Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > O Where art thou... Target Exclusive Whirlwind???
Page 1 of 1
O Where art thou... Target Exclusive Whirlwind??? [CLOSED]
DluA Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#1 Posted: 04:56:39 21/05/2012 | Topic Creator
As a collector, I'm having a HARD time finding Target Exclusive Whirlwind! smilie There aren't even any on eBay! Any help would be most appreciated.
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#2 Posted: 06:33:24 21/05/2012
I've been looking for it too..your guess is as good as mine :/ I saw a seller on ebay that had auctions for whirlwind, with the photo being of the Target one, I contacted him/her and asked if that was the actual one for sale, but they never answered me back... And thats the only seller that I know of with one.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 06:46:45 21/05/2012
Whirlwind isn't Target exclusive anymore. She's found in any store that are selling Skylanders.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 07:24:53 21/05/2012
Quote: Aura24
Whirlwind isn't Target exclusive anymore. She's found in any store that are selling Skylanders.

Yes, but those don't have the all-important "Target exclusive" printed on the back card.

Think like a collector.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#5 Posted: 07:26:06 21/05/2012 | Topic Creator
@Aura: In the beginning, Target was the only U.S. Store to have Whirlwind and they printed a Target logo on the upper right of the packaging. Since then, you are correct it is now available anywhere, however, they do not include the logo. Im told that the paint job of the bases are different, other than that I believe they are the same figure.

This confirms my suspicion about these are pretty rare, cant be easily found and some arent even aware there IS a difference!!!
---
REWARD: for valid information that leads to the addition of an ULTRA RARE 2011 E3 Gill Grunt in the E3 packaging.
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#6 Posted: 07:37:21 21/05/2012
I no longer see any real Target exclusive Whirlwinds on eBay either. Luckily for me, I'm no longer looking for one! Definitely for hardcore collectors only though, the differences are so minimal, packaging has a Target exclusive sticker and the UPC is different. As for the figure itself, the difference is that it comes with an unpainted base, hardly worth it to most and not truly recognized as a variant to most people.

I'd check for new listings of "Skylanders Whirlwind" everyday on eBay if I were you, but the price you pay is up to you, I saw quite a few real listings for them up until recently, but was never tempted to pay more than MSRP for them.

Alternatively, you could also try looking up Target stores online to see if they have them in stock near you, but it's a crapshoot and "limited stock" almost certainly means "not in stock at all" for their online system. Fret not though, there are a still a few scattered places around the country that still have stock of them, but they're definitely dwindling as the days go by.

Going through my messages, I know of a few users on here who might have them and be interested in getting rid of them, so you might want to give them a try. Just don't expect for them to sell it to you for standard retail though, they quoted me collector's prices when I asked, so that's why I never even bothered getting one from them in the first place.

GameMaster78
Gobiin

Also, I know SGT doesn't have any currently available, but he said he'd help me keep an eye out for them, so it couldn't hurt to ask him to keep you in mind if he comes across one I suppose...
StormbringerGT
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#7 Posted: 07:47:01 21/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks alot for the info sykotek. Hopefully, ill track it down...
---
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#8 Posted: 09:24:58 21/05/2012
If its just a sticker, just wait until Giants is released. I'm sure they will have another Target exclusive, so just buy two of those and transpose a sticker. Problem solved.

That was KIND of kidding, but your problem is that the Target and Whirlwind exclusives were released before the Skylanders "collect them all" fever hit hard, so I'm sure most of those packages were bought and opened. Good luck finding a sealed one at a reasonable price.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#9 Posted: 11:32:47 21/05/2012
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item3a70d9d511 Here.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#10 Posted: 11:56:39 21/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks AJ... BUT......... thats why you read the fine print!!! It clearly says in the listing that the picture is of the Target Exclusive, but you will receive a normal one. I appreciate the effort however. Like I said, none on EBay!
---
MRskylanderT Yellow Sparx Gems: 1080
#11 Posted: 20:04:29 21/05/2012
I have target exclusive whirlwind......I will only let it go for $500.....because as mentioned....most of them have been opened as no one knew that it will become rare.....i done some research into what makes a item rare....and this exclusive ticks all the boxes....
---
***** I have The Extremely Rare Arena Tour Dark Spyros *****
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#12 Posted: 20:47:40 21/05/2012
When I went to buy it for my son for Christmas in early November they had like 4-5 on the shelf. If only I knew then what I know now...
#13 Posted: 20:56:06 21/05/2012
Yep.....I don't even live in USA.....I'm in London......I have been reading articles for quite a long time about what to look for in a rare item.....one of those is the fact that the item was readily available....exclusive......and not known to be a collectors item.....meaning that it was bought, then opened, then the box was thrown away......that equals.....target exclusive whirlwind and wal mart exclusive drill sergeant.
---
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#14 Posted: 21:18:35 21/05/2012
Quote: budkin
When I went to buy it for my son for Christmas in early November they had like 4-5 on the shelf. If only I knew then what I know now...

That was my first skylander purchase to go with the game...and it was put away for Xmas morning. I shoulda never let my son open it, oh well. Package opened, and thrown away!!! Lol
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
#15 Posted: 22:05:22 21/05/2012
Quote: MRskylanderT
Yep.....I don't even live in USA.....I'm in London......I have been reading articles for quite a long time about what to look for in a rare item.....one of those is the fact that the item was readily available....exclusive......and not known to be a collectors item.....meaning that it was bought, then opened, then the box was thrown away......that equals.....target exclusive whirlwind and wal mart exclusive drill sergeant.

