Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Scalping by the numbers [CLOSED]
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#1 Posted: 15:28:42 18/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I completed our collection of skylanders several weeks ago and out decided to ebay a couple of camos and warnados we had left over. (bad form on my part, I know, but I was interested in understanding the process)**

Cost: $38.74 (does not include gas, mileage or time spent looking for figures or going to post office)
Net Profit: $55.20

Fees: 14.8%
ROI: 42.5%
Profit Margin: 41.5%

The numbers are favorable (overstated since they do not consider any indirect costs), yet unless you had a connection for constant supply it is doubtful it would be have been highly profitable.

Scalpers, can you confirm or deny this claim?
---
Got 38
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#2 Posted: 21:01:58 18/05/2012
I am not a scalper, but I bought an extra Camo Ignitor and Warnado 3 pack at Best Buy for a friend. I later found out he had them already and decided to sell on ebay. I set it at 99 cents starting bid and free shipping. It got up to $55.99. I think it really depends on how rare a figure is at the moment. It used to be any figure would sell for a high price, now only specific ones are in high demands. If you're really looking to be a jerk, then yes, scalping is worth it.
---
Are you my mummy?
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#3 Posted: 02:05:35 19/05/2012
Scalping aint good.

DP for $10,000.00! smilie

Who does this?!

P.S No, I dont sell Skylanders.
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#4 Posted: 02:10:36 19/05/2012
Have you ever seen a DP for that much? Because that would be just ridiculous if you had...
---
Are you my mummy?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me