Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders card game [CLOSED]
kingaries01 Red Sparx Gems: 49
#1 Posted: 00:57:42 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Has anyone ever came up with use for the trading cards that come with the figures? Like a game or something? If not I think I just did. Anyone interested in hearing?
---
Own-[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie]
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#2 Posted: 01:10:16 18/04/2012
I am! Im tired of having no use for the cards.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
whamshell Green Sparx Gems: 271
#3 Posted: 01:30:08 18/04/2012
i wanna hear the game. great idea man. we should all as a community bring our ideas together to make an awesome card game! lets hear your thought man
#4 Posted: 02:19:50 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
So here what I got so far:

2 player game. Each player has a deck of exactly 10 cards. Each player flips the top card of their deck and the 2 skylanders fight. First you compare speed. Whoever is faster attacks first. The attacking Skylander does damage to the defending skylandsr's defense. If the defender's defense is reduced to 0 or less it is KOed and needs to rest. If not then it's the defender turn to attack the opponent. If you KO a Skylander you gain points equal to your skylander's luck and are placed in the discard pile to rest. The first person to 500 points wins. If skylanders have the same speed, compare luck to see who attacks first. If luck is also equal the 2 are at a stalemate and are both KOed. If no Skylander is KOed after each has an attack, they are both worn out and are sent to the discard pile to rest. If there is no winner of a fight no points are awarded.

Adventure cards and item cards are also used. Each adventure card adds +10 to all stats for certain elements

Darklight Crypt-Undead and Life
Pirate Seas-Earth and Air
Empire of Ice-Tech and Water
Dragon's Peak-Magic and Fire

When an adventure card is flipped it is placed to the side and another card is flipped. Both players take the effects of the adventure card. If 2 adventure cards are flipped at the same time then both are sent to the discard as KAOS collides the worlds.

Item cards add +5 to appropriate stats
Hidden Treasure & Healing Elixir-Luck
Winged Boots & Time Twister-Speed
Sky-Iron Shield & Anvil Rain-Defense
Ghost Swords & Sparx Dragonfly-Attack

When an item card is flipped, place it to the side and flip the next card in the pile. A player can only have 1 item and 1 adventure out at a time. If another item flipped after another you may choose one to discard (same with adventure cards). If a player has both an item and an adventure card out at the same time and the item is from the same adventure pack, add +10 to that item's value (Sparx Dragonfly combined with Dragon's Peak adds +15 to Attack). After combat, all cards are discarded.

If a Skylander has an elemental type advantage, the Skylander gets +10 to Attack

Life>Water
Water>Fire
Fire>Air
Air>Earth
Earth>Tech
Tech>Magic
Magic>Undead
Undead>Life

When a players deck runs out, reshuffle the discard pile into a new deck and all cards are fully rested.

What do you think?
---
Own-[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:20:15 18/04/2012 by kingaries01
#5 Posted: 02:27:05 18/04/2012
i think its awesome!!! ganna try this out and ill give more input!
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#6 Posted: 02:32:57 18/04/2012
Me and my cousins sat down last weekend and created this huge tactics board game.

The cards were useless so we created stat sheets for all the characters and gave them classes as well as abilities and such. It turned out really well, especially if you are a fan of Final Fantasy Tactics and games like that.

We still have a LOT of work to do but the framework is there. Balancing is an ongoing thing. We'd like to included equipment for characters and other cool mechanics as well. We have a ton of cool markers we made up to use on the battlefield.

Our next big feature is working on elemental damage. So characters will be stronger or weak against other characters based on elements. Similar to how Pokemon works.

Here's an Example of one of our character cards (I tried taking a picture but they are pretty crummy at this point in development lol):

Eruptor
HP: 210
Armor: 4 (this helps mitigate damage)
Dodge: 14 (this helps avoid damage)
Attack: 8 (this determines if most of your attacks hit)
Speed: 5 (movement and order of play)

Abilities:

Magma Armor (passive): Any characters hitting Eruptor with a Melee attack must roll a D6. 1-3 means the the attacker is hit with 10 points of unavoidable damage. 4-6 means the attacker suffers no damage.

Lavaling (Action/Passive 2 actions): Eruptor can summon a small fire minion on any space adjacent to him. If he does Eruptor loses 25 HP. The minion has 10 HP, 0 armor, 12 Dodge, 10 Attack and 7 Speed. The lavalings only attack is a melee attack that can hit any character adjacent to it. If it hits, this attack does 10 points of Damage.

Pyroxysmal Explosion (Death): When Eruptor dies, he does 25 points of unavoidable damage to any character adjacent to him. He also leaves behind a Lava Pool that spreads to 1 space adjacent to where he died. This Lava Pool lasts the rest of the game.

Magma Shell (Action/Passive - free): Eruptor Cools down his magma body. This raises his armor to 8. Raises his dodge to 18. Raises your Attack to 14. Reduces your Speed to 3.

Eruption (Attack 2 Actions): Eruptor causes himself to meltdown and explode. It does 45 points of damage to all characters within 3 squares. Characters may not roll a dodge to avoid damage. Eruptor does not Roll to see if this attack hits. Eruptor loses 10hp.

Lava Blob (Attack 1 Action): Eruptor shoots out a blob of lava at a target within 6 spaces away. If it his, it does 15 points of damage. Eruptor can also fire an empty space as well. If so, this leaves a small pool of lava that burns for 3 turns.

