Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
New TRU Event for next Wednesday! [CLOSED]
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#51 Posted: 02:42:45 18/04/2012
I'm starting to think their mailing list is HUGE because you folks always seem to post the email information anywhere from hours to days before I get the same email. As an example, by the time I got the notification email about Dragon's Peak being in stock, all stock was gone online; fortunately I read here that they were online first thing that morning and got one, otherwise I'd still be looking. I know I've only been a Rewards member for about a month now, but you'd think I'd get an email nearly as quickly as everyone else.
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#52 Posted: 02:48:52 18/04/2012
I'm a rewards member and I never get any emails about stuff.
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#53 Posted: 02:53:11 18/04/2012
I've been a rewards member since it launched. I never got an email for this event.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#54 Posted: 13:42:08 18/04/2012
The rewards card is hooked to my wife's email account so that would explain why I don't see those email. She probably sees it as junk mail passes over.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#55 Posted: 13:53:38 18/04/2012
You could check your email settings on TRU's website. A lot of people disable emails from stores and stuff.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
zepolystek Green Sparx Gems: 108
#56 Posted: 14:40:27 18/04/2012
So was there anything exciting at TRU this morning? I slept in smilie
---
HAVE smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
pakman916 Green Sparx Gems: 309
#57 Posted: 14:41:05 18/04/2012
Had a terrible morning. I have 2 TRU nearby. The further one, although in a busier neighborhood, seems to have less interest in Skylanders. I was able to get a few Blue Bash from that TRU because they got 24+ that event. Well...

I decided to go to the further one this morning. Sat in a little traffic to get there. Got there exactly when they opened. Only to find out they are remodeling!!!!!!!

So I drive to the other TRU. I get there and it's a ghost town. Nothing new on the racks. Not even a sign for the Legendary 3 pack. I talk to the sales rep and he says he has them behind the counter. Turns out they got in about 60!!!!

So this is good and bad. Good because now everyone that wants one can get one. Bad, because even though it's a TRU exclusive, you would hope these Legendary figures would be "rare". But just like LTH, they are not anymore. I'm sure they still made far less Legendary then they did the commons, but still...just when you think you got something rare, it's not.

So to everyone, don't skip work...don't rush to your local TRU. They should have plenty.
zepolystek Green Sparx Gems: 108
#58 Posted: 14:47:00 18/04/2012
It's always something. Um.. check out amazon.com they have camo, warnado, whamshell for pre-order whatever that means. Maybe that will work as a security blanket just in case.
---
HAVE smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#59 Posted: 14:52:14 18/04/2012
I went to TRU this morning as well. They only had legendaries - no Camo, Warnado or Wham-Shell. Complete waste of time.

Well, except for the little encounter I had with an employee. He tried to tell people in line that the last three aren't even out yet. What? If they aren't out, how come Camo and Warnado have a permanent place on my Skylanders shelf? I believe this was the same employee from the last event, where I saw him unbox Zook and LR for the first people in line. Once they ran out, he proceeded to lie to me, right in my face, and said they didn't get either in. Why lie? What could he possibly have had to gain?

I guess if I worked in retail, I'd be bitter as well.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#60 Posted: 14:56:57 18/04/2012
Thanks for the heads up, zepolystek. Just ordered one. I'll keep everyone posted on the status of my order.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#61 Posted: 15:08:43 18/04/2012
I've asserted that the Legendary 3 pack will be as common as Trigger Happy after all is said and done. Well guess what...it will be and if each store gets 60, and then gets more shipments...it'll be a sea of them... Looks like I may go run to Best Buy 1st instead of Toys R Us. I am waiting on a shipment at both stores. My town is about to get slammed with em.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#62 Posted: 17:13:39 18/04/2012
Quote: pakman916
Had a terrible morning. I have 2 TRU nearby. The further one, although in a busier neighborhood, seems to have less interest in Skylanders. I was able to get a few Blue Bash from that TRU because they got 24+ that event. Well...

I decided to go to the further one this morning. Sat in a little traffic to get there. Got there exactly when they opened. Only to find out they are remodeling!!!!!!!

So I drive to the other TRU. I get there and it's a ghost town. Nothing new on the racks. Not even a sign for the Legendary 3 pack. I talk to the sales rep and he says he has them behind the counter. Turns out they got in about 60!!!!

So this is good and bad. Good because now everyone that wants one can get one. Bad, because even though it's a TRU exclusive, you would hope these Legendary figures would be "rare". But just like LTH, they are not anymore. I'm sure they still made far less Legendary then they did the commons, but still...just when you think you got something rare, it's not.

So to everyone, don't skip work...don't rush to your local TRU. They should have plenty.

