Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
The great missing Wham Shell of North America coalition. [CLOSED]
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#301 Posted: 15:43:33 12/04/2012
I dunno what you people are doing, but I can get all the coins and levels for a character in roughly a half hour-45 minutes. If all the characters were out, only the hardiest of fans would still be playing. From a purely corporation standpoint, it was ingenious to release them in waves. It keeps people hunting, and continues to generate interest. Even those that are mad because they can't find the figures are still out looking for them (if not every day). And bringing in customers to a store is the best thing in the world for most of these companies, especially ones like Walmart since you're already there, 9 times out of 10 you're gonna go looking at something else and probably buy it, even if you went into the store just for Skylanders.

So if they released everything from Day 1, I'd really doubt there'd be as much interest in the game compared to what we're seeing now.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#302 Posted: 16:13:54 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, I have to add a final note about Southenchigga. He was obviously a great help to all of us.

Not to bring up this sensitive issue again, but I have a reason. However, based on this video here, of a kid unboxing his Wham Shell from Australia, it seems these things cost 14.99 AU. So, if it was 14.99, plus 10 dollars for any customs forms, plus shipping, plus Ebay and Paypal fees, and one can clearly see he didn't make much of a profit at all.

However, ANYONE who helps me, deserves a bit of profit for their time. Especially when it's a character no one here in the US can obtain.

Chigg, after seeing this video here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?N...ature=endscreen

All I can say is, I am eternally greatful for the help you provided. Thanks for allowing me to buy Wham off of you. Musicman, thanks for trading with me. I owe you two, for being so kind, where you could have both made money off of the ones you are sending me.

WOW! I didn't know these things were upwards of 14.99 down unda (pun). smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#303 Posted: 16:16:06 12/04/2012
^
I agree completely.
AboveSkylands Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#304 Posted: 16:19:48 12/04/2012
I want to give a special thank you to Southernchigga as well. Gamemaster is the kid about to open a Factory defective box look at the name it seems backards or is that the camera? That box he is about to open looks like a Rare Factory Defect!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:21:33 12/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
#305 Posted: 16:24:53 12/04/2012 | Topic Creator
It's the camera. I've seen it before with some videos. Things will be turned to the opposite side.

If you notice, this kid does a video review on the figure, and Persephone is on the right side of the screen, instead of the left. The whole hub is flipped, like Hyrule is on the Wii version of Twilight Princess. However, Hyrule being flipped on the Wii, was to accomodate Link being right-handed so to go along with people holding the Wiimote with their right hand.
---
#306 Posted: 16:25:01 12/04/2012
Quote: AboveSkylands
I want to give a special thank you to Southernchigga as well. Gamemaster is the kid about to open a Factory defective box look at the name it seems backards or is that the camera? That box he is about to open looks like a Rare Factory Defect!

Looks like he recorded with a webcam, so it's backwards. It reminds me of everyone wondering what direction Zooey and JGL were playing.
---
#307 Posted: 16:27:40 12/04/2012
I thought I was hallucinating glad you guys cleared that upsmilie
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#308 Posted: 00:11:46 13/04/2012
Quote: Zing
Quote: Gaiaknight
Quote: Zing

This is absolutely not true at all in my household. If all 32 figures were released at once, the game would receive the same, if not more play than it does now.

had all 32 figures been released all at once then i would have played it for a week and probably never played it again cause within a week i would have had the game beat had all characters at lvl 10 and had all heroic challenges done for all characters and would have had no reason to continue to play sense there was no online for pvp it would just collect dust along with the figures

This doesn't make any sense. By your logic, you would have played all the wave 1 characters and been done with the game in around four days, then spent maybe a single day on each following wave?

I usually find that typing out my responses makes me think more about what I am saying. This is clearly not the case with some people. smilie

yea more or less when i got the game i bought all available characters (didnt start collecting till long after wave 3 was out) dedicated roughly a week and did everything for them then sat back played other games till new characters came out and then that day did everything for those characters while also updating all my old ones with the new challenges. It takes me roughly 45min to an hour to get a skylander to lvl 10 get all upgrades and complete all there challenges if it takes people longer thats fine too but im literally juggling between 5 different video games right now and im usually always getting new games im what people would call a "Hardcore Gamer" gaming is my hobby and i always make sure a dedicate atleast 3 hrs minimum a day to my hobby.

