Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Hardest Element to Collect Every Character
Page 1 of 1
Hardest Element to Collect Every Character [CLOSED]
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#1 Posted: 02:16:17 14/05/2012 | Topic Creator
The other day I was telling my friend how I only had a couple Skylanders left to find, and that led to a discussion about the hardest element to complete a set of. By this I mean all 4 Skylanders of an element, discluding variants, legendaries, and Dark Spyro. Here is my list on how hard each element is to complete in order of difficulty.

1(hardest)- Water. You may laugh, but hear me out. Gill Grunt MUST be bought in a Starter Pack, making him difficult to find if you only own a 3DS. Not many people are in this situation, but I considered it. Slam Bam mist be bought in a semi hard to find Adventure Pack, and Wham Shell is impossible to find.

2- Fire. Ignitor is hard for some to find, and Dragon's Peak is pretty difficult to find as well. And for whatever reason I can't find Flameslinger in a single anywhere.

3- Air. Whirlwind was initially the rarest and most sought after Skylanders(not anymore, obviously), Lightning Rod isn't too easy to find, and for many Warnado can't be found anywhere.

4- Life. Camo is pretty hard for some people to find, as well as Zook.

5- Earth. The Pirate Seas Adventure Pack and the Prism Break single are hard for some to find.

6- Magic. Voodood single is hard for some people to find for whatever reason.

7- Undead. Had to put it somewhere.

8(easiest)- Tech. Drobot, Boomer, and Drill Seargent are everywhere, and all 4 were available at launch/Wave 1.

So do you agree with this list? Make your own order and reasons why.
---
Are you my mummy?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:21 14/05/2012 by JuLeDoS
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#2 Posted: 02:47:43 14/05/2012
Water-Whammy
Fire-Sunburn
Air-Warnado
Life-Camo
Earth-Terrafin
Magic-Double Trouble
Undead-Cynder
Tech-Drill Seargent

These are the ones That I got last out of the four for each element. Therefore making them the hardest to find.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10108
#3 Posted: 03:47:44 14/05/2012
Water- Wham Shell, though I don't actually want him.

Fire- None of the fire Skylanders are particularly hard to find where I live.

Air- I bought Sonic Boom the first time I found her. Lucky, because I never saw another one after that.

Life- Stump Smash. At first he was pretty common, but now I can only find him in the occasional triple pack.

Earth- Terrafin and PrismBreak

Magic- Spyro. I've only seen him in starter packs, and that's all.

Undead- Cynder. I've been looking for her for quite some time now, but haven't seen her.

Tech- Boomer. I haven't seen him in ages.
#4 Posted: 07:04:37 14/05/2012 | Topic Creator
You don't have to put the elements in that particular order. It's the order YOU think is hardest.
---
Are you my mummy?
Geekycat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1184
#5 Posted: 07:06:36 14/05/2012
Water- Wham shell isn't even out in the UK yet.
Magic- Never seen Voodood since the end of wave one, and although you can get other varients, the plain old spyro only comes in the starter.
Fire- Sunburn is, umm, shall I say UNCOMMON, as I have it, but other have found it hard, and I have still yet to find ignitor.
Air- Par Sonic Boom, all the air skylanders have been hard to find after their release.
Life- Camo didn't come out until wave 5.
Earth- I still don't have Terrafin.
Undead- Just because of Cynder.
Tech- All have been out since release. My first finished element.
---
If you can't think of something clever to say, ask someone like me.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#6 Posted: 11:50:12 14/05/2012
For me:
Water-still need Wham shell
Life-still need Camo
Air-still need Warnado
Fire-Ignitor (most recent completed)
Undead-Cynder (second most recent completed)
Magic-Double trouble (third most recent completed)
Tech-(I got them all for Christmas)
Earth-(I got them all for Christmas)
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#7 Posted: 12:42:12 14/05/2012
Only guy that was hard to find, was Wham Shell. Everybody else I found, I found when the game was first released, through wave releases, or from Ebay
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 14:37:35 14/05/2012
For me:

