Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion
First | Previous | Page 10 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19
Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion [CLOSED]
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#451 Posted: 23:29:22 15/04/2012
No, it takes you to an enter the details page to reget the figure...but I deleted out all the numbers that were generated for that specific winning code. This only matters if you didn't get a chance to enter the info in at the website for some reason. But I already did, and it went thru already. I'm gonna guess even if you entered your info, you'd not receive a confirmation email saying you won.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#452 Posted: 23:38:47 15/04/2012
Congrats Xerosmilie I tried the 800 number today and nothing. What is the 866 number? Actually I just won on 866. I found the number. Ill do this everydaysmilie Seems to good to be true. I already won twice on the 866 number.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:04:20 16/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#453 Posted: 00:06:26 16/04/2012
Quote: AboveSkylands
Congrats Xerosmilie I tried the 800 number today and nothing. What is the 866 number? Actually I just won on 866. I found the number. Ill do this everydaysmilie Seems to good to be true. I already won twice on the 866 number.

800 is for Flocked Stump Smash, the Limited Edition one for this promotion. The 866 is for a random Skylander figure.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#454 Posted: 02:30:38 16/04/2012
Quote: AJAwesome
Stump smash bags are exclusive to Albertsons stores.

Oh, bogus.

Now how am I gonna win one of them Stump Smashes?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#455 Posted: 05:58:22 16/04/2012
congrats, Xero! I bought another bag and entered the second code and won again =)! The strange thing though, when I used my same birth date as before, it gave me a server error message but when I changed it by just one day, it worked, I wonder why?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#456 Posted: 05:59:46 16/04/2012
Still winning daily (both me and the wife) on the 866#.

At this rate, we'll have about 50 randomly selected Skylanders by the time the contest is over. Is anyone else bothering with the 866 number as much as we are?

Now to start planning what to do in the event that I end up with 25 Boomers and 25 Hexes on my doorstep....each individually wrapped. The mailman is going to be pissed.
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
skylanderkid Green Sparx Gems: 135
#457 Posted: 06:03:07 16/04/2012
why are you calling every day when you already have one. ive tried everyday and can win once.
#458 Posted: 06:05:17 16/04/2012
^ I'm purposely not calling daily because I'm happy with two free characters but if you guys want me to call to see how often you can win or what times of day that the winning calls are, then let me know and I'll call them.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

#459 Posted: 06:19:04 16/04/2012
As I've said before, I've got other children who may like the game. 6 total to be exact. Not to mention the 3 grandkids. So there is method to my madness. The game and portal are cheap as can be on Ebay and the local Play N' Trade got lots of them back when TRU was selling the starter set for half price (people were buying the 3DS version just for the figures), so I'm preparing for upcoming birthdays early. Call me cheap, but when you're barely paying the rent and bills, this kind of thing is definately helpful. And I can't wait to see the look on the grandkids' faces. They are just now getting old enough to play more complex games, so they're going to love it.

Or I could just keep them all myself and have 5 of everything tacked up on my bedroom wall. smilie
---
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#460 Posted: 11:06:52 16/04/2012
I really dont think those of you playing daily will receve all of those figures. They will either send you one or none.
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#461 Posted: 13:07:35 16/04/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
I really dont think those of you playing daily will receve all of those figures. They will either send you one or none.

I have no idea how you know that; baseless speculation, I'd guess?

