Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Adventure Packs and Figure prices [CLOSED]
Rageling Red Sparx Gems: 54
#1 Posted: 23:00:03 19/04/2012 | Topic Creator
So all of the adventure packs that will be out, are out, right?
- Darklight Crypt
- Pirate Seas
- Dragon's Peak
- Empire of Ice

Empire was easy enough to find. Darklight had a few around, and we have one now that BB got one in (wife works there). Dragon's Peak has been rough to locate, but I haven't seen Pirate Seas even once. I'm guessing people buy them out when able (at least Dragon's Peak) to take out the figure and sell it solo, as that's the only way to get them right?

I haven't looked on Ebay for Pirate Seas yet, but I did check for Dragon's Peak, and that seems to consistently go for $40+ without shipping, but that seems like a lot to me. O.o;; Other than scalpers, why do some figures (aside from event releases of course) go for so dang much? I've seen crazy prices on Lightning Rod and a few others that made me scratch my head and wonder why.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#2 Posted: 23:25:20 19/04/2012
Yes all the Adventure packs are out now (At least in the USA) I'm not sure about other places though.

The prices for these go up due to high demand. I have managed to have ALL the skylanders except the latest three (Warnado, Wham Shell and Camo).
Dragon's peak can be found at Toys R Us and From what I hear BestBuy now has them out. You're best bet is to just have patients when it comes to these things. I really bad want the last three I lack but not enough to spend the kind of money I see them go for on ebay.

Wait for them to show up in your local stores. Don't feed the scalpers (They are half the reason why so many of us are having trouble snaring these thigns). Dragon's peak should be out in all stores by the end of this month, just wait it out okay. Thats the best thing.

And no getting them solo (Out of the packaging) is not the only way to go. Don't short change yourself. For Pirate seas, I see those packs all the time at my local stores. Toys R Us is your best bet for that one. Though I've also seen it at walmart and stuff lately.

All in all they go for so much due to the high demand and people for what ever reason have no willingness to be patient like some of us, so they are okay with dishing out 5x what they could get these things for in stores. Who knows.

I saw a "Wham Shell" go for over 200 last night on ebay. And I'm pretty sure the seller only forked over 10 at the most for it in the store. I just don't get that, yes they are great but not THAT great. Not for that kind of money.

Just do yourself a favor and keep looking they are bound to pop up sooner or later in a local store near you.

If you want it bad enough though I was just on "Gamestop"'s website and they seem to be in stock with alot of the adventure packs (No Dragon's peak of course) but they have the others, including "pirate seas'.
Heres the link:
http://www.gamestop.com/toys/s...rate-seas/98810

If your in the USA you can order it from here and they are usually good about shipping in a reasonable amount of time. If you are not in the USA I'm not sure if they ship outside the country :/

Good luck though!
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:41 19/04/2012 by Dunkin
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#3 Posted: 23:32:47 19/04/2012
GameStop.com has had the first 3 Adventure packs in stock for a long while now, you just have to know where to look. ...and as stated above, Dragon's Peak exclusivity has ended, so they'll be a lot easier to find soon. Also, you should never pay more than the retail price. $7.99-$9.99 for singles, $19.99-$24.99 for 3 packs/Adventure packs.

Darklight Crypt $19.99
Pirate Seas $19.99
Empire of Ice $19.99
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 00:19:11 20/04/2012
You're having a hard time finding Pirate Seas? Consider yourself lucky that's the least of your problems!

I've seen quite a few of them in various stores. TRU seems to have them commonly, but Walmart and Target had them at the local ones nearby.

In response to the crazy prices, most sellers on ebay get a hold of the new figures first, and charge an outrageous premium for all who dare to buy them for an impatient child (or collector) It's really only the NEW ones that do that. Camo, Warnado and Wham Shell now. From what I've seen, most of the Zook/Rods have gone down a bit since they've been out so I guess that means more people are getting them, and the sellers are holding onto their things.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me