I have been gaming for 20+ years and usually when i talk about this stuff with people that arent normally "gamers" its hard for them to understand how someone can pay $30+ for a game play and beat it and then just move on without looking back wait i look for in games in replayability and with this game if it had online mode for pvp i would play it more sorry if that upsets some people.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Scorpion Green Sparx Gems: 499
#309 Posted: 00:33:58 13/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
Especially when it's a character no one here in the US can obtain.

No one in the US can obtain it because it has not been widely released (if at all) in the US yet...
#310 Posted: 00:35:28 13/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
I dunno what you people are doing, but I can get all the coins and levels for a character in roughly a half hour-45 minutes. If all the characters were out, only the hardiest of fans would still be playing. From a purely corporation standpoint, it was ingenious to release them in waves. It keeps people hunting, and continues to generate interest. Even those that are mad because they can't find the figures are still out looking for them (if not every day). And bringing in customers to a store is the best thing in the world for most of these companies, especially ones like Walmart since you're already there, 9 times out of 10 you're gonna go looking at something else and probably buy it, even if you went into the store just for Skylanders.

So if they released everything from Day 1, I'd really doubt there'd be as much interest in the game compared to what we're seeing now.

Exactly what I was saying. What better way to keep the buzz going for a game than making people hunt and play continuously for over 4 months now.
#311 Posted: 00:55:25 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Scorpion

No one in the US can obtain it because it has not been widely released (if at all) in the US yet...

Come on. Just say it. No one can find them in stores, because I flew to every state while others were at work and grabbed them all. I sold each on scalperbay, er Ebay, for 1000 BIN. I had 100 of those, so I don't need to work anymore.
---
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#312 Posted: 00:58:15 13/04/2012
Yeah, you did GM. I saw you in WI, NJ, IL, and FL, just to name a few. You beat me by just a few seconds each time. I'll get you one day GM, one day!!!!!!!!!!
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#313 Posted: 01:00:03 13/04/2012

Come on. Just say it. No one can find them in stores, because I flew to every state while others were at work and grabbed them all. I sold each on scalperbay, er Ebay, for 1000 BIN. I had 100 of those, so I don't need to work anymore.

That actually made me laugh out loud! But how many ended up on the wall?
#314 Posted: 01:01:20 13/04/2012
He already has 5 for his "wall of evil", remember? He stole from a guy in Austraila, LOL.
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:00 13/04/2012 by Reaganag
#315 Posted: 01:04:35 13/04/2012
I heard he beat up the Aussie right before taking those 5.
#316 Posted: 01:12:04 13/04/2012
I heard he beat up the Aussie right before taking those 5.

You have heard right. He beat him up, called him a kangaroo kissing freak, and threw him in a ditch.
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#317 Posted: 02:09:23 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
They were never heard from again. CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! I keep dishing out dirt on myself.
---
#318 Posted: 18:32:58 13/04/2012
I am on my 7th WalMart store in Mi and no luck in the search for Camo or Warnado.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:13 13/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
bensdady Yellow Sparx Gems: 1702
#319 Posted: 18:55:28 13/04/2012
has anyone else found anymore wham shells at best buy.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#320 Posted: 08:35:31 14/04/2012
My search for smilie Wham-Shell, the last Skylander for Spyro's Adventure, officially begins now...

I say it's about darn time we all finally take this search seriously. I've dedicated the last few hours to meticulously planning and preparing tools that will help us to get the word on the streets and to help remind us to stay resolute in our quest to find and bring home this poor, missing Skylander.

Check this link out and let me know what you think. If we work together, we can do this! smilie

Edit: Figured out how to post a slightly smaller preview image, lol.
[User Posted Image]
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:51:58 14/04/2012 by sykotek
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#321 Posted: 08:42:06 14/04/2012
NOT FAIR!! Now I have to go out and buy ink so I can print that! Bravo!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#322 Posted: 13:11:12 14/04/2012
I found this playing with Wal-Mart's inventory screen last night

The UPC for Wham-Shell is 4787584001 with a Wal-Mart item number of 550081192. This UPC is tied into the multi-skus of the single pack cases. This means that Wham-Shell is not an exclusive for sure. In addition I could not find any stores that had an on-hand of him.

I also found something cool there is another UPC 4787584270 whose item discription just reads reserved for future character and is also tied to multisku for skylander singles. His Wal-Mart item number is 550081189. It will be interesting to see if this UPC is ever used.

