Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > OMG Did you see this? Holy Crap Dudes...........
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
OMG Did you see this? Holy Crap Dudes........... [CLOSED]
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#101 Posted: 20:30:15 20/04/2012
You can tell hardly anyone read the rules, considering all the "HOW DO U MAEK THEM SMILYS IN UR SIG??????????" repetitive questions.

-no this is not directed at Squizzy-
---
but i love it all smooth
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#102 Posted: 20:57:44 20/04/2012
Not impressed. He looks like he's made of dough.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#103 Posted: 22:35:38 20/04/2012
Quote: Squizzy
Quote: Skylanderportal
They are all lying, they couldn't buy that....

I heard Activision is sending this people who finished their collection.

Is this English?

It was Purchased from a store! Was lucky to be there while they were unloading there good's.

ow my god, someone gets lucky, and everyone calls foul.

Oh snap i forgot to put in 'to' in between this and people
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#104 Posted: 01:10:27 21/04/2012
Sorry squizzy i got mixed up with the Adelaide person i think that you have them but the Adelaide seller sounded suspicious
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#105 Posted: 01:47:03 21/04/2012
Quote: Deandria
Calm down people, Squizzy is just defensive and angry because people are calling him a liar... I'm sure everyone has slightly over-reacted when being accused of something dishonest that they didn't do... sure he broke the double post rule but at the end of the day that's no reason to be so hostile. People SHOULD read the rules of a forum before posting but how many people really do? The double post rule isn't enforced everywhere, I've been a member of a number of forums where double posting is not against the rules. Ignorance of the rules is no defence but cut him some slack... false accusations sting...

If you carefully read through his posts it's not even a major over-reaction... they read as a little abrupt but essentially by calling him out as a fraud when he isn't that's an insult... heck it's not even an insult it's actually libel. There is no law against not believing someone but there is against calling them out as a fraud with no proof.

I was skeptical of these variants... but only a little... I was waiting for evidence one way or the other but the fact is these are starting to show up a little more... and I guess 2 variants in wave 5 makes up for the lack in wave 4... (another reason why I was holding back on forming an opinion). I'm willing to believe he's telling the truth.

I'm not usually someone to come out with contraversial rants like this but really? Put yourself in this guy's shoes: You wander into a store at restock time... WTF???? What is that? Wow a variant! A new one! Amazing! You buy it and go home with the intention of selling it to claw back some of the money this hobby has cost you and suddenly the whole Skylanders community is insisting you're a fraud... it'd hurt...

No in-fact I'm a member or several that DO inforce the double post rule. Perhaps not here per-say, but its still against the rules. And he was incredibly hostile (I'm not the only one who thinks this too.) he was rude to another member when they asked him a simple question.

Sorry but thats no excuse to come here and be a butt about it. No one called him a scammer at all. I said I was skeptical, and that I'd like more proof. Thats all, if you read my earlier posts I said just that. "They could be fake but I'm not sure".

Plan and simple. There are scammers out there, I've been scammed before, and its not fun. I was worried for the members here and wanted to give my 0.2 on the matter.

Seems as though they are possibly pretty legit. And I'm glad to hear it.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#106 Posted: 03:17:10 21/04/2012
Okay, I picked up THREE glow in the darks today - all from the same store.

I went to 2 other stores in the same chain (fair bit of driving) but found nothing. I also checked other franchises but they don't have the most recent stock in yet, so no go.

I have 2 Wrecking Balls and 1 Zap.

I will post an image later as I now have to meet up with someone about my investment property.

That said, my rep should be enough as proof for the interim...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#107 Posted: 03:24:05 21/04/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
Okay, I picked up THREE glow in the darks today - all from the same store.

I went to 2 other stores in the same chain (fair bit of driving) but found nothing. I also checked other franchises but they don't have the most recent stock in yet, so no go.

I have 2 Wrecking Balls and 1 Zap.

I will post an image later as I now have to meet up with someone about my investment property.

That said, my rep should be enough as proof for the interim...

Awesome to hear! I am glad to know that this isn't a scam after-all. I still think they are a bit ugly though lol. Not that I wouldn't pick one up if I was to see it in stores. Though chances are I'd sell it if I did.

My husband is checking all the boxes in back tomorrow (If theres' any of course) to try to snag me the last three I lack as well as any of the special varients.

