Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > GameStop selling a Skylander's Ultimate Bundle - with Crystal figures!
Page 1 of 1
GameStop selling a Skylander's Ultimate Bundle - with Crystal figures! [CLOSED]
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#1 Posted: 21:30:10 03/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I found this posted on CAG. GameStop is selling a Skylander's Ultimate Bundle - with Crystal Cynder! for $299.99! It probably means, coupled with the figures showing up on the PowerUp Rewards site that you'll never see another variant in a GameStop location again.

Bundle Includes:

Crystal Cynder!

Skylanders Starter Pack (Wii)

Adventure packs:

• Darklight Crypt
  • Pirate Seas
  • Empire of Ice

Skylanders characters:

• Prism Break
  • Boomer
  • Voodood
  • Zap
  • Eruptor
  • Wrecking Ball
  • Dino-Rang
  • Sonic Boom
  • Stump Smash
  • Drobot
  • Bash
  • Chop Chop
  • Flameslinger
  • Stealth Elf
  • Double Trouble
  • Drill Sergeant
  • Whirlwind

Skylanders Official Strategy Guide

Missing to complete a full set:
  • Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack (comes w/Sunburn)
  • Ignitor
  • Hex
  • Camo
  • Cynder
  • Warnado
  • Wham-Shell
  • Zook
  • Lightning Rod
  • Legendary Bash
  • Legendary Chop Chop
  • Legendary Spyro
  • Legendary Trigger Happy
  • Dark Spyro

Edit 3: New bundles discovered.

Ultimate Crystal Wham-Shell Bundle for $499.77
Ultimate Crystal Stealth Elf Bundle for $499.77

These new bundles add a

• Black Nintendo Wii Bundle with New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Music CD
  • Skylanders Tower case

...and for the Crystal Stealth Elf Bundle, replaces the regular Stealth Elf figure with a regular Cynder instead.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:24:05 05/05/2012 by sykotek
Wzd081 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#2 Posted: 21:38:45 03/05/2012
Wow you get almost all of the skylanders out. Makes me wish I would have waited.
Jack Sinatra Green Sparx Gems: 315
#3 Posted: 21:40:25 03/05/2012
This is a little upsetting to me as had they did this three months ago I would've bought this and saved a lot time hunting down figures...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#4 Posted: 21:51:18 03/05/2012
doesnt have wave 4 or 5 in it. or dragons peak adventure pack. so if youve been looking for the latest that wouldnt have saved you any trouble. but damn..... crystal cynder..... i want that.. super want....
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
AchillesPDX Blue Sparx Gems: 625
#5 Posted: 21:56:33 03/05/2012
Looks like it's about $100 over MSRP... so still a deal for the Crystal Cynder I guess.

Edit: Errr... wait... didn't realize it came with the starter pack and strategy guide... so only like $40 over MSRP.
---
Need: Hot Dog, Scorpion Striker, Rattle Shake, Rubble Rouser, Stink Bomb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:30 03/05/2012 by AchillesPDX
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#6 Posted: 21:58:31 03/05/2012
My question is how did they get these?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 21:58:39 03/05/2012
Hmm. not bad, especially if you were just getting into the series.

Pass though. If I find a variant in stores, then good. I'm not buying a whole second set just for that one thing.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
AchillesPDX Blue Sparx Gems: 625
#8 Posted: 22:36:54 03/05/2012
Quote: Zook

Isn't it obvious? Corporate is going through their shipments before they send them to the stores. Which means you'll never see another variant in-store again. Pretty sleazy if you ask me.
---
Need: Hot Dog, Scorpion Striker, Rattle Shake, Rubble Rouser, Stink Bomb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:17 03/05/2012 by AchillesPDX
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#9 Posted: 22:39:25 03/05/2012
Quote: AchillesPDX

Isn't it obvious? Corporate is going through their shipments before they send them to the stores. Which means you'll never see another variant in-store again. Pretty sleazy if you ask me.

Yeah, I figured that was the reason. You would think a big company wouldn't do such a thing. At least they aren't selling the variant by itself for $299.
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#10 Posted: 22:40:02 03/05/2012
This might be a better deal for me. It seems to have near all the Skylanders that i want plus the stretegy guide. I should try to get it.
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#11 Posted: 22:41:25 03/05/2012
the link is broken.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#12 Posted: 22:43:05 03/05/2012
Quote: trentd78
the link is broken.

working link ... http://www.gamestop.com/toys/s...e-bundle/101868
Jack Sinatra Green Sparx Gems: 315
#13 Posted: 22:49:51 03/05/2012
Think it's time to stop buying from Gamestop...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#14 Posted: 22:54:56 03/05/2012
They are crazy.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#15 Posted: 23:01:21 03/05/2012
We have at least 2 GameStop employees on this site and they have mentioned a number of times that their Skylanders are sorted before being sent out from the distribution center... the boxes they get often have unusual Skylander combinations and different codes on their boxes.

