Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylander case recommendation topic. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 19:05:51 19/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I know there have been a couple of them before, however, I thought I'd do another one, and hopefully we can keep it all contained in this.

In this topic, I will discuss two cases in particular. There is a reason why I am only mentioning two. However, after I am done, others are free to chime in, showing their Skylander cases, why they chose that case, and why they like it.

Now then, before I go over my prefered casing for Skylanders constantly on the move, I will go over one Tigorous alerted us to. The Stanley Sortmaster XL.

I bought one thinking it would be bad, but it isn't. I must stress, that this case should only be bought, if you are keeping your collection at home. This case is THE BEST AT HOME CASE. It is a very durable case, with a hard base on the bottom, that will keep it from tipping over. It isn't made to be a good traveling case, in my opinion, due to how bulky it is.

The one I bought, is now in the hands of my neighbor across the street. I sold it to him, for his Skylanders collection. He asked me to deck it out for him. So, I took some pics, to show how Tigorous' prefered case looks like after pimping it out.

One last thing, before I post the pics. I also show the prefered spot for each Skylander, via placement of their sticker. If placed how I placed them, it's very consistent and only one character will have intrusion issues, which is Voodood and his axe. However, the other two intrusive Skylanders, Whirwind and Sunburn, are in slots that give them perfect clearance.

Here's a look at the case Tigorous and my neighbor uses -

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Now, if you take a look at the placement of stickers, you can see I used the cover slots on the pullout containers, for magical items. This is so each Skylander is somewhat visible through the case. That's why you see magical item stickers on the black plastic of the middle - vertical - casing.

Also to note, it's so unwise to place adventure pack levels in the 4 huge slots on the 2 fold-down containers. They will flop around like no other inside of there. So, it is best to keep them out of thise case entirely, as they are not secure in there.

I did think - after pimping out my neighbors case - of a good idea for those slots.

8 Giants, right? 2 per slot.

Now then, this case has the original 32 Skylanders covered, plus the 4 Legendary Skylanders. Dark Spyro can go in the top pullout container, while the other pullout container can be used to hold ONE adventure pack level, incase someone wants to have one around for using during single player, to wipe enemies. Best of all, if one were to put Dark Spyro into one of those cases, he could sit on top of the 37 character cards included with the figures.

So, in summary, this is what the Stanley XL can hold -

- 37 Skylanders
- 8 Magical Items
- 1 Adventure Pack (ie Crypt, Empire, Peak, Ship)
- 32 Character Cards
- 8 Giants

I will upload pics of the prefered positioning of each Skylander, inside the case, upon request.

Next up, is the Stanley Sortmaster Jr. case. This is THE BEST TRAVEL CASE. It is really quite simple. The way I show my case here in a minute, allows for a tight fit of all Skylanders. I have positioned them in a manner, that wings don't fold in, axe's don't bend, swords stay straight.

In the case of these cases, you will need 3.

The ONLY ISSUE with this case, is Zook. Where I have him placed, bends his rocket. I have devised a fix for this, allowing for ZERO clearance issues with the Skylanders, if placed exactly how I have mine placed.

The fix, is to swap spots with Dark Spyro. Give Zook Dark Spyro's slot in the Sortmaster Jr. case, and put Dark Spyro in Zook's slot, and there is no longer the bending of Zook's rocket.

The characters never slosh around so much, that one is in any danger of peeling paint on the Skylanders. The slots that have two Skylanders together, is safe, as in my positioning, they don't rub against each other.

Here is my prefered case for constantly traveling Skylanders. These cases snap together for easy travel -

TOP CASE -

[User Posted Image]

NOTE: At the time I took this pic, Voodood was turned in a manner, where his axe was bending. To fix this, simply turn him upside down, from the position you see him in, in the above pic.

MIDDLE CASE -

[User Posted Image]

BOTTOM CASE -

[User Posted Image]

With 3 Sortmaster Jr. cases, you can fit -

- 37 Skylanders
- 8 Magical Items
- 4 Adventure Pack Levels

I guess, in theory, if one were to want to carry around a set of 37 cards, one could put 18 cards underneath Drobot and 19 underneath Boomer, in the top case.

So, those are two of my prefered cases. One is perfect for at home storage, but not good for travel, while the other is good for travel, but lacks in access for at home storage and use.

Feel free to contribute your prefered cases, pics, and why, so others may determine the best storage method for their Skylanders collection.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:28 19/05/2012 by GameMaster78
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#2 Posted: 20:38:00 19/05/2012
2 Artmaster cases hold all 32 Skylanders. + Adventure items/packs, and cards.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#3 Posted: 00:52:39 20/05/2012
when you say zero clearance issues, what about sunburns wings?
it seems no matter where hes put there gonna hit the top
also theirs the whole "tail" thing on the pirate ship.
#4 Posted: 00:25:06 22/05/2012 | Topic Creator
If placed at the right angle, inside the Sortmaster Jr. cases, his wings won't bend.

However, if placed in the slot you see his sticker on, in the Sortmaster XL, it is wide open, so he definately doesn't have a chance to have bent wings.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#5 Posted: 04:31:28 22/05/2012
how much does it cost and where did you get it from
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#6 Posted: 04:59:03 22/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Walmart for Sortmaster Jr. cases, in which you will need 3. They can be found in the tool department for 8 dollars a piece.

Home Depot for the Sortmaster XL, for 27 and some change, after tax.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me