Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Odd Question for my fellow skylander fans
Page 1 of 1
Odd Question for my fellow skylander fans [CLOSED]
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#1 Posted: 15:14:20 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Are any of you really good at painting the figures? I want a silver dino-rang that looks as close to the real thing as possible. Dont worry, im not trying to resell one or anything, I just want a silver one and am tired of the insane searches and prices. I spent almost 200 on my metallic cynder and if i pay another crazy price for one, my wife will kill me lol.
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#2 Posted: 17:51:34 07/04/2012
i have no clue what i'm talking about, but i'm sure a lite coat of spray paint would work fine for a flat covering like that
#3 Posted: 17:54:01 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
spray paint eh? hmmm
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#4 Posted: 18:45:16 07/04/2012
Be careful of what type of spray you use. It could "melt" the plastic.

Either way I'd prime it.

Heck I'd do one for you if I lived closer!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#5 Posted: 19:02:45 07/04/2012
I think painting the skylanders is actually better than looking around for the silver and gold ones. I mean you would save like $10 and time. I mean the price s on eBay are high for those. Personaly I have no interest in the silvers, gold and blue bash. Why? Because why would you make a colored skylanders really hard to find of all it does is have money, color change, and it's level ten. Now if it were silver or gold in the game then I would buy it. However if I do come across one, I will snatch it for myself seeing how they are rare.
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#6 Posted: 19:50:56 07/04/2012
Quote: Kariana
I sell custom Skylanders figures, good luck that I found this topic! If you want to check out the customs I have made, go to my Deviantart page, KarianaKreations.Deviantart, I have made about 12 different customs now. I made a Legendary Cynder, Legendary Drill Sergent, Gold Whirlwind, Silver Cynder, and more! If you want me to make you a silver Dino-Rang, or any other Skylander I sure can, it'll be $30 and $8 for shipping, for more info PM me on here or message me on Deviantart.

Are they spray painted right? That's very cool! Did you protect the eyes with tape to keep their colors? Great idea!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#7 Posted: 19:54:44 07/04/2012
Nope, they aren't spray painted, I paint them with a tiny paint brush. Actually no I didn't protect the eyes with tape, but wow, that is a great idea! Thanks for that tip!
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 20:39:28 07/04/2012
Honestly a simple sharpie should do the trick just fine, especially if you'll just have it on a shelf or something.

[User Posted Image]

That was the first thing I did with my custom Chop Chop, and I thought the silver looked just fine.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#9 Posted: 20:57:00 07/04/2012
i've painted a few of mine, and ive just used regular acrylic paints. stuff youd get at an art store. they work rather well. sharpies work, but if you handle the figure a lot it will rub off.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Soberranger Red Sparx Gems: 74
#10 Posted: 00:38:17 08/04/2012
They're really easy to paint if you buy the right supplies... I just bought a bundle of acrylic paints at wal mart for like 10 bucks with a few fine tipped brushes ... We have been buying one of each skylander for me, my wife, and my daughter and have started painting them to tell the difference between the three smilie

Here are two we came up with last night :

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#11 Posted: 01:12:10 08/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Did you get my PM, Kariana? if not i messaged ya on deviantart
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:23:08 08/04/2012 by dragon_fang21
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#12 Posted: 02:18:27 08/04/2012
My friend has a gold drill sergeant...of course he WORKS at Toys "R" Us, and snagged it out before it ever went on the shelf. Of all the skylanders they get, he's only seen that one!!
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#13 Posted: 03:25:23 02/05/2012
Quote: Postalgoddess
My friend has a gold drill sergeant...of course he WORKS at Toys "R" Us, and snagged it out before it ever went on the shelf. Of all the skylanders they get, he's only seen that one!!

isnt that against their policy?
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#14 Posted: 03:33:17 02/05/2012
^ It should be, it's not fair for the costumers. It seems like employees are getting the first dibs even if they have to do it sneakingly.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
sfreas2001 Green Sparx Gems: 433
#15 Posted: 03:54:34 02/05/2012
I've made 2 in the past few days using model paint and spraying them with clear coat. I think they come out quite nice.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
37+/37 smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me