Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How accurate is the "In My Store" tab on walmart.com?
Page 1 of 1
How accurate is the "In My Store" tab on walmart.com? [CLOSED]
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#1 Posted: 08:10:28 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm asking because camo and warnado just showed up in almost all of the local walmart stores according to the "In My Store" tab. I've been tracking them for a while and they actually just showed up a couple hours ago for my local stores.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#2 Posted: 08:14:21 20/04/2012
It should synced with the inventory system so dead Accurate. That said, if only aces left it may seem like none left as people may hide them.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#3 Posted: 08:14:53 20/04/2012
It just means your store carries them, so if they just showed up that may have just gotten them in, or their on the way, In my area only two of 8 show up and one of them is where I got my camo and warnado, so I'm assuming for them to show up they have had to atleast pass through the store, for example none of the stores show whamshell

Edit: and the store where I got mine only have gotten one "97" case with them in it, and I pretty much stop by their daily after work nothing new since then except a box of triple packs
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:16:36 20/04/2012 by NinjaHarley
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#4 Posted: 14:44:49 20/04/2012
It's not, at least with my stores.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 14:56:06 20/04/2012
Looked online and saw it. Called and was told a shipment was coming at 4, everything would be out by 6. Got there, nothing new on the shelves, asked and found they got no shipment in.

The miscommunication between online, actual stock and employees in stores (not just walmart. Looked up some best buys online, said they were closed on Sunday. Got out to them and found they were open; handful of TRU and walmarts have disconnected numbers despite what's listed on the official site, etc) is frankly quite shocking.

I found the mobile version of it to be much more helpful, and you can see mulitple stores at once rather than having to switch between them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#6 Posted: 14:58:36 20/04/2012
You can't always blame the employees. I think they make tracking this stuff hard on purpose hoping you come in the store and buy some other **** while you are there. Which never happens with me! smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#7 Posted: 15:15:54 20/04/2012
Yeah I have been at the store holding the figure and it said on my phone all out... not reliable in my opinion but better then nothing
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#8 Posted: 15:16:56 20/04/2012
It's not accurate in the least bit.
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#9 Posted: 17:23:09 20/04/2012
Yesterday on the website the local store for me said they had in Camo and Warnado but when I went there they didn't have any. I had an employee check in the back for me and everything but he couldn't find them.
Zookie Pookie Blue Sparx Gems: 988
#10 Posted: 17:24:09 20/04/2012
mine hasn't failed me yet, if you dont see them their probably in the back, if they say there not, they probably lying but maybe not i got warnado, camo, and a couple others based on that tab alone at 2 different walmarts in arkansas
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#11 Posted: 17:34:52 20/04/2012
So I found out one of my walmarts is worthless today, I stopped by looking for Camo and Warnado for a friend and saw they had more in, I asked the empolyee to look up the UPC to see how much they had if they had any in the back etc, she said I know we don't and points to another employee and says she goes through all the boxes when they come in, pulls out the hard to find ones and sells them on ebay, She then encouraged me to look on ebay for the ones I'm missing, I'm really thinking about calling the store and filing a complaint
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#12 Posted: 21:28:58 20/04/2012
Quote: Zookie Pookie
mine hasn't failed me yet, if you dont see them their probably in the back, if they say there not, they probably lying but maybe not i got warnado, camo, and a couple others based on that tab alone at 2 different walmarts in arkansas

They aren't in the back and I proved the "in my store" is broken again. I looked to see if any of the Walmart stores in Rhode Island had them since I live close by. Two of them listed both Camo & Warnado as being there. I went to one store and they didn't have them and had nothing in the back. The second store I spoke right to the department manager he said "I got two boxes that just came in". I stood right there as he opened them up and they were just the boxes with L-Rod, Zook etc.
SkyWarrior23 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#13 Posted: 21:54:29 20/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
I found the mobile version of it to be much more helpful, and you can see mulitple stores at once rather than having to switch between them.

Has the mobile site ever shown "In stock" for any of the figures that you have ever checked? I have checked availability via the Walmart mobile site for multiple figures (including the common ones), and it shows out of stock for everything everywhere. I have seen a half-dozen Boomers at a number of stores and the mobile site shows it is OOS at every location.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#14 Posted: 22:15:55 20/04/2012
Quote: SkyWarrior23

Has the mobile site ever shown "In stock" for any of the figures that you have ever checked? I have checked availability via the Walmart mobile site for multiple figures (including the common ones), and it shows out of stock for everything everywhere. I have seen a half-dozen Boomers at a number of stores and the mobile site shows it is OOS at every location.

Actually..that's a good question. I only looked up Camo/Warnado. I think someone was theorizing in another thread that some stores are just getting a "Skylanders Assortment" when they see it appear. Might be interesting to check out..someone should call corporate!
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
nadstein Blue Sparx Gems: 750
#15 Posted: 23:05:42 20/04/2012
The actual day I found both Warnado and Camo at Walmart, their site had a 0 next to my store (as it had always been) two days later, it showed a 1. So by the time it is actually useful, they are probably all gone :/
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me