Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The NEW VIP club: Retail Price Club! [CLOSED]
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#1 Posted: 14:44:19 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
The newest hottest VIP club on the forums.

37/37? Cool Story bro! Cost you $1000? Even cooler story!.....

This is the exclusive club for those of us who stuck to our guns and didn't give scalpers single red cent of our money. Instead of having the newest Skylanders NOW we patiently waited till we got them at their (already too high) retail prices.

Pat yourself on the back and talk and enjoy with your other like minded fellows. Also enjoy the couple extra bucks in your pockets. I know I will, I'm going 4-wheeler shopping next week and camping next weekend. smilie

I had a couple forum members sell me guys at cost to help me out. Well it looks like I may have a few extra Wham Shells to sell at cost as well to help others out. smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#2 Posted: 14:47:25 20/04/2012
Woot Woot!!!! I can claim membership in this club. I got half of the release wave free since I picked up everything that was available at launch with the b.o.g.o. deal at TRU. See it was easy to get in this club since my wife would kill me if I spent what she would consider and "unreasonable" amount for a toy figure....sheesh, women... smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 14:48:03 20/04/2012
Bought everything in retail stores. Thus far all I bought online was one of my L Triggs and Cynder. (Although the last 3 will be coming in June, I'll probably end up seeing them for sale)

Actually..for some I kind of got less than retail. I took advantage of quite a few bogo sales.

I guess I have dual membership!
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#4 Posted: 14:50:58 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tigorus
Woot Woot!!!! I can claim membership in this club. I got half of the release wave free since I picked up everything that was available at launch with the b.o.g.o. deal at TRU. See it was easy to get in this club since my wife would kill me if I spent what she would consider and "unreasonable" amount for a toy figure....sheesh, women... smilie

EXACTLY! I bought everything I could at launch back in October at TRU when they were still at their launch retail price and Buy One get one free. They were just sitting their keeping shelves warm. smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#5 Posted: 14:51:15 20/04/2012
Paid retail for everything and got I started at the beginning of April, Whamshell is the only one I ordered online this morning, and Camo and Warnado I got from a walmart back room!
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#6 Posted: 14:52:54 20/04/2012
Retail prices for the win.

I have never paid more than 10 for a single pack, and 25 for a adventure (Triple) Pack. Scalpers havent gottne my money. And I'm not about to give in anytime soon.

I'm still after the last three, but I'm being patient and waiting to find them in-stores like I did all the others.
Most of my skylaners were bought on "Black Friday" when TRU had Buy one Get one free, on all their skylanders.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#7 Posted: 14:53:14 20/04/2012
Every thing bought in stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#8 Posted: 14:54:28 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Feels good don't it? smilie
---
#9 Posted: 14:58:40 20/04/2012
Feels really good smilie
#10 Posted: 14:59:41 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Mr. Chicken I may be able to snag you Dragon's Peak if you still need it? I'm heading out to the store in a bit and my TRU usually has some.
---
#11 Posted: 15:00:47 20/04/2012
Thanks but no thanks smilie
megatronhalo Green Sparx Gems: 304
#12 Posted: 15:16:32 20/04/2012
I almost did, I payed retail for everything but wham shell but in the end only payed $5 for the one wham cause i bought 2 from austriala for $80 kept one and sold the other for $75
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#13 Posted: 15:20:45 20/04/2012
I paid a little over retail for a few just because I had to pay tax/shipping online. But I never paid any of the insane prices like some others have.
#14 Posted: 15:22:34 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ToxicFate
I paid a little over retail for a few just because I had to pay tax/shipping online. But I never paid any of the insane prices like some others have.

That counts, ordering online and such. smilie
---
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#15 Posted: 15:24:38 20/04/2012
I can join! I hope GM stays away from this thread and dosn't brag about having five of of every skylander.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#16 Posted: 15:32:13 20/04/2012
We have one of each (including legendaries and Dark Spyro), but ended up paying less than retail because some were given as gifts early on. And the extras we accumulated have been given to my nephew.

Boo yah.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#17 Posted: 16:01:03 20/04/2012
All in all, I also paid less than retail for everything. I've received no direct help from other buyers to obtain figures and I've not paid a single solitary cent to a reseller and was never even tempted to do so...not even for a second. ...and although there is a good possibility that the online stock information I've provided here might have also helped resellers acquire stock of new figures, it is gratifying to know I've helped others to obtain hard to find at the moment figures and that was always my intent, so you're right, it does feel good to be a part of this club. smilie
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#18 Posted: 16:05:01 20/04/2012
This 'club' is more worthy but still a little boastful since forum members in other countries can't get all the toys yet because they aren't out there.
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#19 Posted: 16:07:26 20/04/2012
I'll be there myself as soon as I get the last three; preordered at Amazon, but I've missed them twice now on GameStop.com. I got all of my characters as $20 triple packs except for the Legendarys, where TRU charges a bit more. Started just recently, but had a lot of luck walking into my local GameStop at just the right moment. . . Now I get to sit back, relax, play the game, and get everyone leveled up and maxed out.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#20 Posted: 16:24:53 20/04/2012
well i cannot join as being in england i really wanted to complete my collection (before giants arrived) ... only option has been ebay
#21 Posted: 16:37:19 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
CAKE!
---
Zookie Pookie Blue Sparx Gems: 988
#22 Posted: 17:13:28 20/04/2012
im in! its kinda fun to hunt them down in stores and pay retail... i didnt even like buy the few i bought at gamestop and TRU because they charged more than walmart... haha. all i need is the whammy and im done and in both clubs!
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#23 Posted: 17:15:38 20/04/2012
Quote: Himewad
We have one of each (including legendaries and Dark Spyro), but ended up paying less than retail because some were given as gifts early on. And the extras we accumulated have been given to my nephew.