Hope this helps people.
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#323 Posted: 13:18:09 14/04/2012
Bravo sykotek!
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
#324 Posted: 14:08:53 14/04/2012 | Topic Creator
LOL, Syk.

Of course, no one will be able to find those instores, as I will be hoarding those. However, the hoarding of those come with a reason. As you can see, if those are hoarded, no one will ever know it was indeed I who hoarded... er, kidnapped, Wham Shell. So if no one knows he is gone, no one will look for him.

CRAAAAAAP!
---
#325 Posted: 14:17:19 14/04/2012
Gamemaster tell ur people to start stocking up on the Old ones My Best Buy is almost outsmilie
#326 Posted: 14:21:26 14/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Which characters are you needing?
---
#327 Posted: 16:28:01 14/04/2012
Gamemaster Oh I have all 32/32 I am just going to buy doubles buddysmilie
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#328 Posted: 16:59:11 14/04/2012
I can't wait till we start seeing him in the USA cause I really don't want to get him from eBay
---
Got 38
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#329 Posted: 17:25:21 14/04/2012
My hunt is over... I may have blown 110 dollars for Whammy, but he's comin' from down undah, and will be here, the 23rd, or 24th. I am now at ease...'til Giants, that is
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
#330 Posted: 19:22:01 14/04/2012
Quote: Heirumaru2286
My hunt is over... I may have blown 110 dollars for Whammy, but he's comin' from down undah, and will be here, the 23rd, or 24th. I am now at ease...'til Giants, that is

But..he's gonna be out here sooner or later. Shelling out that much is crazy! It's not like he's some super exclusive they'd only made 4 of.
---
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#331 Posted: 19:42:14 14/04/2012

congrats on being done smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#332 Posted: 23:47:41 14/04/2012
If anyone happens to have a Wham Shell for sale, please let me know. I am willing to buy or trade for him.

Have smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:22:32 27/04/2012 by GhostRoaster617
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#333 Posted: 00:49:37 15/04/2012
Quote: ItsJustMe

I also found something cool there is another UPC 4787584270 whose item discription just reads reserved for future character and is also tied to multisku for skylander singles. His Wal-Mart item number is 550081189. It will be interesting to see if this UPC is ever used.

A pack with one or more of the "pets" in it??? ;-)

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#334 Posted: 01:41:19 15/04/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

But..he's gonna be out here sooner or later. Shelling out that much is crazy! It's not like he's some super exclusive they'd only made 4 of.

Congrats. You've just met a crazy person xD

No, but seriously, I'll have th' money back, by next week, plus an extra 100, due to working on Easter, so it's not really much of a big deal.

I look at it this way...Now that my first collection is complete, I can just save up 'til Giants is released. Once that happens, I'll be ready 'ta get all of the figures for that, since I'll have MORE than enough to pay for 'em.

That, and now I can get older waves, since nobody is really buying them, and give them to my other friends, who are interested in the game
---
#335 Posted: 01:50:17 15/04/2012
Quote: Gaiaknight

congrats on being done smilie

Thanks smilie
---
gamehippo Green Sparx Gems: 145
#336 Posted: 13:36:26 16/04/2012
I've searched through tons, TONS, of Toysrus's, Gamestops, Walmarts, and about any store you can imagine, I just can't find those three characters, Camo, Warnado, and Wham-shell!!! I'm freaking angry! If anyone has one of those three characters, and maybe lost interest in the game, I'm beggin ya to give it to me.

When Skylanders Giants comes out, I think people are gonna start becoming bankrupt
vinzclortho37 Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#337 Posted: 15:41:50 16/04/2012
Quote: gamehippo
I've searched through tons, TONS, of Toysrus's, Gamestops, Walmarts, and about any store you can imagine, I just can't find those three characters, Camo, Warnado, and Wham-shell!!! I'm freaking angry! If anyone has one of those three characters, and maybe lost interest in the game, I'm beggin ya to give it to me.

When Skylanders Giants comes out, I think people are gonna start becoming bankrupt

You are not alone. Tons of people are having trouble finding these three. Im afraid, though, there is a problem with your plight: You aren't looking hard enough. I found Camo/Warnado at Walmart after two weeks of searching 10-15 stores PER DAY. FOR FOURTEEN DAYS (well, 15 if you count the day I found them).

