Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
My OCD is kicking in [CLOSED]
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#1 Posted: 16:54:28 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I want to collect one of each Skylander and keep them sealed. I'm starting to build up an impressive collection, but when I go into a store I try to find the best condition boxes / figures. The boxes always have at least some wear and same goes for the figures and their paint job. Is it just me? Probably since most people open them haha. Just thought I'd share.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#2 Posted: 17:02:34 20/04/2012
just watch out so you don't end up on a mental hospital....
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 17:06:09 20/04/2012
When looking for something for your collection,its always good to look for the best condition boxes. Even if you don't intend to sell them later on, you don't want damged items in your collection. Like, I happened upon a TRU the day of the Blue Bash event, and had my choice of about 5. Even though I was opening one, id much rather have one in a nice blister than one that has a bent corner or something.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#4 Posted: 17:11:42 20/04/2012
they are toys ... open them ... play with them

... just remember that after opening each skylander you must turn the light switch off and on 43 times while chanting "toys are to be played with, toys are to be played with" and your life will be fine smilie
SkylerS Green Sparx Gems: 203
#5 Posted: 17:19:02 20/04/2012
People believe that a Mint baseball card is worth soooo much more then a played condition baseball card so it makes sense. If you want to keep one set in the box you can have one set of opened ones with one upgrade path and keep the rest in the boxes on another upgrade path. It also makes it easier to distinguish what path your Skylander was on.

I would agree though its pretty hard to find Skylanders without some kind of box defect. I would say its like one in 8. Theres only two so far I have out of the box and opened which is Stealth Elf and Ignitor. Those two look awesome in the box.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:47 20/04/2012 by SkylerS
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#6 Posted: 17:23:34 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I have an absolutely mint in box Blue Bash and Stump Smash. The others are okay, but still not perfect.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#7 Posted: 17:36:44 20/04/2012
My entire collection except, Spyro, Dark spyro, Gill grunt and Trigger happy are mint in box. I play with them even, but still have kept them in their packaging.

And I have be diagnosed with OCD and its really nothing to laugh at (T7gga) its a real issue that people deal with everyday, not something to make light of.

Anywho..back on topic. you know you can play with these just fine without removing them from the boxes right? People seem to not realize this. The portal recognizes them just fine. So none of mine are opened except for the ones that HAD to be removed. So you are not the only one, and I know of several others who play the game with the figures still in box.

I prefer my boxes to be as perfect as possible too. I'm not sure why, I suppose its cus not only do I use them but I also have them for collection purposes too. Meh its whatever. Don't feel odd about it, its normal for collectors to want perfect and the most mint of things. No harm done.

I'm a toy collector in general, and EVERYTHING I buy I keep mint in the box. They just feel more complete that way smilie
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#8 Posted: 17:50:47 20/04/2012
I got a nephew whos 14 who has OCD, but he has the polar opposite you do. He gets all twitchy if his stuff stays in the box. He has to take them out and set them up. He can't stand keeping stuff in the box.

When he was a kid and he'd go to our grandmas house, he'd take that ****ty looking plastic material she had all over her "new" (Read 25 years old) furniture, because it used to drive him nuts. I got to say the couches were a lot comfortable without the protective layer of clearish plastic.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#9 Posted: 18:40:32 20/04/2012
^ seriously! What's up with that...and what was up with families having a whole other living room that you never could actually sit in. It was just this staged dining room with nice furniture, but us kids were told never to go in there. And yeah...my grandparents had that plastic...nowadays people don't give a **** it seems.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#10 Posted: 18:59:58 20/04/2012
Dunkin, i didn't mean to offend. you recognise your ocd is kicking in so you need to try and stop.

another member on here a while ago had a similar problem and eventually forced themselves to rip open all of the boxes to stop.
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#11 Posted: 19:38:40 20/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
^ seriously! What's up with that...and what was up with families having a whole other living room that you never could actually sit in. It was just this staged dining room with nice furniture, but us kids were told never to go in there. And yeah...my grandparents had that plastic...nowadays people don't give a **** it seems.

I know right?

I mean whats the point of Plastic over your furniture to keep it looking new. If you are never going to take the plastic off to see the good new condition its in.

Needless to say when Grams died a few years back I called dibs on her sofa. As soon as I took it home I pulled off the plastic. It was like 25 years old, but good as new lol.

Thanks Grandma! Sorry I spilled pepsi on it last year! Have fun watching Golden Girls and Matlock while playing card games in the afterlife!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Dueck Green Sparx Gems: 301
#12 Posted: 19:56:33 20/04/2012
My OCD made me have the urge to collect them all, but I am just so sick and tired of "the hunt" that I don't intend to buy any more. I gave Voodood to my cousin's kids, and I'm selling a few more (not pictured in the signature). The ones below are the only ones I'm sticking with. I really want Whamshell and Warnado, so who knows, maybe the area will be flooded in a few months and I'll change my mind...
---
smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#13 Posted: 02:12:04 21/04/2012
Quote: t7gga
Dunkin, i didn't mean to offend. you recognise your ocd is kicking in so you need to try and stop.

another member on here a while ago had a similar problem and eventually forced themselves to rip open all of the boxes to stop.

Its okay, lol. I realize you weren't trying to be rude or anything smilie

And really? Yeah I try to stop myself ALL THE TIME, but alas no luck, My anxiety kicks in full force. *Sigh* But yeah I mean and the having to have not only ALL my skylanders mint in box, but I have to have the complete set too. Its just insane smilie
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#14 Posted: 05:57:36 21/04/2012
I personally think too many people are "diagnosed" with conditions nowadays. I worked at a school for nearly two years, and pretty much every single kid there had some sort of "condition" to their name. And no, it wasn't a special needs school.

Anyway, back on topic, I know what you means in terms of the paint jobs. I've noticed them becoming more and more crappy. Thankfully the friend who is helping me import the last few Skylanders understands my plight of picking up the best-painted ones, so he keeps an observant eye out.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me