Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Theory on why some new skylanders don't work.
Page 1 of 1
Theory on why some new skylanders don't work. [CLOSED]
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#1 Posted: 01:42:17 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I got a brand new lightning rod and he does not work. I put him on the portal and it says place skylander on portal. I did not know what made him tick so I took him apart inside of him is a paper disk covering an rfid chip about the size of a quarter and as thin as a piece of hair. His disc was glued into place where the green bottom is placed on and his rfid was mangled up where it went down into the post where the green cover snaps in. So I think that because of this he did not work not all of the rfid is there a few parts are stuck to the glue that held his green cover on, oh well was cool to see what was inside and taking him apart was a pain. Even placing the rfid on the portal did not work either I learned something new. Let me know what you think?
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:51 16/04/2012 by trixster68
SpyroTek Blue Sparx Gems: 516
#2 Posted: 01:45:52 16/04/2012
So the rfid was broken apart then?
#3 Posted: 01:47:56 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes it was mangled up sticking in the slot where the green base snaps in what a shame.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#4 Posted: 01:50:37 16/04/2012
Can you return it for a new one then?
whamshell Green Sparx Gems: 271
#5 Posted: 01:53:53 16/04/2012
you could have not sure now that hes ripped it apart. may have voided the warranty
#6 Posted: 02:14:12 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
At this point it was worth my few dollars to see what was wrong. I have a great top half L Rods body the base broke when I tried to take it apart.[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Finger puppet of L Rod and damaged rfid chip sorry not to clear of rfid chip picture.
---
#7 Posted: 02:53:56 16/04/2012
Well now you have a hood ornament at least.
So now I wonder if he was mishandled or was built that way?
And how many others are out there like that?
#8 Posted: 02:57:07 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I am sure the rfid chip slipped out of place when the bottom was pressed on oh well, quality control they should be checked to see if they work I guess before sending them out. That's a big dream and to much to ask for I am sure......
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#9 Posted: 03:04:44 16/04/2012
Quality control? There was a time where they did that but with the increasing demand for these figures, all it does is slow down production.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#10 Posted: 03:10:32 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yea I guess that would. Maybe that is why Activison has an Awesome take care of the customer program with their broken Skylanders......
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 12:13:43 16/04/2012
Holy crap. Dat Rod. If you can find some large cloud like object, you could make a hilarious figure.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#12 Posted: 00:46:45 17/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Holy crap. Dat Rod. If you can find some large cloud like object, you could make a hilarious figure.

What about a giant cotton ball? lol smilie
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Slammer Green Sparx Gems: 496
#13 Posted: 03:24:39 17/04/2012
These characters are likely made in China, and they are banging them out as fast they can. I have been lucky so far (have 29 of the 32 characters with no issues), but it really doesn't surprise me that people are coming across quality control issues with these. ALWAYS keep your receipt, so that you can return/exchange an item that is defective!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me