Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > In the UK: So... now that GAME is no longer open...
Page 1 of 1
In the UK: So... now that GAME is no longer open... [CLOSED]
SpyroCool Red Sparx Gems: 27
#1 Posted: 19:00:47 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok, so as many of us know, GAME is no longer in business. And I'm kinda stuck on where to buy new Skylanders.

So Gamestation's website says that there is no stock at all, and there aren't many figures on the website anyway.

CEX. The CEX website actually shows the stock of each store, which is good. But, there are no figures.

CHIPs have a few. I'm gonna check them on Friday.

TESCO have a Stealth Elf single pack (which I'm getting on Friday), Drobot single pack, and Bash single pack. Oh! And there was a triple pack too. So, there wasn't that much.

I only have the original three. Spyro, Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt. For now, I'm just going for one of each element. I'm gonna try and get: Whirlwind, Stealth Elf (which I have found in TESCO already, so I'll get that on Friday), Cynder, Ignitor and Terrafin.
---
I'm a fan of the classic series, specifically Spyro 2. I love that game!
Own: [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie]
Want: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#2 Posted: 19:07:29 18/04/2012
Um, I live in the US, and even I know GAME is still in business over there. Maybe one of your local stores closed, but not all of them.

Infact, they started stocking Mass Effect 3, according to a Kotaku article the other day.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
dangernoah2 Green Sparx Gems: 401
#3 Posted: 19:14:22 18/04/2012
yeah mines still open
---
help with my skylander cartoon http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=53603
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#4 Posted: 19:19:09 18/04/2012
We have a thread for UK players/figure hunters that might be of help to you.

GAME isn't gone in the UK, just Ireland. Any town or city that had both a GAME and Gamestation lost one or the other during all the upset last month.

Personally I've never had the chance to buy Skylanders in Game as they were always sold out. The only reason I got them in Gamestation was because I happened to be there when the opened a box and another time when I rang ahead.

Smyths Toys isn't on your list, they are pretty good with getting in figures, TRU can be iffy despite the fact they have exclusive figures.

Do remember that Skylander figures are classed as toys and not gaming accessories by Joe Public and just try some toy shops
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#5 Posted: 19:22:23 18/04/2012
One: You should get the 3DS starter pack if you want Stealthy, Ignitor AND Dark Spyro

Two: GAME is still open, I should know, I just bought a PS Vita today

Three: You can buy them online from CeX as well, but it seems they don't come with the sticker/card so if you're collecting those...

Four: We have our own thread where we're talking about where we've seen them in stock

Five: Good luck on your hunt!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:37:50 18/04/2012 by bisylizzie
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#6 Posted: 19:22:52 18/04/2012
Yeah the company has been taken over by a group called OpCapita that own the electical store Comet (amongst others) but they have closed a LOT of branches including a lot of Gamestations (who are owned by GAME).

I buy my triples from PC World/Curry's as they're cheaper than anywhere else but they don't sell singles or adventure packs. Argos is good too but you have to ask for a viewing of the products as all the singles are under one code so you have to choose. The same aplies to their triples and adventure packs (though they say they only have Pirate Seas they sell the DC and EoI too).
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#7 Posted: 19:29:07 18/04/2012
You have a store called "CEX"? I'm channeling my inner-middle-school student, and I think that's the cat's pajamas.
SpyroCool Red Sparx Gems: 27
#8 Posted: 19:34:21 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I don't live in Ireland. I live in Kent, England. But yeah, I have a GAME and Gamestation in my town centre, so as you said, one or the other closed, and it was GAME. Thanks guys!
---
I'm a fan of the classic series, specifically Spyro 2. I love that game!
Own: [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie] [smilie]
Want: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#9 Posted: 19:35:45 18/04/2012
Quote: PlayableMoogle
You have a store called "CEX"? I'm channeling my inner-middle-school student, and I think that's the cat's pajamas.

It stands for "Computer Exchange". It's a brilliant second hand video game, gadget and DVD chain of stores and decently priced goods too smilie

Edit:
@SpyroCool: Down the road from me then smilie. I live near Lewisham. Oh and welcome to the forum, hope you'll have fun smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:38:37 18/04/2012 by Buzzthebatgirl
#10 Posted: 19:37:31 18/04/2012
Quote: PlayableMoogle

Well, it's actually an amalgamation and shortening of Computer Exchange... Pronounced "Cee Eee Ecks"... The website name is really no better, going for "uk.webuy.com" which instantly conjures up images of THAT car advert. Any in the UK probably knows what I mean, and got it stuck in their heads after reading the sites name...

Though really it should be spelt CeX

And there is an American version, the wonderfully named site of us.webuy.com, with 12 stores across the states(of New York, Massachusetts, California, Pennsylvania and Maine), hoorah!

And Spain and Ireland and India as well,(es, ie and in respectively) but they're small fry compared to the reach they have in the UK...

Also, to anyone who got that jingle stuck in their head, I'm sorry!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:40:14 18/04/2012 by bisylizzie
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#11 Posted: 20:42:56 18/04/2012
Lizzie! Now I'm going to have to bash my own head againsty the wall... and by association I now have the other annoying advert stuck in my head... the one for a certain insurance comparison site...

*beats own head against the wall*
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:43:38 18/04/2012 by Deandria
IAmMarti Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#12 Posted: 20:55:08 18/04/2012
Mods close thread?

GAME is very much alive. Please use the UK thread.
#13 Posted: 21:03:40 18/04/2012
Quote: Deandria
Lizzie! Now I'm going to have to bash my own head againsty the wall... and by association I now have the other annoying advert stuck in my head... the one for a certain insurance comparison site...

*beats own head against the wall*

Sorry smilie

And now you've got me thinking of the other one :/
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#14 Posted: 21:08:11 18/04/2012
You do realise that HMV is full of Skylanders in pretty much every single store at the moment don't you?
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#15 Posted: 06:11:54 19/04/2012
I order mine online. My Tesco rarely gets them in, my Sainsbury's has all of about two Skylanders, and nobody else here stocks them.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me