Congrats on your find though, this gives me hope smilie I feel slightly bad for being doubtful but in this day'n age, you can never be too careful. :/
---
#108 Posted: 03:30:37 21/04/2012
That said, I still have not seen any further evidence of the crystal ones...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#109 Posted: 03:46:28 21/04/2012
really? Those crystals look amazing (I actually want one badly). If I actually manage to find one, I'll be sure to let the peeps here know. I find it highly doubtful, my luck isn't so good, but meh one can hope yes? smilie

What do you plan to do with the glowies? Keep or sell? You can apparently make bank on them smilie
---
Grundorama Green Sparx Gems: 140
#110 Posted: 04:04:37 21/04/2012
Hey Chaos Warrior - do you plan on selling your Zap?
Squizzy - thanks again for selling me your Warnado.
Can't wait to get the glow in the darks. Too bad the crystal variants are so few and so expensive.
#111 Posted: 05:38:22 21/04/2012
I have a forum friend who has first dibs on it, but on the off-chance he does not want it, I will let you know.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#112 Posted: 06:30:50 21/04/2012
Hey chaoswarrior what store was it in?
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#113 Posted: 06:43:24 21/04/2012
[User Posted Image]

Big W Capalaba.

EDIT: It has been a lucky area for me as I found 2 Gold Drill Sargeants (at the same time) from the JB Hifi across the road some months ago.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:44:38 21/04/2012 by chaosworrier
#114 Posted: 07:15:57 21/04/2012
I wish they would show up in adelaide soon
---
#115 Posted: 07:44:38 21/04/2012
Given that Camo and Warnado were spotted there first, I am sure that they are.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#116 Posted: 10:19:45 21/04/2012
Yeah maybe in a few weeks
---
#117 Posted: 03:31:11 22/04/2012
Okay, for the record they come pre-leveled to level 5 and have 2100 gold like the gold variants did.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#118 Posted: 03:38:32 22/04/2012
Oh cool how do they look in the dark?
---
#119 Posted: 05:21:02 22/04/2012
Okay, for the record they come pre-leveled to level 5 and have 2100 gold like the gold variants did.

Blue bash came like that too actually. LOL, neat to know though. I suppose all the varients come this way?
---
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#120 Posted: 05:27:35 22/04/2012
I just have to give a HUGE Thank you shout out to chaosworrier for being such an AMZING friend sorry if it sounds a little sappy LOL.
But he turly thinks of his friends first. Thanks Chaosworrier :-)
Cyndark Blue Sparx Gems: 612
#121 Posted: 05:53:08 22/04/2012
They look like white chocolate
#122 Posted: 06:01:20 22/04/2012
No, the silvers, Pearl Hex and Metallic Cynder do no come pre-loaded this way.

Not sure about the crystal ones as I don't own any (yet!)
---
Soylent Green is People!
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#123 Posted: 06:18:16 22/04/2012
Quote: Cyndark
They look like white chocolate

I was thinking the exact same thing. They remind me of something a cake decorator would make to put on top of a cake.
#124 Posted: 06:36:47 22/04/2012
No, the silvers, Pearl Hex and Metallic Cynder do no come pre-loaded this way.

Not sure about the crystal ones as I don't own any (yet!)

Ah thank you for the info C: And lol I wish you luck finding any of the crystals, you seem rather lucky in finding them so I'm sure you don't need too much luck smilie
A crystal Cynder would be so boss in anyone's collection (Preferably Mine) ahhh one can dream smilie
---
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#125 Posted: 08:20:02 22/04/2012
Yeah not impressed but then again none of the variants have. Its like they did as little work as possible to make it "different". I can do the same thing with a can of spray paint or hand doing it. It'll look better too...
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#126 Posted: 13:57:21 22/04/2012
I agree, Storm. I've seen variants in other toy lines, and they put a little more thought into it. Variants in other toylines aren't stupid hard to get ahold of either. That means everyone has a chance to buy them, which leads to the toy company getting more money. Activision/TFB didn't think out the variants very well.

They should have produced more, so everyone gets an easy shot at them, should they want them. That's just more money in their pocket. But, like I said in another topic, they don't want more money.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#127 Posted: 22:54:28 22/04/2012
cany u make em glow easely with the blacklight cause i have one
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#128 Posted: 00:28:03 23/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
OKAY, MY BAD FOLKS!

Squizzy may infact have these are variants.

My friend at Walmart contacted me earlier, stating he had 5 boxes of Skylanders hiding for me to go through. I went up there and took 5 Camo and 5 Warnados.

SURE ENOUGH, one of the Warnados is facing in the same direction as Squizzy's glow Warnado.

My Walmart friend is keeping a watchful eye for glow in the darks/clears for me. He said if he doesn't go through them, I can.

Wow,
First I'm assuming you paid for these figures, you don't seem like the cheaping out type.

