Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Question about what Gamestop would pay [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#1 Posted: 06:59:55 31/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I have these for when I play:

Spyro
Cynder
Whirlwind
Zap
Drobot
Bash
Stealth Elf
Flameslinger

The only ones I plan on getting until this fall is the Dragons' Peak and the Empire of Ice adventure adventure kits.

I plan to take these extras to Gamestop, anyone have any clue as to what I'll get for them?

Stump Smash
Gill Grunt
Lightning Rod
Sonic Boom
Zook
Land shark guy (forgot his name)
Chop Chop
Trigger Happy
Ghost Roaster

Treasure thing
Crossed swords
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#2 Posted: 07:58:04 31/05/2012
I can't help you since we don't have Gamestop here, but... You're getting rid of your Dragon Treasure and Ghost Swords? But they're two of the most useful items in the game!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 10:32:32 31/05/2012
Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#4 Posted: 10:59:07 31/05/2012
To quote another thread:

Quote: spyroflame0487
Visited the same Gamestop and found not only about 20 some Cynders and a healthy selection of other Skylanders, but Gil and Triggs hanging on the bottom shelf.

FOR $2.99!

[User Posted Image]

That's right. They actually reduced the price on them. No Spyro left, so I'm glad I nabbed an extra on the first visit. Pretty sweet, now that I have a second set of the starter figures. Again, I'd encourage everyone to scope out their Gamestops, especially if you were even thinking about making a custom.

If you look carefully you will see Gill Grunt priced up at $2.99 ($2.69 for pro members) so they'll probably only give at most $1 for him... and that would be a generous estimate. I know non-starters sell for more and legendaries/adventure pack characters sell for a lot more but I would expect the money would be practically nothing.

You really should consider putting them together as a single auction on ebay if you can, you'll get more for them and as one lot the hassle for shipping would be minimal.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:59:46 31/05/2012 by Deandria
#5 Posted: 18:13:06 31/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok, did a little haggling, bought a second Spyro, and got $20 for the lot.

Not bad!
---
Jack Sinatra Green Sparx Gems: 315
#6 Posted: 19:21:08 31/05/2012
Quote: Archae

Not bad!

Actually that's pretty bad... prob could've gotten 2-3x that one ebay...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#7 Posted: 19:23:38 31/05/2012
Quote: Jack Sinatra
Quote: Archae

Not bad!

Actually that's pretty bad... prob could've gotten 2-3x that one ebay...

I agree. If you sold them on ebay, you could have made ALOT more.
---
Bring the Fanta
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#8 Posted: 20:10:41 31/05/2012
Yes, the eBay thing. It wouldn't even be scalping, because you bought and played with these and then grew tired of them.
#9 Posted: 04:43:30 01/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Forgot to mention, I got my second Spyro for 99 cents.

As to eBay, I wouldn't trust those bastards any further than I can throw them.
---
Johnster1 Red Sparx Gems: 69
#10 Posted: 05:48:11 01/06/2012
I never would've guessed you'd've got them for that much. $20 for some figures? Heck, didn't even think they'd take them off your hands. Unfortunately there's few of those stores in England, and a lot of the high retailers (GAME and Gamestation) have been cut in half due to online sales. Hope I can trade in the used ones elsewhere soon smilie
---
Spyro gamer since 1998. JohnGreasyGamer on YouTube (the number one source for number two games).
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#11 Posted: 08:09:27 01/06/2012
Gamestation in Eltham informed me last week that they are doing trade in on Skylanders figures. They give £2 for each figure, when they have trade ins to sell they will be priced at something like £5.99. £2 a figure is pretty mean IMO, especially when CeX can do up to £5 credit for a figure.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me