Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion
First | Previous | Page 13 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion [CLOSED]
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#601 Posted: 02:39:49 19/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
^ Opal, you just made me feel realllllly old right then! I think Star Wars just game out the year I was born...to put it in perspective... Gonna go cry and die inside now.

1977 was a great year. And when we were kids, we had to eat 15 boxes of cereal just to collect enough proofs-of-purchase to send in for a free action figure. Forget about WINNING one...we all knew those games were rigged. But we LIKED it! If we wanted an interactive toy, we launched a little green army man with a parachute into the air then tried to shoot him down with a slingshot.

Now you dad'gum kids get offa' my lawn!
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#602 Posted: 03:06:22 19/04/2012
^ amen! I used to steal the toy out of the box before my brother could get to it. We eventually implemented a rule. You had to be the one to pour it into your bowl to win it. lol. I know he cheated to win a lot...sneaky bastard!
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#603 Posted: 12:05:10 19/04/2012
Dont give the same address every time because they will disqualify you.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Rheyvynn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#604 Posted: 12:33:31 19/04/2012
Why would they disqualify you?
It states "one per person, per phone number, per email address, per play method, per day".
Nothing about "per household".
So as long as the person is 13 or older, they can win once per day on each phone line.
If more than one person in the same house plays, then there is nothing in the rules stating that it is an invalid play.
#605 Posted: 13:04:31 19/04/2012
Actually, a couple things I noticed while reading through the rules specifics, and I would like eveyone's take on these...
If this has already been brough up on here, and I somehow missed it, I apologize. smilie

1) It states "Randomly selected times, during the Game Period, will be chosen by the independent judging organization (the "Judges"), and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer(s) on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Game Period) will win a prize (subject to verification). All Plays must be properly received and recorded by Sponsor's computer within the Game Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address or phone number during the Game Period."

Now, THAT makes it seem as though, even though the recording is saying "CONGRATULATIONS! You've won!" that actually we just won a CHANCE, and judges will randomly select a person at, say, 11am that called in or played on line, and that ONE person will win. Am I reading that wrong?

Also 2) WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued phone or Internet service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in participant's email, phone number, and/or mailing address. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if prize is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address, if winner cannot be contacted or verified, if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, or if winner is otherwise disqualified, prize will be forfeited. Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor's parent or legal guardian. Prizes will be shipped within 6-8 weeks of winner verification.

So, according to that, people who win on the phone lines should be getting a call to verify they are a winner? Has ANYone received a call back verifying that they won?
This all seems very odd to me, especially since everyone (myself included) seems to think that when you call and it says you've won, that... well... you've won.
Anyone have any insight?
SDMajorTom Green Sparx Gems: 224
#606 Posted: 13:16:55 19/04/2012
pretty sure they wouldnt spend that kind of time calling back winners
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#607 Posted: 13:36:40 19/04/2012
Yeah, no, I think you're overthinking it, Rheyvnn. I'm pretty sure that placing the call and having your information recorded WAS the win. As denoted by the response being, "Congratulations! You've one a Skylanders character blah blah blah".
SDMajorTom Green Sparx Gems: 224
#608 Posted: 13:40:38 19/04/2012
yea or why would they even waste saying you won or you didnt and even recording your info that would just be a waste of the equipment they are using
#609 Posted: 14:17:32 19/04/2012
Yeah, I probably am WAY overthinking it.
But at the same, though we are but a small selection of people in comparisson to the whole, it sure seems like a LOT of people are just plain winning. lol
I mean, with 4 kids who all play the game, especially since they love certain characters so much they want to carry them with them wherever they go and even take them to bed at night, getting all the extra figures and having back ups "just in case" for no more cost than a phone call would sure be nice.
#610 Posted: 15:09:24 19/04/2012
Quote: Rheyvynn
But at the same, though we are but a small selection of people in comparisson to the whole, it sure seems like a LOT of people are just plain winning. lol
I mean, with 4 kids who all play the game, especially since they love certain characters so much they want to carry them with them wherever they go and even take them to bed at night, getting all the extra figures and having back ups "just in case" for no more cost than a phone call would sure be nice.

As has been pointed out in this thread, including by me, I don't think this whole event has gotten a sufficient amount of publicity. It's obviously a HUGE topic on this forum, but I don't know that I've seen a mention of it anywhere else.

I've got a feeling they're actually TRYING to get 7300 or whatever winners.
gsizzle Green Sparx Gems: 272
#611 Posted: 15:16:05 19/04/2012
Has anyone ever figured out whether or not there is a limit on winning?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#612 Posted: 15:46:29 19/04/2012
Well I quit calling after I won the frocked Stump Smash I didnt want to push my luck
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#613 Posted: 16:01:38 19/04/2012
Quote: AboveSkylands
Well I quit calling after I won the frocked Stump Smash I didnt want to push my luck

Same here. I don't want to be disqualified for winning a pile of Stump Smashes or something.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#614 Posted: 16:08:44 19/04/2012
Quote: PlayableMoogle
Quote: Rheyvynn

As has been pointed out in this thread, including by me, I don't think this whole event has gotten a sufficient amount of publicity. It's obviously a HUGE topic on this forum, but I don't know that I've seen a mention of it anywhere else.

