Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Who should i give away next? [CLOSED]
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#51 Posted: 00:06:04 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Thee is a glitch and i am unable to ship legendaries, but i can ship camo and warnado but i am no longer doing giveaways.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#52 Posted: 00:07:36 24/05/2012
Are you taking payments, then? :/ Dibs on Camo or Warudo.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#53 Posted: 00:09:03 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
no, its all free!
---
#54 Posted: 00:28:07 24/05/2012
Well sorry bout that. I do believe you. I don't need both, to be fair. Camo would be ok, but....
---

Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#55 Posted: 00:28:21 24/05/2012
Let's translate...for those of you unable.

In "English"... This person is calling activision, saying HIS skylander that HE owns is "broken" and having the replacement sent to YOU.

WARNING!!! Read between the lines, and it translates itself!
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
#56 Posted: 00:31:33 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Thats why i dont do give away anymore... Lack of respect!
---
#57 Posted: 00:36:08 24/05/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
Thats why i dont do give away anymore... Lack of respect!

You don't just get respect, you have to earn it. Welcome to reality.
---
#58 Posted: 00:36:19 24/05/2012
I can see why... Well, could this be your last giveaway or just forget it? I won't hound you, I'm above that.
---

#59 Posted: 00:37:17 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Forget about the giveaways.... Im not doing it anymore.
---
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#60 Posted: 00:38:00 24/05/2012
Even if he is doing the replacement figure thing, keep in mind he's only cheating a company that charges $15 for DLC that should be free. Don't let the haters bring you down, failin!
---
Are you my mummy?
#61 Posted: 00:43:08 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks Juledos, i know i can count on you smilie
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#62 Posted: 00:43:53 24/05/2012
^..... Ok I'm not gonna be the last poster so yeah. I think you should do it. But instead of first PM, you can do a contest. Like a guess this Skylander or make your own, etc. if you need help, I'm your guy. NAND sorry for blabbing.
#63 Posted: 00:45:42 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Hmmm, sounds interesting but i cant do it. With this much haters around, its pressuring me! Im getting hater PMs left and right!
---
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#64 Posted: 00:50:20 24/05/2012
Quote: JuLeDoS
Even if he is doing the replacement figure thing, keep in mind he's only cheating a company that charges $15 for DLC that should be free. Don't let the haters bring you down, failin!

Actually, IF Failinhearts is doing "the replacement figure thing," it's theft. It's not up to the end consumer to decide something should be free when a company sells it. The worst part would be, it's theft perpetrated in the recipient's name under the guise of a contest. Would Activision do anything to you, probably not. Could they see this as abuse of the good faith they have with their consumer base, discontinue the program and otherwise make it much more difficult for legitimate defect claims to be addressed in the future, yes.

@Failinhearts: I've posted how you can post your proof above, in case you might've missed it. Anyways, IF what you're doing is taking advantage of the exchange program, knock it off before you ruin it for those who may need to use it for legitimate claims in the future.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#65 Posted: 00:52:36 24/05/2012
Huh, you're right. If this is the case, it's dishonest and you should stop. But if it is truly what you say it is, then by all means continue.
---
Are you my mummy?
#66 Posted: 00:56:53 24/05/2012
Okay, no revolting against Activision. They're a awful greedy company that created CoD, but still.
---
Are you my mummy?
#67 Posted: 00:59:58 24/05/2012
Quote: henryszuch
it is kind of tricking them but they charge you 10 bucks for a toy thing and they make it super hard to find so you will pay extra for it. Isn't that wrong too?

continue we all no activision is hatching an evil plan to be rich so doing this is okay!

NO, it's not wrong. It's a legitimate business. Toys "R" Us is charging you $10, not activision...they buy in bulk and sell for profit. And for making it super impossible to find, we do that to each other...they call it supply and demand. Abusing a replacement program IS stealing! Some people here have a corrupt way of justifying things!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:05:00 24/05/2012 by Postalgoddess
#68 Posted: 01:02:08 24/05/2012
Yes, it is. He should stop if this is what he's doing. But if it truly is a promotion, then he is just receiving an immense amount of hate...
---
Are you my mummy?
#69 Posted: 01:07:02 24/05/2012
Quote: JuLeDoS
Yes, it is. He should stop if this is what he's doing. But if it truly is a promotion, then he is just receiving an immense amount of hate...

