Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Wham Shell Sightings/online availability
Page 1 of 1
Wham Shell Sightings/online availability [CLOSED]
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#1 Posted: 15:03:14 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Decided to make one post that everyone can use to find wham shell. Gamemaster you are more than welcome to visit this thread but please do not post so it doesnt tuen into pages of arguing. Its not your fault but lets just keep this simple and informative. Anyone with news please post here as most of us just need wham shell. Ill post as soon as I see or hear anything.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#2 Posted: 15:30:54 05/04/2012
Drill, I think most of us need Camo and Warnado too. But you're going to likely find very little evidence of Wham-shell in the US just yet. 1 person posting they have Wham could have posted from overseas that he has them...and may have obtained them that way. I will keep my eyes peeled, but there is very little evidence he's hit US shores yet.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#3 Posted: 16:07:19 05/04/2012
I guess you missed the Gamestop.com sale of Camo and Warnado this morning, they had tons of them. I only need Wham Shell...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:44 05/04/2012 by SteveW
#4 Posted: 16:11:54 05/04/2012
I didn't miss it. I actually ordered 2 sets. smilie

EDIT: and I was actually the person who posted this to the forums yesterday that their pages were up on GS. Sooo.. Woot to helping!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:13:14 05/04/2012 by xerokills
#5 Posted: 17:21:25 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I checked the links to GS u posted days ago every morning. Today after I ordered them I came here to post it was live but someone beat me to it. I prob wouldnt have made a post anyways so the scalpers wouldnt buy it out like they did this morning. I wish there was a way to screen for scalpers or limit the orders at all companies.
#6 Posted: 17:33:03 05/04/2012
it's wishful thinking to prevent scalpers. They all check the same things we do. Their lives are driven by stalking them all day. It's gotta be the worst job ever...or the most fun...hmmm
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#7 Posted: 17:41:41 05/04/2012
I've done a bit of digging. I can confirm - so far - that it's at least not a TRU exclusive for a number of days. Went up there, because they got their truck in. They checked their memos for me and nothing.

They also had about 108 singles in the storage room, but it was older stuff.

I asked them, "maybe you can confirm a theory I have, that he is one to every few or so boxes." He opened ALL boxes and none had Camo, Warnado, or Wham Shell.

So that's one scenario down. I will dub it, "The TRU exclusivity theory." Busted.

Now, I have scoured Walmarts today. Only found more Camos and Warnados. I showed the employees a pic of Wham Shell. They stated when they stocked, they never saw the figure. Can't rule out the 1 to every few boxes theory, but will just say as of now, no Walmarts have received them in the central plains.

Next, I will be visiting Best Buy, where a friend of mine surely has lots of boxes in the back and will check them (because they have little space on the floor and are probably full as is). I will report back on the Best Buy exclusivity theory, when I get back. I will have them check their emails and such.

I have also checked Gamestops. They never heard anything about getting him for a period of time, as an exclusive. They're all stocked at the moment, so they won't even get new Skylanders, until some of the older ones sell.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Cheeseman Green Sparx Gems: 462
#8 Posted: 08:18:53 06/04/2012
I think they will release Wham-Shell in a seperate box with Zook and Lightning Rod and Ignitor, since they have been out for about two weeks, which really isn't long enough so that all the customers could get them.
---
Skylanders: All of them. Boom!
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#9 Posted: 15:43:26 06/04/2012
i found some more on ebay!!!!!!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
tubsrnhc Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#10 Posted: 17:17:15 06/04/2012
i checked the gamestop near the school i go to today, and one of the employees said that they had just gotten an email saying the last skylanders had been released. so wham shell is somewhere, just nobody knows where. we should start seeing him this coming week i guess.
---
only need dark spyro
#11 Posted: 22:24:05 06/04/2012 | Topic Creator
It pisses me off that whamshell is so rare right now . Why the hell build up a release for zook and l rod but screw us with these last 3
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#12 Posted: 22:47:43 06/04/2012
i really want wham shell he is so expensive on ebay
---
Green Bean Machine
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#13 Posted: 00:05:40 07/04/2012
Considering that just a couple months ago we all assumed the final wave would be in June, the whining is a little excessive.
#14 Posted: 00:08:29 07/04/2012
amen Zing. But you know how it goes. Once things are available...people go bat crap crazy to find it first. It's the hunt...that god blessed hunt...it sucks us in...
---
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#15 Posted: 00:10:15 07/04/2012
The only thing that makes them expensive is how hard they are to find AT FIRST. After a few weeks they drop in price. A few days ago I could find pretty much any guy in numbers except the guy released. Today at 2 different Toysrus, I found Lightning Rods, Zooks and Dragons Peaks just sitting there.