Second, glad to know there is truth to folks getting in on these figures before other regular shoppers have a chance.

However, according to my understanding of your phrases, you guys are basically sitting on the shipments anyway.
So forget having a chance for other shoppers, this basically falls along the lines of inside trading.
Which I think is illegal in some form.

But these are just kids toys, so whatever allows you to sleep at night, more power to you.
-M
rac2703 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#129 Posted: 08:30:54 23/04/2012
Just found another on eBay >> http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170...984.m1555.l2649
skygrim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1407
#130 Posted: 12:36:45 23/04/2012
Hey All,

Been lurking for a while, but I also am from Australia and also found these today. Had no idea they existed, and the shop guy was like "We have some unpainted ones" I was expecting factory errors or if real lucky a gold or silver..though ended up with a Zap and Wrecking Ball Glow in the dark!

The person who said they look like dough is right, but have to say Zap looks AWESOME when he is glowing, all the detail in the figure shows up and its just pure awesome! Dont have a black light, but he would look fantastic!!!

Sorry if anyone wants to offer trades/cash for these, No can do, Zap is my favorite character and Wrecking ball looks cool enough to want to keep, though is the weaker of the two.

Hope these are plentiful enough for all to get them, they are worth at least the RRP.

From this forum and Ebay I am assuming we know of 3 of these?

- Zap
- Wrecking Ball
- Warnado (Which seeing the detail on the actual figure, MUST look awesome glowing in the dark, really hope I find him).

As I don't have any rep on this forum, I am sure people will question the truth of what I am saying...thats cool, go ahead all you like, doesn't change that I have these impressive figures (when glowing) and totally recommend Zap, and Wrecking ball only if he is one of your favorites...or you find him for cheap.

Good luck all!
#131 Posted: 12:46:37 23/04/2012
Hey skygrim,

I was thinking that maybe we could, like, swap - I could send you my glow in the dark Wrecking Ball for your glow in the dark Zap.

But, as you like Zap so much, I would also throw in my glow in the dark Zap for your glow in the dark Wrecking Ball.

How does that sound?
---
Soylent Green is People!
#132 Posted: 12:52:26 23/04/2012
LOL are you saying after the swap we would both have a Zap and Wrecking ball? Maybe if you had a Warnado, then it would be a deal smilie

As I mentioned Wrecking Ball is cool enough to keep, happy to post pics with anyone nominated Skylander (Wham shell included as found him at Big W) to prove that I have these. Can put some text in there too if it helps prove it.

actually dang it...here we go...

[User Posted Image]
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:18:48 23/04/2012 by skygrim
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#133 Posted: 13:57:56 23/04/2012
Does anyone else think that if these just had a little bit of black outline detail in strategic places (specifically around the eyes but in other places too) they would look totally amazing? I mean I'm sure we don't get the full impact because they'll look best in the dark where picture taking would be hard but... like all the other variants the plainess and lack of paint detail makes them a little bland imo.

Good find skygrim, personally I was willing to take your word for it but the general atmosphere here is one of skeptecism so putting your name there was a good plan... though I wouldn't be totally suprised if someone suggests you painted them yourself or bought them from eBay but you seem like the sort of person who can deal with that sort of accusation... personally I'm just a little bit jealous smilie I don't much care for vatiants in general but this one is nicer than the golds and silvers imo smilie
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#134 Posted: 14:52:45 23/04/2012
The black detail you mention shows up kind of when they glow, not really dark, but enough for it to show the textures of the sculpt...really very impressive!
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#135 Posted: 15:08:08 23/04/2012
I'd love to see one in person as I bet they look much better than photos can show but I'm unlikely to get the chance since very few variants have ever shown up in the UK, some believe non at all though a TRU employee told me his store had had a silver but then another TRU employee told me my local one was getting Wham-Shell last Friday when it was actually Zook and L-Rod so it's hard to know whether to believe them... I still think they look lacking in detail though.