I've got a feeling they're actually TRYING to get 7300 or whatever winners.

^This. The culture of this forum and the culture of the real world are two entirely different things. To read here, one would think that these chips are ambrosia, and the tickets that come out will grant us a visit to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Outside of the forum, I haven't seen a single bag of the Stump Smash assortment, and I'd wager the same holds true for the majority of people who would be interested in the offer to begin with. Most probably aren't aware it exists, because after all, how does the average person find out about these things in the first place? Well, they see them in the store... which has been functionally impossible with this. Then we have to factor in the people who just want chips, and don't even enter the contest after buying the bag--meaning that lots of these tickets, probably more than we know, are just being tossed or left on a coffee table and not entered. With the deadline just a few weeks away, and approximately 7,800 toys to give away at this point, it's impossible to rely on "golden tickets" alone to get the job done. This phone-in situation seems like a fiasco, but it's probably quite reasonable from the perspective of the people who implemented it deliberately. The first situation, with the 866 number, did seem a little fishy, but if that were the case, then why, and how, is it happening again? There is method to this madness.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#615 Posted: 17:50:01 19/04/2012

Same here. Once is good enough for me. Won, so don't need to win again. I don't want to take away my chance of winning, by entering again, now that I've won.

Time to wait for my Flocked Stump Smash.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#616 Posted: 19:21:51 19/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

Same here. Once is good enough for me. Won, so don't need to win again. I don't want to take away my chance of winning, by entering again, now that I've won.

Time to wait for my Flocked Stump Smash.

Wait. What? Who is this?
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#617 Posted: 19:27:52 19/04/2012
I'm confused did we win something or did we win the opportunity to win something. And where are those phone calls to confirm location.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#618 Posted: 19:57:43 19/04/2012
Quote: Iloveninjas
I'm confused did we win something or did we win the opportunity to win something. And where are those phone calls to confirm location.

I'm pretty sure we've all won. It wouldn't make sense for them to take your information down for no reason. At least, I have confirmation though that I've won from the emails from both promotions.

I'd say though, to confirm, they'll probably call out near the end of the promotion. So in a few weeks.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Markariah Red Sparx Gems: 47
#619 Posted: 19:59:49 19/04/2012
800 - I won today!
866 - I lost today =[
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#620 Posted: 20:00:49 19/04/2012
Quote:
1) It states "Randomly selected times, during the Game Period, will be chosen by the independent judging organization (the "Judges"), and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer(s) on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Game Period) will win a prize (subject to verification). All Plays must be properly received and recorded by Sponsor's computer within the Game Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address or phone number during the Game Period."

- This can mean a number of things. We need to know the definition of "Game Period", and "Play" (as in completes a play). But, IMO, this seems to be describing how winners are selected when they call in.

In other words, the "Judges" are randomly selecting certain time periods during the "Game Period". (Which I assume means the time frame of the contest, i.e. April 1, 2012 thru June 1, 2012). During those randomly selected times, the first person to call in will be declared a winner, while any others calling in in those times will not win. So let's say the "judges" randomly select, 12:18pm as a time. The first caller on or after 12:18 will be declared a winner. If someone else calls in after that, they will not win.

FYI, I'm using "caller" for simplicity, if there is more than one way to "make a play" like entering a online code, sending a text, etc. Those will count as well.

Domer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:41 19/04/2012 by domer
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#621 Posted: 22:16:35 19/04/2012
I've already won once and I'm not pushing my luck, one figure is all I want. If it's anything like other contests, I predict disqualifications for multiple winning entries based from the same phone number and/or same recipient address...or anyone that didn't follow the 1 entry per day by telephone rules for that matter. That's part of the reason why many of these contests don't ship to PO Boxes.

They probably won't be contacting you to let you know you've been disqualified either, you likely just won't be part of the winners list, you know, the one that you need to specifically request to get names of the winners.

To be safe, I didn't even bother calling the (866) number at all because all I wanted was a Flocked Stump Smash and I didn't want a win in that promotion to conflict with the FSS promotion...just in case it was only 1 award from Frito-Lay per some period like how some other contests are run. When it comes to these contests, it doesn't pay to be greedy.

