Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Outrageous [CLOSED]
MrQuent Green Sparx Gems: 351
#1 Posted: 11:26:48 17/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Now that the final wave of Skylanders are being dispatched, eBay is being flooded with Camo's and Warnado's at OTT prices, and I've seen a couple of Wham-Shells on there at 75£.

Most of the Camos and Warnados have Best Offers next to them, so I've offered everyone 7.99, with a little note saying retail price currently in toys r us and tesco, but always get declined.

I know these little critters are collectors pieces, but they are also little figures for kids, and people are just thinking greedily by buying more than 1 to sell on ebay at a higer price to make a profit.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#2 Posted: 12:20:38 17/05/2012
i did see some bad paint jobs on a few camos, so be aware of this. the speed at the chinese factory have been put on full throttle.. just saying.
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#3 Posted: 13:21:18 17/05/2012
I passed on a camo at a gamestop here because of a bad paint job....
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 14:13:29 17/05/2012
For the most part, ebayers will hold onto every thread they can and try to get above what they paid for it. Even if it means they'll sit on it for quite a while. It sounds horrible, but I know we can only make fun of them here; buying something and flipping it to make a profit? That happens all the time and is kind of morally wrong, but not that bad of a business plan.

It sucks, but...best you could probably do is ask them what they're looking, and try to freeball around that number.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#5 Posted: 14:20:54 17/05/2012
They just see people on forums desperate to get the figures. If people just wait, they will get all the figures they need.

The prices on ebay has dropped on every item I see. Only people with too much money than sense are still buying the figures at over RRP.

The market has fallen through. I'm just waiting for the figures such as the variants to be re-released again, after the final wave in about June. After that, I see the regular figures being sold off on sale cheap by Stores to get rid of stocks. As you see the early waves are still around and just sitting on shelves. Most people have what they want. Others are waiting to get the rest cheap.
MissBarghest Green Sparx Gems: 333
#6 Posted: 17:08:37 17/05/2012
I have noticed some sloppy paint jobs recently. The Camo I bought at GAME is actually very good except for a microscopic speck on one of his eyes and a little scratch of yellow on his neck but I don't really care because he is otherwise perfect.
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#7 Posted: 17:29:56 17/05/2012
If I was selling something on eBay, I wouldn't take retail for it either because after the fees, I would be losing money. Instead I would come here and sell it at retail without taking a loss.
cubbi54 Green Sparx Gems: 245
#8 Posted: 18:04:07 17/05/2012
The whole point of eBay is to make money, I can't blame folks for trying to earn some extra bread. That said I see Camo & Warnado at Walmart alot, trying calling your local Walmart(s) around 1 or 2 pm to see if they got them. Wally will hold them for you until you can make it in.
---
37/38 Only need smilie
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#9 Posted: 22:20:20 17/05/2012
Greed is bad guys, it get's no one anywhere. And this is the prime example of how bad greed can be, never mind the fact that the prices were too high. Also if they keep this up, the second or third Skylanders game will shut itself down. Meaning, there will be no more Skylanders if this keeps up.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#10 Posted: 22:39:08 17/05/2012
Actually greed is the centre-pin of Western society and how nations got to be developed. Only excessive greed is bad.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#11 Posted: 23:23:45 17/05/2012
My camo has a few scratches on his claws
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#12 Posted: 00:10:27 18/05/2012
It's not greed if you need to make a living. Is it greedy to want to pay your electric bill and keep the lights on? Because I'm sure people have sold Skylanders for that. Not all of Skylanders resale is fueling Scrooge McDuck moneypits. The world isn't so abstract. I'd sell them at the drop of a hat if I ever felt I wouldn't be able to make ends meet without the revenue they provide, and I'd hope that everyone else would put their own welfare above toy collector ethics and do the same. The whole eBay thing is far more multidimensional than anyone here is making it out to be. I'm sure there are people who do it for a quick buck, but to others, that quick buck is the difference between making ends meet and falling behind. That's way more important than toys.
jasonsmom Green Sparx Gems: 324
#13 Posted: 00:54:36 18/05/2012
well put. I say sell them for whatever someone is willing to pay.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me