Now that they ramped up their ability to build more, its only the initial release that's hard.

Also Scalpers work because WE let them work. We all hate them, but they make money from us because we give them money. Its that simple. If no one bought from scalpers they wouldn't have much to scalp would they? They would be stuck reselling stuff at retail price.

To everyone bidding on Wham-Shell: Its your fault. Not the guy selling it.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#16 Posted: 00:21:37 07/04/2012
None of us are bidding on him...if you are...then...duh...but rich parents who are lazy...are bidding... rolls eyes
---
#17 Posted: 00:28:24 07/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
None of us are bidding on him...if you are...then...duh...but rich parents who are lazy...are bidding... rolls eyes

Aye. Its a vicious cycle. Parent look to scalpers because they can't find them in stores. They can't find them in stores because the scalpers bought them up.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#18 Posted: 00:30:21 07/04/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
It pisses me off that whamshell is so rare right now . Why the hell build up a release for zook and l rod but screw us with these last 3

I wouldn't say they screwed anyone with Camo and Warnado. Those things are like Boomers where I live. In other places, it has shown up, but maybe not as plentiful as OKC.

Wham, on the other hand, is rare across the board.

Drill, it's perfectly fine to make a topic looking for Wham. If others are looking for Camo/Warnado, fine, let them make a topic about it. Oh, wait, they did. However, this topic is for those of us lacking one ******* Skylander (punk *** Activision).
---
Bamorrow Green Sparx Gems: 425
#19 Posted: 00:42:24 07/04/2012
Where do you find them in OKC?
#20 Posted: 00:51:10 07/04/2012
Walmart has been flocked with them.

Heck, I have an extra set, but I am holding them to trade for 2 Wham Shells. Should I get Wham Shells before I need to trade, then I will part with them.
---
#21 Posted: 01:05:39 07/04/2012
GM, I think most of us outside of your mecca of Warnado and Camo...is having a shortage of them and or has yet to see them. From tracking out here, they haven't gotten even close to the Northwest as I have seen no reports in WA...and 1 in Idaho...and a couple in Cali
---
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#22 Posted: 01:07:39 07/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
I didn't miss it. I actually ordered 2 sets. smilie

EDIT: and I was actually the person who posted this to the forums yesterday that their pages were up on GS. Sooo.. Woot to helping!

You know, I never gave you credit for that in the post where I pointed out that they were in stock, but I never would have found them without you posting that Camo was listed on the website. So thanks a ton, xero.
#23 Posted: 01:16:31 07/04/2012
smilie no worries...I do see this whole forum as a collaborative effort. Even when I dog GM, he's still done a lot of work to get his collection and has helped others as well...and so have countless others here. We are not just leechers...we all are like Voltron. We're great on our own, but when we work together we can accomplish even greater things... smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:17:01 07/04/2012 by xerokills
#24 Posted: 01:25:20 07/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Walmart has been flocked with them.

Heck, I have an extra set, but I am holding them to trade for 2 Wham Shells. Should I get Wham Shells before I need to trade, then I will part with them.

Flock them from your Walmarts and flock them to us then! smilie
---
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#25 Posted: 02:31:26 07/04/2012
^ Hahaha! No kidding!, I actually went to walmart three times today.... Not to look for skylanders but to get stuff I forgot on the earlier trips.... but I HAD to check out the skylanders everytime to see if they restocked while I was gone.... Got nothin
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
#26 Posted: 02:33:43 07/04/2012
Hmm. Someone supposedly has Wham in Florida. Why would they do something so stupid?

Camo/Warnado = central states

Wham Shell = west and east coast
---
the_box Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#27 Posted: 04:59:33 07/04/2012
Your east coast theory about Wham Shell is wrong, at least for my immediate area. Central Jersey only had a bunch of Camo's and Warnado's at the GameStop closest to me. Sweet deal for me, nonetheless.
---
Collection Complete! 37/37
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#28 Posted: 05:08:21 07/04/2012
Still no Wham-Shells in the Maryland region between DC and Baltimore. Not expecting to find anything tomorrow. Probably give TRU a shot in the morning on Sunday.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#29 Posted: 06:00:41 07/04/2012
I asked at my local TRU tonight if there was going to be any sort of Skylander event or new figure(s) on Sunday and they said no (the guy even went and checked with mgmt). I guess take that with a grain of salt until the advert comes out tomorrow night on the site.

