Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Does anybody have the "exclusive Whirlwind / Drill Sergeant?"
Page 1 of 1
Does anybody have the "exclusive Whirlwind / Drill Sergeant?" [CLOSED]
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#1 Posted: 16:59:52 10/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I want to collect every figure and keep them new in box (thanks to Gamemaster) and I'm more interested in the Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant that have the exclusive printed in their boxes. Does anybody have these for trade if they are in mint condition? I'll give the regular ones plus a couple extra dollars and shipping of course. I'm not sure if they are worth more or not.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#2 Posted: 17:07:54 10/04/2012
I iz evil. I iz bad influence, MWAHAHAHAHA!

I am going to let you in on something I just noticed the past couple of trips looking for Skylanders.

Drill Sergeants have been showing up in mass retail packaging, but is the Walmart version. In other words, darker red, somewhat glossy-black base. I don't know why. I noticed it once at a Best Buy, but saw it again last night at a Walmart.

So, it seems there are two mass retail versions out. Normal base/brighter red, and darker red/glossy base.

I will see if I can't take a pic while out after work today.

I do own the only at versions, though.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:10 10/04/2012 by GameMaster78
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#3 Posted: 17:13:06 10/04/2012
I had considered looking for them too, but figured there wasn't much of a point since I mainly enjoy playing with Skylanders and not keeping them for collecting purposes.

What I can tell you for sure is that I've noticed the Whirlwinds I've seen at Target lately don't have the exclusive printing on the packaging any longer.

I know the differences for Drill Sergeant, but what is the difference with Target exclusive Whirlwind vs. regular Whirlwind?
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 17:24:21 10/04/2012
I actually bought both while they were exclusives, but the dummy in me decided to not buy extras with the special logo on their boxes.

I have a pic of the thing GM is talking about;
[User Posted Image]

The one in the middle is the "new" Drill Sarge, which started appearing in the mass retail ones, while the one on the far left notably is missing the grey/silver paint for the cogs and he's also a bit more glossier in his paint. (Looking really closely at mine, I can actually see little metallic flakes in it!)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:25:14 10/04/2012 by spyroflame0487
#5 Posted: 17:30:12 10/04/2012
Well, now you can get the exclusive version in mass retail packaging. I will see if I can't find two at a store today and take a pic.
---
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#6 Posted: 17:43:32 10/04/2012
I have an extra walmart Drill Sergeant. I actually do not have the whirlwind but I also wanted one with the target symbol. Call it crazy but it should not be that hard to find right?
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#7 Posted: 17:44:35 10/04/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy
I have an extra walmart Drill Sergeant. I actually do not have the whirlwind but I also wanted one with the target symbol. Call it crazy but it should not be that hard to find right?

Well they don't make them anymore with the "X Exclusive" stickers anymore.
I looked up one on ebay and they wanted like $50 for it.
---
#8 Posted: 17:45:20 10/04/2012
@SkyDaddy: Well, given that Target stocks non-exclusive Whirlwinds now...it could be tough. Doesn't really matter though if there's no difference between exclusive Whirlwind and regular Whirlwind (unless you want the packaging)

...if someone here with both could confirm the figures have no differences that'd be awesome because I'm not really sure I believe the single statement I've found regarding it online. Since I'm having trouble sleeping, I guess I'll go out to see if I can confirm whether exclusive Drill Sergeant figure (not packaging) is available at non-Walmart retail and report back as soon as I find one, if I find one.

Edit: Thanks to @spyroflame0487 and @Tashiji below, will be sure to report back with findings of Drill Sergeant to see if it's more than just at isolated markets.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:58:28 10/04/2012 by sykotek
#9 Posted: 17:51:13 10/04/2012
Quote: sykotek
@SkyDaddy: Well, given that Target stocks non-exclusive Whirlwinds now...could be tough. Doesn't really matter though if there's no difference between exclusive Whirlwind and Whirlwind though...if someone with both could confirm.

I think someone said that the bases were different. Like the Target exclusive was whiter. But I've looked at my older one and a newer single pack and they're pretty much the same, although there's like a slight blue hue on the new Whirly's base.

It's not too big of a difference unlike the Drill Sarge. Lemme grab a quick pic.

