Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > OMG Did you see this? Holy Crap Dudes...........
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
OMG Did you see this? Holy Crap Dudes........... [CLOSED]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#151 Posted: 23:54:33 24/04/2012
I don't disagree but I also perceive that Activision has been opportunistic. I think variants demonstrate this as if it were all planned then the colour schemes/skins would have been included.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
SpyroTek Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#152 Posted: 01:35:34 25/04/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I don't disagree but I also perceive that Activision has been opportunistic. I think variants demonstrate this as if it were all planned then the colour schemes/skins would have been included.

Word up, they hoped but did not expect such a big hit so fast.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#153 Posted: 03:23:05 25/04/2012
Quote: SpyroTek

Word up, they hoped but did not expect such a big hit so fast.

I didn't realize people still said "word up"
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#154 Posted: 03:27:01 25/04/2012
I am not used to hearing it sans "dog".
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#155 Posted: 03:32:49 25/04/2012
You win for best sig, chaos! LOL
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#156 Posted: 03:35:44 25/04/2012
Chaos, can you post pictures of your collection?
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#157 Posted: 04:10:53 25/04/2012
I'm flattered. I'm mentioned in someone's sig. smilie

We all have something in our collections that the other does not. However, what I'm missing from yours, isn't as hard to get as what you're missing from mine. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#158 Posted: 06:47:29 25/04/2012
Okay I'll bite - what, pray tell, are am I missing that you have and is so hard to find?

If you are going to spout the conspiracy theory about the mismatched packaging again then please keep it succinct as I don't count that given the random chaos of Chinese production lines - that is not a finite set and we have merely scratched the surface of that. We may as well pine our lack of swordless Ignitor or silver-faced Ignitor, etc. I can't see how you would ever be able to claim 100% of those, given their random nature.

For the record, I have not seen the SL watches available anywhere since their limited run in Oz/NZ.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#159 Posted: 00:37:15 26/04/2012
Okay I'll bite - what, pray tell, are am I missing that you have and is so hard to find?

If you are going to spout the conspiracy theory about the mismatched packaging again then please keep it succinct as I don't count that given the random chaos of Chinese production lines - that is not a finite set and we have merely scratched the surface of that. We may as well pine our lack of swordless Ignitor or silver-faced Ignitor, etc. I can't see how you would ever be able to claim 100% of those, given their random nature.

For the record, I have not seen the SL watches available anywhere since their limited run in Oz/NZ.

Actually, I thought about it. I don't care to compare. It's all materials. Materials mean nothing in life. It's just stuff we can't take to the grave with us.

My stance on it all is that only elitists would sit there and think a Skylanders collection isn't complete without all the variants. Go ahead and tell a small kid that and ruin their day. Even Dan from oneofswords.com mentioned his Skylander collection was finally finished once he hit 37.

Fact is, those variants aren't needed to complete a collection. 37 Skylanders are needed. And I say this as someone who WILL own all variants in time. Even when I do own them, they weren't more important in finishing and making my collection look good, as much as the actual Skylanders you see on the included posters and standees in stores.

So, I'm not going to compare my collection to others. You're pleased with yours. I'm pleased with what I have so far. I'd be a downright nerd to nosebleed doing comparisons with other Skylander fans.

What I'm trying to say is, a person who owns 1 Skylander, has just as good a collection as you and I do. Anyone who thinks otherwise are truly arrogant in their display of an elitist attitude. smilie
---
#160 Posted: 02:19:13 26/04/2012
How convenient. You have spent literally months bragging about your collection. You threw down the gauntlet with a statement, "However, what I'm missing from yours, isn't as hard to get as what you're missing from mine."

But now you conveniently abstain from comparison. Heck, you could at least filled in the blanks but politely declined further discourse on the topic...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#161 Posted: 03:03:18 26/04/2012
Don't need to fill in the blanks over something so trivial. Call it coincidence, overanalyze it, or whatever. That's your call.

I made my point about it all, and that's the way I've always seen it. People here were just too busy putting words in my mouth with their assumptions, that they never bothered to ask.

Taking another look at your sig, it's almost as if there is some sort of inferiority complex going on. It seems your goal is to 1up me, as is made obvious in your sig. It's almost like you have to have more than me when it comes to Skylanders. To me, that's just dumb, because no matter how big your collection and my collection gets, others who own SOME Skylanders merch, have just as good a collection as us two. Thinking any other way about it, is just elitist and arrogant.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:04:23 26/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#162 Posted: 05:59:11 26/04/2012
You say to-mate-to, I say to-mart-to.

You say inferiority complex, I say superiority complex. Grin!

