Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > I will never shop at a certain Gamestop again
Page 1 of 1
I will never shop at a certain Gamestop again [CLOSED]
joedelta Green Sparx Gems: 418
#1 Posted: 03:49:08 05/06/2012 | Topic Creator
So i decide to stop in a gamestop thats in the area i was at today, for some of the variants since im only missing Bash, Chop Chop and Dark Spyro. I get into the store and see there all behind the counter. No big deal, so i ask them if they have dark spyro or any of the variants. The manager says they never have them and hers just sold on ebay for x amount. She said she only paid 6 for it. So i already know the answer but i ask where did she find it. Of course its a "I bought it here reply". So then she continued to brag that since shes the store manager she pretty much gets first pick at them. Now i wont lie, i have sold 3 Wham Shells on ebay. Yes i can be considered a scalper(so sue me). But i found them on the shelves, so who knows how long they had been there. I was not a store manager or employee so I didnt go to the back of the store and sort through the boxes and pick what i wanted. I dont work in a store that sells skylanders, but if i did I wouldnt do that because

A. Be fired or written up AND
B. I'm a salesman and i believe in customer service

I'm going to give corporate a little call about this store managers secondary selling habits.
---
Need Dark Spyro or $$$$$$. 36 out of 37 Baby
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:52:14 05/06/2012 by joedelta
Krisiun Green Sparx Gems: 390
#2 Posted: 03:56:28 05/06/2012
That would be impossible to enforce. Even if employees were prohibited from buying the merchandise, they could just call a buddy or family member to come in and buy it for them.
Venin Red Sparx Gems: 22
#3 Posted: 03:59:16 05/06/2012
Ugh, that's a real put-off. I think it's actually illegal here, but people still do it none the less, it's gotta be pretty discouraging if you're actually looking for a variant. Good on you for calling corporate on her in my opinion!
---
One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead boys got up to fight.
#4 Posted: 04:01:47 05/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Krisiun
That would be impossible to enforce. Even if employees were prohibited from buying the merchandise, they could just call a buddy or family member to come in and buy it for them.

I know, i just think SHE needs a wake up call. I think in most companies its a no no to buy their merchandise and resell it for a profit.
---
biohazard28 Green Sparx Gems: 105
#5 Posted: 04:51:31 05/06/2012
Quote: joedelta
So i decide to stop in a gamestop thats in the area i was at today, for some of the variants since im only missing Bash, Chop Chop and Dark Spyro. I get into the store and see there all behind the counter. No big deal, so i ask them if they have dark spyro or any of the variants. The manager says they never have them and hers just sold on ebay for x amount. She said she only paid 6 for it. So i already know the answer but i ask where did she find it. Of course its a "I bought it here reply". So then she continued to brag that since shes the store manager she pretty much gets first pick at them. Now i wont lie, i have sold 3 Wham Shells on ebay. Yes i can be considered a scalper(so sue me). But i found them on the shelves, so who knows how long they had been there. I was not a store manager or employee so I didnt go to the back of the store and sort through the boxes and pick what i wanted. I dont work in a store that sells skylanders, but if i did I wouldnt do that because

I'm going to give corporate a little call about this store managers secondary selling habits.

How diferent are you when you do the exact same thing. Just because you search on different stores and your not an employee dosen't make you any different from her. Your not letting people that actually need the figure get it, just so you can make a profit out of it. Now the store manager should be fired as of Game Stop policy dosen't let you re-sale bought merchandise. But honestly don't complain about people doing the same thing you are doing, just because they can reach the merchandise better than you can. It makes you sound hypocrite...
---
Nothing cheaper, than something free.
#6 Posted: 05:22:17 05/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: biohazard28

How diferent are you when you do the exact same thing. Just because you search on different stores and your not an employee dosen't make you any different from her. Your not letting people that actually need the figure get it, just so you can make a profit out of it. Now the store manager should be fired as of Game Stop policy dosen't let you re-sale bought merchandise. But honestly don't complain about people doing the same thing you are doing, just because they can reach the merchandise better than you can. It makes you sound hypocrite...