EDIT: Here we go. One in the box was bought about 2 weeks ago, opened is from the week the game came out. (Whirly was the first Skylander I bought!)

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:57:23 10/04/2012 by spyroflame0487
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#10 Posted: 17:52:47 10/04/2012
Exclusive Whirlwind figures are the same, but UPCs aren't. Small difference, but verifiable. The figures themselves, as far as I can tell, are absolutely identical. The only difference aside from UPC is the Target sticker, which is not printed on the package. Would be fairly easy to fake one of these.
#11 Posted: 17:56:03 10/04/2012
Drill Sergeant is definately different in mass retail versions. However, again, the Walmart version of him has been showing up in the mass retail packs, so think of DS as a variant even as we speak, you can find both versions in stores.

Whirlwind's base, on the Target version, had an un-airbrushed cloud base. New Whirlwinds have a dusty airbrush look on the swirls of the clouds.

I will show the differences once home.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#12 Posted: 18:07:36 10/04/2012
Well I'll be darned, GM, you're absolutely right. Airbrushed swirls on the mass retail version. I guess they're both legitimate variants, just DS a little more so.
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#13 Posted: 18:59:17 10/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I can't even tell a difference to be honest, but all I want it for is the Target / Walmart symbol on the box.
#14 Posted: 19:36:45 10/04/2012
I can see it. Base is white, with no airbrushing streaks. Drill Sergeant can currently be found in all stores, in his former Walmart exclusive colors or newer look.
---
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#15 Posted: 23:46:54 10/04/2012
i have the exclusive drill sergeant because it was free when you got skylanders from big w and it is a lot darker red than the other one and i think big w still sells them that way
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 01:19:24 11/04/2012
@Themrmusicman14: I was just at Walmart earlier today and they had only regular Drill Sergeants.
---
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#17 Posted: 02:23:39 11/04/2012
Big w is different from walmart
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#18 Posted: 02:24:58 11/04/2012
Quote: Zook
I can't even tell a difference to be honest, but all I want it for is the Target / Walmart symbol on the box.

It's just a sticker on a regular box. I'd send you my stickers to slap on your boxes, but I threw them away.
#19 Posted: 03:06:09 11/04/2012
@Themrmusicman14: Oh, I thought it was some nickname you were giving to Walmart, like WallyWorld or other such nonsense...my mistake.
---
#20 Posted: 06:46:53 20/04/2012
Okay, so I just got back from Target today and I've found what I believe to be the exclusive Drill Sergeants as GameMaster78 previously mentioned, unpainted cogs on the base, darker...much more closer to burgundy paint job, so they've definitely reached the West coast at this point in case anyone still cares.
---
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#21 Posted: 07:10:13 20/04/2012
I have the Exclusive Drill Sergeant, and DID have a spare Non-exclusive one, though I'm not sure if it was different since I just now became aware of this just a moment ago. I sadly sold the non-exclusive one so i'm not sure if it was different.

Just took a look at my Drill Serg. And yup he's the Darker Red coloured one, with non-painted cogs. (The base is all one colour) darn, now I need to get the other. Great..just great lol.

This is interesting though C:
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#22 Posted: 14:49:24 20/04/2012
If anyone is still interested I have an exclusive Walmart Drill Serg. in the packaging with the Walmart Exclusive Sticker on it as well.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Gobiin Green Sparx Gems: 221
#23 Posted: 02:15:21 23/04/2012
I have an extra exclusive whirlwind. I will mention here that I do not need it.
Read between the lines on that and pm me so I'm not breaking any forum rules.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Goldsmilie
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#24 Posted: 19:39:30 23/05/2012
I got the mass retail drill seargent from my eb games
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#25 Posted: 19:46:13 23/05/2012
I have acquired exclusive Whirlwind and exclusive Drill Sergeant in addition to my mass retail Whirlwind and Drill Sergeant. I'm gonna take them all down the separate paths. smilie
---
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#26 Posted: 20:26:36 23/05/2012
Huh, I think I have the glossy DS... the non shiny one looks kind of weird to me. I bought it in a three pack though...
---
Are you my mummy?
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#27 Posted: 00:40:41 24/05/2012
I have Target Whirlwind
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me