Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant triple pack or these?
Page 1 of 1
Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant triple pack or these? [CLOSED]
SpyroCool Red Sparx Gems: 27
#1 Posted: 19:50:39 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok, so on ASDA's website, I've found this triple pack for £19.97, but I'm not sure how good Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant are.

These are the Skylanders I was planning on getting: Whirlwind, Stealth Elf (which I've found in TESCO already, so I'll get that on Friday), Cynder, Ignitor and Terrafin.

So, for now, I'm only getting 1 of each element. I already have Spyro, TH and GG, the starter Skylanders for the console version.

So, do you think that is ok, to replace the respective element skylanders on my want list with Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant? I mean, I could always get the others later, right? Thanks!

EDIT: Just found Whirlwind on the Sainsburys website for £10 (when figures are usually £8 in the UK). Shall I not get DS and DT?
---
I'm a fan of the classic series, specifically Spyro 2. I love that game!
Own: [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie]
Want: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:14 18/04/2012 by SpyroCool
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#2 Posted: 19:53:21 18/04/2012
Well, Double Trouble being Magic and Drill Sargeant being Tech means that they are the same elements as Spyro and Trigger Happy respectively... So if you want to have those two as part of your collection, then do that, otherwise leave it and try to find Whirlwind in a single pack...
#3 Posted: 19:55:39 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok, thanks! I've just found Whirlwind on the Sainsburys website for £10 (when figures are usually £8 in the UK).
---
#4 Posted: 19:57:55 18/04/2012
Ahem...

http://www.tescoentertainment....wind/8%3a936671
#5 Posted: 20:00:30 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Ah, thanks again. I've not looked on the TESCO website because I went into my local shop earlier today and wasn't sure how long the delivery will be. It says it will despatched next day, so that's good. I've also got another TESCO in my town, which I completely forgot about. I'm felling stupid today smilie

Gotta go. I'll be back tomorrow.
---
#6 Posted: 20:03:08 18/04/2012
^No problem smilie

Most of the people here are pretty helpful, so it's no problem really
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#7 Posted: 21:11:55 18/04/2012
If you are wanting to purchase one of each element and have a PS3/Wii/XBox360 starter kit (Spyro, Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy), these are my recommendations on packs to get:

• Triple Pack G (I think it's G) contains Cynder (Undead), Lightening Rod (Air) and Zook (Life)
  • Triple Pack E(?) contains Eruptor (Fire), Bash (Earth) and Chop Chop (Undead)

Instead of getting the second Triple pack you could always get the Pirate Seas and (when available) Dragon's Peak Adventure packs. They contain helpful items, a new level and a Skylander of a missing type (Earth in Pirate and Fire in Dragon).

The Eruptor pack is easy enough to find in Currys/PC World and the Cynder pack has been spotted in many HMVs around the place smilie

Hope that helps
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 21:39:57 18/04/2012
Trigger Happy is a lot better than Drill Sarge (Although Drobot is superior to all)

Double Trouble is the one of the best Magic characters. Dat beam attack.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#9 Posted: 21:53:01 18/04/2012
Double trouble is rally amazing, but not fond of drill sarge. But I would still get it though.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#10 Posted: 22:40:06 18/04/2012
Drill Sergeant is easily the second-best Tech character... IF you are on PS360. On the Wii, he is very mediocre. Double Trouble is, in the minds of many, the best Magic character, with only Voodood posing any real competition.

However, looking at your other choices... Stealth Elf is by miles the best Life character. Same goes for Ignitor and Fire, Cynder and Undead, and Terrafin and Earth. I'd say whatever plan of action lands you those ones is your winner.
alexandros2011 Green Sparx Gems: 441
#11 Posted: 00:06:41 19/04/2012
DS is alot of fun to play on the ps3 and so is DT. i just FINALLY picked up a voodood in trade , so we will be giving him a whirl this weekend and see what he can do smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie on PS3
need smiliesmilie
#12 Posted: 06:50:23 20/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok. I think I'm gonna get these today: Stealth Elf and Bash

I'm gonna order these off of the TESCO Entertainment website today: Whirlwind, Cynder and Ignitor

Then I'd have one of each elemet. I'll focus on collecting one I've gone through all of the secret areas.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me