Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Bestbuy getting Wham Shells. [CLOSED]
Alone0129 Green Sparx Gems: 121
#1 Posted: 22:23:25 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Today we had a drop shipment of 15 Wham Shells by themselves. Very odd I thought but they did come. Apparently they were supposed to be part of a shipper display we received but they never came. Anyways, I made sure that when they were sold it was 1 Wham Shell per person so this way it went to people who most likely needed him for their personal collection. So I would start calling your local Bestbuys and asking for their Gaming Dept.
Joker Bingo Green Sparx Gems: 407
#2 Posted: 22:28:25 12/04/2012
USA? What state are you in?
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#3 Posted: 22:29:02 12/04/2012
Holy ****! Awesome man! calling now I pulled up 4 close by on my phone!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#4 Posted: 22:29:11 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes, USA and I am in Virginia
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#5 Posted: 22:29:12 12/04/2012
usa, good. thats me.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#6 Posted: 22:29:22 12/04/2012
FFFFUUUUUUU-!

and I ALMOST checked the BB close to me today. *facepalm*
#7 Posted: 22:37:27 12/04/2012
Called 3 none of them have it yet, here in illinois, well this part of Illinois I'm in.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#8 Posted: 22:38:19 12/04/2012
WAIT!

15?

They come in boxes of 6.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#9 Posted: 22:39:36 12/04/2012
^3 were probably snatched by employees.
#10 Posted: 22:40:16 12/04/2012
I hope that to be the case, and this isn't a joke. I would love to see that Skylander fans can finally get the last character.
---
#11 Posted: 22:45:00 12/04/2012
2 of the 3 Bestbuys I called, stated that Wham-Shell isn't out yet. One manager said that he said "soon" and he said they come in a "triple pack, with Wham-Shell and Ignitor" I think he was confused most likely.
---
IAmSwag Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#12 Posted: 22:45:18 12/04/2012
Just saw a new listing on eBay from a seller in Illinois. A seller sold several yesterday in Washington too.

This could be true after all...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:37 12/04/2012 by IAmSwag
#13 Posted: 22:46:01 12/04/2012
Quote: IAmSwag
Just saw a new listing on eBay from a seller in Illinois

This could be true after all...

Yargh! I live in illinois!
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#14 Posted: 22:48:45 12/04/2012
I was told that Camo and Warnado were not out yet and would be out later in the month...I don't see that especially since I know there's a few people selling them in Ohio. But end of the month is probably when we'll see more of them out at least.

So..is Best Buy the ones that got it exclusively? If we see it at another store, then we'll know we just got it late for some reason.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#15 Posted: 22:50:19 12/04/2012
Another release where only a few stores have them. v__v
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#16 Posted: 22:50:22 12/04/2012
OP, am I to understand that these would NOT come in the regular shipments on a truck that Best Buy receives? They would come via some sort of courier during the day?
#17 Posted: 22:50:46 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: GameMaster78
WAIT!

15?

They come in boxes of 6.

Like I said, they were supposed to be part of a shipper that we received 2 weeks ago. At least that is what the gaming supervisor told me. We also get a lot of this like this in re-pack boxes and our drop shipments usually contain more than 6 skylanders.
#18 Posted: 22:51:30 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: PlayableMoogle
OP, am I to understand that these would NOT come in the regular shipments on a truck that Best Buy receives? They would come via some sort of courier during the day?

Ours were dropped off by UPS. That is how they usually are delivered but we do at times get them in re-packs.
#19 Posted: 22:57:25 12/04/2012
I sent you a PM, Alone.
---
#20 Posted: 22:57:25 12/04/2012
Quote: Alone0129

Ours were dropped off by UPS. That is how they usually are delivered but we do at times get them in re-packs.

my bestbuys said "we get truck in on Tuesday and Thursday so call back Wednesday and Friday."

So does that mean, it won't be on the normal truck delivery then right?
---
#21 Posted: 23:00:15 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: StormbringerGT

my bestbuys said "we get truck in on Tuesday and Thursday so call back Wednesday and Friday."

So does that mean, it won't be on the normal truck delivery then right?

That doesn't sound right. Our truck is Mondays and Thursdays but like I said these were a drop shipment by UPS around 2pm today. I haven't seen Skylanders on a normal truck since Christmas, they have all been UPS since then. It could my area too since I am on the east coast.
#22 Posted: 23:04:57 12/04/2012
Yeah I guess I'll have to hammer them everyday then with phone calls. I hate doing that but what options do I have?
---
#23 Posted: 23:05:33 12/04/2012
Alone, I sent you a PM. Can you reply to that PM, please?
---
Zzyzyx Gold Sparx Gems: 2374
#24 Posted: 23:07:42 12/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT
2 of the 3 Bestbuys I called, stated that Wham-Shell isn't out yet. One manager said that he said "soon" and he said they come in a "triple pack, with Wham-Shell and Ignitor" I think he was confused most likely.

