Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Will my rare variations be worth a lot of money in 10 years time.
Page 1 of 1
Will my rare variations be worth a lot of money in 10 years time. [CLOSED]
MRskylanderT Yellow Sparx Gems: 1080
#1 Posted: 20:52:26 01/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Just wondering if my rare gold/silver/pearl hex/metallic cynder and glow in te dark wrecking ball be worth a lot of money in 10 years time?
---
***** I have The Extremely Rare Arena Tour Dark Spyros *****
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 20:55:01 01/05/2012
It's hard to say. If you were buying them purely for profit down the road, you're probably setting yourself up for disappoint. Really, the ones like Gold/Silvers seem to be coming down in price now. If you're going to sell them, sell them now.

Pearl Hex/Metallic Cynder will probably still be up there in price, but I see that coming down soon.

Skylanders is at it's peak now, and if you're looking for a profit they're only going to go down. Like the Beanie Babies, Furby, Zu Zu Pets, etc.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ws1995 Red Sparx Gems: 26
#3 Posted: 21:01:51 01/05/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
If you're going to sell them, sell them now.

Skylanders is at it's peak now, and if you're looking for a profit they're only going to go down. Like the Beanie Babies, Furby, Zu Zu Pets, etc.

++++1
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:04:58 01/05/2012 by ws1995
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#4 Posted: 21:27:37 01/05/2012
This all depends on what kind of dent Skylanders is making in pop culture. If it becomes this generation's Pokemon, then first edition characters will be worth way more in ten years. If it turns out to be a fad, now's the time to sell. Either way, there's no way of knowing today what they will be worth and what they won't.
MRskylanderT Yellow Sparx Gems: 1080
#5 Posted: 21:30:52 01/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, I'm going to keep them and give it to my sons in 10 years. If they are worth money by then excellent. If not, they don't lose anything.
---
***** I have The Extremely Rare Arena Tour Dark Spyros *****
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#6 Posted: 21:58:02 01/05/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
It's hard to say. If you were buying them purely for profit down the road, you're probably setting yourself up for disappoint. Really, the ones like Gold/Silvers seem to be coming down in price now. If you're going to sell them, sell them now.

Pearl Hex/Metallic Cynder will probably still be up there in price, but I see that coming down soon.

I agree. Variants are already going down in price. That's why I decided to wait this time.

This could have been the next Pokemon, but TFB didn't future proof Skylanders. In other words, if the rumors hold true, you need to rebuy all of the original Skylanders just to take advantage of any new level caps.

Then, TFB needs to make the game last long enough, that they can develop a sequel every other year or so, to make a far better and longer lasting game.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#7 Posted: 22:30:24 01/05/2012
If you found them in a store, yes. If you bought them for $100 plus each, I seriously doubt it.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#8 Posted: 23:48:57 01/05/2012
SELL IT AND NO I WONT TURN CAPS OFF!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#9 Posted: 01:35:42 02/05/2012
Quote: AJAwesome
SELL IT AND NO I WONT TURN CAPS OFF!

Turn caps off. Bold is OK. smilie
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
fanjo Gold Sparx Gems: 2382
#10 Posted: 11:03:50 04/05/2012
It all depends. The game would probably disappear after a couple of years, assuming Giants has a compatible base. After the game has had it's day, unless other games use the same tech, you won't be able to buy a base new. Withoiut the base, the game is useless.

The only way after this is if people see the figures as a collectable toy in it's own right and willing to pay big bucks for it.

I doubt it.

Prices should fall after Giants, unless a new game utilizes the figures. Activision don't make money on old figues already sold, so it's in their interest to make new figures, so support in new games would probably be dropped after Giants.

So, No.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#11 Posted: 14:14:32 04/05/2012
I think he was refering to the variants.

While I have almost all variants, and will have all variants in time, I still have to lean toward no at this time.

From what I hear, the game has to stay popular for things like variant figures to be worth anything. Then again, certain things gaming related has maintained some worth, despite not being popular.

I guess IF the variants were to maintain value, it would be because they are gaming related in general. It's sort of like how Family Fun Fitness Stadium Events, for the NES, is worth like 13 grand loose, because there is only 2000 of them, but the game was released in mass quantities, under a different name and isn't worth much.

I think the variants could go for more, if ALL were sold together.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#12 Posted: 21:10:17 04/05/2012
i had a beanie baby that was "1997 christmas teddy" my aunt bought me, and at one point it was worth 185 bucks..and that princess diana bear, that was worth 300+ bucks. now you can find almost all beanie babys for 50 cents at craft fairs.. so yeah, you should probably sell them when they are worth the most, which is right around now..
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#13 Posted: 21:24:55 04/05/2012
I don't really think so
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me