My wife and I only played once a piece on the 866 number, but I will be very curious to hear from those of you who have played multiple times - I'm very curious whether you'll get all of the figures or not.
#462 Posted: 13:43:59 16/04/2012
The game seems to encourage multiple entries. In fact, there's not even any thing in the rules to suggest you can enter or play multiple times!
---
#463 Posted: 14:02:58 16/04/2012
I have played every day since the 7th. The first day I hung up, because it seemed fishy. Someone confirmed that it is legit, so I kept calling and winning. NOW...Drillsarge, to the credit of companies. A large company would have a very big uproar if they didn't honor their contest rules. If you call in and submit personal data to them every time you win, and it clearly states in the rules, you can enter 1 time per day, per household. Those of you making multiple calls to win. Well, I have a feeling you may get disqualified altogether, but best case is likely 1 for each day you called. They have 11,000 figures or something like that to give away. So, lets just say not very many people know about this giveaway. Lets say they get 1000 calls a day...likely they get less. People are inherently lazy and will maybe call and win the 1 free one. So that means there is 11 days in which people will win. They probably are allowing people to win until it hits the limit, then it will be all losers. I do however believe they may just honor us with 1 free one if this contest is a total screw up. I do wonder if they have a glitch in their system as EVERYONE is winning. I won't be heartbroken if I get nothing. It is free after all. It will cost Frito Lays 94,000 dollars to send all these figures out. I don't think if they had to send out 50,000 figures it would harm them. If they are smart, they'll just award everyone what they won. It will put the faith back in the customers and a lot of happy kids in the process. I'll be interested to see what Frito lays does none the less. I do see a class action lawsuit coming though because of the 866 number. The Stump Smash one is legit...as everyone loses on it, except those that actually purchased something. It would be funny if they sent us 30 individual dollar off coupons...lol.
---
#464 Posted: 16:44:32 16/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
The game seems to encourage multiple entries. In fact, there's not even any thing in the rules to suggest you can enter or play multiple times!

EXACTLY!
That's why I screen captured the rules. There is NOTHING about how many times you can win. If they DON'T honor the wins, it's a potential false advertising lawsuit waiting to happen. Besides, if you see the math I did a few posts back, they have to give away one every 4 minutes or so to get rid of them all. I don't really think they care as long as they fulfill the contest requirements.

Besides, none of us know exactly what figures are going to be shipped. Those of us winning on a daily basis could end up with 30+ Boomers or hell, maybe they've got a ton of Gill Grunt and Spyro that they're shipping out because they've got too many of the Starter Kits. Might as well repackage the portals they don't need to ship with the new Giants game, right?
---
#465 Posted: 16:48:04 16/04/2012
The lawsuit will never win. They have fine print that will cover their butts. Has anyone called frito lays to confirm this? All wins are subject verification. So u can call.....win.....then be verified. Call.....win.....then when u are verified again that u habe already won the order will be cancelled. Thats my thinking behind all this. I wouldnt be in bisiness long if I had a free for all of thousands of figures especially when no profit is comijg in.
#466 Posted: 16:57:31 16/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
I do however believe they may just honor us with 1 free one if this contest is a total screw up. I do wonder if they have a glitch in their system as EVERYONE is winning. I won't be heartbroken if I get nothing.

Another great statement. If I get one, fantastic. If I get 30, amazing. But really, it's a curiosity factor at this point. Along with trying to get some for my multitude of children...
---
#467 Posted: 17:10:49 16/04/2012
The lawsuit will never win. They have fine print that will cover their butts. Has anyone called frito lays to confirm this? All wins are subject verification. So u can call.....win.....then be verified. Call.....win.....then when u are verified again that u habe already won the order will be cancelled. Thats my thinking behind all this. I wouldnt be in bisiness long if I had a free for all of thousands of figures especially when no profit is comijg in.

There are laws in place that state that a company must provide full disclosure of the rules and regulations. They must also fullfill the obligations for prize giveaway. There is nothing in the fine print that states a limit on winners during the entire promotion EXCEPT you can play once per day per method of game entry. I've worked in retail and broadcast radio...if they advertise these things, they have to make good on it. The only way is if it IS a malfunction in the phone system. Otherwise, that would be an easy win if you want to pay out the lawyer fees.

But I would never file a lawsuit over anything like that. It would make me look as rediculous as that guy in California (Erik Estavillo) who sued everyone because his X-box red-ringed, Nintendo updated their firmware and he lost his homebrew hack, and got banned from the PSN for bad behavior and language. I'm not looking to be "that guy". In the meantime, look him up for some fun reading...

