Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What Now!?!?!?? [CLOSED]
CynderFanatic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3028
#1 Posted: 23:57:58 10/04/2012 | Topic Creator
So...in my own personal Skylanders hunt: the first 3 months of the year were basically ALL empty shelves, in all stores. Now, here we are in April and all the shelves, for the most part, are fully stocked. Albeit, mostly with waves 1 - 3.

So, if the stores have stocked shelves what's going to motivate them to order more, as in waves 4 & 5? Once a lady working in Target told me she wasn't ordering anymore until the stock they had sold out.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie Hey Ladies smilie smilie smilie smilie
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#2 Posted: 00:02:17 11/04/2012
Stupid supply and demand! at least get figures that will move not selves full of boomers and eruptors.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#3 Posted: 00:05:08 11/04/2012
I was physically in TRU today and talked to an employee. He had 4 or 5 cases of skylanders. He said hes not putting them out until some of these old ones sell. I turned and look at the legendary Trigger Happies and Drobots and Stump Smashes and I cried inside...
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#4 Posted: 00:17:12 11/04/2012
Storm, that's BS, you have a right to look at what they have. If it's something that is stockable, they have to put it out unless otherwise stated by management. You should have requested to at leas see what they have...
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
SkyWarrior23 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#5 Posted: 00:17:55 11/04/2012
This was my concern with Camo and Warnado showing up at Walmart. The stores are fully stocked with older figures, so when they receive new shipments, the boxes could be sitting in the back for weeks until the old ones sell and shelf space frees up.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Alone0129 Green Sparx Gems: 121
#6 Posted: 00:19:30 11/04/2012
Always ask to see their stock. A store will not deny you a sale. If they did talk to management. Either they take 5 minutes to make a sale or they lose money.
#7 Posted: 00:19:32 11/04/2012
The problem is I'm a quiet and sorta shy person I'm not very pushy. However yeah I wish I leaned on him a bit... smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Millerman7669 Blue Sparx Gems: 581
#8 Posted: 00:21:56 11/04/2012
Everyone should educate their local sellers at Target TRU walmart etc and say that the supply and demand is for waves 4 and 5 and that they should put out ALL stock wherever they can(saw a walmart stocking ALL product on an end cap and on top of their soda machines). Just a friendly reminder that not all the world is obsessed with Skylanders like we are.
Angel Wing Green Sparx Gems: 361
#9 Posted: 00:53:43 11/04/2012
Quote: Millerman7669
Everyone should educate their local sellers at Target TRU walmart etc and say that the supply and demand is for waves 4 and 5 and that they should put out ALL stock wherever they can(saw a walmart stocking ALL product on an end cap and on top of their soda machines). Just a friendly reminder that not all the world is obsessed with Skylanders like we are.

Obsession? What Obsession of Skylanders are you talking about? (Goes to Walmart grabs a cart, charges to Electronics and finds 75 skylanders, waves 1-4, grabs all skylanders goes to cashier and pays money, walking away saying I wonder how much room I will need to place these guys with my other 90 skylanders. Hehehehe, Locks self in Basement Laughing 'til I turn 73) There isn't an obsession.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
#10 Posted: 00:56:06 11/04/2012
I've got 4 of every lord of the ring Lego Sets Pre-ordered. I have no idea why people get obsessed over things. Honestly...
---
#11 Posted: 00:59:28 11/04/2012
I am obsessed with pokemon lol. I got like 40 Figures and about 20 Plushies and even posters and Artwork, which I should post.
---
Raine's Collection [smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie][smiliesmilie]
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#12 Posted: 01:13:25 11/04/2012
^ Same here smilie, except I don't have posters, but I do have one of Pokemon Black/White with all of the Pokemon from the game on it. I have a lot of Pokemon and other video game figures and plushies...I know, I'm weird smilie!

I guess that I like the " smilie " face.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#13 Posted: 01:27:43 11/04/2012
I made clay guys and hand painted them like, 15 years ago when the first games came out! I gave most of them away I still got some though.

These guys here are largely unfinished, which is the only reason I still have them. I had to dig them out of an old show box. They are dusty, and have paint chipped and pieces missing. Poor guys. I made Chikorita only like 10 or so years ago. So hes newer! smilie

[User Posted Image]

I miss doing these, I did almost all 150, had cool guys like Mewtwo and such. I made them because I wanted to have them all side by side in scale size since they didn't have toys at the time that did them in scale size to each other.. As the years went on I gave them out for gifts and what not.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:32:11 11/04/2012 by StormbringerGT
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#14 Posted: 02:31:29 11/04/2012
If I was activision I would send vendors out to the stores in about a month to grab stagnant stock. They then either reimburse the store at cost allowing the shelves to be restocked with new landers or switch them out at the store with faster movers. They can then repaint these unmoving figures as variants.

They do this in the comic industry. It has also been known to occur with a couple of toy lines like Disneys' Cars.
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#15 Posted: 02:37:42 11/04/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe
If I was activision I would send vendors out to the stores in about a month to grab stagnant stock. They then either reimburse the store at cost allowing the shelves to be restocked with new landers or switch them out at the store with faster movers. They can then repaint these unmoving figures as variants.

They do this in the comic industry. It has also been known to occur with a couple of toy lines like Disneys' Cars.

