Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Toy Collector [CLOSED]
Vhraina Green Sparx Gems: 210
#1 Posted: 00:29:08 19/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been looking around at the different apps on the market for Skylanders, and I have to say that this one is by far the best one out there.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app...d492113953?mt=8

It's called Skylanders Toy Collector and it is very in-depth, giving you all the info you could need on damage outputs and which characters are rare and out. There's also a news story development article on there letting you know the latest in the world of the 'landers. I highly suggest checking it out. So far it's only on the itunes library, but maybe they'll port it to droid soon *crosses fingers*

The app is priced at $2.99 and is very much worth it! Hope this helps!

*from the site listed above*

Description
The best Skylander Collector App, which now includes the new Path Guide! Also recently added Wham-Shell, Pearl Hex, Camo, and Warnado! Skylanders Toy Collector is an awesome toy reference for the complete set of released toys and figures from the Skylanders games. Keep track of which characters you own and make a wishlist! Avoid buying duplicates. Rotate/Spin in a circle and see all sides. This update adds the new 'Path Guide', which helps you choose the best upgrade path for your own gameplay style! It includes a detailed comparative analysis for both paths for each Skylander. Never choose the wrong upgrade path again! Know the fun path, the dangerous path, or which path to use for story mode or for the battle arena. Compare one path against another, even between characters in a table using our summary ratings. Store which path you prefer, and whether to use a path for story or battle mode. Also new is a monthly 'News' section for collectors and gamers.

AWARDS:
- A top 10 Reference App in US, Canada, Australia, and many more!
- A New and Noteworthy App!
- A Hot Apple App!

Skylanders Toy Collector is not sponsored or endorsed by Activision Publishing, Inc. This app is a reference app for Skylanders and is not a game.

USER REVIEWS:
- I love this app! It let's you add favorite skylanders to a wishlist, and also a checklist. Totally worth the money! (Maddie)
- Wonderful and Helpful! Kept track of my skylander collection with great 360 views. I can now look at my wanted skylanders in full detail. Can't wait to collect them all! (Jonathan)

***Toy Collector***
- Checklist - Mark off which characters you own
- Wishlist - Use a five star rating to choose your favorites or organize into five groups
- Viewer - Rotate each character toy in a full 360 circle, seeing all sides
- Just swipe left or right to go to the next fig
- Shows/stores your favorite photo views, and settings
- HD Retina Photos

***Path Guide***
- Never choose the wrong path again!
- Extensive gameplay analysis of both paths (for each character)
- Analysis of both story and battle mode for both paths (for each character)
- Comparative path ranking table for all paths for all characters
- Original extensive research and professionally written journalistic content in 32 articles
- Exclusive to this app, and found nowhere else on the Internet in this detail
- Interactive - Save which path you prefer, and whether for battle/story modes
- Review Damage attack calculations for each path
- Recommended hats to support a path
- Card Stats & Game Stats for each character provided for reference

***News and Info***
- Monthly news articles of interest for the world of Skylanders and collecting
- Includes three articles in this first update

Also:
- Everything you do backs up to iTunes
- A Universal app for iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch
- All content is local, take your collection with you, like when you go to pick out your next Skylander, or decide which path to choose!
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:32:50 19/05/2012 by Vhraina
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#2 Posted: 01:12:20 19/05/2012
Im not paying $3.00 for an unofficial app!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#3 Posted: 01:20:25 19/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Wasn't aiming to offend by telling you about an unofficial app. Was just giving a heads up on a good one. *shrug* Honestly, I don't care if it is unofficial. I just care about the quality and content.
---
No longer an active member of DS. Will no longer be updating pictures. Not worth it.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#4 Posted: 01:24:03 19/05/2012
Its also missing GITDs and clears
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#5 Posted: 01:25:17 19/05/2012 | Topic Creator
They do regular updates. Great way to nitpic an app you don't have or use.

*edit* in one of the news articles it does state that the app will be updated as they get the figures to put into the app.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:24 19/05/2012 by Vhraina
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 01:29:21 19/05/2012
If Activision made an official app, it'd have all the data on it, but only unlock once you bought the figures.
[User Posted Image]

Looks cool, but would be even more awesome at a free price tag. Shame they haven't released any good things for Android and that Cloud Patrol for us yet...
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#7 Posted: 01:32:57 19/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I agree about Cloud Patrol, certainly. I'd like it if Skylanders were free, but they're not. :/
---
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#8 Posted: 02:52:41 19/05/2012
I think someone on this forum made it. There was an old thread were it stated
"Guys look at my skylanders app!" and then people started arguing about the price.
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
#9 Posted: 03:04:20 19/05/2012 | Topic Creator
i hadn't seen it. sorry for the repost. i'll just stick to pictures and stay quiet. :/
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#10 Posted: 03:10:55 19/05/2012
People will complain about anything they can't have for free. Entitlement complexes are very common. Everyone thinks every app on every online store should be free, but reality says that's insane wishful thinking by naive people. Sorry, but it's true.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#11 Posted: 09:27:12 19/05/2012
Here's the thread. Don't worry about the reposting, it happens all the time. Usually people posting about their collection or OMg I got this figure, when there are stickies on the top of the page.

Anyway this app just got an update with Wham-Shell, news section and path recommendations. It's a fine app and I still recommend it smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#12 Posted: 02:39:09 21/05/2012
Android smilie
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
tiker Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#13 Posted: 15:51:30 22/05/2012
Wrote my own web based page(s) to collect. Runs on any device that has a web browser. smilie
---
Collection List and image
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me