Magic: Double Trouble. If it wasn't for me miraculously finding the 3 pack, I probably still wouldn't have him.
Water: Wham-Shell. Hardest sucker in the bunch. Close second was Slam Bam, who I had the same problem with above.
Tech: Really, I didn't have any trouble finding any of these guys. Maybe Drill Sarge, because I decided to start collecting the variants after Christmas so I wanted the variant box. Didn't find it though..
Earth: Dino-Rang surprisingly. I started collecting all of them after Christmas, so I was hunting for the Wave 2 guys. I happened upon a Walmart with all 3, but I decided against getting DR, thinking I'd find him again. How very wrong I was. I ended up finding him up in Sandusky, last one in Meijers.
Air: Warnado. I think we all know why.
Life: Camo. Again, I think you know why.
Fire: No trouble here either, as I easily found them all and had Ignitor from the 3DS pack. Sunburn probably, but my cousin saved me a Dragon's Peak, so I didn't have to worry about hunting it.
Undead: Cynder. She was the first one I ended up having to buy online from Gamestop. I didn't even see any here until about a month ago surprisingly.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#9 Posted: 14:54:03 14/05/2012
1.Water: Wham-Shell. Only because I won a contest at Portalmasters.net do I have him.
2. Life/Air: I got both Camo and Warnado by catching the first Gamestop sale of them. If I had not I would not have them right now.
3. Life/Air: See above
4. Fire: I waited in line for an hour to get Dragon's Peak, and that completed th Fire.
5. Magic/Undead: I found both Double Trouble and Cynder at Best Buy just a couple days after they were released.
6. Magic/Undead: See above
7. Earth: I got Dino-Rang and Prism Break for Cristmas and 1 week later I got Terrafin and Bash.
8. Tech: Got them all on Cristmas with the game.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#10 Posted: 16:07:58 14/05/2012
Earth: Prism Break-only seen him in the triple pack
Air: None. To be fair, they have all been online in the UK for periods of time.
Life: Stump Smash-I have only seen him in a triple pack too. All the rest are pretty easy to find.
Fire: Ignitor, since Eruptor and Flameslinger have been online for ages, and Sunburn was at my Smyths for about a day, so he would have been easy if I hadn't got him.
Magic: Voodood-I've only seen him in a triple pack as well.
Water: Slam Bam used to be hard to find-but was at my Smyths for about a week, and has been online frequently, but Wham-Shell still hasn't arrived in England.
Tech: I would say Drobot-I haven't actually seen him much in person, while Trigg's, Boomer and Drill Sergeant are more common.
Undead: None-they are all really quite common, even Cynder.

I reckon that you could actually buy pretty much all of the skylanders online apart from EOI, DP and PS(as well as Wham-Shell) online right now if you are in the UK.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#11 Posted: 22:35:35 14/05/2012
Well in general it depends because what if you only got the 3ds. Then spyro, grill grunt, and trig would be hard to find without buying another pack. Well for me it's:

Magic: Voodood, haven't seen him since forever last time I saw him was in a triple pack at TRU on Saturday and in a single pack about 4, months ago.

Water: Wham Shell, really hard to find.

Earth: Prism Break and Terrafin, I have not seen these guys in a LONG time.

Undead: Cynder, I have seen the others a lot but not her. Haven't seen her in like three weeks.

Tech: Drill Sergant, really haven't seen him in like two weeks.

Fire: Ignitor and Sunburn, I haven't seen sunburn. In like a few weeks and the same with ignitor not counting the 3DS.

Life: Camo, saw him one time at GameStop with a lot of others and that was it. Also Zook, saw him twice in stores and never again.

Air: All except whirlwind, Lighning rod i have only seen once in a store and that was in a three pack. Sonic boom, I occasionally see her but haven't in awhile. And warnado, same as Camo.
Toyger Green Sparx Gems: 453
#12 Posted: 00:48:37 15/05/2012
I agree with your list =)
I would only change one thing, put fire below water air and life.
I started collecting just a month ago, and many of them I've only seen once(and bought at the spot smilie )
Now I only lack camo, warnado and wham-shell (don't think he's out in UK yet, or so I've heard), as well as legendary Trigger Happy.
The last I got was the Adventure Packs, only had Pirate Seas, found the other three last week =D
Wow was the items more useful than I'd thought smilie
---
Fav8: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie (top 10: smiliesmilie)
Own 35/37 - Need smiliesmilie
My DeviantArt: http://toyger.deviantart.com/
#13 Posted: 00:54:36 15/05/2012 | Topic Creator
The reason I put fire below air and life is because out of the three I still need, 2 are fire! And I was extremely lucky in that the Air and Life elements were the first I completed the set for, which is why they aren't above fire for me. But I definitely see how they're hard, both have a Wave 4 and 5 character.
---
Are you my mummy?
Sisqo4ever Green Sparx Gems: 162
#14 Posted: 01:22:26 15/05/2012
Earth- man took me forever just to find one.
Water- my favorite element was hard to find. Even though I don't like walm shell
Magic- I know u said not including dark spyro but he's only advaible though 3ds which I don't have, and double trouble was hard to find
Wind- cause of lightning rod and warnado the other two I had no problem even though I paid 25 for whirl wind cause she was rare.
Life- cause of camo
Fire- ignitor was hard to find even though I don't like him. Sun burn is hard for a lot to find.
Tec- I started collecting a little late and had a hard time finding dro bot
Undead- a peace of cake all is common around where I live. Cynder was a little tough at first but not anymore
#15 Posted: 01:30:10 15/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Kind of amazed at how Double Trouble is hard for some people to find. What they usually have when I walk into a store is Double Trouble, Cynder, Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf, Drill Seargent, Eruptor, Bash, Drobot, Whirlwind, and Darklight Crypt.
---
Are you my mummy?
Sisqo4ever Green Sparx Gems: 162
#16 Posted: 01:51:29 15/05/2012
When I walk into a store usually they have flame slinger, chop chop, hex, eruptor, whirl wind, sonic boom, boomer and pirate seas. Now tru here has pretty much everything in stock now, except wave 5, double trouble, Dino ring and dragon peak.
Toyger Green Sparx Gems: 453
#17 Posted: 02:02:52 15/05/2012
Hehe, earth was the hardest for me to find, took me weeks to find my first (And I've only been collecting since April smilie )
After struggling so much to find even one, Earth, ironically, became the first I had all of =P
---
Fav8: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie (top 10: smiliesmilie)
Own 35/37 - Need smiliesmilie
My DeviantArt: http://toyger.deviantart.com/
Thelawtman Red Sparx Gems: 47
#18 Posted: 11:50:33 15/05/2012
Earth for me, around here there is only bash I only need 1 of every other element but I need 3 of the earth ones.
Stealth Elf 32 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#19 Posted: 11:52:06 17/05/2012
Quote: JuLeDoS
The other day I was telling my friend how I only had a couple Skylanders left to find, and that led to a discussion about the hardest element to complete a set of. By this I mean all 4 Skylanders of an element, discluding variants, legendaries, and Dark Spyro. Here is my list on how hard each element is to complete in order of difficulty.