Only replacements come from activision assist, not prizes from contests. I'm sorry, I am not a hater...I am just realistic. Please re-read my above comment. I think you may have read it wrong.
---
#70 Posted: 01:10:04 24/05/2012
It is a little fishy. But I like to see both sides of a coin before choosing heads or tails. I don't think he is abusing replacements based on a conversation I had with him yesterday, but you never know. He could very well be doing this.
---
Are you my mummy?
#71 Posted: 01:26:34 24/05/2012
And that's all fine, but why else would it not have the card or stickers?? I hope it is legit, but odds are it is not. I have helped several people out on here...they came to me and asked for help, and I did it. My mom always told me that when something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Insert life lesson here..into this topic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:29:24 24/05/2012 by Postalgoddess
#72 Posted: 01:31:02 24/05/2012
Yes, I see what you're saying. But why would he help people for no payment? If he is stealing, then surely he realizes he's hurting himself by doing that. I just don't know why he would go throught he troibke of stealing without reward other than to have someone else to blame.
---
Are you my mummy?
#73 Posted: 01:39:31 24/05/2012
I really don't know. Maybe in some sick, twisted way it is like robinhood...steal from the rich(activision) and give to the poor(us). I am really not one to accuse people...but I do know that 1+1=2. When things add up, they just add up...you can't change that. I can't really make an excuse for it...I mean, if everyone was saying I was lying, and I wasn't...I'd be here defending myself...when was his last post??
---
#74 Posted: 01:45:31 24/05/2012
I definitely see what you're saying, it seems exactly the same thing as when you send for a replacement. But about him not being here, I was messaging him back and forth about Youtube and stuff and he said he had to go. I don't think he's been online for the past hour or so.
---
Are you my mummy?
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#75 Posted: 03:13:43 24/05/2012
The OP of this topic is promoting fraud against activision in the name of a contest. Basically he is filing a broken skylander claim for anybody he deems a winner. In addition he is also making the claim that these may include varaint editions even though I cannot see activision sending out variables as replacements.
-The figures are shipped directly from the same company that ships replacement skylanders not the OP
-The figures do not include cards or stickers like replacement skylanders
-The OP offers the ability to "win" (really replace) any figure including magic items like the replacement program offers
-The OP does not currently offer legendary skylanders. Coincidently they are currently not offered through the replacement program.

Basically this is an illegal activity and immoral. Some will try to justify it by claiming activision has no right to sell skylanders, this logic does not work for me.

I would like this program to be in place if I ever actually need it abusing it in this manner will:

a) inevitably cost the retail price of figures to go up
b) cause the free replacement program to cease to exist
#76 Posted: 03:38:30 24/05/2012
He told me he was doing this by winning contests and then handing them out. Is this not the case?
#77 Posted: 04:11:22 24/05/2012
Quote: Rand O M
He told me he was doing this by winning contests and then handing them out. Is this not the case?

Evidence points to the OP making fraudulant claims with activision using the "winners" names. Causing others to unknowingly be involved in fraudulant actions. There is no indication of any contest occuring where the OP could be winning so many prizes and having ACTIVISION mail the "winners" of his contest prizes that would be identical to the replacement program they use. Crap like this could cause darkspyro to ban giving away skylanders entirely on these forums.
#78 Posted: 04:18:24 24/05/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe
Quote: Rand O M

Evidence points to the OP making fraudulant claims with activision using the "winners" names. Causing others to unknowingly be involved in fraudulant actions. There is no indication of any contest occuring where the OP could be winning so many prizes and having ACTIVISION mail the "winners" of his contest prizes that would be identical to the replacement program they use. Crap like this could cause darkspyro to ban giving away skylanders entirely on these forums.

So what your getting at is this OP, don't know what it means, is illegally using skylanders by cheating activision by telling them he has token ones. Then gives them freely to people? If wrong can you please explain in a simpler and in depth way. Sorry, I'm not processing any of this except the whole he might be take skylanders.
#79 Posted: 04:37:42 24/05/2012
To be completely fair, let's not jump to conclusions just yet and outright accuse Failinhearts of lying and knowingly stealing from Activision and potentially ruining a perfectly good replacement program for people that may need it in the process.

It's completely possible albeit highly... highly improbable that Failinhearts has discovered a hidden promo for free Skylanders figures in Skylanders Universe that no one else even remotely knows about or has confirmed to have been able to access, not even Activision themselves! ...and that he and he alone, has been exclusively privy to both getting these free figures and given the ability to direct out these free Skylanders to others whilst everyone else has had to pay for them.