I called my closest Best Buy and they said the same thing about Wham Shell only coming in a triple pack with Ignitor. Wonder where they are getting this info, doesn't sound right.
#25 Posted: 23:08:18 12/04/2012
Sounds like misinformed people.
---
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#26 Posted: 23:10:55 12/04/2012
Well, now I'm convinced to be checking Best Buy more often
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
#27 Posted: 23:12:47 12/04/2012
Too bad Best Buys Website is useless for checking though.
---
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#28 Posted: 23:13:50 12/04/2012
Can anyone confirm these are at Best Buy, I haven't been able to get through to any Best Buys near me...been placed on hold for a long time now...either everyone is calling right now or they just don't answer phones anymore, lol.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#29 Posted: 23:17:14 12/04/2012
I sent you a PM, Alone.

What a surprise smilie
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#30 Posted: 23:18:15 12/04/2012
Quote: sykotek
Can anyone confirm these are at Best Buy, I haven't been able to get through to any Best Buys near me...been placed on hold for a long time now...either everyone is calling right now or they just don't answer phones anymore, lol.

Called five near me, Near Downers Grove Illinois. Nothing yet. They all said Skylanders come on a truck though...
---
IAmSwag Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#31 Posted: 23:28:59 12/04/2012
Quote: Himewad
I sent you a PM, Alone.

What a surprise smilie

LOL. I thought the same thing. Must be super confidential smilie
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#32 Posted: 23:34:02 12/04/2012
I sent you a PM, Alone.

What a surprise smilie

If I had a Wham Shell, I would certainly take him up on his generous offer of Camo, Warnado, and Volcanic Vault.

Hey, someone has to, otherwise they will still be in his closet along with those triple-packs six months from now.
#33 Posted: 23:38:20 12/04/2012

I would like to confirm this. However, based on the fact he won't answer the question in my PM, I am leaning toward this POSSIBLY not being accurate.

It's a simple question I asked of him, but he never replied, but was still replying here. smilie

If he answers the question I asked in PM, it will state if this has legs or not.

EDIT: Another reason I don't know if I believe this, is because only one showed up from IL, on Ebay. We all know multiple states have shown these, but they're using pics people took of them from Australia.

If Alone sold all 15, at 1 per customer, more than one would surely be on Ebay. If he came here and said, "We still have some instore," I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to answer the question I PM'd him (here is where the assumers get to look dumb for thinking WHY I PM'd him), which was, "What is the SKU for Wham Shell?" However, if he stated they came in a BIG BOX with other Skylanders, he could give us the UPC for Wham, on the bottom of the package. It would help a lot of people looking for him, I'm sure.

So, that's why I don't know what to believe of this.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:44:50 12/04/2012 by GameMaster78
#34 Posted: 23:53:04 12/04/2012
Maybe he's ignoring you smilie
---
#35 Posted: 23:53:18 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator

I would like to confirm this. However, based on the fact he won't answer the question in my PM, I am leaning toward this POSSIBLY not being accurate.

It's a simple question I asked of him, but he never replied, but was still replying here. smilie

If he answers the question I asked in PM, it will state if this has legs or not.

EDIT: Another reason I don't know if I believe this, is because only one showed up from IL, on Ebay. We all know multiple states have shown these, but they're using pics people took of them from Australia.

If Alone sold all 15, at 1 per customer, more than one would surely be on Ebay. If he came here and said, "We still have some instore," I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to answer the question I PM'd him (here is where the assumers get to look dumb for thinking WHY I PM'd him), which was, "What is the SKU for Wham Shell?" However, if he stated they came in a BIG BOX with other Skylanders, he could give us the UPC for Wham, on the bottom of the package. It would help a lot of people looking for him, I'm sure.

This is exactly the reason I won't answer you. You want the SKU number for this particular model. I am not sure why you think giving you a SKU helps when you can't search for SKUs on BBYs website and it only works in our RSS system and Bestbuy employees are not allowed to give you specific quantities of any item we carry. All we can say is yay or nay if we have them in stock or not. I have absolutely no reason to lie, and if you saw my other posts I have always given correct information when it comes to what Bestbuy sells. IN FACT, I helped Skylanderdad who lives in the same city as me and have actually met him in person at my job. I work security for my particular Bestbuy and don't spend much time on the floor but the gaming supervisor and GM made sure it was 1 per customer and WHY would you believe with a 100% certainty that someone would sell it on ebay from my store?

Why is it that if the information doesn't come from you then you can't believe it? Because someone was lucky enough to get it before you can buy 6 of them for no damn reason? Believe me or not I honestly don't care, but from now on I won't be giving any information out. This isn't the first time this has happened on this board and I guess it won't be the last.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:38 12/04/2012 by Alone0129
#36 Posted: 23:55:41 12/04/2012
Zzzzzzzziiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggg!!!!!!!!
---
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#37 Posted: 23:59:59 12/04/2012
Alone, FWIW, I think many people definitely appreciate your heads-up for what it is, and at face-value. Now it's time for us to do leg-work at our respective stores to put these Wham Shells to bed! smilie
#38 Posted: 00:00:03 13/04/2012
[User Posted Image] for the OP
#39 Posted: 00:00:48 13/04/2012
Oh also are Best Buy employees allowed to hold one for us, if we call and ask.