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#30 Posted: 06:03:07 07/04/2012
Trailer for wave 5

Wham-shell on portal love the paint job

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#31 Posted: 11:45:02 07/04/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight
Trailer for wave 5
[youtube video]

...Now I really want Warnado... When I first looked through and decided which "one of each element" I wanted he was easily my 3rd choice for air but he looks awesome! I'm going to add him to my want list right now.

Camo has always been my second choice for life but I do want him (see sig). His attacks look so cool and he's cute so I'm not really bothered if he's strong or not (I already have a tough life champion).

Wham-Shell... is still just meh to me... I never chose a water element when I made my "one of each element" list, for obvious reasons, but I just don't seem to be able to get as enthused about him as Zap, despite his mediocre power Zap is so fun to play. It is nice to have a non-blue water champion but he just doesn't scream "Buy me!" like so many other Skylanders do to me. I do have to say I like his swimming animation though, it's cool.

Despite having an smilie coming to me from my contest win at PortalMasters.net I think I'm going to get the smilie/smilie/smilie pack and either give the extra smilie to my neighbour's son for his birthday, or (if it's after his birthday, which is most likely) sell it to him or his mum for the cost of 1/3 of a triple pack and buy him a Zook single for his birthday.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Alone0129 Green Sparx Gems: 121
#32 Posted: 12:28:10 07/04/2012
Looking at the Wham Shells on ebay it seems California has them as well.
Dragon Master58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1366
#33 Posted: 14:01:05 07/04/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight
Trailer for wave 5

Wham-shell on portal love the paint job

[User Posted Image]

Nice!!! All 3 are on my 'most wanted' list, and it's good to see some gameplay. I still can't decide what upgrade path to choose for warnado (probably the flying one), but it's melons for camo and mace for wham shell. Wham shell on the portal looks quite cool too smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie - want these swappers the most
I own all figures from first 2 games except S2 Drobot; release him in the UK, Activision!!
Bryceman3000 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#34 Posted: 11:37:52 25/04/2012
You can go to GameStop.com or go to amazon and get camo,warnado and wham shell
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#35 Posted: 20:32:34 25/04/2012
Quote: Bryceman3000
You can go to GameStop.com or go to amazon and get camo,warnado and wham shell

I checked this morning, and it wouldn't let me order. I put them in my wish list, as I've read they give preference to place orders to people that have them on their wish list.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Sinfullysweet Red Sparx Gems: 27
#36 Posted: 22:50:41 25/04/2012
Yeah, it was available but must have sold out pretty quickly. Still waiting on mine to ship from gamestop, the charge finally went through today so hopefully they will be shipping it pretty soon.
---
Currently 36/37 - Missing: smilie
World of Wardrobes & Country Gamer
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#37 Posted: 22:53:29 25/04/2012
Ok mine is out for delivery as of this morning from GameStop. And it says by the end of day. So does that mean at the end of UPS hours or when the mail comes?
#38 Posted: 23:00:59 25/04/2012
The original email tells you based on the tracking number what company's site to track it on. I believe if it begins with a 9, it is post office...if it is letters and numbers it is UPS. It depends on what type of shipping you paid for.
---
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#39 Posted: 23:15:00 25/04/2012
I used UPS Ground. Swill it be here for sure then?
EDIT: Nevermind it JUST got here!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:52 25/04/2012 by Rand O M
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#40 Posted: 00:03:48 26/04/2012
^ whaaaaat? Was it sunday night wham shell was for sale? Well whenever it was, I bought it and paid extra for 3-5 days shipping. I just got the tracking number at it says it hasnt reached their facility... laaaame
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
#41 Posted: 00:09:41 26/04/2012
Mine are coming US Postal Service. They emailed me two days ago, saying they had been shipped. My tracking says they are in Fort Worth, TX....yesterday, no scans today. They will be here soon enough. We got Camo and Warnado today, at a store, so we have have enough new interest to mess around with until Wham Shell gets here. smilie
---
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#42 Posted: 13:38:34 26/04/2012
Just waiting for Wham Shell to come to Canada then we are done! Yesterday was still a great day getting the triple pack of Camo, Ignitor & Warnado.
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#43 Posted: 19:13:11 26/04/2012
Cmon Northern Virginia!
Hoping one of our 10 billion Walmarts around here will have a Wham-Shell tomorrow.
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me