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic...
---
takcom69 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#468 Posted: 18:07:15 16/04/2012
lol i just won 3 times on the 866 number but i fudged up the first time and then it redirected me to a person who didnt even help me.
Zookie Pookie Blue Sparx Gems: 988
#469 Posted: 18:37:56 16/04/2012
so was calling again today and won yet again on the 866 number but i accidentally pressed one and it sent me to a representative and i decided to make this call usefully and i asked her if i called everyday and won multiply times do i receive one skylander mailed to me or one for each time i win. she said I can win 10 times but i will only get ONE mailed to me. lame but whatever, also she seemed kinda unsure with the response
JustKikinIt Red Sparx Gems: 84
#470 Posted: 19:48:31 16/04/2012
I've called and won every day and I even called the customer service number and the girl said she didn't know. I did screen shots of the rules and made sure to save all of them with the date and time imprinted. If there is nothing in there about limitations on winning then Frito Lay has to honor everyone that won, as long as they didn't win multiple times in the 24 hour period that is laid out in the rules.
#471 Posted: 20:08:52 16/04/2012
The way I see it, there's one of 2 things they'll do. Maybe 3.

1) they'll send out all the figures you've won. Prepare for UPS to put you on the "Dead to me" list.
2) They'll send out just one of the figures. This could get tricky for those of us who've won the random figures AND Flocked Stumpy
3) They'll disqualify you because you suck.

My theory is that they'll send you all the figures, but don't expect them as full fledged figures. I posted earlier that I'd say the easiest thing to do will ship them out as Activision Assist does; a small white box with the figure's name printed on a sticker. Inside is the figure wrapped in a baggie and a web code card. If they do send out multiples, I'd hope they combine them into one larger box instead of a ton of tiny ones (Which is why UPS will hate you forever. Just kidding) If they DO use the Acti Assist ones, they could fit multiple figures in one larger box. Heck, the ones you get from there already come in a large enough box to accommodate 5 more of them!

If they decide instead to ship out full figs (packaging, code, sticker, card, figure), I'd unfortunately have to say that they'll probably be put in a bubble envelope. I'd HOPE they have enough sense to put them in boxes, but..this is Skylanders. Sense gets thrown out the window and beaten with a rake.

As was stated before, there's nothing in the rules to mention it's one per household. Even in all that legal jargon, it never says anything about one per household. Just as long as you enter each time within the constraints. (ie, after the 24 hour period)

11K is a lot to give away. They're probably getting at most, a couple hundred calls a day. I think there were a few people who called on the random number and didn't win, so it's at least an indication that once they run out, they'll be done.
---
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#472 Posted: 20:47:22 16/04/2012
Doesn't the rules say "pending verification"?

The verifying process probably includes not winning already.

Domer
#473 Posted: 20:59:36 16/04/2012
Quote: domer

Domer

I'd imagine that it's more checking to make sure you're part of the promotion area (ie, not an address from overseas) and that the address you gave is actually correct. (Like someone putting their name as "I.C. Wiener"
---
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#474 Posted: 21:13:45 16/04/2012
Quote: domer

Domer

I'd imagine that it's more checking to make sure you're part of the promotion area (ie, not an address from overseas) and that the address you gave is actually correct. (Like someone putting their name as "I.C. Wiener"

It could be.

It would be nice for those that won multiple times to get a figure for each time they won, I just wouldn't hold my breath.

Domer
#475 Posted: 21:18:04 16/04/2012
Oh I think this is the Companies way to get rid of the commons. I think people will get 50 figures or whatever but they will be all Boomers per say or all drobots. Then if the company played there cards right they could discontinue whatever the most common figure is that they give to people from this contest and in turn it would make the figure more valuable in the eyes of the collector or consumer. That is what I would do. Yeah I won five boomerssmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:58 16/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
#476 Posted: 21:23:47 16/04/2012
^ I'm pretty sure that they're not going to discontinue a figure (at least maybe not until Giants) just because it's not purchased as often as the others but they may send smaller quantities of them to the stores if they still have previously stocked ones that still need to be sold.
---

#477 Posted: 21:24:54 16/04/2012
I noticed the Eruptor Quantity is getting smaller per store through my Analysis!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6325
#478 Posted: 22:59:00 16/04/2012
Maybe, because my friend's something (I forgot) lives near a Acme store and is buying everything they find and giving the codes to us.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#479 Posted: 02:02:46 17/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seewolfe78
Quote: Postalgoddess
Quote: IAmSwag

Postal won four times online. It says 1 play per 24 hours. I'm not sure if he entered them all at once or whether he used new email and home addys.