There is always that one. Hey man thoughs three helped pay bills and put extra food on the table for my kids. I went to the store(3 different times) and found them there in the middle of the day. Shoppers had time to find them if they chose too. And at 2 of those places there is a local comic shop guy who frequents those stores. So i bought them originally to trade for other Skylanders, but work hours where short and bills where do. Sorry if i took your Whammy, but taking care of my family is more important.

As for the manager, which i will state once again in bold Recieved the shipment, sorted through the shipment, took what she wanted to sell, and sold it. I went to a store 3 times looking for other things, had seen them on the shelfs, noticed they where there since the night crew put them out. i go shopping in the middle/later of the day. Bought them, was going to trade for other skylanders, noticed hey my ______ bill is due and decided to sell them.

Me-Found them on the SHELF AND BOUGHT THEM
Her-Never gave them the chance to hit the shelfs

Does that help you?

And btw this thread is about work ethic, not what i do in my personal life.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:24:53 05/06/2012 by joedelta
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#7 Posted: 07:29:50 05/06/2012
The manager was being paid by Gamestop at the time she was looking through boxes and seeking variants for personal gain. During this time period she was being paid to represent company interests and best utilize customer service skills. This behavior is self-serving and does not immediately benefit the company. Anyone that found those variants on the shelves whether they be kids casual players or scalpers would have had an amazing story to tell everyone they knew and attract business to this store. Instead the anager alienated customers by sharing the fact she had an unfair advantage over them and lining her pockets with ebay money. This action aso encourages the figures to be rarer encouraging other employees to scalp further hurting the company. Its bad business to have employees like this. If the manager is unwilling to adapt these views while being paid by the company she should seek alternate employment.

To defend the original poster he was acting as an individual entity at that time and not as a paid representative of a retailer selling the figures. Due to this he would have been able to take more liberties to his moral actions. Ideally he would have left these figures for others who needed them but soetimes you do what you have to do.
biohazard28 Green Sparx Gems: 105
#8 Posted: 07:30:01 05/06/2012
I really dont care what you did with the money. Im just puting the point, that your complaining about something that you are doing. The same way you went to the store to look for something and the manager told you it was not in the store (cause she bought it). Its exactly what happened to the people that went after you looking for Wham (Wham was not there cause 1 person took em all). Both of you took something for their own benefit. Just because you took it from the shelve dosent make you any better than her. I honestly dont mind at all for what you did. But complaining about the manager is sooo hypocrite. Maybe she haves more bills that you, maybe she dosent. Does that still means that what she did was right??? Does that mean what you did was right?? Should you, of all people be complaining about that?? Sorry if I ofended you, I just wanted to let you know my thought.
---
Nothing cheaper, than something free.
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#9 Posted: 09:31:24 05/06/2012
faun doesn't shop at gamestop, period. the store has a horrific employee policy (faun had a friend who stopped a robbery with his body, putting himself at risk, but since gamestop's policy is to fire everybody when merchandise goes missing and just rehire the whole staff, faun's friend was fired anyway). the store is also known for many policies that are detrimental to customers, the used game market, and the gaming industry as a whole. to top it off, every gamestop faun has ever set foot in smells like an overcrowded nerd convention and not in the good way. the stains on all the carpets in every gamestop faun has ever been to have always been disturbing.
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#10 Posted: 12:23:33 05/06/2012
Quote: biohazard28

There is always that one. Hey man thoughs three helped pay bills and put extra food on the table for my kids. I went to the store(3 different times) and found them there in the middle of the day. Shoppers had time to find them if they chose too. And at 2 of those places there is a local comic shop guy who frequents those stores. So i bought them originally to trade for other Skylanders, but work hours where short and bills where do. Sorry if i took your Whammy, but taking care of my family is more important.

As for the manager, which i will state once again in bold Recieved the shipment, sorted through the shipment, took what she wanted to sell, and sold it. I went to a store 3 times looking for other things, had seen them on the shelfs, noticed they where there since the night crew put them out. i go shopping in the middle/later of the day. Bought them, was going to trade for other skylanders, noticed hey my ______ bill is due and decided to sell them.