What I don't understand is the insistence that proof cannot be provided by him because he is on an Android tablet because I know you're unable to play SSU on an Android tablet...I have one, so if he's getting through all this sign-up, he must alternatively have an internet connected computer as well. So, let's not outright accuse him of wrongdoing until he can explain himself further.
---
#80 Posted: 04:38:19 24/05/2012
The OP (original poster) is using other people names and numbers contacting activision with this information and claiming they have broken skylanders. Activision then sends unpackaged skylanders without stickers and cards to replace broken figures that do not exist. All the OP does is file a claim in your name. Activision has no informaation on OP if this backfires just your name and address.
#81 Posted: 04:43:56 24/05/2012
Quote: sykotek
To be completely fair, let's not jump to conclusions just yet and outright accuse Failinhearts of lying and knowingly stealing from Activision and potentially ruining a perfectly good replacement program for people that may need it in the process.

It's completely possible albeit highly... highly improbable that Failinhearts has discovered a hidden promo for free Skylanders figures in Skylanders Universe that no one else even remotely knows about or has confirmed to have been able to access, not even Activision themselves! ...and that he and he alone, has been exclusively privy to both getting these free figures and given the ability to direct out these free Skylanders to others whilst everyone else has had to pay for them.

What I don't understand is the insistence that proof cannot be provided by him because he is on an Android tablet because I know you're unable to play SSU on an Android tablet...I have one, so if he's getting through all this sign-up, he must alternatively have an internet connected computer as well. So, let's not outright accuse him of wrongdoing until he can explain himself further.

edit: sorry about the unintentional double post

I agree with this. However, I feel it is prudent to inform others that may unknowingy involving themselves in this situation that there could potentially be fraud involved. As soon as the OP explains hmself and the hidden promotion that gives him the ability to deliver free skyanders exactly like the replacement program than other users may feel more comfortable about participating. People need to be informed about the potential dangers here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:44:54 24/05/2012 by ItsJustMe
#82 Posted: 05:04:08 24/05/2012
@ItsJustMe: Well, I still feel there's no need for outright accusations to be thrown about, subtle implications sure, but such stinging accusatory statements towards what could potentially be a child or a man... possibly with the intellect that of a child is completely uncalled for. I'm fairly confident those who read this thread already know that if they deal with him, it could maybe not be on the up and up.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#83 Posted: 05:11:31 24/05/2012
I'll justify it by saying that it's been nearly two months since the Wave 5 figures were released, and if Activision still can't get them anywhere near the stores where those entering this contest could actually purchase them to begin with, they deserve what they get. They've had plenty of time to get their act together at this point, and even though it's fraud, it's a reasonable response, and I for one don't care who abuses the policy. I'm not going to--I have them, so why bother?--but let's please get off the moral high horse here. Some people have been searching for Warnado, Wham-Shell, and Camo for a month and a half, daily, and have nothing to show for it because for some reason Activision keeps sending Chop Chop and Eruptor to their stores by the case instead. The company itself is not upholding any remote sense of honor with its customers, so why should that courtesy be given in return? When the Skylanders being "won" here can be found by a reasonable person, I'll change my tune, but for now, any sympathy given to Activision is sympathy wasted.

EDIT: But do know going in, people, that you may suffer from a bit of "boy who cried wolf" syndrome here. They may decline requests for new figures to people who submit multiple claims; any past the first will at least require additional information, and may not be approved. By getting a figure like this, you do potentially jeopardize your ability to replace one that really does break down the line. Your ethics on the matter are up to you. There is no absolute right or wrong, and no legal action will come your way for this, so don't let anyone dissuade you from making your own decision. However, there are potential consequences to abusing a semi-charitable replacement policy. I had to replace a legitimately broken Ghost Roaster, and my second claim, for a legitimately broken Lightning Rod, required me to jump through several hoops to get them to complete the request. They're not an infinite Skylander factory, and shouldn't be treated as such.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:22:33 24/05/2012 by Tashiji
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#84 Posted: 06:25:14 24/05/2012
I'm sorry but I have to agree with several people here, why on earth would he simply just diappear and let all the hate effect him so deeply? I have to say I am gonna do the safe thing and make sure I stay away from any of his "Giveaways".

For him to be so upset over what people are saying, and NOT do all he can to defend his "Honesty", only disappear instead, I dunno. Something about this seems fishy. :/

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows, but for any future giveaways he may have (Which I doublt but still) anyone wanting to enter, proceed with extreme caution, you've been warned lol.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#85 Posted: 11:50:50 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I didnt disappear, i was sleeping! You think i stay up forever!?
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#86 Posted: 12:11:34 24/05/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
I didnt disappear, i was sleeping! You think i stay up forever!?

you are lying to everyone saying that you are giving away skylanders PLAIN AND SIMPLE WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS THEFT AND FRAUD
#87 Posted: 12:13:04 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
There are two sides to every story.......
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me