Thanks! smilie
---
#40 Posted: 00:02:23 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
This is correct. The sales operator can and will go out on the floor and look for it if you call. If they have it they will hold it at store pick up next to customer service for the rest of the day with your name on it. In fact, you can pay for it over the phone if you want. That helps them out actually.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:49 13/04/2012 by Alone0129
#41 Posted: 00:13:30 13/04/2012
Wow I'm down for paying over the phone.

The hunt begins anew...
---
Scorpion Green Sparx Gems: 499
#42 Posted: 00:22:11 13/04/2012
I sent you a PM, Alone.

What a surprise smilie

Quick, I need 5 NOW.
#43 Posted: 00:27:50 13/04/2012

This is exactly the reason I won't answer you. You want the SKU number for this particular model. I am not sure why you think giving you a SKU helps when you can't search for SKUs on BBYs website and it only works in our RSS system and Bestbuy employees are not allowed to give you specific quantities of any item we carry. All we can say is yay or nay if we have them in stock or not. I have absolutely no reason to lie, and if you saw my other posts I have always given correct information when it comes to what Bestbuy sells. IN FACT, I helped Skylanderdad who lives in the same city as me and have actually met him in person at my job. I work security for my particular Bestbuy and don't spend much time on the floor but the gaming supervisor and GM made sure it was 1 per customer and WHY would you believe with a 100% certainty that someone would sell it on ebay from my store?

Why is it that if the information doesn't come from you then you can't believe it? Because someone was lucky enough to get it before you can buy 6 of them for no damn reason? Believe me or not I honestly don't care, but from now on I won't be giving any information out. This isn't the first time this has happened on this board and I guess it won't be the last.

I meant UPC, not SKU. UPC could help a lot of people here. Look at my sig, bro. I'm 37/37. I consider myself to have them. However, don't rage just because I am hesitant. It's the internet afterall. Everyone needs proof, generally.

However, mine wasn't about proof, more than it was that you should provide the UPC to people here who can use it to help in their search.

I suppose it's the nature of the internet, for people to be hesitant over some types of news, while some misunderstand the intentions of why people ask what they ask.

I personally think you should provide the UPC for those here who need him. I don't need him, so I'm not losing any sleep if you do or don't. Again, no need to rage because I think it'd be nice if you shared with everyone here. smilie

EDIT: Oh, and if you want to find the UPC, just look at your sales screen. You can find sales from the past few months. Just look for the last couple of Skylanders that sold. If you can't determine the UPC, I will happily provide the UPC of ALL Skylanders, so you can find which one was for Wham-Shell. This is, again, to help others who need him.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:31:54 13/04/2012 by GameMaster78
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#44 Posted: 00:30:22 13/04/2012
I highly doubt he will show up at the Best Buy store here. They've had nothing but empty pegs in the Skylander section for months.
#45 Posted: 00:30:31 13/04/2012
If you don't need him, then why ask for the UPC in a private PM instead of in the forums? If you just want it for the peeps, then sending a PM is completely unnecessary.
---
#46 Posted: 00:34:32 13/04/2012
Scalpers, dude. Thought you knew?

However, I wanted to show why assumptions are the mother of all **** ups. smilie

Again, to Alone, look up the sales screen of your store. Look for the past few Skylanders to sell that have the same matching UPC. That way you can help people here. I mean, you were nice enough to post the info you did, so why not take it a step further? I'm sure people here would be very appreciative.

If you need the UPC of every Skylander, I can provide that, so you can see which UPC on the sales screen doesn't match the ones I list. That would be Wham-Shell.
---
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#47 Posted: 00:36:31 13/04/2012
If you don't need him, then why ask for the UPC in a private PM instead of in the forums? If you just want it for the peeps, then sending a PM is completely unnecessary.

Your right Hime. What are you up to GM? Are you going to get the UPC so you can buy up all the Whams and sell them on ebay for $300 apeice, giving you the proper funding to launch a full scale invasion on the National Milkshake Incorparation? (NMI) there by giving you complete control over the world's supply of milkshakes? You are truly a monster GM, an evil, skylanders crazed, monster.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:06 13/04/2012 by Reaganag
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#48 Posted: 00:41:30 13/04/2012
I called a few of my local (and not so local) Best Buys and finally got through to them. No Wham-Shells anywhere around these parts.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Scorpion Green Sparx Gems: 499
#49 Posted: 00:42:26 13/04/2012
No Wham-Shells in Richmond.
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#50 Posted: 00:46:00 13/04/2012
yippie spyros adventure is complete lets do the lightning rod [Image Unavailable]
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me