Me-Found them on the SHELF AND BOUGHT THEM
Her-Never gave them the chance to hit the shelfs

Does that help you?

And btw this thread is about work ethic, not what i do in my personal life.

doesn't really make any difference to be honest scalpers shouldn't bash scalpers because its hypocritical. who's to say she didn't do the exact same and needed the extra cash (for bills, food or whatever) i don't like scalpers but half of the people that bash them would do just the same if they had the chance.
---
I Have: 37/37
imanirox890 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#11 Posted: 12:36:31 05/06/2012
I once went to Toys R Us to get a Legendary 3 pack. The store manager wouldn't let me buy it even though I had enough money. He told me to put it back or he'd call security. Once I put it back I knew why he wouldn't let me get it; HIS son wanted the 3 pack and all that little brat did was snatch it off the rack and thank his dad. And to add insult to injury, he stuck his tongue out at me. I HATE spoiled brats.
voodood90 Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#12 Posted: 13:21:29 05/06/2012
That-- eeggh...
---
Haters gonna hate
Bakers gonna bake
Elevators gonna elevate
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#13 Posted: 13:23:48 05/06/2012
Quote: imanirox890
I once went to Toys R Us to get a Legendary 3 pack. The store manager wouldn't let me buy it even though I had enough money. He told me to put it back or he'd call security. Once I put it back I knew why he wouldn't let me get it; HIS son wanted the 3 pack and all that little brat did was snatch it off the rack and thank his dad. And to add insult to injury, he stuck his tongue out at me. I HATE spoiled brats.

You were a customer and the store manager did that? I would have let him go ahead and call security. While I got on the phone and called the cops. Seriously, that's ridiculous.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#14 Posted: 14:57:17 05/06/2012
I went into TRU and asked one day if there were any variants found and one of the employees said you will never see those things on the shelf. If I find them I buy them because they are worth so much. This did not sit well with me so when I was paying for my sons toy I told the lady at customer service about what the guy said. She informed me that they were not allowed to do that there and would talk to the manager. I came back a couple weeks ago and one of the ladies in electronics mentioned someone was fired because of his actions.
I hate being a tattle tale but seriously don't be a douche. I don't know what to do about a manager who does that I would call corporate and get her reprimanded.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#15 Posted: 15:18:00 05/06/2012
I had a similar experience with TRU because one uppity employee had an issue with me buying both a Zook and a Lightning Rod. I was told I had to choose to give everyone an opportunity to buy the rarer skylanders. After an arguement I left the building with just Zook.I went back later and was refused a sale again. I got corporate involved and was told a complimentary Lightning Rod would be available for me, I went to the store topick himupand was told by employees I was not getting him because I did not deserve him. This conversation ended with the assistant store manager running to her car and locking herself in it while another associate apparently called the cops. The cops told me the only thing I did wrong was follow the assistant to her car. I called corporate again and I don't believe anything was done. I ended up having to buy L-Rod as a three pack from Amazon. I still have not returned to that TRU nor will I.
#16 Posted: 19:36:40 05/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ItsJustMe
The manager was being paid by Gamestop at the time she was looking through boxes and seeking variants for personal gain. During this time period she was being paid to represent company interests and best utilize customer service skills. This behavior is self-serving and does not immediately benefit the company. Anyone that found those variants on the shelves whether they be kids casual players or scalpers would have had an amazing story to tell everyone they knew and attract business to this store. Instead the anager alienated customers by sharing the fact she had an unfair advantage over them and lining her pockets with ebay money. This action aso encourages the figures to be rarer encouraging other employees to scalp further hurting the company. Its bad business to have employees like this. If the manager is unwilling to adapt these views while being paid by the company she should seek alternate employment.

To defend the original poster he was acting as an individual entity at that time and not as a paid representative of a retailer selling the figures. Due to this he would have been able to take more liberties to his moral actions. Ideally he would have left these figures for others who needed them but soetimes you do what you have to do.

Thank you sir. Update: Called the company and it is being sent to the District Manager for investigation. I guess it's a big no no to do this.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me