Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion
First | Previous | Page 7 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19
Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion [CLOSED]
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#301 Posted: 04:10:51 11/04/2012
very very painfully. I guess Fritos outsourced the program setup to Activisions awesome figure distrution team. Yes, for those of you that are sarcasm impaired, this was it.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
SDMajorTom Green Sparx Gems: 224
#302 Posted: 12:31:17 11/04/2012
so customer service said if that internal server error comes up it just means the code was not a winner.
Rheyvynn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#303 Posted: 13:23:07 11/04/2012
I came into the "call the 866# and it's an instant win" thing late, but still managed to win a couple times on monday (not the 800# though, boo), but does anyone know what they mean when they say "subject (or pending) verification"?
Since the system gets your number, and all you give them is your name and address when you win, are we going to assume they'll just mail them out, or are they going to call back to the number you called from to make sure it's really you, or... ?
I didn't see anything stating the spicifics on that anywhere in the thread, or in the "official rules" either... Anyone know?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#304 Posted: 13:31:49 11/04/2012
It probably just means if they can't understand you, they won't mail you anything.
What sucks is they'll probably do that for a majority of "winners". Really your best bet is to buy a bag and win, since they send you a physical email and is at least a record of your win.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#305 Posted: 13:33:28 11/04/2012
they are using "subject verification" as legalese for as long as everything checks out. This gives them a legal out if they notice that they are shipping 3,000 figures to the same house. This way when they refuse that person they have a reduced legal claim against activision and frito lay because their win was "subject verification".
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#306 Posted: 14:43:10 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
It probably just means if they can't understand you, they won't mail you anything.
What sucks is they'll probably do that for a majority of "winners". Really your best bet is to buy a bag and win, since they send you a physical email and is at least a record of your win.

I won 4 times with online codes, I never got any emails.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
#307 Posted: 14:49:38 11/04/2012
Quote: Postalgoddess

Really?! I won on the random figure code and got an email confirming my win and a link in case I got an error and was unable to enter my information.
I wonder if they just do it for the random one?
---
#308 Posted: 14:58:45 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Postalgoddess

OMG!! They were in my spam folder!! Thanks for the info. I feel much better now!!! smilie
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#309 Posted: 18:28:26 11/04/2012
So is everyone still getting that server error issue? I'm going to call them later or tomorrow because I have to go to college soon.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#310 Posted: 19:06:53 11/04/2012
I haven't tried entering a code today, as I only have one left and I'm somewhat nervous that it too will end up being wasted to a server error. However, I called in and lost on the 866 and the 800 numbers this morning when I called in (from my phone, and my wifes). I called back in to the 800 number to get ahold of someone and see if any answers were pending. I got nothin'. The fella I spoke with today said that I now need to wait 8-10 days before I call back as requests to their superiors could take up to that long to be responded to. He had no info whatsoever about the internal server error or what may be causing it.

Quote: Madel
Quote: Themrmusicman14
so are people actually buying them or are they just phoning up those different number? i am really confused but i do live in australia and have no what "Frito Lay" is

Frito Lay is a potato chip brand. I believe they're owned by Pepsi, but don't hold me to that.

And people are doing both, in all honesty. Unfortunately, the promotion is limited to the US.

Frito Lay is definately owned by Pepsi Co. When I was done talking this morning we said our goodbyes and the guy I was talking to said "Thanks for calling Pepsi-Co".
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:09:43 11/04/2012 by Seewolfe78
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#311 Posted: 19:35:29 11/04/2012
Frito Lay's exist in Australia as both Lay's and Smith's crisps.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#312 Posted: 19:58:35 11/04/2012
Hmm..checked the local Acme, and all the bags are regular ones. (Except for a few that have a granola bar inside). I'd have to check the ones down in Akron, but...that's kind of weird.

