Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Protect and Display your skylanders! [CLOSED]
Soberranger Red Sparx Gems: 74
#1 Posted: 03:19:44 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm posting this because I, as a parent of a 5 year old girl that LOVES skylanders, have had an issue of having to replace a few broken pieces (Whirlwind's wing fell off, hex's skull in her hand to name a few) have stumbled across a way to display my skylanders so they look very nice AND they protect them from accidents! The best thing is, you can use them on the portal in their cases AND they make these in jumbo size for when GIANTS come out smilie not to mention they only cost me 50 cents each smilie

[User Posted Image]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#2 Posted: 03:26:39 28/04/2012
My 7-year old likes to actually PLAY with his figures. Putting them in a display case kind of defeats the purpose, I think. If you want to protect them, just don't open the package.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#3 Posted: 03:37:31 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Himewad
My 7-year old likes to actually PLAY with his figures. Putting them in a display case kind of defeats the purpose, I think. If you want to protect them, just don't open the package.

I was more aiming toward storing them while they aren't using them, but my daughter really only "plays" with them while using her wii, 3ds, or xbox..but even so.. you literally only need to swing open the door on the back of them to get the figures out...It's just once you have so many figures none of the cases designed for the game will hold them comfortably and there is a difference between protecting them from being broken and protecting them for collector's value. I have a set still in package as far as collecting goes.
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#4 Posted: 03:43:09 28/04/2012
I think these are for displaying BETWEEN playings. These have certainly struck my interest. Could we get a link, or a product/manufacturer name? Very nice display!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:44:32 28/04/2012 by Seewolfe78
#5 Posted: 03:53:18 28/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seewolfe78
I think these are for displaying BETWEEN playings. These have certainly struck my interest. Could we get a link, or a product/manufacturer name? Very nice display!

I'm going back to the store to grab some more tomorrow and I'll try and get some more information about them, I only grabbed a few today because I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out. I was actually picking up a pizza and had some time to kill so I went next door to a comic book / card store and I saw these there... I believe the cases were meant to store mass amounts of cards in, but they work just fine for skylanders
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 14:35:56 28/04/2012
Ohh man! Those look great. While I wouldn't put my normal ones in there, I have 3 customs, an extra Drill Sarge (the variant) and a opened Blue Bash I'd LOVE to put in one of these things.

I was actually gonna take a look at Pat Catans for something like this. I know they make nice ones for plushes..and I have a few for my rarer Pokemon ones.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me