You had to do research to come to that conclusion? Sounds like some exciting articles.

And good luck getting 5 Benjamins out of your Target exclusive. smilie
---
#16 Posted: 22:13:26 21/05/2012
Good luck to you finding one....and those articles I consider to be very interesting as it made me by the only target exclusive whirlwind left on eBay at that time....so thanks for the sarcasm....good try....didn't quite work.
---
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#17 Posted: 22:14:40 21/05/2012
if at any time in the future these are worth lots of money most people on here will be worm food
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#18 Posted: 23:33:31 21/05/2012
Fortunately, we kept one in the box. Judging by the amount of posts and demand for this figure, that was a pretty good idea. If ever we decide we don't want it, I'll let you know.
#19 Posted: 23:43:54 21/05/2012
is the "only at target" a sticker or printed onto the box ?
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#20 Posted: 23:46:04 21/05/2012
dunno, though I hardly know where I got mine myself.
#21 Posted: 23:52:58 21/05/2012
@t7gga, it's a sticker. Only differences are UPC and paint on the base.
#22 Posted: 23:56:54 21/05/2012
weird. in the uk they were tesco exclusive at first. no sticker and i can't say i have noticed any difference in the paint on the base

the asda/walmart drill sergeant however is a different colour to the general release ones, but again there was no exclusive sticker on the box in the uk
#23 Posted: 00:05:59 22/05/2012
Subsequent versions of Whirlwind have a very slight, white airbrush effect on the base. It's hard to distinguish, but it's definitely there.
#24 Posted: 00:48:45 22/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks Tash for your help! Please keep me in mind, if you ever change your mind.
---
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#25 Posted: 00:56:33 22/05/2012
Whirly is no longer Exclusive. I baught her at Whirlwind after the next wave came out after her wave. Atfer that wave, she was no longer exclusive.
#26 Posted: 00:56:52 22/05/2012 | Topic Creator
@Mr.Skyland: At least you offered to sell me one, however, at a price I certainly cannot pay. I do know which Target Whirlwind you're referring to being the last one on Ebay and even know how much you paid for it as I passed it up due to the cost. Im confident that with patience and persistence I can find what Im looking for
---
#27 Posted: 01:00:25 22/05/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL Spyra! Please read my second post and subsequent thread... We've covered this already!!
---
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#28 Posted: 01:56:03 22/05/2012
Herpderp don't double post.
Anyway, I'm sure if you went searching in some small town where no one buys Skylanders you could find a Target exclusive Whirlwind... you'd just have to search lots and lots if Targets.
---
Are you my mummy?
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#29 Posted: 02:42:14 22/05/2012
Quote: DluA
LOL Spyra! Please read my second post and subsequent thread... We've covered this already!!

Well sorry.. >_o
#30 Posted: 06:36:40 22/05/2012
Quote: MRskylanderT
Good luck to you finding one....and those articles I consider to be very interesting as it made me by the only target exclusive whirlwind left on eBay at that time....so thanks for the sarcasm....good try....didn't quite work.

1. I'm not looking for one
2. I don't want one
3. I will never want one, so again, good luck getting 50x retail for your toy at any point
4. You are welcome for the sarcasm, it's my specialty
5. Good try at what? Making you look like a tool? You've done a pretty good job of that yourself, but I'll be happy to keep at it if you would like.
---
#31 Posted: 21:24:16 22/05/2012
@DluA: I went through my search history and found this listing. The seller originally had 2 Whirlwind figures going for $21.99 each and what was pictured was Target exclusive Whirlwind. He has since updated the main picture to show mass retail Whirlwind, but the first picture in the description area is definitely Target exclusive Whirlwind. I recognize it because it looked to have a wad of extra glue on the figure's head (I don't collect factory defects although some may consider them rare, I think they're stupid) and you can see the differences between that and the second picture which was recently added that they show the two different figures. It probably wouldn't hurt to try asking, but he never got back to me for a simple question I was asking him. Going through his history, he has never sold a single Whirlwind figure...so if you're looking for exclusive Whirlwind, it may not get any easier than this...
---
#32 Posted: 22:34:31 22/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Really appreciate your research on this Sykotek! Thanks for the lead. I sent him a note, hopefully I get lucky!?
---
#33 Posted: 20:37:32 23/05/2012
@DluA: Hopefully you hear back from him with some good news, but I definitely wouldn't buy it without him confirming it, that's for sure. I went far far back into his feedback and found a bunch of Whirlwinds that he sold, so it could be that he was just using the Target exclusive picture he first took a long while back for his Whirlwind auctions up until just recently. His feedback isn't exactly the best either, so yea definitely tread with caution and good luck on your hunt.
---
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#34 Posted: 20:48:51 23/05/2012
So, a collectors item????

Buy another to play, and find a Target one.
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#35 Posted: 22:00:03 23/05/2012
Should be discontinued than, maybe my next giveaway could be that! A Whirlwind!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#36 Posted: 02:21:22 24/05/2012
@DluA: So, did you check your PMs?
---
#37 Posted: 07:01:30 24/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Yup, just now did.. Thanks, I replied to ya.

Yeah, the EBay listing was a dead end. Seller only had the normal version. Ill keep remaining patient.... I hope!? smilie
---
#38 Posted: 00:50:55 09/06/2012
Did anyone find a target version whirlwind yet
---
#39 Posted: 01:06:04 09/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Why yes I did!!! Thanks to Sykotek! Found one on eBay for retail plus $4.00 shipping! Not too bad. I think you have to keep hunting on EBay for a deal... Good luck!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me