Boo yah.

You can start your own club then... I fully expect a 37/37 less than retail price club thread within the hour.

Domer
Grandlethal Green Sparx Gems: 174
#24 Posted: 17:22:47 20/04/2012
haven't bought any that weren't at the store in front of me (or my wife lol). I am sure I'll have to wait a few more weeks to finally see things show up in Canada, but I have plenty of other things to keep me occupied until then.
---
Owned: All except - smilie and smilie
Rheyvynn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#25 Posted: 17:34:54 20/04/2012
Wish I could claim myself as part of this club, and TECHNICALLY I am, because I never paid more than retail for any of the figures.
However, back when Cynder was still super-rare, my wife (unbeknownst to me) actually bought one from evilBay. Believe you me, I chastised and scolded her for it after the fact, but by then it was too late...
And as it goes, guilt by association, so... /sigh
At least she "only" paid about $35 (after shipping) for it back when $80+ was more the average, so that's SOMEthing, at least... right?
Right? smilie
#26 Posted: 17:40:47 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
This is less a VIP club, and more a common folk club, where cooler heads prevailed and saved money in the process. smilie
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#27 Posted: 17:57:44 20/04/2012
All retail here. The most expensive purchases on our part were a 3DS version to get Ignitor and Dark Spyro--and we did play the game--and shipping fees for Amazon and Gamestop transactions. Not one trip to eBay, and although it's been arduous, V and I are happy to have done it this way.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#28 Posted: 18:06:27 20/04/2012
Quote: Rheyvynn
Wish I could claim myself as part of this club, and TECHNICALLY I am, because I never paid more than retail for any of the figures.
However, back when Cynder was still super-rare, my wife (unbeknownst to me) actually bought one from evilBay. Believe you me, I chastised and scolded her for it after the fact, but by then it was too late...
And as it goes, guilt by association, so... /sigh
At least she "only" paid about $35 (after shipping) for it back when $80+ was more the average, so that's SOMEthing, at least... right?
Right? smilie

Wait wait wait so let me get this straight, you chastised your wife for buying you a Cynder on Ebay???? You silly little man. You should kiss your wife and tell her thank you....what's wrong with you???!!!!???...lol. My wife hates it when I hunt for Skylanders every time we go out lol.
gbac16 Green Sparx Gems: 269
#29 Posted: 18:48:32 20/04/2012
Not only did I pay only retail for every (all 37) Skylander, I bought DL Crypt, Pirate Seas, Two three packs, and 6 individuals at by one get one free event (5.99 and 19.99 per) on Black Friday at 9:00 at night when the store was practically empty. I then went to the bar and got drunk because it was my birthday, and because I like getting drunk.
---
32/32 + All Legendaries, Blue Bash, Flocked Stumpy, & Red Drill Sgt, Sidekicks. (All at retail).
Want: Dark Spyro.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#30 Posted: 19:16:25 20/04/2012
I can honestly say I am in this club! smilie I didn't pay more than retail for any figure. I think I paid under retail on half of them through craigslist. I think the only one I had to pay over retail was my 2nd Dark Spyro. He cost me 15 dollars I think. But that was because I didn't need a 2nd 3DS pack. So I think that I qualify. Nice little post. I'm proud of this whole group sticking to their guns about paying retail or less for their collections! This is what I'd consider the true 37-37 club! smilie Congrats everyone for being 2 Legit 2 Quit! HEY HEY!!!
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#31 Posted: 19:20:05 20/04/2012
^LOL at your getting drunk comment! That's how you celebrate a good Skylanders collecting night! Well played sir!
---
#32 Posted: 19:27:27 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: xerokills
I can honestly say I am in this club! smilie I didn't pay more than retail for any figure. I think I paid under retail on half of them through craigslist. I think the only one I had to pay over retail was my 2nd Dark Spyro. He cost me 15 dollars I think. But that was because I didn't need a 2nd 3DS pack. So I think that I qualify. Nice little post. I'm proud of this whole group sticking to their guns about paying retail or less for their collections! This is what I'd consider the true 37-37 club! smilie Congrats everyone for being 2 Legit 2 Quit! HEY HEY!!!