Is the glowing paint on them like Stealth Elf's blades?
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:18 23/04/2012 by Deandria
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#136 Posted: 15:57:14 23/04/2012
they should have put a sticker on that said 'glow in dark'... now they just looks like some defect variants...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:57:46 23/04/2012 by kappapopm
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#137 Posted: 18:42:08 23/04/2012
People seem to be finding more than one of these glow in the dark Skylanders. I have a feeling they are more common than the Golds / Silvers. Not common, but more so than the other variants.
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#138 Posted: 18:45:55 23/04/2012
^ I think so too.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#139 Posted: 20:39:36 23/04/2012
;___; I want a glowie zappy.
#140 Posted: 22:11:13 23/04/2012
Actually, truth be told, this variant is turning up on EBay about the same amount as golds and silvers did when they first cropped up:

A dribble of "only one on EBay" listings
Then a steady flow
---
Soylent Green is People!
judasghost Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#141 Posted: 22:13:58 23/04/2012
those things make me want to eat yogurt-covered raisins.
---
37/37 (as of 8/15/12) ... 3/4 sidekicks (as of 8/17/12) ... 4th sidekick came in 8/22/12
5/8 giants .. 5/8 new guys .. 2/8 light core .. 1/? battle packs
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#142 Posted: 02:18:29 24/04/2012
I would kill for a glow in the dark Wrecking Ball smilie

But as I'm poor and can no longer find any Skylanders in my area, don't see it happening.

Go to my local stores almost daily and never found any wave 5 nor any variants. Besides the flocked stump smash contest, doubt I'll have any of these rare variants. My TRU didn't even get any Blue Bash! ugh
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#143 Posted: 02:37:03 24/04/2012
The only way I would buy a variant, is if they had a new color scheme to double trouble or voodood. The solid colors are just tacky IMO...
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
#144 Posted: 15:48:08 24/04/2012
My metallic Cynder arrived today (thanks Mons!!!) and I actually have to agree - if is solid metallic purple but has white eyes. It does not take much to complement a solid colour over most of the fig.
---
Soylent Green is People!
SpyroTek Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#145 Posted: 16:08:37 24/04/2012
They really seem to be keeping their cost down on the variants.
#146 Posted: 16:09:38 24/04/2012
The purple on the Cynder can't be done justice, unless you see it in person. Any pics always make it look like a dark purple, when it is infact very light.

And like I said, it's only a matter of time before all of the variants aren't worth squat. Pearl Hex is dropping in price like nothing. Now to just wait until the oppurtune moment to snatch it. Then it's a waiting game for the clears and glows. However, I have a friend at a store keeping an eye out for me. I told him which characters will be clear and glows. He said he will make sure he opens the boxes first. Here's hoping I can nab some at cost. If not, then it's waiting time for people to realize that ALL Skylanders variants won't be worth **** in the long run.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:11:30 24/04/2012 by GameMaster78
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#147 Posted: 16:19:21 24/04/2012
lol, you're so funny GameMaster69.

what a coincidence that suddenly you're talking smack about the variants now that you are missing so many from your "ultimate skylander fan" collection.

how the mighty one has fallen.
#148 Posted: 16:29:30 24/04/2012
I am content - I have had many months of love, fun, beer and skittles with my Pearlie!

I also don't have inside contacts to find the other newer variants for me; I find mine the good ol' fashioned way of going to shops and looking. I don't have "insider trading" rackets to fall back on.

I know many people perceive it to be unscrupulous for staff to have first pick of contents before the buying public, so I feel it would be nearly as disengenuous to perform that act by proxy. But, hey, that's just me...
---
Soylent Green is People!
#149 Posted: 17:02:33 24/04/2012
Talking smack about mine too, Tig. They aren't going to be worth squat in time. I'm just stating fact, because Activision/TFB aren't doing things right when it comes to the game.

In that, I mean the rumor - RUMOR - is that you have to buy the original Skylanders, just to hit the new level cap. If they do that per game, or when they finally say, "your old Skylanders won't work with the new game," this franchise just lost a lot of steam. Then one spent 400 bucks for things that only play with a couple of games, which costed 60+ themself.

It could be the next Pokemon, but with Pokemon, you're never asked to buy the same character twice. They come along with whatever new Pokemon comes out. That's what this game needed to do.

Once this game loses popularity, the variants lose value. That includes MY silvers, golds, and Toy Fair Cynder. The mighty hasn't fallen. The mighty got smart. The mighty will take the quote, "Good things come to those who wait," and use it to their advantage. smilie

If I don't find any at cost, I surely won't be paying crazy amounts for them. Like I said, look at Pearl Hex. That toy is dropping faster than the Stock Market. More glows are appearing, especially now that they hit the huge country of the US.

I just look at it as finally getting smart. Wait and get them cheap.

EDIT: I still think they should have done variants, the way Hasbro handles variants with Marvel Universe and Transformers. They're obscure, but easy to find.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:04:38 24/04/2012 by GameMaster78
SpyroTek Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#150 Posted: 17:44:45 24/04/2012
Activision/TFB must have a long term plan in place regarding their marketing, there is no way they're blundering through all of the money they're making.

I think we are getting played in a way we don't fully understand yet is all.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me