I just used another code with a different email and addy and won again.

I won stump smash 5 times, online....and random skylander twice online. I won stumps thurs 4/5, fri 4/6...and 3 today, through myself and various family members. Also, I got a call back from frito lay today, and was told there was a server error. I was only offered some coupons as a consolation!!! Lol...I have chips coming out my ears....what do I need a coupon for??? They should send me more codes!!! smilie
PS...I used my name address and email for the 3 stumps won actually by me....and btw he, is a she....hence the "goddess"!

Wow, I haven't heard back from them yet, but I hope they don't try to offer me some coupon. If I could find them locally that would be one thing, but I had to call family out of state to find the bags! A coupon is worth about as much to me as a slap in the face. Meh, all I can do is wait and see. Good luck swimming through your chips to get the delivery of your Stumpies! If you really don't want that many chips, you could donate some of them to a food pantry or something of the nature. Oh, and congrats on the wins!

I received my coupons in the mail today, good for one free frito lay product valued up to $4.29. Not near what I lost on my purchase of three bags that I lost redemption codes with, but better than nothing at all!!
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Mudlovinjeepgrl Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#480 Posted: 02:08:21 17/04/2012
Is anyone else having an issue with the 800-646-2904 number? All I get every time I call is a busy signal.
#481 Posted: 04:07:41 17/04/2012

My theory is that they'll send you all the figures, but don't expect them as full fledged figures. I posted earlier that I'd say the easiest thing to do will ship them out as Activision Assist does; a small white box with the figure's name printed on a sticker. Inside is the figure wrapped in a baggie and a web code card. If they do send out multiples, I'd hope they combine them into one larger box instead of a ton of tiny ones (Which is why UPS will hate you forever. Just kidding) If they DO use the Acti Assist ones, they could fit multiple figures in one larger box. Heck, the ones you get from there already come in a large enough box to accommodate 5 more of them!

I'm guessing bubblewrapped and/or bubble envelope. Sticker and online code included. No packaging. That way they don't have to waste packaging and no one can try to return them to retail stores for cash or credit.
To collectors, yeah, that'll suck. But to someone like me just looking for something my kids will actually play with (and probably not just in the game), it's just as good as getting it from the store.

11K is a lot to give away. They're probably getting at most, a couple hundred calls a day. I think there were a few people who called on the random number and didn't win, so it's at least an indication that once they run out, they'll be done.

Again, I refer to my earlier math...
11,750 total to give away =
~356 a day or
~15 per hour or
~ 1 every 4 minutes

I don't think they're going to care one way or the other at the end of it all.
However, if/when I get my verification phone call, I'll ask if they can go ahead and verify my other x-many wins while I'm on the phone. If I find out one way or the other, I'll be sure to report.
---
#482 Posted: 04:09:51 17/04/2012
Quote: Mudlovinjeepgrl
Is anyone else having an issue with the 800-646-2904 number? All I get every time I call is a busy signal.

I've gotten through all week...and lost.
I can't try again until 1am (EST), but I'll let you know what happens.

Has anyone actually won the 800# yet? (this might have been answered, but I just don't really feel like looking back through 10 pages of conversation)
---
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#483 Posted: 04:16:52 17/04/2012
I haven't won with 800 number but I did win with a code from the bag
---
37/37
#484 Posted: 04:24:35 17/04/2012
Quote: skittles4890
I haven't won with 800 number but I did win with a code from the bag

That reminds me of one other question: Where are you finding the Stumpy bags (I now like to say "Stumpy"...it's a fun word)?
Wal-Mart only had the $1 coupon bags; Food Lion and Target didn't have anything "specially marked". Mind you I'm not going to drive all over creation looking for these things, but if I find a couple, I might grab them up. And you never know...maybe I'll be nice enough to share with someone less fortunate that can't get a code of their own. But so far, no bags, so no one get excited just yet...
---
whamshell Green Sparx Gems: 271
#485 Posted: 04:34:19 17/04/2012
i found em at albertsons
#486 Posted: 05:21:41 17/04/2012
Quote: whamshell
i found em at albertsons