Youve got three choices: You can either wait til the characters are more widely available, pay scalper prices on eBay OR you can step up your game and do some serious searching. I FULLY believe that anyone willing to put in the proper legwork will probably find their prize sooner than later (even more so now than last week or the one before). Good luck to you and I hope you find your guys.

...and don't even bother looking for wham-Shell in the U.S.. He isn't out there yet - period. One dude on these boards (that's right, ONE GUY) said Best Buy in Va. got some, but he currently stands alone with his fishy story. I'll also note NO PICS were provided as truth. Call me crazy, but I'm not buying some solitary citizen's word over weeks and weeks of empty shelves and employees who either haven't seen him or are convinced we won't see him til June or so. I'm not wasting a second looking until we have some ACTUAL CONFIRMATION that he's out there. We don't have that now.
---
Skylanders Plugs!
Pics coming soon!
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#338 Posted: 16:16:08 16/04/2012
Has anyone actually received a wham shell from down under? Everytime I ask the seller about my shipment its always an excuse to wait another day. Also, one seller said she did not get a tracking number but I thought all international packages came with one?
#339 Posted: 17:08:03 16/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Not yet. Although, the five I have coming are already in the US. Just gotta wait for them to get here.
---
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#340 Posted: 17:10:36 16/04/2012
Also waiting. Hopeful he'll arrive in the next two weeks.
#341 Posted: 19:49:20 16/04/2012
When was yours shipped? One of mine shipped wednesday last week. The other xhigga said he went to mail some today but forgot the addresses so it will be tomorrow before he sends but I paid him last week
#342 Posted: 19:52:06 16/04/2012
Mind you, I went through a different individual.
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#343 Posted: 20:00:14 16/04/2012
Sooooo....uh...yeah...I just got confirmation that the West Coast is receiving shipments of Wham-Shell. Not sure if this is old or new news. But I know my state, WA has had certain stores receive them today. smilie If you're not looking. You better start. smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#344 Posted: 20:47:21 16/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
Sooooo....uh...yeah...I just got confirmation that the West Coast is receiving shipments of Wham-Shell. Not sure if this is old or new news. But I know my state, WA has had certain stores receive them today. smilie If you're not looking. You better start. smilie

Xero, would you mind sharing with stores, either by posting here or over PM?
#345 Posted: 22:04:28 16/04/2012
I got my three Wham-Shells coming in the mail. I am going to try and sell two to pay for my set. I really don't care anymore after all the aggrevation this has caused. The tracking says they are in LA and about to leave. Hopefully I get them here soon and I can finally be done with this nonsense. One Wham-Shell went for $300.00 today. One went for $500.00. I am still waiting to see if the person ever got paid.

One went for $500.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item4ab6426ea6

One went for $300.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-S...=item231c3ffce8

On Average these go for $100.00-$150.00. I think some high rollers are trying to get these to higher levels, or it could be Activision buying these to release a PR later to say how much they went for like they did with that stunt on the Gold and the Silvers going for over $1,000.00 that one time.

These will be VHTF for a long time. I am greatful for threesmilie
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 22:36:46 16/04/2012 by AboveSkylands
IAmSwag Blue Sparx Gems: 910
#346 Posted: 22:14:37 16/04/2012
Xero, which stores should I be calling =]

Been searching on eBay to see if any new listings in the states but the same ol usual...
VendettaACS Green Sparx Gems: 223
#347 Posted: 22:19:13 16/04/2012
I honestly think everyone should just wait a week or two, and he will be everywhere.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#348 Posted: 22:19:47 16/04/2012
Nah Vendetta not at these ebay prices. Thats where employees come in and buy them.
VendettaACS Green Sparx Gems: 223
#349 Posted: 22:28:03 16/04/2012
I'll say this. If Wham Shell comes in my TRU and people on here are still having trouble I'll start sending them out to other people for equal retail price, or as close as I possibly can get it to that. Activision is handling this last figure VERY poorly by NOT having him included with Camo and Warnado.
---
#350 Posted: 22:38:24 16/04/2012
Scalpers make you wanna feel like u will never get one. Remember Cynder was the same way going for $225 on ebay. Now you cant gibe them away. It will be june before wham is everywhere so its up to you if you wanna wait but dont buy this guys crap unless you want wham 2 months early. He will be everywhere soon enough. This is how they make their money back by creating a demand and making you think they are scarce. Now they are but by june its a whole different ballgame.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 13 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me