Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
cheapgamerstore.com [CLOSED]
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#1 Posted: 14:37:36 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I search the board and didn't find anything on them, so I'll go ahead and ask. Has anyone used this site? They are showing many of the newer Skylanders at retail prices. It looks inviting but I'm leery whether this is a scam, data-mining, etc. thing or not.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#2 Posted: 15:31:41 18/04/2012
Hmm... I've never done any business with them, but based on the results I got when I googled, I wouldn't recommend them or buy from them.

1. Scamadviser:
Quote:
Suspicious. Could be unsafe.

2. Yahoo! Small Business Adviser: Quote:
I signed up too then freaked out because I didn't see any secure browsing notifications. I immediately changed all my passwords. I might just be paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

Edit: If you look through their privacy policy it references another site - chucksaudiovideo.com. The "Terms of Use" and "Privacy Policy" are identical - it seems they forgot to edit out the references to the other site. I'm guessing they just copied it over to make the site look legit. I feel like an idiot.

3. Yahoo! Answers: (one week old)
Quote:
I just came across the name today using a UPC scanner/Locator app. there are several items to be wary of:
a) the prices on some items seem unreasonably low (if its too good to be true it probably is)
b) the title tag line doesn't match the 'name' (cheapergamestore vs cheapgamerstore)
c) the descriptions of some items are for the wrong items
d) they list items for sale that are hard to believe they have available new (like something 15yrs old)
e) its a new domain registration.
f) there is very little information provided like incorporated business name, physical address, phone number or email contact info. The terms, conditions, policy etc are quite short compared to most businesses.

These are all red flags but none prove its a scam. Be very wary of giving them financial information. By no means use a password that you use for any other account when signing up. There is another question posed on Yahoo! answers about the same site with similar questions and responses.

Like the saying goes: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#3 Posted: 17:17:19 18/04/2012
Don't trust it. More than likely it's a data mining site.

Domer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me