Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Game Stop's new plan [CLOSED]
biohazard28 Green Sparx Gems: 105
#1 Posted: 04:08:24 29/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I would like to inform my Skylanders folks that Game Stop is currently doing a survey with every store in order to know which 5 Skylanders does every store have the most. This is with hopes to distribute those overstock figures to other stores, so all or most of all stores have a bigger variety of figures. Also the preowned price of Skylanders have been greatly reduce. Most of them are $4.99 or below. Sadly, trade in values has also been reduce.
---
Nothing cheaper, than something free.
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#2 Posted: 05:03:20 29/05/2012
Interestingly the podcast GM posted in another topic indicates that TFB and activision are moving to a SKU focused distribution. The people that brought it up from TFB overtly stopped talking about it saying they were told to say nothing about topics they didn't understand. However from what they did say it seems that the company may go from wave distribution to SKU distribution. This means specifically stores will not get skylanders they already have in stock. However, the drawback to this method of distribution is it is sales driven meaning if a store does not sell enough or have a strong enough sales history shipments will be not come very frequently. A store that sells 1000 skylanders aweek is going to get higher Wham-Shell priority than a store that sells 4 skylanders a week. This is amazing news for many and horrible news for some.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#3 Posted: 05:36:07 29/05/2012
gamestop had ghost roaster used, all alone, by himself, for 18.99, right next to it, was the brand new darklight crypt for 19.99, and also used figures were next to new ones, non starter ones were 8.99 spyro/trigger happy/gill grunt were 2.99. their prices was crazy
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
biohazard28 Green Sparx Gems: 105
#4 Posted: 07:25:18 29/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ItsJustMe
Interestingly the podcast GM posted in another topic indicates that TFB and activision are moving to a SKU focused distribution. The people that brought it up from TFB overtly stopped talking about it saying they were told to say nothing about topics they didn't understand. However from what they did say it seems that the company may go from wave distribution to SKU distribution. This means specifically stores will not get skylanders they already have in stock. However, the drawback to this method of distribution is it is sales driven meaning if a store does not sell enough or have a strong enough sales history shipments will be not come very frequently. A store that sells 1000 skylanders aweek is going to get higher Wham-Shell priority than a store that sells 4 skylanders a week. This is amazing news for many and horrible news for some.

Theres not really a drawback to the method. If a store is not having sales of a especific SKU then they will not have the need to receive more of that same SKU. However those that get sold, will be shipped back to that store. Beleive me, all stores are curently almost sold out of Skylanders and those who still have them have very few variety. This will help stores get shipments of what they need and not what they already have. Game Stop is just doing it before the whole SKU system starts so they can increase their sales.
---
Nothing cheaper, than something free.
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#5 Posted: 12:08:35 29/05/2012
The drawback is shipping priority stores that have extremely large consumer bases will receive the higher priority and in demand figures raising their sales and lowering the sales of stores not getiing the most in demand figures. The problem with SKU distribution is production supply plays a huge factor in small stores sustainability. Supply is something TFB is already something TFB has shown a problem maintaining.
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#6 Posted: 16:09:46 29/05/2012
Is there a link?
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#7 Posted: 12:10:18 30/05/2012
Is this online?
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me