If you're worried, you could always contact their CS rep to clear up whether you'll be awarded multiple winning entries for figures from the same phone or to the same address..., but for anyone that has won multiple entries, that could be an admission that you're taking advantage of a glitch or violating the rules to win.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#622 Posted: 00:43:51 20/04/2012
Like everyone else, I stopped calling the 800 and 866. After getting through for a flocked Stumpy, I didn't want to press my luck; however, just in case, I won twice and had the second one shipped to a different address in case something gets messed up.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#623 Posted: 00:48:07 20/04/2012
If your looking for Stumpy's call once per day while its winning. 3 for 3 the last three days. Avoid the 866# if you win just in case and be clear with your info on the phone. Verification is likely just a valid address rather then people actually contacting you - IMHO.
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
SkyWarrior23 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#624 Posted: 03:35:57 20/04/2012
I've seen people mention the possibility of a call back to verify winning. I won for the first time today, but it never asked for my phone number, just birthday first, then name and address. Was it supposed to ask for my phone number or email or some way to contact me in the future?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#625 Posted: 03:39:05 20/04/2012
Quote: SkyWarrior23
I've seen people mention the possibility of a call back to verify winning. I won for the first time today, but it never asked for my phone number, just birthday first, then name and address. Was it supposed to ask for my phone number or email or some way to contact me in the future?

I don't think so. I was asked for the same information as well. They probably just tag our phone numbers with our recorded information. I'm sure that'd be a heck of a lot easier for them.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
tubsrnhc Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#626 Posted: 03:39:13 20/04/2012
i won 4 times, but i used different addresses and phone numbers. i only did 4 because i think i messed up atleast twice. and i need 2 of them. (one for me one for my brother) so hopefully i atleast did 2 of them right. on the street address once i did the entire thing including city state and zip and then realized that was the next question. hopefully they will be able to recognize that. also one time my phone disconnected in the middle of giving my city state zip, so that one definitely wont count im sure. unless they call for verification maybe.
---
only need dark spyro
Bamorrow Green Sparx Gems: 425
#627 Posted: 04:03:01 20/04/2012
As with many ways to interpret the rules, and that is what it usually is written as. I says you are playing for a chance to win, not a win. Then there is the priezes that say one (1) skylander character. Is this per winner, per entry, etc.... They have left it open for their own interpretation.
#628 Posted: 04:46:00 20/04/2012
Ok everyone...YOU ARE ALL OVER THINKING THIS.
I will state again as I have before...By holding a contest, the companies are obligated BY LAW to give the prizes out. If the instant win line says "you win", then YOU WIN. The only thing that can null and void this is if you somehow broke the rules. The rules do NOT state how many times you can or cannot win. THEREFORE, they cannot change the rules in the middle of the contest. "Subject to verification" means they have the right to verify all contest winners' information to prove that they did abide by the rules. If a 12-year-old calls and wins and gives a false birthdate, they are disqualified. If someone outside the US calls in and wins, then they can be disqualified. The only thing that can be an interpretation issue is the "per day, per method of entry". Does this pertain to BOTH phone numbers? Or each one individually? If you're worried about it, only call one per phone line.

If they really wanted to limit the number of times you can win, they could easily set up a lock-out on your phone number (like when you call more than once a day...which I did try to see what happened) or they would write it into the rules. Simple as that.
---
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#629 Posted: 00:42:18 21/04/2012
Still winning stumpys on 800#!
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#630 Posted: 02:34:59 21/04/2012 | Topic Creator
^I know!!! Kinda scary!! Guess we are gonna win all 7,334 of them!!
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#631 Posted: 03:00:04 21/04/2012
I won a "flocked" stumpy or whatever they are giving out on the 1800 number! Woo! smilie
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Jack Sinatra Green Sparx Gems: 315
#632 Posted: 03:00:44 21/04/2012
Hi been lurking here for a while but never posted til now. I actually called the customer service for Frito Lays and asked if you can win more than once at the same name/address. They confirmed as long as it once per day once per phone number yuore good. I even asked if I can call from 2 + different numbers with different names and win and the gentleman I spoke to confirmed that you can.

Just thought I'd share =)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#633 Posted: 03:25:57 21/04/2012
Thatswhay I thpought bc kids playing the game live at the same address. Alsoonline I won a flocked. Agter putting my info in it said "play again tomorrow" so obviously its not a big deal
#634 Posted: 03:50:51 21/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I am not real worried about being disqualified....it seems like they didn't have enough product advertisement/circulation across the country. Obviously, with so many winners and so few prizes....the number of entrants clearly isn't what they anticipated. They have to award these prizes, and I am sure they are not "looking" to disqualify any of us. Their system prevents you from calling more than once per day from the same phone number, so there's not much else we could do to disqualify ourselves!! ....is there??
---
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#635 Posted: 04:22:36 21/04/2012
I'm assembling an army of Flocked Stump Smashes as we speak! I will reenact a few scenes from Lord of the Rings with this massive horde I shall assemble! smilie I've won 5 so far smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#636 Posted: 12:31:39 21/04/2012
It is odd mistake not using the regular frito lay chip bags for this contest to increase its awareness. Regardless we are benefiting and I'll have a few random skylanders to pass out to others interested in the game this summer.
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#637 Posted: 12:47:23 21/04/2012
Won Stumpo
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#638 Posted: 19:42:39 21/04/2012
It may be a little late but Frito Lay sent me an email stating which stores carry the stump smash package.