I imagine that not many (if any) variants have made it to GameStop stores since they realised they existed and were worth money... I'd be interested to hear if anyone had actually seen/got a variant from a GameStop and if so when?
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
SkyWarrior23 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#16 Posted: 23:35:03 03/05/2012
The site currently shows Not Available. Was this set available for purchase earlier today or did they just put the page up without any available yet?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 23:36:24 03/05/2012
someone bought it! smilie
#18 Posted: 23:40:15 03/05/2012 | Topic Creator
It was available for purchase. They probably ran out of Crystal Cynders, so the bundle is OOS now. It's not a stretch to believe that since Crystal Cynders have been selling for a high price on eBay that all those bundles have been snatched up by now.
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#19 Posted: 23:45:44 03/05/2012
That bundle honestly doesn't sound that bad, if it didn't come out so late.

Hopefully that means they're making additional Cynders for that bundle instead of scalping the very few they'd getting in stock.
But this is GameStop, so...
---
#all Spyros are valid
#20 Posted: 23:47:33 03/05/2012
Quote: Okaps
That bundle honestly doesn't sound that bad, if it didn't come out so late.

Hopefully thatuiondle instead of scalping the very few they'd getting in stock.
But this is GameStop, so...

what?
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#21 Posted: 23:54:39 03/05/2012
$366 worth of skylanders products.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#22 Posted: 23:55:19 03/05/2012
yup.........
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#23 Posted: 13:10:47 04/05/2012
Im so tired of variants. These thibgs will not be worth anything in the future. They are hot now but next year we will all look back and see what a waste of money these variants were. Im not buying anynore skylanders period.
zepolystek Green Sparx Gems: 108
#24 Posted: 14:00:04 04/05/2012
$366 worth.. um dont think so..
Starter pack as low as $35... Adventure packs as low as $20. Figures aslow as $8... so $239 would've been my price... I guess if someone wanted to be special and get a crystal one or if hey were smart enough to buy the bundle and sell the cnder on ebay to pretty much get the game for free ...
---
HAVE smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
viperx27 Green Sparx Gems: 196
#25 Posted: 17:55:39 04/05/2012

Yeah, I figured that was the reason. You would think a big company wouldn't do such a thing. At least they aren't selling the variant by itself for $299.

Its worse, they're selling the silver and gold variants for rewards points, valued in the multiple thousands of dollars worth of points
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie/smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie*/smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie/smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie/smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie/smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie/smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie/smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#26 Posted: 18:14:29 04/05/2012
Okay...hold up guys. Corporate isn't going through their boxes. I've been there when shipments come in. Their boxes come sealed and are factory sealed, not opened up and gutted of their figures. The online store gets shipments in. They sell theirs as singles. So they have to open boxes. As they go through boxes, they come across the chase figures. They pull the chase figures and can't sell them as you requested to purchase a Cynder, not a crystal one. So they probably had a dozen of these sitting in their warehouse. So they are just finding a way to get rid of their overstock of the older figures by offering a rare one and it makes perfect sense to do so. Don't hate on them. They really don't care about the chase figures. But it helps sell their product.

Ugh...
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#27 Posted: 23:14:40 04/05/2012
I cry foul. This is not a personal attack against xero but an insidious corporate policy.

The variants are a random variation and have the same barcode as the regular one. It is meant to be sold retail at the same price as a regular one.

If the plastic was opaque, you would not know if you had a variant or not until you opened it.

The company is profiteering on this by following the policy described and not simply putting it on a shelf for consumers to purchase (at standard shelf price).
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#28 Posted: 23:28:27 04/05/2012

I work for Gamestop. While I work for the retail outlet not corporate I can almost guarantee this is the reason. Our boxes come to us already picked through. smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#29 Posted: 23:30:23 04/05/2012
FYI they now have a Crystal S Elf and Whamshell bundle, They cost more and include a Wii, Whamshell was sold out when I found it, thought about getting the Elf pack, cause I don't have a wii and its not a bad value but Gamestop doesn't like my card for whatever reason or well wasn't meant to be
#30 Posted: 23:35:41 04/05/2012
Quote: xerokills
Okay...hold up guys. Corporate isn't going through their boxes. I've been there when shipments come in. Their boxes come sealed and are factory sealed, not opened up and gutted of their figures. The online store gets shipments in. They sell theirs as singles. So they have to open boxes. As they go through boxes, they come across the chase figures. They pull the chase figures and can't sell them as you requested to purchase a Cynder, not a crystal one. So they probably had a dozen of these sitting in their warehouse. So they are just finding a way to get rid of their overstock of the older figures by offering a rare one and it makes perfect sense to do so. Don't hate on them. They really don't care about the chase figures. But it helps sell their product.