And that's how you know we are old.. smilie
---
terradorheart Green Sparx Gems: 418
#33 Posted: 20:30:54 20/04/2012
I paid retail for all my Skylanders, and got all of the ones at launch, including the games, for buy 2 get 1 free(Got Infamous 2 as my free game yay!). I just ordered Wham online from Gamestop this morning, so I'm done!
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#34 Posted: 20:40:00 20/04/2012
yay i have maneged ot buy all my skylanders in stores without even trying and i bought them all in canada!!!!!!!!!!!! [other than smilie]
---
Green Bean Machine
#35 Posted: 21:26:02 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
FYI just so you can put a face to a name, heres a pic of me dancing with my aunt at her wedding.

In case you can't figure it out, I'm the one who looks like Adrian Brody. smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#36 Posted: 22:38:51 20/04/2012
Damn, I got 35/37 retail.

I bought a Prism Break/Voodood single pack I believe back in February/March when they were impossible to find. Only payed an extra $10, but still =(
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bhepdogg Red Sparx Gems: 96
#37 Posted: 22:44:01 20/04/2012
All 37 here for retail - oh yeah!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#38 Posted: 22:47:53 20/04/2012
DUDE! You look like the dude that keeps getting the Donkey Kong highscore title. Billy Mitchell. Actually, I do see a hint of Adrian Brody in there.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#39 Posted: 23:16:50 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
DUDE! You look like the dude that keeps getting the Donkey Kong highscore title. Billy Mitchell. Actually, I do see a hint of Adrian Brody in there.

Man **** Billy Mitchel. That guy is a douche and a half. My hair is not nearly as long either, its about chin length or so.
---
#40 Posted: 23:52:18 20/04/2012
Speaking of Billy Mitchell...he does kinda remind me of Billy Mitchell a little bit...not you Storm....but GM that is.

He shall from now be referred to as Billy Mitchell whenever I address him. smilie Billy...this thread is for those that actually paid retail price for their figures. You actually need to get your butt back over to your thread...I am sure they all miss you.

EDIT: Billy Mitchell...don't forget to put on your American flag tie!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:56:19 20/04/2012 by xerokills
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#41 Posted: 00:04:45 21/04/2012
I only need to wait til I find smilie and wave 5 then I can join!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
whamshell Green Sparx Gems: 271
#42 Posted: 00:06:18 21/04/2012
37 of 37 here all bought at retail stores!!!
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#43 Posted: 00:25:12 21/04/2012
Gamestop, Target, Walmart, TRU and Amazon (Amazon retail only, no 3rd party). I cannot bring myself to ebay or 3rd party anything that is still in production. It does not make sense to do that. I can be patient and wait until I find it via the available online tools or in a store.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#44 Posted: 01:03:29 21/04/2012
I got 31/34 Skylanders retail price by a technicality. I ordered the Bash 3 pack the first day I got the game for 30 on Amazon. But back then I had no idea what they cost. I think it sould not count
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
bensdady Yellow Sparx Gems: 1702
#45 Posted: 03:29:20 21/04/2012
i bought all mine at retail, had wal-mart price match for the game and for the figures to begin with. But haven't paid over 10 for figures or 25 for 3 packs or adventure packs.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#46 Posted: 03:40:09 21/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT
FYI just so you can put a face to a name, heres a pic of me dancing with my aunt at her wedding.

In case you can't figure it out, I'm the one who looks like Adrian Brody. smilie

[User Posted Image]

Nice hat, I want it! lol.

Anywho, this is (In my honest opinion) a great way to boast about the goodness of being patient. I didn't buy all my skylanders in the store (but most of them yes) A few I bought on "Evilbay" Like "Hex" and "Wrecking ball" (This was back when they were actually HARD to get. Fortunately though regardless of this fact I didn't pay much more than retail for them all.

My husband works for walmart and has been awesome enough to be my lookout for the new ones and snags them for me, so most of my figures were bought for retail (Less than retail actually, if you count the fact that I get a discount for him being an employee *Grins*)

This sorta stuff just proves that "All good things come to those who wait" .
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#47 Posted: 04:20:05 21/04/2012
Really? We have to set a price now for a freaking forum? REALLY??
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
takcom69 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#48 Posted: 04:39:08 21/04/2012
VIP VIP VIP screw sclapers smilie and those who paid outrageous prices are not sane people
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#49 Posted: 04:50:38 21/04/2012
Honestly, even $9.99 per single at Toys 'R' Us is kind of pushing it for these things. Had no choice with Legendary Trigger Happy, but really tried to stay clear otherwise.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#50 Posted: 05:02:24 21/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT
Quote: GameMaster78

Man **** Billy Mitchel. That guy is a douche and a half. My hair is not nearly as long either, its about chin length or so.

I agree. It's only the hair that gives off that Billy look for you. The face does look a lot like Adrian Brody.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me