"Thank you for writing to us. The Flocked Stump Smash character is not limited to just Albertson’s. Some other stores that carry the offer are ~ Acme, Cub, Farm Fresh, Jewel Osco, Luckys, Save- a - Lot, Shaw’s and or Shop and Save."
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#639 Posted: 19:48:48 21/04/2012
I call bs on save a lot when I went there they had none lol and I check 3 of them
---
37/37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:49:36 21/04/2012 by skittles4890
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6314
#640 Posted: 20:04:25 21/04/2012
Those stores are all Albertsons chain stores.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#641 Posted: 20:18:20 21/04/2012
There all super valu chains
---
37/37
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#642 Posted: 21:57:30 21/04/2012
So is it ok to call twice? I want one open and one in box so i kinda want to call again. But i do not want to get disqualified. Should i?
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#643 Posted: 22:19:00 21/04/2012
Nobody here knows. Do it at your own risk. Who here is going to man up and just call them and ask if it disqualifies you to win more than once? I called and found out just like you all can. If you are really worried then call the 800# push the option for a rep and just simply ask them. Its simple. You may or may not like what they have to say.
Sauce55 Green Sparx Gems: 315
#644 Posted: 05:33:46 22/04/2012
Bought a bag of chips today and won a Stump Smash. I got lucky only had to buy one bag smilie
#645 Posted: 07:02:35 22/04/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
Nobody here knows. Do it at your own risk. Who here is going to man up and just call them and ask if it disqualifies you to win more than once? I called and found out just like you all can. If you are really worried then call the 800# push the option for a rep and just simply ask them. Its simple. You may or may not like what they have to say.

We've been talking about this. Does anyone go back and read previous posts? Here, I'll quote it for you...

Quote: Jack Sinatra
Hi been lurking here for a while but never posted til now. I actually called the customer service for Frito Lays and asked if you can win more than once at the same name/address. They confirmed as long as it once per day once per phone number yuore good. I even asked if I can call from 2 + different numbers with different names and win and the gentleman I spoke to confirmed that you can.

Not only that, I've said the same thing a couple of times myself. I win on a daily basis and will continue to do so to get figures for my multitudes of children and grandchildren. Pay attention everyone and try to keep up.
---
#646 Posted: 17:20:17 22/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mori-DogMovies
Quote: DrillSarge

We've been talking about this. Does anyone go back and read previous posts? Here, I'll quote it for you...

Quote: Jack Sinatra

Not only that, I've said the same thing a couple of times myself. I win on a daily basis and will continue to do so to get figures for my multitudes of children and grandchildren. Pay attention everyone and try to keep up.

I don't think it's fair to read everyone off, like it's their responsibility to have paid attention to all 600+ posts. No matter what anyone says a rep told them, we all have that question in the back of our minds....as to what the rules really are. They are very vague, and nothing says these answers came from someone that knows what they are talking about. I know my job inside and out, and I tell it like it is...but I work with people that tell customers what they wanna hear. I think there are more people out there like that, than people like me.
---
#647 Posted: 09:33:21 24/04/2012 | Topic Creator
The 800 number has finally stopped paying out. Took about a week!! We all had a chance to win more than once, hope you were able to take full advantage!! smilie
---
johnnyb771 Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#648 Posted: 15:35:35 24/04/2012
Thank guys. Haven't noticed this thread before, called the 800 number an won. Didn't say what I won except a limited edition Skylander character. Gonna try again tomorrow, I think i messed up the address a little and gave the full address, city state zip when they asked for street address. Didn't think about it was doing something else and a little distracted. Can you also call the 866 number and the 800 in one day? Don't want to be disqualified or anything. Cool promotion and really looking forward to the sidekick promotion in June. Thanks again
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#649 Posted: 18:58:53 24/04/2012
I called up and won a free Skylanders, but it didn't say which one. I'm hoping for Flocked Stump Smash. Does anybody know if it has to mention the Flocked Stump Smash in order to win one?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#650 Posted: 20:02:05 24/04/2012
Quote: Zook
I called up and won a free Skylanders, but it didn't say which one. I'm hoping for Flocked Stump Smash. Does anybody know if it has to mention the Flocked Stump Smash in order to win one?

Which number did you call? 800 is for Flock, 866 is for a random one.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
First | Previous | Page 13 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me