Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Just how "different" am I? [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#1 Posted: 09:29:39 22/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I will admit that there is a modicum of ego stroke in this but the thread is more to ascertain how much of a statistical abherration I am...

I have personally found:

1 Silver variant
2 Golds
3 Glow in the darks

Furthermore, the 2 golds were at a single store / single visit, as were all 3 glows.

I fully rationalise that I am on the outlier of the bell curve but I am trying to work out by how much?

Please tell me if you have found multiple variants. I am not interested if you simply own them by buying them from a reseller but if you personally found them in a store.

PS: I do hope the trend continues and I find 4 Crystal clear ones!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
WhirlWindLover Green Sparx Gems: 318
#2 Posted: 09:38:19 22/04/2012
I've only found a few Legendaries.
I have seen my friend with a Pearl Hex, that was so cool
---
I read on mytholgy, dragons and griffins. Unicorns too!
smilie Twists of Fury! smilie
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#3 Posted: 11:04:17 22/04/2012
Hey on another forum someone said that on facebook there was someone that stated that their gamestop got a glow in the dark whirlwind? Real?
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 11:12:08 22/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Doubtful - there have only ever been 3 figs per variant type.

Pics or it didn't happen...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
dangernoah2 Green Sparx Gems: 401
#5 Posted: 12:20:44 22/04/2012
mabye they got whirlwind confused with wreckingball
---
help with my skylander cartoon http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=53603
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 14:14:56 22/04/2012
That's pretty impressive! I'd say it all comes down to a matter of luck..or rather what's available. I'm fully certain around here, any sort of specialty stuff gets snapped up by employees, or retired folks getting to the stores when they first open. That's any line here, Skylanders, Hot Wheels, etc. Heck, my dad hasn't seen a Treasure Hunt on a store shelf in years. Only time we'd ever get one is on K-Marts collectors days when you win a box. (This is still something I think Skylanders needs to do)

If you'd count it, the local TRU near me was passing out tickets to get Blue Bash on that sunday. I got there and missed it by mere SECONDS. Like, i got out of the car to walk up to the line, and she just gave the paper to a woman who got up there a few seconds before me.

Disappointed, Dad took me to another one not too far away. Getting there, I headed back to Electronics to find not one, but FIVE Blue Bashes sitting on the counter. So apparently they didn't have a huge crowd. I was able to grab 2 up; one to open and one to keep in the packaged. I had my pick of blisters which was nice too.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#7 Posted: 18:29:50 22/04/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I will admit that there is a modicum of ego stroke in this but the thread is more to ascertain how much of a statistical abherration I am...

I have personally found:

1 Silver variant
2 Golds
3 Glow in the darks

Furthermore, the 2 golds were at a single store / single visit, as were all 3 glows.

I fully rationalise that I am on the outlier of the bell curve but I am trying to work out by how much?

Please tell me if you have found multiple variants. I am not interested if you simply own them by buying them from a reseller but if you personally found them in a store.

PS: I do hope the trend continues and I find 4 Crystal clear ones!

How many of those did you find on the shelf?

How many were found by going through a box before it hit the shelf?
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#8 Posted: 22:50:29 22/04/2012 | Topic Creator
All on the shelf - I have never had an opportunity to even see an unopened box, let alone go through it.
---
Soylent Green is People!
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#9 Posted: 22:51:37 22/04/2012
Man you are lucky
---
THE END IS NEAR
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#10 Posted: 01:43:21 23/04/2012
I would not say different. I would say lucky.
gbone Green Sparx Gems: 205
#11 Posted: 02:57:27 23/04/2012
whats the appeal of these? If I found any of them I'd just sell them.
---

Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#12 Posted: 03:40:23 23/04/2012
^ I wouldnt even do that. Let em sit on shelf and pray some kid gets a hold of it and enjoys it.... Chances are, a jobless grown man grabs it, goes home, takes a pic, and posts on ebay.... Gotta love America.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#13 Posted: 06:38:53 23/04/2012
Quote: Wiseman
^ I wouldnt even do that. Let em sit on shelf and pray some kid gets a hold of it and enjoys it.... Chances are, a jobless grown man grabs it, goes home, takes a pic, and posts on ebay.... Gotta love America.

Its greed at its true core. Problem is companies are not much better. Name a company whose priorities are

1. You
2. Them

and they are probably non profit organisations.

Even banks **** you over as much as they legally can while trying to make a facade of helping you out. smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me