty clearly. Most turn a blind eye to it. A few will call him on his BS. But there is a large number of people on here that just likely ignore it or read and stay silent. What fun is that....we are a natural part of the forum ecosystem. Without the pot stirrers...the GM's and me's of the world, the forums would be pretty much a bunch of boring reads. Sometimes you gotta stir the pot a bit.

As for the articulated figures. I'm pretty sure I could do just about anything he does in regards to the articulating including casting flames and such. Gonna have to see where I can get some articulating parts online. Don't know why I didn't graduate to doing that in the first place. Articulating the Giants may be where it's at though...bet you could make some good bank doing that.

smilie

Yeah, its quite sad really. Its whatever though, he seems to come off way too arrogant to really care; he'll continue to do it, because it blesses him with attention.
Sorta like my 4 year old, he'll do anything to get attention; both the good and the negative, its pretty much all the same to him. This guy exibits the same pattern of behavior, sorta sad.

And the articulated ones. I'd love to be able to do this, unfortunately I lack the time and patients....lol. But I agree with you, doing it with the giants would be a great idea. Though I have always wanted a articulated Cynder or D. Spyro myself.
---
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#40 Posted: 16:52:34 12/06/2012
please,let's just enjoy the awesome/cute/i want that!pic.*exits the angry scene*
#41 Posted: 17:41:01 12/06/2012
Ignitor...honestly I don't think anyone's angry here really. We just want a forum clean of the blatant bragging and utter excess of GM78 centric posts. I've not seen so much ME ME ME in all my life really. But I agree...it was intended to showcase the chrome spyro. And it was photographed very well. It wasn't "rushed" and thrown up to "prove" anything.

Ahhh...it's too bad today is such a grey day out...and I'm sleepy...
---
#42 Posted: 17:53:14 12/06/2012
I'll admit the photos that t7gga took of chrome spyro actually does him ALOT of justice. They are beautifully done.
The group shot is just as awesome!

Though I can't help but admit that its not the best variant I've seen. Cystal (Ice) Cynder still has my vote as far as that is concerned >.< But I do congradulate you on your crowning achievement here. You've got a wonderful collection going smilie
---
#43 Posted: 18:54:58 12/06/2012
For some reason I thought it would be funny to take the picture of Chrome Spyro with it reflecting something funny off it....like say I don't know...the person taking the photo being completely naked...or maybe...I don't know...something funny...anything funny....what's funny to kids nowadays?
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#44 Posted: 00:27:54 13/06/2012
OMG Chrome Spyro is GORGEOUS! Much better than that cheap looking purple metal cynder.
#45 Posted: 01:26:52 13/06/2012
Actually, I found a name for the metallic Cynder.

It seems some people use that color for their cars. If one were to ask for that color, it is refered to as "Metallic Plum."

So, if people want to know what it's called, it's Metallic Plum Cynder.
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#46 Posted: 09:45:34 13/06/2012
Quote: t7gga
it is chrome it is just freakin' hard to photograph, lol

i want chrome spyro to.... i will give my left toe for it... how much did you pay evilbay for it???
#47 Posted: 10:04:16 13/06/2012 | Topic Creator
^ let's just say i paid less than others are being listed for
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#48 Posted: 13:06:41 13/06/2012
Quote: kappapopm
i want chrome spyro to.... i will give my left toe for it...

Which left toe? The big one? Cuz I'm not sure the pinky toe would get it done. Maybe one of the middle toes, but that would be one weird looking foot when it's all said and done.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#49 Posted: 01:07:53 04/07/2012
How much was the l spyro i was want one, jin please lol..
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me