But seriously, the dig was conscious as many find it amusing that what was once such a gung-ho perspective on variant acquisition (even if not worth the money in the longer run) got magically tempered when there was finally an exclusive that you could not use your sphere of influence to obtain readily.

Like it or not, intended or not, this appeared to be sulky and petulant and smacked of how a small child would act.
---
Soylent Green is People!
skygrim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1407
#163 Posted: 11:24:42 26/04/2012
LOL Chaos and Gamemaster, send me your vital measurements and I tell you who is the bigger man!

Variants in lines exist to bolster the collector vibe, a collector/scalper will go back to a store over and over, it also creates a buzz. I just wish variants would be more plentiful because it does is create an false economy of the line, which sucks for those not able to frequent stores, getting super lucky, or not have enough cash to get what they want.

Personally I made my own silver and gold variants, and trying to get a good picture of Hex to figure out what pearlescent paint to use...and no I won't be trying to sell these on Ebay as genuine LOL.

Interesting pic posted by Zebas. I have played with the "pets" which now are sidekicks, and did not notice them doing anything other than jumping around the place. Though MAN! I wish I could buy the figures!!! Hopefully Activision gets a partnership with someone for Giants, and there are some fast food premiums or something that work with Skylanders, sure its terrible for kids to eat fast food, but nice and cheap way for kids and those with other expenses to get some more skylanders.

Thanks all posters on the forum forum, been a great source of information to get up to speed with skylanders, been collecting for about 5 weeks, so helped a lot to get my head around things quickly.
#164 Posted: 11:32:27 26/04/2012
Well, it is 12", but I don't use it as a rule... Boom tish!
---
Soylent Green is People!
#165 Posted: 13:39:51 26/04/2012

Every man says it's 12". It's those who don't brag about it, that are well endowed. That, and those with big shoes. I kid about the last part. smilie
---
#166 Posted: 13:56:49 26/04/2012
I am only endowed like a baby - 17" long, 7lbs. Boom boom tish!

EDIT: For the record, I drive a little 1.4 litre, 4 cylinder car - what do they say about men who drive big cars? Compensating, I believe?
---
Soylent Green is People!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:27 26/04/2012 by chaosworrier
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#167 Posted: 14:22:07 26/04/2012
Gamemaster
You say you collect these skylanders as a passion and hobby. But now they are not important LOL huh?
For someone who has 10 of each skylander and a room dedicated to collections i think they mean more to you then your letting on. If you don't like these skylanders then why would you spend THOUSANDS of dollars on something that's meaningless. Just dident get that comment at all
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#168 Posted: 14:22:18 26/04/2012
Welcome to "As the Dark Spyro Turns"

Domer
#169 Posted: 15:57:20 26/04/2012
LOL, Domer.

Joseph? Gaming is my passion and hobby. I never stated once Skylanders was my passion. I am just a Skylanders super nut. That doesn't change my stance on what it means to have a complete collection, because that would be me disrespecting those who are working hard to complete a 37/37 collection to call complete.

My room does have more than just Skylanders in it, though. However, it would be pointless to show my Halo collection, Mortal Kombat poster and toys, Sephiroth, Blue Dragon, Castlevania 8-bit Simon Belmont, Mega Man figures and comics, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates, Gears of War main 4 and General RAAM, Raziel, Isaac Clark, Mario figures, Link, Kratos, Ratchet and Clank, Big Daddy, Nathan Spencer, Dante (Dante's Inferno), Snake, Nathan Hale, Sweet Tooth, Street Fighter figures, Chris Redfield and Sheva, Lara Croft, War, Alex Mercer, Trevor Belmont, and 4 Transformers from War for Cybertron, because well... they don't have to do with Skylanders. smilie

I own over 1328 videogames. So, that shows my passion for gaming.

I WILL own all variants, but my stance still won't change, for the ten-millionth time. They are just extras for my collection. They were never needed to complete it. If they were essential to complete it, TFB would have made them easier to find ala Marvel Universe variants. However, with how ridiculously stupid-hard they are to track down, it's obvious they aren't important in the eyes of TFB. They're just there for collectors to get lucky enough to find.
---
#170 Posted: 22:18:51 26/04/2012
Joseph: 2 glow in the darks? That's a tad presumptuous of you - we have not secured glow Zap yet. Come back in 3 hours, or so. Grin!

EDIT: Now you can claim this...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:35:55 27/04/2012 by chaosworrier
drummerw Green Sparx Gems: 335
#171 Posted: 02:50:42 29/04/2012
definatly wrecking ball was the thired, how do I know? I managed to pick one up and my friend did too. My local Big W had three they were all sold in 5 minutes, will post pick later.
---
37/37 + Blue bash + Walmart Red drill Segant
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me