I'm guessing not all stores are participating in it, and that also means that not every store in TrueValu's corporation will have them.
Checked the Gamestop next door but just some Wave 3 stuff lawl

I haven't called the 800 number recently..has anyone won on that one yet?
---
#313 Posted: 20:04:13 11/04/2012
Hmm..checked the local Acme, and all the bags are regular ones. (Except for a few that have a granola bar inside). I'd have to check the ones down in Akron, but...that's kind of weird.

I'm guessing not all stores are participating in it, and that also means that not every store in TrueValu's corporation will have them.
Checked the Gamestop next door but just some Wave 3 stuff lawl

I haven't called the 800 number recently..has anyone won on that one yet?

Not sure if this'll make a difference in helping you. When my mom went to her Acme for me she said that they only had 2 bags with Stumpy mixed in where the regular stock of the chips would be, but when she went around to the next aisle they had a big display of them. Maybe check the endcaps and center aisle displays before you give up on a particular store. Good luck!
---
GSOsmilie
#314 Posted: 20:13:37 11/04/2012
Quote: Seewolfe78

Not sure if this'll make a difference in helping you. When my mom went to her Acme for me she said that they only had 2 bags with Stumpy mixed in where the regular stock of the chips would be, but when she went around to the next aisle they had a big display of them. Maybe check the endcaps and center aisle displays before you give up on a particular store. Good luck!

That's what I was thinking too, but I looked all through them, and all around the store for single displays. I'd guess maybe ours didn't get them or don't have them out yet or something.
---
#315 Posted: 20:31:35 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator

That's what I was thinking too, but I looked all through them, and all around the store for single displays. I'd guess maybe ours didn't get them or don't have them out yet or something.

Check the expiration dates too. My original purchase was exp May 22...they had non skylander bags with the same date. My second find had an exp of June 05...again...non skylander bags with that date also. I looked at Kmart, for giggles, since nobody has mentioned that...and they had exp date of apr 10 (yesterday, eew) so...they probably have skylander bags rotting in the back room because they are not selling their current stock. Just saying, maybe use the dates as a guideline....if the front stock has exp for end of apr, it is possible they are delaying the promo, to sell the older stuff first.
---
#316 Posted: 20:35:42 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SDMajorTom
so customer service said if that internal server error comes up it just means the code was not a winner.

So pretty safe to assume, that since we provided our email address along with the code entry, if we had won...we would have gotten the email saying so....that includes the link in case you had difficulties.
---
#317 Posted: 20:47:11 11/04/2012
Yeah, if the rep had any idea what they were talking about. Both reps I spoke with had heard nothing about the error at all. I have no idea what to think at this point. I'm really hoping they email me back at some point here soon though.
---
GSOsmilie
#318 Posted: 21:22:19 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I did another code, same internal error, gonna call tomorrow.
---
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6335
#319 Posted: 21:25:33 11/04/2012
Are you using the right code website I heard the code site s are diff. The website I know is the one I used for the game, skylanders.com/fritolayadventure
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#320 Posted: 22:59:56 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: AJAwesome
Are you using the right code website I heard the code site s are diff. The website I know is the one I used for the game, skylanders.com/fritolayadventure

Yes, it is the correct site. I am very careful to use the site as printed on the contest card. I called Frito Lay, I am now also waiting for a call back from them.
---
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#321 Posted: 23:11:51 11/04/2012
I used my second of five codes today and also got the error message
#322 Posted: 23:15:19 11/04/2012
Please call and complain! I'm not sure it'll do any good, but the more complaints that get filed the better our chances of getting the issue resolved.
---
GSOsmilie
#323 Posted: 23:47:04 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Please call and complain! I'm not sure it'll do any good, but the more complaints that get filed the better our chances of getting the issue resolved.

Already done!! Waiting for reply.
---
#324 Posted: 00:16:09 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
So here is my theory...if we DID actually submit our codes (and win with it)....we would have gotten an email saying we were a "winner". Within the email, there is a link to enter your info, in case you had "trouble". This is the email (minus the link):

Congratulations, you are a winner in the Frito-Lay Skylanders promotion.