I heard someone mention that and checked their website, but it looks like there are none on the east coast any more. Used to be several near me when I lived in Florida, but they're all gone now. There has to be somewhere else that's getting them. I haven't seen anything that suggests it's an exclusive deal with them. If it IS exclusive, that kinda sucks for the eastern US hardcore collectors (definately not me...we didn't even get the Legendary figures). But then again, those with the money make the rules.
---
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#487 Posted: 05:30:43 17/04/2012
Quote: Mori-DogMovies
Quote: whamshell
i found em at albertsons

I heard someone mention that and checked their website, but it looks like there are none on the east coast any more. Used to be several near me when I lived in Florida, but they're all gone now. There has to be somewhere else that's getting them. I haven't seen anything that suggests it's an exclusive deal with them. If it IS exclusive, that kinda sucks for the eastern US hardcore collectors (definately not me...we didn't even get the Legendary figures). But then again, those with the money make the rules.

Albertson's has a habit of buying regional chains and retaining the name. For example in the northeast you would want to go to Shaws.
#488 Posted: 05:41:03 17/04/2012
You are looking for any store that sells Kroger products. If your store sells Kroger, then you probably can find them there. Hope this helps.

smilie
---
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#489 Posted: 05:47:28 17/04/2012
What if my store IS Kroger?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#490 Posted: 06:06:50 17/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
You are looking for any store that sells Kroger products. If your store sells Kroger, then you probably can find them there. Hope this helps.

smilie

There's one about 5 minutes from our house...and I think I'll be going that way tomorrow. Cheers!
And yes, I live in a geographical oddity...I'm 5 - 10 minutes from just about anything. And it comes in handy with gas at $4 a gallon now.
---
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#491 Posted: 06:23:44 17/04/2012
The Skylanders bags of chips are also available at Schnucks Grocery Stores.
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#492 Posted: 09:08:17 17/04/2012
I won from the 800 number but lost with the 866 number. Will try again tomorrow.
I'll have all the figures by the time this one arrives in the mail so it doesn't matter what one I'll eventually receive. But I wonder what character I'll receive from today's winnings, anyway.
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#493 Posted: 10:02:40 17/04/2012
so anyone got their fur stump smash yet?
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6325
#494 Posted: 11:48:36 17/04/2012
Soon when someone I know in another state sends me the code. (sweet relief that I dont have to worry about no albertsons in FL)
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#495 Posted: 14:09:00 17/04/2012
Quote: kappapopm
so anyone got their fur stump smash yet?

Not yet. We probably won't see anyone getting them till early/mid June.
---
RyanidePoison Green Sparx Gems: 140
#496 Posted: 14:15:54 17/04/2012
Check your Jewel Osco's. I found bags there in the midwest.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#497 Posted: 14:19:09 17/04/2012
Super-curious to hear if Kroger's has them. I'm going to do some checking this evening.
#498 Posted: 16:40:43 17/04/2012
I called the 800# and it usually says Im not a winner. Today it asked my name and address. Did I win? Ive been trying for days. Did I really just win a flocked stump?
#499 Posted: 17:02:05 17/04/2012
Holy crap, call the 800 number! My wife and I have both just won!
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#500 Posted: 17:04:48 17/04/2012
I called the 800# and it usually says Im not a winner. Today it asked my name and address. Did I win? Ive been trying for days. Did I really just win a flocked stump?

I don't know but I saw your post on here and decided to call quick. I've been calling the 800 number every day now (quit on the 866 one, I won twice and don't want to be greedy) and it always just says 'we're sorry...' but apparently I just won a flocked Stump Smash!! I'll be thrilled if he actually shows up. Just to confirm, when you win on the 800 number, does it specify Stump Smash? Because I swear I dialed the 800 number but it just said 'a Skylanders character'.
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
First | Previous | Page 10 of 19 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me