You are right about the good and the bad. Activision and TRU is flooding the market with anything that is selling. I really have no problem with this except the collectible value of these exclusives or even our regular figures diminish as the market gets flooded with the same merchandise. The other issue I have is as soon as the Giant's remodeled figures come out, we can expect our collections to probably lose more value. I really don't mind because I do plan to complete a set. What bothers me is now is it looks like our "sealed" sets are worthless because the sequel will have a better set of figures.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
takcom69 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#63 Posted: 17:48:43 18/04/2012
I wouldnt be surprised if toys r us acctually runs out of these they sold out online in 2 or 3 days doubt they will get anymore IMO
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#64 Posted: 18:09:15 18/04/2012
Quote: vinzclortho37
I went to TRU this morning as well. They only had legendaries - no Camo, Warnado or Wham-Shell. Complete waste of time.

Well, except for the little encounter I had with an employee. He tried to tell people in line that the last three aren't even out yet. What? If they aren't out, how come Camo and Warnado have a permanent place on my Skylanders shelf? I believe this was the same employee from the last event, where I saw him unbox Zook and LR for the first people in line. Once they ran out, he proceeded to lie to me, right in my face, and said they didn't get either in. Why lie? What could he possibly have had to gain?

I guess if I worked in retail, I'd be bitter as well.

LOL! I'm going to start carrying my Camo/Warnado/Wham-Shells with me, because I've heard stores say they aren't out. I'll just pull them out and be like, "AND WHAT!?" Then, I will put on my shades, turn around all cool like, and do my pimp walk out of the store.

I gave a little thought to how most of this Skylanders nonsense went down. I know for a fact, some people acted like this, over Skylanders -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEG7Tzrs4Lw

smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#65 Posted: 19:23:29 18/04/2012
LOL I'd love to see the employee's face when you pull out a wham shell. I can't imagine how funny that would look!
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#66 Posted: 21:03:03 18/04/2012
Lol! And I knew no one was going to TRU today. What a waste of time!
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#67 Posted: 01:09:38 19/04/2012
Just stopped by my tru and they have ~60 legendary 3 packs (looks like more than their stock of lth) hahahaha
---
Got 38
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#68 Posted: 01:08:40 23/04/2012
I guess that people are not jumping on these Legendary packs? This is from yesterday (4/21/12) at my local TRU. Lots of them left.

[User Posted Image]

Here is a close up of that poor L-Triggs in the third row down, leftmost side... :-(

[User Posted Image]

"..It's just a flesh wound!"

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#69 Posted: 01:11:58 23/04/2012
LOL^ I would buy that L-Trig.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:12:26 23/04/2012 by AJAwesome
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#70 Posted: 01:20:38 23/04/2012
I got my three pack right and the right leg is out of the hole. And there is like a little scratched up part on his chest.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#71 Posted: 09:27:29 23/04/2012
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
I guess that people are not jumping on these Legendary packs? This is from yesterday (4/21/12) at my local TRU. Lots of them left.

Here in the UK the last 3 times I've been in my local TRU they've had legendary triples in stock (and L-TH... surprise surprise) and I haven't picked one up because I object to paying an extra £3 ($4.83) over the price of their other triples when they're just normal Skylanders... new paint and slightly increased stats don't interest me enough. I'm not 100% sure I'd buy one at the normal £19.99 price either for that matter... but the extra cost is just price gouging imo.

Does it cost more than a normal triple in the US?
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#72 Posted: 12:38:46 23/04/2012
Quote: Deandria
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi

Here in the UK the last 3 times I've been in my local TRU they've had legendary triples in stock (and L-TH... surprise surprise) and I haven't picked one up because I object to paying an extra £3 ($4.83) over the price of their other triples when they're just normal Skylanders... new paint and slightly increased stats don't interest me enough. I'm not 100% sure I'd buy one at the normal £19.99 price either for that matter... but the extra cost is just price gouging imo.

Does it cost more than a normal triple in the US?

No - at US TRU stores all triple packs, adventure packs and legendary packs are US$24.99/ea.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#73 Posted: 13:25:09 23/04/2012
Oh nice. I was thinking they may be all sold out by now, but I'm gonna grab one next time I'm out.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
fateorfear Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#74 Posted: 18:34:15 23/04/2012
Quote: AJAwesome
You know legendarys come in single packs too, thats how I got my legendarys when I went to TRU.

as an employee of TRU, i would just like to say, the reason you dont have a photo of these supposed legendary single packs is because they dont exist, as EVERYONE knows the only one that DOES, is LTH
---
DARK SPYRO HAS RETURNED!!!!
fateorfear Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#75 Posted: 18:36:15 23/04/2012
Quote: AJAwesome
LOL^ I would buy that L-Trig.

me too
---
DARK SPYRO HAS RETURNED!!!!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me