If you had trouble claiming your prize or completing your registration, please click on the below link.

~~~~insert link here~~~~

If you were able to successfully provide us with your name and complete address, then you can disregard this email.

Your prize will be shipped in 6-8 weeks.

Once again, congratulations and thank you for purchasing our products and participating in this promotion.

Sincerely,

Frito-Lay, Inc.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:07 12/04/2012 by Postalgoddess
#325 Posted: 00:40:51 12/04/2012
Good info. Could you post the title of the email so folks can watch their inbox/spam folders more easily?
---
GSOsmilie
#326 Posted: 00:42:55 12/04/2012
Good info. Could you post the title of the email so folks can watch their inbox/spam folders more easily?

It's from "Frito-Lay, Inc." and the title is "Congratulations!".
---
#327 Posted: 00:44:14 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator

It just says

Frito-Lay, Inc. <---- sender
Congratulations. <---- subject

....and please don't forget that mine went directly to my spam folder!!!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:29:00 12/04/2012 by Postalgoddess
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#328 Posted: 00:44:31 12/04/2012
800: "due to system difficulties" on first try, didn't win on the second try.

866: it asked for my DOB and name and address, but never actually said if i won or not. after giving my address it just said "thanks for calling the skylanders instant win game line" and hung up. that was weird.
#329 Posted: 00:46:05 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
This just in....my mom just won on the 866#!!! At least we know there is still hope!
---
#330 Posted: 01:27:29 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Osbor
800: "due to system difficulties" on first try, didn't win on the second try.

866: it asked for my DOB and name and address, but never actually said if i won or not. after giving my address it just said "thanks for calling the skylanders instant win game line" and hung up. that was weird.

If it brought you to the part where you record your name and address, you won....cause otherwise it just says sorry, you are not a winner.
---
#331 Posted: 01:48:25 12/04/2012
Won on the 866 lost on the 800 Also have a few codes for the limited im still worried about this whole server thing
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#332 Posted: 01:57:18 12/04/2012
Yea I won om 866 haven't called 800 yet I still haven't found codes around here smilie
---
37/37
#333 Posted: 05:05:18 12/04/2012
I just won the 866 number also! It seems like it selects a certain hour or time of day and anyone who calls within that time, they are a winner.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:05:57 12/04/2012 by OpalOsprey
IAmSwag Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#334 Posted: 05:27:23 12/04/2012
Found plenty of bags today at Albertsons with the Stump Smash promotion. I grabbed three of them.

After reading several posts from other users about the internal server error, I was very hesitant on redeeming my codes but temptation kicked in.

First try and voila! No error or complications. Got the email instantly too.

From the email...

Congratulations, you are a winner in the Frito-Lay Skylanders promotion.

If you had trouble claiming your prize or completing your registration, please click on the below link.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:29:24 12/04/2012 by IAmSwag
#335 Posted: 05:35:16 12/04/2012
I just entered my first code and I won =)! I didn't receive the error so I'm not sure why others did. Good luck and I hope that the server error can be fixed for you.
---

#336 Posted: 05:39:21 12/04/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
I just entered my first code and I won =)! I didn't receive the error so I'm not sure why others did. Good luck and I hope that the server error can be fixed for you.

I see what you did there. You didn't want to waste your code until someone posted positive results =] Kidding...

Congrats man. Are the prizes limited to 1 per household? I got 2 more codes to kill so I'm curious.
#337 Posted: 05:46:14 12/04/2012
That's what I was waiting for! I just tried the 800, and lost. Then tried the 866, and won! Then came on here to post that and saw y'all were wininng on the codes for Stumpy, so I gave it a shot, AND WON! WOOT! Enter now before the servers crash again! Good Luck All!

Edit: NICE! I just got the confirmation email too. It even stayed in my inbox instead of getting spam dumped!
---
GSOsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:52:07 12/04/2012 by Seewolfe78