Lava Flows (Attack 2 Actions): Eruptor roots himself to this spot. He becomes unmovable while he is using Lava Flow. Each turn he uses Lava Flow he can send out a flow of lava that can go 3 squares in any direction. Each turn this flow can move 3 squares. Each space this flow passes through acts as a Lava Pool. The Flow can not be longer than 25 spaces. When Eruptor wishes to move again, he must remain in-mobile for 3 turns and take no actions while he recalls his lava flow to his body.

Notes

Lava Pool: Anyone character entering this space suffers 10 points of damage. If a Character activates and he is standing on a lava pool, he takes 10 points of damage before he can move.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:33:46 18/04/2012 by StormbringerGT
#7 Posted: 02:38:40 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Wow, that looks like a lot of thought was put into it. And sounds pretty awesome. I just wanted to find a use for the cards though and I think mine is a fun, fast paced way to pass the time. I wouldn't mind trying yours though.
---
#8 Posted: 02:47:44 18/04/2012
Quote: kingaries01
Wow, that looks like a lot of thought was put into it. And sounds pretty awesome. I just wanted to find a use for the cards though and I think mine is a fun, fast paced way to pass the time. I wouldn't mind trying yours though.

Thanks, yeah its been our project for about a week. We have this old large folding table and using rulers and pens, we made a grid. So the battlefield is plan but serviceable. We want to add Objects for cover and such.

We have about 23 of the Skylanders "done" but they change nearly everyday with added abilities or some taken away or tweaks. When it gets finalized we are taking it to boardgame night at our local hobby store and unleashing it upon the masses for feedback. Muahahahah!

Yours is definately cool, because its quick and it finds a use for the cards. Our started with the cards but as we developed a rules system they were scrapped, and we use the cards (as well as in game data from the Console and 3DS version) when trying to figure out stats.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#9 Posted: 02:52:55 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
oh and I forgot about something about my idea. You can only have 2 of the same Skylander in a deck and Item and Adventure cards are considered Unique (only 1 of the same name). Also Legendary Skylanders are limited to 1 per deck. this is to prevent someone from having a deck of 8 Legendary Spyros and 2 Dragon's Peaks. keep it fair guys.
---
#10 Posted: 02:54:18 18/04/2012
oh and I forgot about something about my idea. You can only have 2 of the same Skylander in a deck and Item and Adventure cards are considered Unique (only 1 of the same name). Also Legendary Skylanders are limited to 1 per deck. this is to prevent someone from having a deck of 8 Legendary Spyros and 2 Dragon's Peaks. keep it fair guys.

Wouldn't they have had to go out and buy 8 Legendary Spyros though? Lol. Also to no detract from your thread I'll start my own.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:29 18/04/2012 by StormbringerGT
#11 Posted: 02:57:02 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
lol well that's one way. or someone could have given them the spare cards cause they aren't used for anything. i don't mind you posting on here. i welcome all ideas for these pieces of seemingly useless cardboard lol
---
Skylanderportal Green Sparx Gems: 461
#12 Posted: 03:09:00 18/04/2012

2 player game. Each player has a deck of exactly 10 cards. Each player flips the top card of their deck and the 2 skylanders fight. First you compare speed. Whoever is faster attacks first. The attacking Skylander does damage to the defending skylandsr's defense. If the defender's defense is reduced to 0 or less it is KOed and needs to rest. If not then it's the defender turn to attack the opponent. If you KO a Skylander you gain points equal to your skylander's luck and are placed in the discard pile to rest. The first person to 500 points wins. If skylanders have the same speed, compare luck to see who attacks first. If luck is also equal the 2 are at a stalemate and are both KOed. If no Skylander is KOed after each has an attack, they are both worn out and are sent to the discard pile to rest. If there is no winner of a fight no points are awarded.

Adventure cards and item cards are also used. Each adventure card adds +10 to all stats for certain elements

Pirate Bay-Earth and Air

When an adventure card is flipped it is placed to the side and another card is flipped. Both players take the effects of the adventure card. If 2 adventure cards are flipped at the same time then both are sent to the discard as KAOS collides the worlds.

When an item card is flipped, place it to the side and flip the next card in the pile. A player can only have 1 item and 1 adventure out at a time. If another item flipped after another you may choose one to discard (same with adventure cards). If a player has both an item and an adventure card out at the same time and the item is from the same adventure pack, add +10 to that item's value (Sparx Dragonfly combined with Dragon's Peak adds +15 to Attack). After combat, all cards are discarded.

If a Skylander has an elemental type advantage, the Skylander gets +10 to Attack

Life>Water
Water>Fire
Fire>Air
Air>Earth
Earth>Tech
Tech>Magic
Magic>Undead
Undead>Life

When a players deck runs out, reshuffle the discard pile into a new deck and all cards are fully rested.

What do you think?

o.0'(fill) [User Posted Image]
---
All SSA but smilie
SG: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sidekicks: none
#13 Posted: 03:19:05 18/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Skylanderportal

Pirate Bay-Earth and Air

Life>Water
Water>Fire
Fire>Air
Air>Earth
Earth>Tech
Tech>Magic
Magic>Undead
Undead>Life

What do you think?

o.0'(fill) [User Posted Image]

lol wow i didn't even catch that. ill edit it now. Pirate Seas
---
#14 Posted: 05:33:26 18/04/2012
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=50026
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me