Ugh...

Sorry man but we even got an email saying out boxes have been pre-sorted from corporate. The stores themselves get nothing directly my any wholesaler or distributor. Every goes to sort warehouse first then sent off to each store as needed. When we get a shipments of stuff in we get a manifest. For Skylanders it doesn't detail what we are getting, but it does tell us how many.

I seriously think once corporate sniffed out the aftermarket value of variants they started to hold them during pre-sort. We get them in the original box, sometimes, but its already been opened and repacked.

EDIT as much as I loathe this concept, they way they did to help move the old unwanted clutter guys, is genius on their part. smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:16 04/05/2012 by StormbringerGT
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#31 Posted: 10:03:24 05/05/2012
Store level, head office level, no matter...

It is profiteering just like an employee skimming the cream to scalp is profiteering.

Evil, insidious and unfair!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#32 Posted: 11:05:32 05/05/2012
So its 300 for Crystal Cynder but 400 for Crystal Wham Shell and Stealth Elf?
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SillyBat Red Sparx Gems: 37
#33 Posted: 12:34:16 05/05/2012
You get an actual Wii with the wham shell and stealth elf starter bundle. So, it's like a Wii starter pack with Skylanders for bonus
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#34 Posted: 14:03:05 05/05/2012
LOL! I was thinking about buying those. Then I got smart.

I kept thinking what someone else was probably thinking.

"Oh, man. I can buy that, and easily sell the Wii, starter pack, and extra figures."

Then I looked at Ebay. Wii's have a hard time selling on Ebay.

That, and the clears are popping up so much faster now, in North America, that I think they will start dropping in price soon, just like pearl Hex.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#35 Posted: 18:19:21 05/05/2012
I'm just glad I'm not interested in them.

Like I'm glad that Lottie doesn't like diamonds, roses or designer anything. My wallet is mucho fat! smilie
---
#36 Posted: 19:26:08 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator
OP has been updated with new info on newly discovered Crystal Bundle offers from GameStop.
---
Inkie566 Green Sparx Gems: 223
#37 Posted: 21:08:11 05/05/2012
I was wondering, do the special edition Skylanders like the crystal, silver, & gold ones show up any different on the screen?
Kirby_rules Ripto Gems: 504
#38 Posted: 21:22:00 05/05/2012
I saw a crystal Stealth Elf at Wal*Mart...
#39 Posted: 21:38:24 05/05/2012
Quote: Inkie566
I was wondering, do the special edition Skylanders like the crystal, silver, & gold ones show up any different on the screen?

No. Isn't that cool?
---
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#40 Posted: 00:55:28 06/05/2012
Quote: Kirby_rules

Really? cool did you buy it?
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#41 Posted: 01:29:38 06/05/2012
I've been considering the Wii bundle since my uncle has wanted a Wii for quite some time and he's been interested in Skylanders ever since I asked him to find some for me, but that bundle tacks on that nasty tower case just to bump the price to an even $500, making it even less of a deal than the Wii-less one.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#42 Posted: 01:36:28 06/05/2012
Considering saving up for the Wii one. If its still there again in a month or two or so xD;;
Kirby_rules Ripto Gems: 504
#43 Posted: 01:47:20 06/05/2012
Quote: Themrmusicman14
Quote: Kirby_rules

Really? cool did you buy it?

Nope! Im going back tommorrow to see if I can get a Chop Chop,Bash,or anyone else I don't have..
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#44 Posted: 22:28:09 18/05/2012
Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Crystal Cynder bundle is back up. And they also have a Dragon's Peak bundle that comes with Dragon's Peak, Zap, Dino Rang, Stealth Elf, Whirlwind, and Chop Chop for $70. You won't save any money by buying that bundle, but it just may be worth it if you need all of those Skylanders and just can't find Dragon's Peak.
http://www.gamestop.com/collec...e-bundle/101993
---
Are you my mummy?
drummerw Green Sparx Gems: 335
#45 Posted: 00:22:39 19/05/2012
if I lived in america would still buy that even though I have the normal figures, I do not have a wii stater pack or the crystal cynder, I would sell the rest for retail.
---
37/37 + Blue bash + Walmart Red drill Segant
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me