#338 Posted: 06:21:13 12/04/2012
Quote: IAmSwag

I see what you did there. You didn't want to waste your code until someone posted positive results =] Kidding...

Congrats man. Are the prizes limited to 1 per household? I got 2 more codes to kill so I'm curious.

^ The Flocked Stump Smash might be limited to one per household, maybe that's why others are receiving the "server error" message due to them entering a code before. Has anyone entered a code for the first time that didn't enter one ever before and received the server error message?
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:22:11 12/04/2012 by OpalOsprey
#339 Posted: 06:25:34 12/04/2012

^ The Flocked Stump Smash might be limited to one per household, maybe that's why others are receiving the "server error" message due to them entering a code before. Has anyone entered a code for the first time that didn't enter one ever before and received the server error message?

Postal won four times online. It says 1 play per 24 hours. I'm not sure if he entered them all at once or whether he used new email and home addys.

I just used another code with a different email and addy and won again.
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#340 Posted: 06:29:48 12/04/2012
I have no codes (no Albertsons in my area) and I only play once a day via the 800 number... and it just told me I lost... :'(
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#341 Posted: 06:35:31 12/04/2012

The code I just won on was the second one I ever entered. The first code I entered gave me the server error message at 8:22PM EST on 10/04/2012.

Quote: sykotek
I have no codes (no Albertsons in my area) and I only play once a day via the 800 number... and it just told me I lost... :'(

I've had no luck with the 800 number (I still try every day though), I finally I called a family member in another state to help me find bags, they just read me the codes over the phone and next time I see them I'll pay 'em for the chips! Try some out of area family or friends...Good Luck!
---
GSOsmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:42:37 12/04/2012 by Seewolfe78
#342 Posted: 06:41:21 12/04/2012
double post...sorry
---
GSOsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:42:08 12/04/2012 by Seewolfe78
#343 Posted: 06:46:38 12/04/2012
Limit one (1) Play per day per person/email address/phone number, per Play method. A "day" is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT, except for the first day of the Game which shall be defined as 12:00:00 p.m. CT to 11:59:59 p.m. CT and the last day of the Game which shall be defined as 12:00:00 a.m. CT to 11:59:59 a.m. CT.
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#344 Posted: 07:07:55 12/04/2012
Alas, I have no close family out of state and I refuse to pay for codes or the prize, so I'll just keep working on the 800 number and hope that I'll win...and if I don't, I don't...not going to lose any sleep over it.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#345 Posted: 07:23:07 12/04/2012
Quote: sykotek
Alas, I have no close family out of state and I refuse to pay for codes or the prize, so I'll just keep working on the 800 number and hope that I'll win...and if I don't, I don't...not going to lose any sleep over it.

Ah, I see. Well, best of luck calling. I know that at least a few people have posted that they won on the 800 number, so it's not impossible, just not probable.
---
GSOsmilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#346 Posted: 09:00:16 12/04/2012
looking forward to see pic of thiz fur stomp smash.... post it here wen you got it....
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6335
#347 Posted: 11:34:36 12/04/2012
Can someone PM me a code please no store near me have these bags and the 800 number never wins!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#348 Posted: 12:44:43 12/04/2012
ok just called the 800 # lost called the 866 # won typed one of my codes in for the stump smash and won phew was so happy to not see that server error
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#349 Posted: 12:52:52 12/04/2012
Anyone have an extra Stumpy code they want rid of??
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
RyanidePoison Green Sparx Gems: 140
#350 Posted: 13:15:23 12/04/2012
Hooray! I had to travel a state over to get a bag of chips from a participating store, but it payed off because I just won a Stump Smash!!! I felt so good about it that I called both hotlines too. Lost on the 866, won on 800. It's a good day.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
First | Previous | Page 7 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me