1(hardest)- Water. You may laugh, but hear me out. Gill Grunt MUST be bought in a Starter Pack, making him difficult to find if you only own a 3DS. Not many people are in this situation, but I considered it. Slam Bam mist be bought in a semi hard to find Adventure Pack, and Wham Shell is impossible to find.

2- Fire. Ignitor is hard for some to find, and Dragon's Peak is pretty difficult to find as well. And for whatever reason I can't find Flameslinger in a single anywhere.

3- Air. Whirlwind was initially the rarest and most sought after Skylanders(not anymore, obviously), Lightning Rod isn't too easy to find, and for many Warnado can't be found anywhere.

4- Life. Camo is pretty hard for some people to find, as well as Zook.

5- Earth. The Pirate Seas Adventure Pack and the Prism Break single are hard for some to find.

6- Magic. Voodood single is hard for some people to find for whatever reason.

7- Undead. Had to put it somewhere.

8(easiest)- Tech. Drobot, Boomer, and Drill Seargent are everywhere, and all 4 were available at launch/Wave 1.

So do you agree with this list? Make your own order and reasons why.

smilie is possible. I have him.

Anyhow, 1- Tech
2- Water
3- Air
4-Life
5- Earth
6- Undead
7-Fire
8- Magic

I will edit and/or give reasons
---
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I posted! smilie My Other Site, although I rarely use it. I love Godsmack! Its a rock band.
#20 Posted: 16:34:49 17/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Woah, why was tech hardest for you? I thought it was pretty easy. And I know Wham Shell isn't imposssible, but me and many others are having trouble finding them. I recently found Sunburn and Flameslinger online, but my list remains the same.
---
Are you my mummy?
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#21 Posted: 01:38:59 30/05/2012
tech: boomer cause I only saw it once
life: camo! it's "impossible" to find one but I am getting one from my friend!
water:whammy! same reason as camo but not getting it
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#22 Posted: 02:42:13 30/05/2012
Camo: He's the only Skylander I bough tin a 3-pack, so yeah. Maybe I'm reading this topic wrong. smilie
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#23 Posted: 07:32:56 30/05/2012 | Topic Creator
It's the order of hardest to least hardest element to find.
---
Are you my mummy?
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#24 Posted: 20:05:55 30/05/2012
Oh. In that case:

1- Fire
2- Magic
3- Air
4-Leaf
5- Undead
6- Earth
7-Water
8- Tech

Yes, I think Life is a dumb name for some flowers.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Johnster1 Red Sparx Gems: 69
#25 Posted: 12:19:24 31/05/2012
Quote: JuLeDoS
You don't have to put the elements in that particular order. It's the order YOU think is hardest.

Agreed. With the game being international and the toys mostly from retail, it's hard to say what's the most difficult to get. I think models like Dark Spyro and Cynder would be hardest, seeing as they were 3DS exclusive. Furthermore, a lot of the Dark Spyro models are pretty easy to find in the UK in singlepacks. The stock changes all the time, so the results will change each day.
---
Spyro gamer since 1998. JohnGreasyGamer on YouTube (the number one source for number two games).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me