Activision should fix their terrible distribution. At this point all, cases should only contain the figures from wave 4-5 or 3-5. All those late adopters have had their chance to get whatever wave 1-3 figures that they've missed and only the new figures should be coming out of those cases. This will balance everything out since everyone will be looking for these figures at one point. If they retailers are going to wait out for the shelves to empty then we won't be seeing the newer figures for a while. I guess the bottom line is I am tried hunting these down. Why the heck does it take so much effort this find just 3 figures?!
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#16 Posted: 10:16:50 11/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT
I made clay guys and hand painted them like, 15 years ago when the first games came out! I gave most of them away I still got some though.

These guys here are largely unfinished, which is the only reason I still have them. I had to dig them out of an old show box. They are dusty, and have paint chipped and pieces missing. Poor guys. I made Chikorita only like 10 or so years ago. So hes newer! smilie

[User Posted Image]

I miss doing these, I did almost all 150, had cool guys like Mewtwo and such. I made them because I wanted to have them all side by side in scale size since they didn't have toys at the time that did them in scale size to each other.. As the years went on I gave them out for gifts and what not.

Wow that is amazing, Blastoise is cool, but poliwag and vaporeon and dragonair look fantastic, so does little Psyduck. You should make a Politoed smilie my favorite.
---
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#17 Posted: 11:27:22 11/04/2012
Hey activision, release all the new skylanders for giants at once!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#18 Posted: 11:38:03 11/04/2012
The problem is I'm a quiet and sorta shy person I'm not very pushy. However yeah I wish I leaned on him a bit... smilie

you need to have a shaved head and growl like i do ... works every time smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#19 Posted: 11:42:40 11/04/2012
I was kind of pushy at a walmart asking if they had any more in stock and the woman was like "No. What we have is either here (the display near the elctronics desk) or over there (the shelf pegs)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#20 Posted: 11:53:56 11/04/2012

[User Posted Image]

You have inspired me.
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#21 Posted: 12:25:16 11/04/2012
Quote:
I was physically in TRU today and talked to an employee. He had 4 or 5 cases of skylanders. He said hes not putting them out until some of these old ones sell. I turned and look at the legendary Trigger Happies and Drobots and Stump Smashes and I cried inside...

I absolutely believe that is what is happening in the metro Atlanta area. I've been to numerous stores (Best Buy, Gamestop, TRU, Wal-Mart, etc) and seen the shelves overflowing with wave 1-3. TRU is ridiculous with the amount of LTH on their shelves. I've only seen the Zook/L-Rod/Cynder 3-pack at Best Buy and then it's only been one on the shelf. Stores didn't have anything for months and customers were constantly asking when they would get them in. Unfortunately, they perceived that to mean that there was a demand for older figures. They bought based on those perceptions and now they are languishing on the shelf while the newer waves are sitting in the back. If they are put out, it's in real limited quantity and sell out quick.
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#22 Posted: 18:37:35 11/04/2012
The squeaky wheel. . . but I do know what you mean.

I'm generally pretty quiet, but last night at the grocery store (no, I don't think about Skylanders ALL the time, just about 90%) the lettuce was particularly awful--very brown and even a few half-rotten heads. I politely asked the produce guy if there was any more in the back, and he came back instantly with one that was perfectly fresh. I wouldn't normally have asked, but I was proud of myself for standing up.

If the grocery store is doing it, you better believe the big box stores are doing it--holding stuff back until the older stuff sells. If you're firm but polite, they should be more than willing to help you. Don't accept old lettuce. . . I mean old Skylanders. Demand the new!

smilie
#23 Posted: 18:43:13 11/04/2012
It worked last night! I got an employee to look around the back for me, but out of 80 they had in stock non were Camo or Warnado... smilie

EDIT

Thanks for all the kind comments on my clay, kinda Derpy pokemon I made when I was like 16! smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:54 11/04/2012 by StormbringerGT
yohycanti Red Sparx Gems: 87
#24 Posted: 19:33:29 11/04/2012
Quote:
I absolutely believe that is what is happening in the metro Atlanta area. I've been to numerous stores (Best Buy, Gamestop, TRU, Wal-Mart, etc) and seen the shelves overflowing with wave 1-3. TRU is ridiculous with the amount of LTH on their shelves. I've only seen the Zook/L-Rod/Cynder 3-pack at Best Buy and then it's only been one on the shelf. Stores didn't have anything for months and customers were constantly asking when they would get them in. Unfortunately, they perceived that to mean that there was a demand for older figures. They bought based on those perceptions and now they are languishing on the shelf while the newer waves are sitting in the back. If they are put out, it's in real limited quantity and sell out quick.

Correct on all accounts, except for the part about new waves being held in the back. We've never had or seen any singles of Zook/L-rod/Camo/Warnado/Wham-shell, yet. We have so much wave 1-3 to get rid of now (300+ pieces), who knows when we will see them.
zepolystek Green Sparx Gems: 108
#25 Posted: 19:40:46 11/04/2012
Quote: PocketGoddess
The squeaky wheel. . . but I do know what you mean.

I'm generally pretty quiet, but last night at the grocery store (no, I don't think about Skylanders ALL the time, just about 90%) the lettuce was particularly awful--very brown and even a few half-rotten heads. I politely asked the produce guy if there was any more in the back, and he came back instantly with one that was perfectly fresh. I wouldn't normally have asked, but I was proud of myself for standing up.

If the grocery store is doing it, you better believe the big box stores are doing it--holding stuff back until the older stuff sells. If you're firm but polite, they should be more than willing to help you. Don't accept old lettuce. . . I mean old Skylanders. Demand the new!

smilie

Too funny. smilie
---
HAVE smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#26 Posted: 19:45:40 11/04/2012
I'm glad of all the old stock myself, since I'm a new Skylanders addict. Made it easy to get just about everything in just a few days. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me